• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Traffy being disappointed at the Nin-nin was the best.

It seemed like only the last three minutes really mattered which looks to be covered way more in depth next week. Wish there was more plot forward content here.

Cool episode. Preview for next week looks weird. They already showed that Jack got away and was still alive, but they're going to show his confrontation with the Navy trying to free Doflamingo. Not that I'm complaining as I'm really looking forward to it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Cool episode. Preview for next week looks weird. They already showed that Jack got away and was still alive, but they're going to show his confrontation with the Navy trying to free Doflamingo. Not that I'm complaining as I'm really looking forward to it.
They have to add filler it's dangerously close to the manga

Rebel Leader

Well that conversation never happens here lol
lazxvpW.gif

Rebel Leader

Well, they did cut of a good portion of the gylphs talk so that well be explained as well.

And THAT will happen too within the next few episodes maybe.

Cwarrior

Raizo scene was new music by Shiro Hamaguchi

tomita769_by_aims774-dasrfk4.gif

Tomita been very active lately

December 11:
One Piece episode 768: 「三人目! 忍者・霧の雷ぞう登場」
“

Screenplay: 「田中仁」 Hitoshi Tanaka
Episode director: 「上田芳裕」 Yoshihiro Ueda
Storyboard: 「えんどうてつや」 Tetsuya Endō
Animation director: 「高木雅之」 Masayuki Takagi

December 18:
One Piece episode 769: 「赤い石!”ひとつなぎの大秘宝”への道標」

Screenplay: 「中山智博」 Tomohiro Nakayama
Episode director: 「所勝美」 Katsumi Tokoro
Storyboard: 「所勝美」 Katsumi Tokoro
Animation director: 「新垣重文」 Shigefumi Shingaki

December 25:
One Piece episode 770: 「ワノ国の秘密 光月家と歴史の本文」

Screenplay: 「中山智博」 Tomohiro Nakayama
Episode director: 「藤田健太郎」Kentaro Fujita
Storyboard: 「藤田健太郎」Kentaro Fujita
Animation director: 「伊藤修一」Shūichi Itō

January 1, 2017: Break
January 8, 2017:
One Piece episode 771: 「男の誓い ルフィと光月モモの助」
“

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Storyboard: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Animation director: 「松田翠」 Midori atsuda(first time handling a full episode)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Episode 770

Last episode of the year, and no episode next week.
More bombs will be dropped.

Really don't like how they spell Poneglyph, it's the same in Viz's translation. Is it a 4Kids leftover like how the manga is still forced to use "Zolo"?

EDIT: Oh hey, Raizo's in the opening now.

don't tell anyone in the one piece world that you need only 2 waypoints and then just sail across the line between them until you find Raftel ;)

You technically need 3 to have any confidence that you'll be able to find the location with the info (with just two it's possible you'll get two adjacent corners so the line between them would lead to nothing). With three you get a set of three lines, one of which will contain the correct point, but you still can't narrow it down to one location

HeelPower

So....I finally finished the Dressrosa arc...like...finally...my god.

Honestly One Piece is great.Its so,so great ,but the pacing is unbearable.

This is not an anime only issue either.The concepts are great,the contents of the dress rosa arc are great ,but it DRAGGED.

Blueballs flashbacks that halt progression is something that Oda needs to lay off for a while.His world building is amazing and I appreciate what he's trying to do ,but the timing can be ball busting at times.

Still my favorite fictional thing in existence..Probably..

This issue is magnified 100x in the anime.Its actually a great anime.Great music,great voice work ,but the pacing is...God help us.

The anime made more episodes of Dressrosa than there were manga chapters, if you can believe that.

Even in the manga, parts of the arc dragged but it's not a massive issue when you binge read it. The longest flashback in the arc can be read in an hour and a half sitting.

Most people in the fandom already know that One Piece is more enjoyable when read in bulk.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still really want to see the Aokiji-Akainu fight.
They should just make the next movie about the 2 year gap.

Imagine a movie that focused on someone other than the Straw Hats? Like a Smoker and Hina movie, or a Garp and Cobymeppo movie. It'll never happen though.

Jarnet87

Not been the biggest fan of Fishman Island Arc. I'm up to where the straw hats have just started battling against the new fishman pirates.

Not been the biggest fan of Fishman Island Arc. I'm up to where the straw hats have just started battling against the new fishman pirates.

Yeah Fishman Island is pretty meh and so is the movie filler arc right after it. I actually really like Punk Hazard until it starts to drag out late.

Intriguing episode...
So Momo is like the land equivalent of the mermaid princess? Not sure why Luffy can at least hear him as well. Didn't seem to be D related?
All these giant, sentient creatures... are they one of the ancient weapons?

Oh and about Wano: Maybe those detective luffy specials were actually canon, showing future events of the strawhats secret identities after reaching Wano ;)

Intriguing episode...
So Momo is like the land equivalent of the mermaid princess? Not sure why Luffy can at least hear him as well. Didn't seem to be D related?
All these giant, sentient creatures... are they one of the ancient weapons?

Oh and about Wano: Maybe those detective luffy specials were actually canon, showing future events of the strawhats secret identities after reaching Wano ;)

It's not D related since Law couldn't hear it. We know Shirahoshi's ability is one of the three ancient weapons and another is inside Marie Jois. My guess is Momo's is the same as Shirahoshi's since Luffy could hear both the Sea Kings and Zunesha.

Wasn't Kaido about to wreck Kid's crew?

Chairhome

So, I am going to finally try to get in to One Piece. I know this is probably brought up a lot, but what is the best way to do this? I have Crunchyroll Premium, so I'll probably watch it through there. I am starting at the beginning, unless there is a better way...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, I am going to finally try to get in to One Piece. I know this is probably brought up a lot, but what is the best way to do this? I have Crunchyroll Premium, so I'll probably watch it through there. I am starting at the beginning, unless there is a better way...

Skip the filler episodes. The series is long enough that the filler is just painful. If you want to watch it go ahead, but most people will say go with the manga.

I recommend skipping filler, Watching until a certain point and than changing to the manga. Idk how much you know about one piece so I won't say what point to switch

Chairhome

Skip the filler episodes. The series is long enough that the filler is just painful. If you want to watch it go ahead, but most people will say go with the manga.

I recommend skipping filler, Watching until a certain point and than changing to the manga. Idk how much you know about one piece so I won't say what point to switch

Thanks, I'll probably skip filler. Just wasn't sure if there is a good jumping on point or if I should start with the beginning. I will probably read the manga, too, but I want to focus on the anime.

Thanks, I'll probably skip filler. Just wasn't sure if there is a good jumping on point or if I should start with the beginning. I will probably read the manga, too, but I want to focus on the anime.
You're good with the anime until episode 516 than i say back out(that number isn't as big as you think dont back out now)...(OK it's pretty big but stick with it lol)

Top Bottom