• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sonicbug said:
The voice actor changed awhile ago because the original VA was fired for putting nude pictures of himself on the internet.
It was because of a tattoo, specifically he was showing off the tat he got around his anus, IIRC on his blog which kids would read.

spiderman123 said:
Yah I would say about that....4 ish or 5 eps till the start the 2nd journey but they may take a month off, who knows.

This week eps was funny.
Sanji falling for Iva
There might be more. Who knows if they are going to bring in fillers.

Anth0ny

Plywood said:
It was because of a tattoo, specifically he was showing off the tat he got around his anus, IIRC on his blog which kids would read.

I just love how, of all the voice actors in the world, it's IVANKOV's voice actor that gets caught doing this shit. Classic.

Also, I loved this episode. animation was great, and Sanji spitting up blood killed me. so good.

Wiseblade

Enel has literally no business on earth and a rematch between him and Luffy would just be even more boring than the first time round. He doesn't have any ties to any currently prominent characters either(except for maybe Urouge). Chances of him returning are pretty much zero.

Anth0ny

Wiseblade said:
Enel has literally no business on earth and a rematch between him and Luffy would just be even more boring than the first time round. He doesn't have any ties to any currently prominent characters either(except for maybe Urouge). Chances of him returning are pretty much zero.

Who said he'd return to fight Luffy? I just want to see him again.

2th

Banned
Anth0ny said:
I'll say it again.

Lightning island= Enel's grand return

Oda would be a fool to even try doing that. Luffy with haki now would completely obliterate Enel like he already did before.

Nix

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
It took me until the almost ending of this episode
to realize what Luffy's arm said,
Okay, that's pretty understandable after all. It was kind of ambiguous.
I had read the manga for it and cant believe I didnt grasp it until now.
What.

It doesn't seem as though Nami has really levelled up, but I can't tell much from the little she's done. Just seems like it. Though, she's never really been a physical fighter, she's more on the technical side like Ussop.

LordAlu

Nix said:
What.

It doesn't seem as though Nami has really levelled up, but I can't tell much from the little she's done. Just seems like it. Though, she's never really been a physical fighter, she's more on the technical side like Ussop.
Well
her weapon has at least been upgraded as it's now called the Sorcery Clima-tact? Don't know what upgrades it entails but it'll be interesting to see what weather based attacks she can pull off now

Dartastic

I can't seem to access 512 now.... One Piece Official is gone, and it just redirects to Funimation. It also doesn't seem to be up on Funimation either... =/

Mikey Jr.

Wow, I cant even watch last weeks episode because of Hulu and I guess I missed this week's episode?

I want to support One Piece, but I don't need this shit. Fuck it, I'm out.

Mikey Jr.

Dedication Through Light said:
But 511 is on Hulu.

Right.

But I'm in Canada. If I don't watch them in like the first day, it goes to Hulu, and Hulu isn't supported in Canada.

And now I apparently missed 512 because I didn't watch it the nanosecond it aired.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Mikey Jr. said:
Right.

But I'm in Canada. If I don't watch them in like the first day, it goes to Hulu, and Hulu isn't supported in Canada.

And now I apparently missed 512 because I didn't watch it the nanosecond it aired.

It's your own fault for being so inconsiderate as to live in Canada, of all places. Come on man what are you thinking.

Mikey Jr.

Tathanen said:
It's your own fault for being so inconsiderate as to live in Canada, of all places. Come on man what are you thinking.

I know! I'm such an ass.

Seriously though, I plan on moving one day to the states.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Artie Fissio said:
this got my attention too.

I'm sure it's a combination of

A) Buggy being an idiot as usual, and
B) Using uncle moreso just like how you'll call someone nee-san when she's not ACTUALLY your sister

Maybe. Who friggin knows.

More importantly, how are any of the straw hats supposed to understand Luffy's tattoo, that photo in the newspaper made half of it impossible to read, based on the manga frame at least. That's a pretty BIG GAMBLE THERE LUFFY, assuming that a good enough photo of you would be taken to convey the meaning!

THIS SHOW ISN'T REALISTIC AT ALL

BobLoblaw

Banned
Tathanen said:
More importantly, how are any of the straw hats supposed to understand Luffy's tattoo, that photo in the newspaper made half of it impossible to read, based on the manga frame at least. That's a pretty BIG GAMBLE THERE LUFFY, assuming that a good enough photo of you would be taken to convey the meaning!

THIS SHOW ISN'T REALISTIC AT ALL

It's a cartoon/comic bruh. :) Anyway, his crew knows him and they know he wouldn't do anything like pose for a photo unless there was some special meaning behind it. With all of the stuff that he did during the war, his picture being taken was bound to happen. He just better be glad there weren't any admirals around or his plan would've gone to shit fast, even with Rayleigh there.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
BobLoblaw said:
Anyway, his crew knows him and they know he wouldn't do anything like pose for a photo unless there was some special meaning behind it.

Yes because Luffy isn't known for doing stupid things in public for no reason. Always a great thinker, that one.

(But yes I was just kidding dur.)

Anth0ny

Tathanen said:
B) Using uncle moreso just like how you'll call someone nee-san when she's not ACTUALLY your sister

It's this.

And I agree that every member of the crew understanding exactly what Luffy meant by the tattoo is a bit silly... but who cares. Can't wait for the next arc to start =)

zlatko

Banned
I for the life of me can't make out what the shit is on Luffy's arm. Can someone just tell me what it says/means?
I know it has to do with meeting up at Sabody, but I'm guessing it's also when.

They were originally going to meet up again in 3 days, but to get stronger for the New World they will meet up in 2 years. That's why it says 3D2Y to show the time has changed.

Tathanen said:

Problem is that he went through a drawn out break down to come to that conclusion.

upandaway

They'll reveal what the tattoo means in the anime. You don't have to make out what it spells out and you don't have to think about what it means.

Mikey Jr.

The hell? I could clearly see what it said.

I get not understanding the meaning, but I could clearly see the symbols atleast.

The symbols are

D
Y

With the 3 D being crossed out

Big One

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
The hell? I could clearly see what it said.

I get not understanding the meaning, but I could clearly see the symbols atleast.

The symbols are

D
Y

With the 3 D being crossed out
It's been a while since I've read this part of One Piece, but this is what I remember:
The symbol of 3D means 3 Days. The Strawhats were set to reunite in 3 days after Luffy saved Ace (oops!). Luffy crossed it out with 2 Y with stands for 2 years.

Big One said:
It's been a while since I've read this part of One Piece, but this is what I remember: The symbol of 3D means 3 Days.
The Strawhats were set to reunite in 3 days after Luffy saved Ace (oops!). Luffy crossed it out with 2 Y with stands for 2 years.

Guess I shouldn't have bothered spoiling that. :p

Top Bottom