• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

No because we already did the whole fake out thing with Cracker, and frankly, my mind refuses to believe it regardless. I'm just going to believe that him being a Special Paramecia simply means that he is effectively a Logia user, but Oda won't classify him as such because it isn't a natural element or whatever.

No I do not know why Haki attacks seem to not phase Katakuri, please leave me alone.
Trebol too, it would be kind of lame since its super similar to that. Luffy used a ton of Haki to survive being hit by Cracker's haki attacks so I guess Katakuri just does the same. I don't know why they made him special paramecia and not just paramecia.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Trebol too, it would be kind of lame since its super similar to that. Luffy used a ton of Haki to survive being hit by Cracker's haki attacks so I guess Katakuri just does the same. I don't know why they made him special paramecia and not just paramecia.
He's a special paramedics because he's a logia in all but name.

He's a special paramedics because he's a logia in all but name.
How is he any different than someone like Luffy or Perospero? He's made of mochi and can create an infinite amount.

Is it even that simple tho? Haki attacks aren’t even hitting him. Unless I’m supposed to believe this dude is contorting his body to dodge all those punches with observation haki
He can see the future and can move his body in any shape.

caliph95

To be cynical unless it leads something with awakenings or something Oda probably wanted Katakuri to be a logia but realized mochi isn't natural

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Is it even that simple tho? Haki attacks aren’t even hitting him. Unless I’m supposed to believe this dude is contorting his body to dodge all those punches with observation haki
Haki attacks don't hit logia's either (see Akainu at marineford) that's because while haki can hit them in their element from they can still make gaps in their body before a strike even lands and thus such an attack technically misses them.

It's why high level logia's are so nasty.

But other paramecia can!
They can create or are the element like Luffy. They can rarely do both.

To be cynical unless it leads something with awakenings or something Oda probably wanted Katakuri to be a logia but realized mochi isn't natural
Yea pretty much this also lol. If it’s not an awakening thing than I agree. Also would anyone have cared that it’s not a natural thing.

That’s the twist some of their bodies turn into the actual ability others can produce it’s never both until here we go katakuri
Maybe his psychic powers were achieved from a near death event where his entire body but his head was destroyed and he had to rebuild the rest with mochi like Doflaningo did with string lol

LotusHD

Banned
Yea pretty much this also lol. If it's not an awakening thing than I agree. Also would anyone have cared that it's not a natural thing.

I absolutely wouldn't have. But I guess Oda does, which is fine. Because I also don't really care about it being a special paramecia fruit. After all, let's be real, Paramecia DFs can do essentially whatever the fuck Oda wants them to do, so I'm not going to suddenly draw the line at Paramecia DFs that are reminiscent of Logia users.

I absolutely wouldn't have. But I guess Oda does, which is fine. Because I also don't really care about it being a special paramecia fruit. After all, let's be real, Paramecia DFs can do essentially whatever the fuck Oda wants them to do, so I'm not going to suddenly draw the line at Paramecia DFs that are reminiscent of Logia users.
Still waiting on my time fruit it’s somewhere out there maybe vegapunk, would explain why the hell hes years ahead in tech

No shanks doesn’t have it

d7EOryI.gif

RomanceDawn

Those gifs are so awesome! Why can't the anime always look good?!

Because of the insane popularity of One Piece I fully expect a One Piece Kai a few decades after One Piece ends. With One Piece you always play the long game and long time fans are always rewarded. This is just one more aspect of that.

Ray Down

Banned
Cut off all the useless filler, all those recap episodes (didn't Enies lobby have like 3 of those?) and LONG recaps they do before each episode.

Morlas

seriously though why couldn't gear 4th vs doflamingo be that well animated, seriously it lost all the punch the manga had because all the attacks were so drawn out, King Kong gun should've instantly sent Doflamingo crashing into the ground instead of a drawn out struggle.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Cut off all the useless filler, all those recap episodes (didn't Enies lobby have like 3 of those?) and LONG recaps they do before each episode.

You could skip those. The issue is that they mix the canon with the shitty filler. That actually poisons the episodes through and through.

seriously though why couldn't gear 4th vs doflamingo be that well animated, seriously it lost all the punch the manga had because all the attacks were so drawn out, King Kong gun should've instantly sent Doflamingo crashing into the ground instead of a drawn out struggle.

I think Luffy vs Cracker was done reasonably well in the anime. largely because the manga all of no time on the actual fight.

Cwarrior

They manged to make sanji look a hell of a lot cooler then he ever did in the manga counter part.

All that kicking action done by one animator noboru kozumI the original character designer for one piece.

Those gif don't do it justice sInce it skips the more impressive frames.

Nami voice actor also did a great job.

They manged to make sanji lool a hell of a lot cooler then he ever did in the manga counter part.

All that kicking action done by one animation noboru kozumI the original character designer for one piece.

Those gif don't do it justice sInce it skips the more impressive frames.
Sound effects on point

I like well animated fights as much as anyone, but seems a bit ridiculous and excessive for what was a 1 minute long beatdown. And it takes away the impact when it's that over the top (compared to Luffy vs Ussop, for instance)

Ray Down

Banned
I like well animated fights as much as anyone, but seems a bit ridiculous and excessive for what was a 1 minute long beatdown. And it takes away the impact when it's that over the top (compared to Luffy vs Ussop, for instance)

Toei: We got to fill 30 minutes though.

Greg response to the anime is the best.

"The people behind the anime decisions are very interesting people."

Wasn't van der decken a logia? Was his a "natural" themed fruit? I really feel we've seen like the same DF like 3 times already, a variation of sticky stuff.

Lakuza

Wasn't van der decken a logia? Was his a "natural" themed fruit? I really feel we've seen like the same DF like 3 times already, a variation of sticky stuff.

van der decken is a paramecia, he has the homing ability for thrown objects. I'm guessing your either getting him confused with the Caribou(swamp guy) who thought he could take on luffy or Trebol (but you're right, theres been atleast 3 sticky devil fruits now :p)

caliph95

Swamp is a stretch but it's still be a natural element since it something that doesn't require to be made like mochi

But really Df are magic and really doesn't matter

NSESN

I want a fight where Luffy and the enemy are both bouncing because he used his awakened powers on the ground. Just like OoT Bongo Bongo.

Top Bottom