• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Have an idea of what was whispered to Sanji from reading the manga thread but I'm not going to bring it up here. Wasn't quite expecting Capone's powers to work like that. I also just realized Nami, Chopper and Brook are being thrown out of Capone in the opening.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I just caught up on the last ~ 60 episodes and the waiting game begins again :/ Hopefully this Zou arc isn't that long like the last one or two (if you count Punk Hazard), I got seriously bored with how long Dressrosa got dragged on.

Cwarrior

Up coming episode staff list

November 13:
One Piece episode 764: 「野郎共へ サンジ別れの置き手紙」

Screenplay: 「田中仁」 Hitoshi Tanaka
Episode director: 「小山保徳」 Yasunori Koyama
Storyboard: 「小山保徳」 Yasunori Koyama
Animation director: 「川村敦子」 Atsuko Kawamura

November 20:
One Piece episode 765: 「ネコマムシの旦那に会いに行こう」

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「長峯達也」Tatsuya Nagamine(film z & heart of gold director, his been working on the anime since dressrosa)
Storyboard: 「長峯達也」Tatsuya Nagamine
Animation director: 「出口としお」 Toshio Deguchi

November 27:
One Piece episode 766: 「ルフィ決断 サンジ脱退の危機!」

Screenplay: 「中山智博」 Tomohiro Nakayama
Episode director: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda(dragon ball z battle of gods director)
Storyboard: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
Animation director: 「横山健次」 Kenji Yokoyama

December 4:
One Piece episode 767: 「一触即発 イヌとネコと侍!」

Screenplay: 「米村正二」 Shōji Yonemura
Episode director: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa(serise director)
Storyboard: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
Animation director: 「市川慶一」Keiichi Ichikawa(character designer & animation director for episode of sabo & heart of gold , it's his first time working on the tv anime as animation director)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got to give props to the One Pace project. They managed to condense the first 74 Dressrosa episodes into 33.

Take notes Toei.

I don't like how easy the crew can be captured whenever it's convenient for the plot.

Oh but at least this time it's relevant for the plot that the guy who was just perforated by bullets, survived miraculously :p

I don't like how easy the crew can be captured whenever it's convenient for the plot.

Oh but at least this time it's relevant for the plot that the guy who was just perforated by bullets, survived miraculously :p
That bothered me in the manga it bothers me now. Makes chopper and nami alot weaker than they are imo.

tumblr_ogk9ncXI7d1sog6e2o1_1280.png

tumblr_ogk9ncXI7d1sog6e2o4_1280.png
The anime did a great job with this scene. One of the best episodes of the arc.
Outside of some weak episodes, Zou has been pretty good in the anime.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Germa arc is really happening :O :O :O

Cat Viper song was fun. I bet Cho didn't expect a song he did on YouTube to end up being a full song for One Piece.

Chopper caught the Sanji disease. Send help.

Oh snap. They handled this episode amazingly.
In the manga, this was one of the best chapters in Zou. The staff did it justice and then some.

Props to Episode Director, Toshinori Fukazawa and Animation Director, Keiichi Ishikawa.

Wow did not see that twist coming, even though I'm already spoiled on some of the later stuff.

also, strawhats are very bad with getting captured AND keeping someone captured.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mentioned this in the TOONAMI thread but the dub saved Impel Down and Marineford for me. So much better than when i first watched them.

Top Bottom