• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Good, decently paced episode. That's now everything from the opening except Sanji and his father. I hope we get a completely new opening at some point during this arc.

Damn missed it tonight was cooking. Animation still good?

There was some interesting shot choices in the Luffy v Luffy fight but basically a standard One Piece episode in terms of animation. Art's mostly consistent barring some far away shots.

The upcoming stretch of episodes should have alot of action at least.

There was some interesting shot choices in the Luffy v Luffy fight but basically a standard One Piece episode in terms of animation. Art's mostly consistent barring some far away shots.

The upcoming stretch of episodes should have alot of action at least.
I'll take that. What chapter was this episode again?

Finally made my way through Dressrosa with the help of One Pace.

Question for the Zou arc. Can I hop back over to the One Piece series proper? Or is One Pace still the best bet. Dressrosa and Punk Hazard were dragging horribly for me so I had to hop to one pace. Is zou any better?

I'm hearing the animation is much improved, which is also tempting me to return to one piece proper.

Moaradin

Zou didn't drag much for me. I'm sure most of that is because it's just a shorter arc in general, but I enjoyed it. The anime does look better and that definitely helps.

I'm weirded out that they seem to be cyborgs or something? Sanji literally dented #4's head which needed fixing like some car door.

Oh and btw that creepy forest/Alice in Wonderland shit would give me nightmares as a kid I think haha
Who knows what they are
*Whistles away lol

The wonderland is the best thing but lol at these trees and flowers thinking they can take luffy out

I'm weirded out that they seem to be cyborgs or something? Sanji literally dented #4's head which needed fixing like some car door.

Oh and btw that creepy forest/Alice in Wonderland shit would give me nightmares as a kid I think haha

They mentioned something about "raid suits" in the episode during Sanji's fight so I assumed it was related to that but just a guess.

It was last week but I was surprised when Brulee was revealed. I've seen the name mentioned in the manga thread but I had no idea who they were. For some reason I expected them to be a short, fat dude.

Pretty good episode today with some needed explanations. The Cracker fight is when I started following the manga a bit so I kind of know how the rest of the arc will play out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ohhhh man, the anime is on Cracker now. Time to catch up.

I never knew the vivre card could have that much power from the soul.

I think that was only because the homies are soul energy reprocessed by Big Mom. So her soul probably has some form of influence over them, even in paper form.

Her daughter didn't sense the card's "power" at all.

I'm more confused why they wouldn't sense the card on Nami from the beginning. Her boobs must have been shielding Big Mom's aura.

Daingurse

I enjoyed this episode. Been waiting to see Cracker's reveal for a minute now. I fucking love how far he took that Devil Fruit power. It's so awesome lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Awesome looking design but weaker than Nami apparently.

WOoooow I didn't realize speed-reading was possible for the anime
And yet here we have clearly missing obvious details a/la manga speed-readers.

SHE'S HOLDING BIG MOM'S VIVRE CARD! HOW DID YOU NOT NOTICE THIS?!

WOoooow I didn't realize speed-reading was possible for the anime
And yet here we have clearly missing obvious details a/la manga speed-readers.

SHE'S HOLDING BIG MOM'S VIVRE CARD! HOW DID YOU NOT NOTICE THIS?!

If he's a Mink and not someone infused with Big Mom's soul, it should have no effect on him. Brulee took on Nami just fine.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If he's a Mink and not someone infused with Big Mom's soul, it should have no effect on him. Brulee took on Nami just fine.

Carrot already said he's not a Mink
He's a Homie, a normal rabbit with someone's soul implanted in him
Brulee isn't a Homie, she's human.

Akai__

Randolph is bad ass and also funny as heck with his bird partner. His intro was also pretty good.

Biscuit making power is a new low and I thought we could get lower than mirrors and wax :(

I really really like it when we get weird devil fruits like this, because at least they are not obvious boring ones. Can't say that I ever had a problem with devil fruits. They are so different and interesting. You never know what to expect, really.

Ogodei

The biscuit-making power is apparently an allusion to a Japanese nursery rhyme about a child who dreams of biscuits that endlessly multiply.

That's why Cracker calls it his "dream" power in this episode.

Kind of why i miss fansubbers. They would have taken the time to explain the connection from cookies -> cloneable minions.

Jaroof

I feel like Cracker is bluffing about being able to control all of his armor puppets to a tee with his powers. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just use the armor themselves to fight his enemies, without putting himself in harm's way? Then again, Doflamingo had a whole arsenal of moves with his devil fruit. Curious to see how this plays out.

Top Bottom