• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

The episode in Loguetown with Dragon, Smoker, Luffy, and Zoro was epic but confusing. I thought Dragon doesnt have any powers, unless I missed something, but it seemed like he caused the lightning to save Luffy, as well as that massive wind thing as to help them escape.

deduce

Dedication Through Light said:
The episode in Loguetown with Dragon, Smoker, Luffy, and Zoro was epic but confusing. I thought Dragon doesnt have any powers, unless I missed something, but it seemed like he caused the lightning to save Luffy, as well as that massive wind thing as to help them escape.
I thought Dragon could control
wind, Ivankov mentions that when Dragon is looking towards East Blue the wind blows in the same direction if I remember correctly.

Trevelyon

Do you read the manga? Oda has been *not so subtly eluding to some sort of wind or storm devil fruit power for pretty much the entirety of Dragon's appearances. The stuff in the gray terminal recently is a very large nod to that.

Then again, it might be a complete misdirection by Oda and he's just trolling.

Belfast

Dragon can control storms, I believe. So, it's not specifically wind and not specifically lightning. It's rather a combination of those things, and you can imagine how much of a threat that would actually be to a seafaring society. :)

upandaway

Yeah I doubt his power is unrelated to storm. Oda's not very known for putting up red-herrings and twists that build on foreshadowing. If something is hinted at it's probably what it appears to be. No surprises there.

2th

Banned
Belfast said:
Dragon can control storms, I believe. So, it's not specifically wind and not specifically lightning. It's rather a combination of those things, and you can imagine how much of a threat that would actually be to a seafaring society. :)

this has been the theory for years. but as you know nothing is confirmed till Oda says something.

Nix

Banned
I wish the animation got better. The animation during the Lucci arc was crazy, especially the blueno and Lucci fight; GO BACK TO THAT!

I'd assume Dragon had control over wind, since a storm fruit seems rather vague. Plus, when you think of storms, it's usually wind, lightning and rain, and I doubt he would be able to control all three.

Oh, and they should do an entire filler with Sanji. That is all.

deduce

Trevelyon said:
Do you read the manga? Oda has been *not so subtly eluding to some sort of wind or storm devil fruit power for pretty much the entirety of Dragon's appearances. The stuff in the gray terminal recently is a very large nod to that.

Then again, it might be a complete misdirection by Oda and he's just trolling.
I started reading just a few weeks back, I've only read up to the Drum Island Arc. Reading the Loguetown Arc after watching the Post-War Arc did make it a bit more obvious as to what Dragon's devil fruit power is. The first time I watched the Loguetown Arc I just thought Luffy was one hell of a lucky character to escape the guillotine.

Steroyd

Nix said:
I'd assume Dragon had control over wind, since a storm fruit seems rather vague. Plus, when you think of storms, it's usually wind, lightning and rain, and I doubt he would be able to control all three.

That wouldn't explain the lightning strike that so happened to hit buggy when he was about to execute Luffy back at... Logue town(?), wherever Gold Roger was executed.

Dedication Through Light said:
No manga nor anime next week, wow. These breaks are ruining me :(

Well Oda is sick right?! Also seems like a bad time to take a break. Esp with the
other half of the journey
starting soon.

aechris

How did Luffy get the three scratches on top of his hat? I must have seen it during Marineford but I've forgotten who did it.

Steroyd

Yes Buggy put his wolverine claw thingy through his hat near the beggining, to demonstrate that NO-ONE TOUCHES THE HAT.

aechris said:
Crazy. It makes sense, but they've never put any focus on the cuts until this episode.

I think it's always been there but you barely ever see the top of the hat.

Feel kind of bad for posting about old episodes, but Im just finally going through all my discs which I just reached the end of :(.

But I finally reached my favorite arc, Baroque Works and it was epic. Thus far, way better than the manga. Zoro fighting with his swords against Mr 9, Ms Valentine, and Mr. 5 was so amazing. The Zoro vs Luffy aspect caught me off guard but was cool nonetheless, I cant wait to see how it turns out. I like how this arc is starting off, it makes me nearly forget that totally worthless, pointless, and dull, Lost Island Thousand Year Dragon thing (only good thing was Zoro, Luffy, Sanji fighting baddies but thats it).

Episode 66-67 was almost extremely exciting. I must have speed read the manga, but it almost delivered on a fight I would have died to see continue, Luffy vs Zoro, stupid Nami interrupting. Haha, and the scene when Viva said Crocodiles name, I havent laughed so hard at One Piece in awhile.

Cwarrior

one piece 504-507

so happy to see the crew again really missed them,

Dat robin cleavage, wonder how big nami boob are going to get
post time skip

Mikey Jr.

Approximately how more episodes before we get back on track? Don't want to spoil anything, but those who read the manga know what I mean.

Ferga

Mikey Jr. said:
Approximately how more episodes before we get back on track? Don't want to spoil anything, but those who read the manga know what I mean.

yeah can someone give a big shout out when fillers are over. Not a fan of fillers :\

I haven't watched the anime in awhile but these aren't filler are they? There was definitely scenes from the other straw hats in the manga / title pages.

LaneDS

VGChampion said:
I haven't watched the anime in awhile but these aren't filler are they? There was definitely scenes from the other straw hats in the manga / title pages.

They're expanded upon from what was present in the manga, so I guess technically that's filler. It's the welcome form of filler I'd say.

Mikey Jr.

Yes, I know they aren't filler.

I was asking when they were going to get back on track. Fuck it.

Massive spoilers, do not highlight!!!!

...............I'm asking how long till the time jump.

Boogiepop

Wow, I just read, just... a lot of this thread today. Finally caught up. I've actually been reading the English release of the manga through SJ (only seen the anime up to where the US DVDs end for now, actually one episode short of finishing G8 for some reason so damn them), but it seems to be at pretty much the exact same place as the anime anyway. IIRC, the manga over here should finally, finally hit THAT with the next issue, so I'm hyped. I've known it was coming, but not anything else about it, so I reeeeeeally have been dying to see it (the whole skipping a month because SJ is now 10 issues was a huge dagger in my side, as I've literally been counting down the chapters.)
Also, I've recently discovered the joy of the Figuarts Zero line of figures by picking up a Luffy and a Trafalgar Law, and now I just want... just all of them.
Anyway, just weighing in after reading, like, 60 pages of this thread in 1 day.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mikey Jr. said:
Yes, I know they aren't filler.

I was asking when they were going to get back on track. Fuck it.

Massive spoilers, do not highlight!!!!

...............I'm asking how long till the time jump.
The stuff in this week's episode happens in chapter 593 (this episode ended about halfway through that chapter). What you're talking about happens at the end of chapter 597.

So probably in the ballpark of 4-ish episodes.

MetatronM said:
The stuff in this week's episode happens in chapter 593 (this episode ended about halfway through that chapter). What you're talking about happens at the end of chapter 597.

So probably in the ballpark of 4-ish episodes.

Yah I would say about that....4 ish or 5 eps till the start the 2nd journey but they may take a month off, who knows.

This week eps was funny.
Sanji falling for Iva

Top Bottom