• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Majukun

Also damn, Pedro really might be dead. Yea, yea, it's One Piece, but...

- Oda purposefully teased us by having Nami think it was him that got up, only for it to be Perospero instead (Also I did not think Perospero would get up that quickly, so that's even more concerning as to what happened to Pedro, who was right next to him)
- Perospero lost an arm, and that was with coating himself with armor, imagine the damage Pedro would've taken
- Pedro says in the past "I'll make sure to choose to at least choose where I die", which he did since it's not like he expects to survive that kamikaze attempt
- Roger told him everyone gets their time to shine, and the bomb would be Pedro's moment (for us readers anyways), with Carrot being the next "person to shine"
- Says he's content being the foundation for the world that the masters await, I'd say being the key to the Straw Hats finally getting a chance to solidly create distance from Big Mom is good enough

And then lastly, Oda's continuing to put emphasis on how Carrot is currently in a state of emotional turmoil over his presumed death. It really would put a damper on things to say the least if it turned out that he was alive.

I feel that if he does turn out to be alive, it better be through that damn Pumpkin Homie he ran into or something. For him to just randomly get up and meet up with them again would be lame as hell. That said, I'd obviously prefer for him to remain dead.

pedro is dead

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was a hype chapter. I think Pedro might actually be dead. But we'll see
Luffy vs Katakuri let's do this!
Damn, that bomb managed to take Perospero's arm. That bomb was no joke.

Sanji is still out there baking the cake with Pudding and Chiffon so I imagine Luffy will get back to the Sunny with their help. Or the Germa will help.

I just realized this is the first new Roger dialogue we've had in a long time. Meaning that the anime will have to find a replacement voice actor for that brief flashback (RIP Chikao Otsuka)

LotusHD

Banned
So damn cool

cDBIw1S.png

Majukun

P-ell, P-agaya...

P-edro...

Lol but seriously, Pell survived a nuke, even Sabo survived a bazooka i think? We won't know until we actually see his body or his grave, tbh.

people said the same for monet and vergo..and yet here we are,they are gone from the story and never "returned" like people thought

i know that Oda is Oda,but we can't automatically say that everyone is alive just because..and even if pedro was alive,he would be killed immediately by all the big mom pirates that are on the beach..also,the smoke went away and if he was still there and not a piece here and there,we would have seen him.

Carrot!!!!! Come on baby!! Is that not enough for you ppl to at least consider it

And there goes a big bad fight everybody wanted.

Cake might even be baked off screen at this point

Geg

God, Luffy this chapter got me hyped.

I guess I was wrong with what I said earlier about there being no way Luffy would fight Katakuri alone and would need help from Jinbe and maybe Sanji. Help's not coming for him in there

Lakuza

amazing chapter.

Surprised to see Pero standing up with an arm missing and dripping in blood, so used to seeing people stand up with a few bruises so its nice to see some permanent damage (of course he can build a candy arm similar to aokiji with his leg).

Luffy also being serious, using his head and making decisions was a surprise too. He acted like a proper captain! This applies to when he disabled Katakuri too and that panel of him smashing the mirror was awesome.

Was not expecting a one on one fight for luffy this arc. I hope the cake is baked off screen (I'm ok with a panel or two every now and then to add some comedy in between the fight).

Majukun

amazing chapter.

Surprised to see Pero standing up with an arm missing and dripping in blood, so used to seeing people stand up with a few bruises so its nice to see some permanent damage (of course he can build a candy arm similar to aokiji with his leg).

a candy arm is nt like it will be useful for more...a fixed artificial leg can be used to walk somehow..but an arm that can't move doesn't have many uses,othe than maybe slap people with it.

amazing chapter.

Luffy also being serious, using his head and making decisions was a surprise too. He acted like a proper captain! This applies to when he disabled Katakuri too and that panel of him smashing the mirror was awesome.

Was not expecting a one on one fight for luffy this arc. I hope the cake is baked off screen (I'm ok with a panel or two every now and then to add some comedy in between the fight).
Last arc had one person missing a leg and a hand and the arc before had someone cut their own leg off idk what odas been watching lately lol getting dark

Dartastic

What's up with carrot? Is she in there with Luffy? Or is she still outside the mirror world? She's sure as hell not on the ship, right?

Geg

Also, Jinbe was not included in the past color spread of the non-Straw Hat Popularity Contest Top 20, but also was not included in this color spread of the Straw Hats. What exactly is his status now lol

Majukun

What's up with carrot? Is she in there with Luffy? Or is she still outside the mirror world? She's sure as hell not on the ship, right?

and how would all the other people inside the mirror have missed her' there's only one entrance to the place, you can't really sneak up inside

LotusHD

Banned
Carrot!!!!! Come on baby!! Is that not enough for you ppl to at least consider it

Lol, we got some extra seats available for the Carrot train, it's never too late to join lmao

amazing chapter.

The new and improved Perospero will be back, just you wait

a candy arm is nt like it will be useful for more...a fixed artificial leg can be used to walk somehow..but an arm that can't move doesn't have many uses,othe than maybe slap people with it.

It's One Piece, so it's totally believable that a candy arm would just as flexible as a regular arm, as well as more versatile. That said, Aokiji is a Logia whereas Perospero is not, so maybe you're right.

What, no dude, she's right there lol

FAwZSh0.png

Carrot Status.

And don't you forget it!

Ray Down

Banned

Nah she still on the ship, you see her on the panel when you see the dresser with mirror gone.

Now it makes me wonder with all the food powers is there a popcorn one?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Best chapter in a long time. That was awesome.

That was great. You could really feel the desperation. Luffy really pulled his weight in this chapter.

I don't know if Pedro is dead or not. That being said, this is a nice way to go out, all things considering. Basically passed the torch the younger generation.

The more chapters that go by, the less I understand Katakuri's devil fruit. The dude was straight up acting like a Logia. That being said, I didn't expect an actual Luffy vs. Katakuri fight to end this arc. It'll be interesting to see if there's an actual conclusion to it or not.

Oda got some love for cutting arms in the new world, Kidd, Law, Perospero...

Interesting stuff about the colorspread, though yeah Oda is probably going to cement the joining of jimbe
and Carrot and Pudding
with some kind of aftermath party.

LotusHD

Banned
Best chapter in a long time. That was awesome.

I thought last chapter was great too, but yes, even though I've liked the last several chapters, the arc is clearly a lot more engaging once we stopped having to deal with Big Mom chasing them around.

I don't know if Pedro is dead or not. That being said, this is a nice way to go out, all things considering. Basically passed the torch the younger generation.

Barring some convoluted Big Mom DF shenanigans involving that Pumpkin Homie, he's dead. If he's not, then whatever, I'll gladly take the L, but I believe he is considering the points I've made earlier.

Ray Down

Banned
Also don't forget Bon Clay whole chapter at the end of Impel Down.

And at least Oda hasen't reached Kubo level of arm ripping, Pero will probably get a green candy arm so he can be like that guy from Twin Peaks.

Daingurse

Man, Luffy was badass this chapter. Can't wait to see the showdown between him and Katakuri!

And Perspero continues to impress! Candy Armor, don't know why I didnt think of that haha.

LotusHD

Banned
Man, Luffy was badass this chapter. Can't wait to see the showdown between him and Katakuri!

And Perspero continues to impress! Candy Armor, don't know why I didnt think of that haha.

I'm surprised you didn't, it was the most obvious way to justify him surviving, because there's no way Oda would've killed him off

Daingurse

I'm surprised you didn't, it was the most obvious way to justify him surviving, because there's no way Oda would've killed him off

Yeah, I should have seen this coming, because he's had way too much presence this arc to die so easily. I just hope he actually lost that arm, and it isn't more candy shenanigans. Looks pretty convincing to me though!

Yeah, I should have seen this coming, because he's had way too much presence this arc to die so easily. I just hope he actually lost that arm, and it isn't more candy shenanigans. Looks pretty convincing to me though!
Ima bet on the arm being lost he needs a handicap for the revenge match vs carrot....:)

Chase17

Best chapter since 863.

Great choice by Oda on what three straw hats to feature on the cover. Sanji using a cat to shield himself on the cp, the coward!

Big Mom in the flashback panels is much more of an interesting character than she is now. The saving grace is that it is hilarious to see her pac man through the ground and now ship.

I always believed in Pedro, and his flashback was very good.

Luffy was cool this chapter.

Can't believe we are getting Luffy vs Katakuri as a warm up for Luffy vs Big Mom.
/s

LotusHD

Banned
Best chapter since 863.

Great choice by Oda on what three straw hats to feature on the cover. Sanji using a cat to shield himself on the cp, the coward!

Big Mom in the flashback panels is much more of an interesting character than she is now. The saving grace is that it is hilarious to see her pac man through the ground and now ship.

I always believed in Pedro
, and his flashback was very good.

Luffy was cool this chapter.

Can't believe we are getting Luffy vs Katakuri as a warm up for Luffy vs Big Mom.
/s

Believed in him for what

daveo42

Banned
Hype ending to another hype chapter. Pedro isn't dead tho. Maybe. Probably. Perospero tho with that missing arm.

Also, Jinbe was not included in the past color spread of the non-Straw Hat Popularity Contest Top 20, but also was not included in this color spread of the Straw Hats. What exactly is his status now lol

Needs a chapter name with the number 10 9 in it.
I didn't realize Robin never got a numbered chapter.

Hype ending to another hype chapter. Pedro isn't dead tho. Maybe. Probably. Perospero tho with that missing arm.

Needs a chapter name with the number 10 in it.
I didn't realize Robin never got a numbered chapter.

it'd actually be 9 since they never include Luffy. For example Brook's was "The Eighth"

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Pedro will be alive, but die before the arc is done due to his lifespan shortening. Just so it's a more "peaceful" death. They'll sail away and we'll see him sitting behind a rock with his eyese closed, he'll say something about the next generation blah blah, then quiety pass away.

LotusHD

Banned
Pedro will be alive, but die before the arc is done due to his lifespan shortening. Just so it's a more "peaceful" death. They'll sail away and we'll see him sitting behind a rock with his eyese closed, he'll say something about the next generation blah blah, then quiety pass away.

That would somehow be worse than him just coming back.

Honestly, another chapter that lends credence to the idea that Carrot might join. Also yes, Luffy is super badass this chapter

So it seems like Luffy is banking on Sanji and Pudding to help get him back to the ship

Top Bottom