• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - |OT| The truth about 8.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
How do I use the level pass code? My Knight hit level 15.

The level pass code is what you equip to nullify the level reqs on an item for the character who is equipped with it. You should be able to equip it in one of your inventory slots I think?

cj_iwakura

How do you get more Alpha Keys? I saw a message in front of a dungeon that warned me to get a Y Key, but I need another Beta to craft it, and more Alphas to craft that.

Ephidel

You can buy a limited number of Hack Alpha/Beta and Babyl Alpha/Beta keys from the Lab. If you've already bought all of those you'll just have to hope you get them as loot.

Parakeetman

Noooooo, all that EXP that I'm not getting. ; ;

Yeah that can happen, on a plus side it does help with raising new characters when others are capped out if you are really bored during that time lol

Back when I was playing did that to make part of my 2nd party / stand in characters for when I went specifically loot hunting.

How do you get more Alpha Keys? I saw a message in front of a dungeon that warned me to get a Y Key, but I need another Beta to craft it, and more Alphas to craft that.

Just go to the babylsphere and constantly destroy the enemies there esp the drills as they should carry it. Easy to do if you have a samurai in the pt. A lot of enemies should have the chance to drop it though.

autoduelist

Thanks!

Today's question: I have an accessory called a 'healer task', that gives HP+ as a passive and an item-use effect of curing everyone.

I've used it a few times, but while it still exists as an item of equipment on that character, now I can't select it in battle any more. Is it now used up, or can it be recharged?

Did anyone ever sort this out?

How do items with 'use effect' work? How many uses? Can they recharged? Trying to determine if it's worth crafting some of them, but i'm really only interested if they're reusable and/or rechargable.

autoduelist

Finally in semester 2 [hate level caps], glacial pace due to lack of time.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but once a priest reaches level 14 and gets mana decode, you can rest up, go to a dungeon to flip your mana with a class that has no mana, then rest your priest again, creating a mana bank... if you rest your 'bank' character it'll reset to zero.

I could technically have up to 3 banks and flip around to restore anyone's mana... though honestly, it's rare to actually need it since return gate is generally quick and easy and most levels have nice shortcuts. but still, if you're deep in a dungeon and don't feel like leaving, it's a little trick that could come in handy. it certainly frees you up to cast more if you're into it. I suppose it would also let you max out mana just before a boss fight if it felt necessary. [so far I haven't had the need]

Did anyone ever sort this out?

How do items with 'use effect' work? How many uses? Can they recharged? Trying to determine if it's worth crafting some of them, but i'm really only interested if they're reusable and/or rechargable.

I haven't answered this, but the student guide suggests '1 use' then item is destroyed. I'd test it, but even if it's something like 5 uses I can't abide by that so am not even bothering, using a weapon for a one use effect just rubs me the wrong way.

omlet

Okay, I know this isn't a Demon Gaze thread but I'm asking here since I figure plenty of people playing OA have played DG...

In January I got to the last boss of DG and got whomped, put the game down for a break, played other games, and then last week I was gonna give it another try to finish the game off before going back to OA.

Problem is even after some major equipment upgrades and grinding 4 more levels for my party, I can barely even dent the final boss (Sol). I'm not sure what to do... it's really frustrating. My team is around level 43, Paladin, Gazer, Samurai, Archer, Cleric. My Gazer has the special gazer sword at +30 and his offhand is a +30 axe. My archer has a +30 bow with like 450 attack. My Samurai has a +27 2h katana (it's a plain A rank, not a unique). I have Mars and Chronos around level 26 and the other demons in the high teens. My team's durability is good, I just can't seem to get any damage to stick on the boss.

Basically, I get into the battle and phase 1 is really easy, but then phase 2 starts and my buffs are constantly being removed, most of my attacks miss Sol, my Archer can't use Concentrate EX because of so much AoE damage so she can't use Mars Bane and has to use Snipe. Gazer will Concentrate then wiff most of his attacks with Jupiter Bane... (actually in one attempt he wiffed 30 hits in a row on Sol)... I have some items to block kidnapping but I have to leave a demon out to block the Gaze skill, but that only works for a couple turns because Mars usually dies within 1 or 2 turns of summoning her and Chronos only makes it for 2 or 3 turns. Gazer then gets enraged and it's downhill from there. All the dark demons spawn faster than I can kill them and any time I dent Sol he just heals for 3k+ and I can't keep up.

Really have no idea what to do. I can't upgrade my weapons any more... I could keep grinding I guess but I've already grinded a lot so I feel like my team should have enough levels for this, but I dunno... any help would be appreciated.

Parakeetman

Okay, I know this isn't a Demon Gaze thread but I'm asking here since I figure plenty of people playing OA have played DG...

In January I got to the last boss of DG and got whomped, put the game down for a break, played other games, and then last week I was gonna give it another try to finish the game off before going back to OA.

Problem is even after some major equipment upgrades and grinding 4 more levels for my party, I can barely even dent the final boss (Sol). I'm not sure what to do... it's really frustrating. My team is around level 43, Paladin, Gazer, Samurai, Archer, Cleric. My Gazer has the special gazer sword at +30 and his offhand is a +30 axe. My archer has a +30 bow with like 450 attack. My Samurai has a +27 2h katana (it's a plain A rank, not a unique). I have Mars and Chronos around level 26 and the other demons in the high teens. My team's durability is good, I just can't seem to get any damage to stick on the boss.

Basically, I get into the battle and phase 1 is really easy, but then phase 2 starts and my buffs are constantly being removed, most of my attacks miss Sol, my Archer can't use Concentrate EX because of so much AoE damage so she can't use Mars Bane and has to use Snipe. Gazer will Concentrate then wiff most of his attacks with Jupiter Bane... (actually in one attempt he wiffed 30 hits in a row on Sol)... I have some items to block kidnapping but I have to leave a demon out to block the Gaze skill, but that only works for a couple turns because Mars usually dies within 1 or 2 turns of summoning her and Chronos only makes it for 2 or 3 turns. Gazer then gets enraged and it's downhill from there. All the dark demons spawn faster than I can kill them and any time I dent Sol he just heals for 3k+ and I can't keep up.

Really have no idea what to do. I can't upgrade my weapons any more... I could keep grinding I guess but I've already grinded a lot so I feel like my team should have enough levels for this, but I dunno... any help would be appreciated.

I think we had someone who got stuck in the same section in the DG thread. Let me see if I can find those posts.

---------

Is status-effect inflicting based on Luck? PicoPico Hammer sounds looks nice on the paper, but my samurai isn't making the effects proc that often.

Yeah as prelude mentioned it Luck effects both the success rate and resistance rate of status effects. So with that being said it also effects the 1HK rate for weapons with the ability. Such as certain Samurai Katanas for one example.

Also the proc rate of skills like Devotion / Killer Edge

and as mentioned up above the damage of the final Wiz spell Omega Impact

Yay, I beat it. I realized what I was doing wrong.
I used God Mirror for Light Veil so I was able to pick Neptune istead of Uranus and then I found out that I could use Demon Vase to prevent the magic buffs to get removed. And that's basically it, that was my main issue the first times I tried. With Light Veil on and Neptune's hp regen I was able to dedicate a few turns to eva/hit buffs and items without getting wrecked.
Ignoring the buff/debuff system until the end of the game is a pretty bad habit I have.

I have no idea what's PicoPico Hammer but, yes, it's based on Luck.

Its the hammer that can KO / Paralyze enemies as an effect. Though it has real low damage 2 x 10.

LUC+?, Paralyze, KO, Anti-Undead, Anti-Spirit, Spell Def+, Special Def+, HP+

1 Hand / Accuracy 5 / Unable to be used by Migmy.

-----

Oh my god,
Dark Aries is so fucking cheap. Every time I try she gets increasingly cheaper with her spamming her "suicide" attack every turn oneshotting demons or characters.
What's a good strategy? Which demons should I have?

The general strategies in the JP wiki are saying

You will need both physical and magical defense, there is a low chance that she will use Moonlight Arrow but that is counted as magic so anti magic defense can cancel the effect such as the item God Hand? Demons that assist with protection and speed will help you be able to set things up with resistance / defenses. Looked around and lots of folks seem to use Hermes and Venus. They say that Magic Break will help lessen the magical damage taken but its still a huge amount. Others use Uranus and Pluto.

Also there are 2 ways of fighting 1 is being highly defensive and consists of keeping defenses / resistance up all while destroying all of the seeds first. Or the second method which is more suicidal and just going pure offensive on Dark Aries only and ignoring the seeds.

Know that isnt really helpful without any sort of visual reference but was the information that could find at the moment.

Something from Gfaqs in regards to the fight.

Defensively, you should have your paladin in the front row. They should either be defending for front guard or you should be using light/dark veil or a gods mirror. You should have whistle up. You should have fake dolls or kidnapping protection.

Then just keep everything up and take them down. Use mars/hermes and either uranus or Aries. Wind Act if you somehow start dying before you get everything setup.

---------

I beat
Quasar
, thanks for the help guys!

It was really tough but it wasn't completely random like Dark Aries, he still managed to kill Chronos but Mars lived enough to finish him off. I found out that Fast Cast+Dark Flare was extremely helpful against the seeds since it did a bit less than 1k per seed so I was able to stop them from multiplying. At one point Quasar healed 10k hp, jesus this game, lol.
The hardest thing of that dungeon was that I had absolutely no issue at all beating every other dark demon leading to Dark Aries and then I got stuck there since I couldn't go back to prepare/farm artifacts and stuff since they'd have respawned. That's probably the biggest difference of these last battles, you can't check and prepare accordingly or you're forced to do everything again and waste your (expensive/rare) items.

------

did you level Aries ?

also about whistle buff, I dont think it's much an issue if you have the artifact that gives long range (gazer learn it too)

Cross fix can be good, need to spec luc with your assassin for it to work

what are the demons you're using?

nice congratz. Yeah he does lots of dmg, what I did was to put Chronos in rage mode, which increase her maximum health quite a bit. but rage mode consume a couple points, but with Aries last skill you can refill your gauge and do some other strong things. the boss just before Dark Aries drop an item that does the same thing as the last skill of Aries.

cj_iwakura

Backtracking to get through the Highrise to the Abyss to the HQ is getting really annoying.

Tell me someone learns that broken teleport spell from Wizardry LoLS(so good).

parakeet: I think that was me, or one of many. It really is a nightmarish final boss, I'm stunned you didn't agree.

The best advice I got was to put everyone you want in the front row in the back.Swap is no longer a threat, because it makes it how you want it.

omlet

I think we had someone who got stuck in the same section in the DG thread. Let me see if I can find those posts.
I appreciate it.

The best advice I got was to put everyone you want in the front row in the back.Swap is no longer a threat, because it makes it how you want it.
It really is bullshit because the entire game until then is super easy. I had to turn up the difficulty to keep from getting (more) bored. Then bam, suddenly a boss fight with insane parameters, heals, rapidly spawning adds, buff erasing, party shuffling...I've tried it several times with different demons and approaches and nothing works. Nothing in the game prepares you for this. It's not like I got close to winning and could identify what went wrong and adjust my strategy... I am losing the battle before making any headway at all. What does it expect from you? I farmed up some good artifacts and enhanced my relevant gear as much as I can and it's still nowhere near enough.

Parakeetman

I appreciate it.

It really is bullshit because the entire game until then is super easy. I had to turn up the difficulty to keep from getting (more) bored. Then bam, suddenly a boss fight with insane parameters, heals, rapidly spawning adds, buff erasing, party shuffling...I've tried it several times with different demons and approaches and nothing works. Nothing in the game prepares you for this. It's not like I got close to winning and could identify what went wrong and adjust my strategy... I am losing the battle before making any headway at all. What does it expect from you? I farmed up some good artifacts and enhanced my relevant gear as much as I can and it's still nowhere near enough.

Yeah this one you basically gotta out damage the healing it does. Then the other part of the random AI patterns. One common thing for those that killed the boss is its basically their demons in the berserk state dealing a stupid amount of damage which kills the boss, that is if they dont get one shotted by something on occasion. That and speed for the player is the other common thing to help make sure you are able to perform all of your actions first.

cj_iwakura

I appreciate it.

Use Chronos, not Mars. It's a war of attrition, and you want to stay in the game. I used my Paladin in the front row and had everyone else attack from the back. It helped that my Samurai had the Mars relic and could attack multiple times.

Bring in Mars once the summons are on their last legs and lay waste. Also, it's a big crap shoot. When I killed it, I got lucky and the summons were weaker ones. (Re: ones that didn't mess with my buffs/debuffs)

To think that game has an even harder optional boss. Little wonder I said I was DONE after that BS final boss.

Parakeetman

I appreciate it.

Oh yeah try watching this also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mesEBAIaDkg

Dorarnae

what is your party? You should always look at your buff and make sure the buff that keeps every other buff up is there, so you won't lose the other one.
you can cast divine armor with a healer, and divine weapon if you use a wizard.
slow with wizard if you're having trouble hitting the boss or boost your hit rate with the healer buff (they stack).
cross fix if you're using assassin (need high luck with that ability to work well).
for demons, I guess mars,chrono and neptune would do good. can get chrono out and have the regen hp buff up and cast the wall that reduce physical dmg if melee dmg is a problem. if her(the demon) hp runs low, can always do demon rage (I think it fully heal the demon...).

omlet

what is your party? You should always look at your buff and make sure the buff that keeps every other buff up is there, so you won't lose the other one.
you can cast divine armor with a healer, and divine weapon if you use a wizard.
slow with wizard if you're having trouble hitting the boss or boost your hit rate with the healer buff (they stack).
cross fix if you're using assassin (need high luck with that ability to work well).
for demons, I guess mars,chrono and neptune would do good. can get chrono out and have the regen hp buff up and cast the wall that reduce physical dmg if melee dmg is a problem. if her(the demon) hp runs low, can always do demon rage (I think it fully heal the demon...).
Paladin / Gazer / Samurai | Archer / Healer

My party doesn't feel too squishy, I just can't land enough hits to get past the boss healing and respawning adds. My permabuffs get erased and when I reapply them they just get erased again (and I'm not even sure what keeps doing it). I figured out I don't really need to worry about trying to Whistle much because my melee can hit from either row thanks to artifacts, but that still messes up my party order which makes it harder for my paladin to tank (at least I think).

I will try again maybe tonight and see how it goes.

Parakeetman

My party doesn't feel too squishy, I just can't land enough hits to get past the boss healing and respawning adds. My permabuffs get erased and when I reapply them they just get erased again (and I'm not even sure what keeps doing it). I figured out I don't really need to worry about trying to Whistle much because my melee can hit from either row thanks to artifacts, but that still messes up my party order which makes it harder for my paladin to tank (at least I think).

Btw you have any poinee? dolls / demon dolls? since you should carry those around with you too for the fight. As poinee will prevent death for a single character in the PT and demon doll should stop the soul gaze I think

autoduelist

Backtracking to get through the Highrise to the Abyss to the HQ is getting really annoying.

Tell me someone learns that broken teleport spell from Wizardry LoLS(so good).

Academic gets 'return gate' pretty early. You should be able to buy/issue them in item form too? You'll eventually be able to teleport around later, 'call portal' iirc.

suikodan

Finally in semester 2 [hate level caps], glacial pace due to lack of time.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but once a priest reaches level 14 and gets mana decode, you can rest up, go to a dungeon to flip your mana with a class that has no mana, then rest your priest again, creating a mana bank... if you rest your 'bank' character it'll reset to zero.

I could technically have up to 3 banks and flip around to restore anyone's mana... though honestly, it's rare to actually need it since return gate is generally quick and easy and most levels have nice shortcuts. but still, if you're deep in a dungeon and don't feel like leaving, it's a little trick that could come in handy. it certainly frees you up to cast more if you're into it. I suppose it would also let you max out mana just before a boss fight if it felt necessary. [so far I haven't had the need]

Wow, I like that. I'll try it out once I start the second semester (taking a break from the game atm)

Dorarnae

the healer has a buff that protect all your buff. Just make sure it's always up.

cj_iwakura

Academic gets 'return gate' pretty early. You should be able to buy/issue them in item form too? You'll eventually be able to teleport around later, 'call portal' iirc.

Yeah, I have return gate. But LoLS had the most broken spell ever: it let you teleport to any panel you've been to, unless it was locked off by magic. The sequel had a LOT of those areas, deliberately to screw over people like me, heh.

the healer has a buff that protect all your buff. Just make sure it's always up.

Yep, fighting DG's final boss is a straight-up SMT war of buffs/debuffs. Keep that up all the time, no matter what.

I found some good strategies at the PA thread, I'll dig them up if you keep getting wrecked. (And don't feel bad. It took me HOURS.)

Parakeetman

Also hopefully your luck will be better since you are what can be considered over leveled for that fight too which is odd.

Shizuka

Just found a trophy guide, if anyone was looking for one. I've been meaning to get back to the game and tackle the post-game, but I've been busy with other games lately. Maybe I'll get to it next week and finish it already.

Parakeetman

Just found a trophy guide, if anyone was looking for one. I've been meaning to get back to the game and tackle the post-game, but I've been busy with other games lately. Maybe I'll get to it next week and finish it already.

It shouldnt take you too long as Abyss the post game is not that difficult or time consuming in general.

autoduelist

Some mid game questions and thoughts...

1) Is there any way to view enemy 'stats' (specifically, discovered weaknesses, etc)? I have a terrible time remembering what is what, and it doesn't always seem color coded (ie, blueish = water, therefore hit them with earth.... Or is blueish wind... Etc).

2) I have a HUGE inventory of junk at this point. Can I safely rid myself of everything, or is there some sort of trophy requiring owning/upgrading everything/ etc?

3)
And if I can get rid of everything, is it better to sell or strip everything i don't need (with going for the plat in mind)? I'm guessing strip, since money doesn't seem to be an issue?

4) Anyone know the deal with the always friendly variants ... usually have names like daughter and x-daughter. I know attacking shifts alignment... but is there any reason to attack them (rare drops, etc)

5) Speaking of which, are their any 'gold slime' type monsters here for exp grinding?

EDIT -

Almost forgot ...

6)
The squadbook says, about defense:

Damage is reduced as the value of Defense x item armor level.

This suggests that, for example, a level 3 piece of equipment that has 5 defense would actually have 15 defense, while a level 5 piece of armor with only 3 defense would also have 15 defense.

Basically, this would suggest that a high level item is intrinsically better than a low level item, basically justifying switching out a level 1 armor with +15 (listed at, say, 19 defense) for far better armor that only has, say, +3 (and only shows, say, 13 defense).

But... when I look at my defense rating, it seems like a straight sum of defense. So even though the squad book seems to suggest item level is taken into account, I'm just not seeing it. this is meaning i'm generally sticking with low level stuff i find with huge +13s or whatever instead of switching over to high level stuff that has +0. I want the squad book to be right, though.

Anyone figure this out?

LATE EDIT == i found a page which asks this same question and the general consensus is the squad handbook is wrong and they really mean
Damage is reduced as the value of Defense plus +X. (that is, if armor has a defense of 5 and is +3, it's 8.

thoughts --

-it's so damn rare I find anything usuable. I kind of like it, because it's a huge deal when I do. but... rare. i'm farming babyl right now at level 24 with hachi's workout in Semester 2 and still getting low level junk.

-I've had hachi's on for as long as I can remember, definitely a nice challenge boost (though it made me have to restart after a certain mission
the one that leads right into the subway
as that mission is absolutely impossible with hachi. with it on, I feel like that game is really solid, forcing me to use skills/spells/etc to their utmost. without it the game is generally too easy though.

-Some of the attacks are... funny. like in the
cemetery, the statue of liberty monster (maria, i think) attacks you with the 'declaration of independence', and the one of the zombies (anglo, iirc) hits you with a 'national shooting'.
i don't know if that's supposed to be some sort of social commentary or if it's just bizarro.

CrovaxPSO

bump for answers to the questions two posts above?

1. I think there's an enemy list in the encyclopedia but I honestly never checked it.

2. Edit: There are trophies for upgrading items 30 times, crafting 30 items, and deconstructing 30 items, and two trophies for crafting the two sets of Lethal Code items, which I think you just buy from the shop after certain points in the story. There are no other crafting-related trophies. Unless you count the gambling trophy, which requires using gamble codes 30 times.

3. If you only care about trophies then it's probably better to just sell everything for the 300k GP trophy.

4. I don't think alignment actually changes in this game when you decide to fight or not to fight in those cases. I'm fairly certain that it's just a way to get out of a battle, but maybe Dorarnae can say for sure.

5. There are golden rabbits but I only ever saw two in my playthrough so I don't think you could realistically seek them out to grind them. They did give bonus exp or GP but it wasn't some crazy amount.

6. Pretty sure defense is just the item's base defense plus whatever it's been upgraded to. That should be pretty easy to check just by unequipping something and seeing how much it decreases your defense by. I think the in-game handbook was incorrect about something else so I wouldn't put too much stock into what it says.

Shengar

That's why most folks I know tend to like either the Etrian Odyssey series or the Experience games, hard to find a middle ground for people that loves both equally.

I love both equally.
Though I wish Operation Abyss have better user interface @__@

autoduelist

1. I think there's an enemy list in the encyclopedia but I honestly never checked it.

2. Edit: There are trophies for upgrading items 30 times, crafting 30 items, and deconstructing 30 items, and two trophies for crafting the two sets of Lethal Code items, which I think you just buy from the shop after certain points in the story. There are no other crafting-related trophies. Unless you count the gambling trophy, which requires using gamble codes 30 times.

3. If you only care about trophies then it's probably better to just sell everything for the 300k GP trophy.

4. I don't think alignment actually changes in this game when you decide to fight or not to fight in those cases. I'm fairly certain that it's just a way to get out of a battle, but maybe Dorarnae can say for sure.

5. There are golden rabbits but I only ever saw two in my playthrough so I don't think you could realistically seek them out to grind them. They did give bonus exp or GP but it wasn't some crazy amount.

6. Pretty sure defense is just the item's base defense plus whatever it's been upgraded to. That should be pretty easy to check just by unequipping something and seeing how much it decreases your defense by. I think the in-game handbook was incorrect about something else so I wouldn't put too much stock into what it says.

thanks for the answers!

1) oh. encyclopedia? i somehow missed that, will check it out.

EDIT -- ok, buried deep.
if you go to CPA Headquarters / Information Terminal / Activity Log / Variant you get a list of every variant you met. It tells you their element, though it's buried at HQ so not that useful.

Worse, going through it, it does not seem like the color of the enemy has much relation to element. Fire is often obvious, the rest... not so much. Wind, for example, is often yellow... but not always, and just because an enemy is yellow doesn't mean it's a wind enemy. So.

2/3) Oh. Ok, that's not bad. 300k seems pretty easy (i almost never buy stuff, think i'm at like 285k, actually.). So maybe i'll just strip for parts so i can finally upgrade weapons. None of those seem unreasonable... no 'max every weapon' type trophies for the win.

EDIT -- sold a few things and got the 300k trophy, so now I'll just reload and break everything else down.

LATER EDIT:

it seems like most/all items are better sold for money to buy materials -- that is, it's far better to sell then buy materials than break down. that's because stripping gets you a junk version of the item, plus a few materials. junk is worth 1/10th of 'real', and the materials are relatively cheap in comparison. however... since you seem to get tons of cash, and could conceivably buy the store out, at some point stripping is better. meh. not worth worrying too much imo.

Also, there are a few items that should not be destroyed for trophy... kudo muramasa, rocket stuff, athena stuff, mars stuff iirc. you can buy most of this stuff in store at various points. i got the first trophy easy by buying a few things, the second trophy (-R versions) isn't quite available to me yet.

4/5) ok. just found it odd that certain variants always with 'daughter' in the name are always friendly. wanted to make sure i shouldn't be killing them for some rare drop.

6) yea, i had already checked and saw the stat screen wasn't following the handbook, which is why i was so confused. but it definitely appears to be a handbook error.

Ephidel

Alignment can change based on your responses to those encounters, but you have to undergo therapy in the Med Lab to trigger it. I don't know how many encounters it would take to flip it though.

autoduelist

Just hit post-game.

About how long to grind out 3k kills does it take? I'm guessing I'm at 1250.

I tried grinding out some in the abyss, running if I hit the big guy to cool down my encounter rate... I was hoping for drops, but after an hour had nothing good to show for it. So maybe it's better to speed through low level drills or something.

Parakeetman

Just hit post-game.

I tried grinding out some in the abyss, running if I hit the big guy to cool down my encounter rate... I was hoping for drops, but after an hour had nothing good to show for it. So maybe it's better to speed through low level drills or something.

You basically just answered your own question.

There is no way to judge time due to how everyone progresses differently.

Saphirax

Just hit post-game.

That's pretty much what I did. Went back to the first dungeon, used the Academic's spell to up the encounter rate and just went back and forth through a door.

Does the original team good enough for the rest of the game?

Yep. It's what I used and it worked fine.

autoduelist

You basically just answered your own question.

There is no way to judge time due to how everyone progresses differently.

What? Clearly someone can say 'I think the last thousand battles took me [X] hours or so.' And if they want to explain where they did it, all the better. I'm not looking for an exact answer, more like.... is it 5 hours or 20 hours?

I know I'd certainly report the fastest way I found and how long it took if I'd already done it.

Currently using the double doors in C6. I'm not keeping particularly good count but I think i'm doing 125/h or so. I could probably be doing it faster in a lower level dungeon though.

omlet

Also hopefully your luck will be better since you are what can be considered over leveled for that fight too which is odd.

I tried again last night. I realized I still had the difficulty cranked up so first thing I did was turn it back down. I'm not sure it made that much difference.

After 30 minutes of fighting Sol, it was still full HP, and the Dark Astro that was summoned was also healing through almost all the damage I could throw at him (over 10 rounds he was still at 80% HP). My party was also still full HP, so it's not like I was dying, but I couldn't make any headway against the heal spam.

Life is too short for this bullshit. Someone please tell me OA's last boss isn't as stupid as DG's... if it is I'm just sell both games now and clear my plate for EOU2 lol.

Parakeetman

I tried again last night. I realized I still had the difficulty cranked up so first thing I did was turn it back down. I'm not sure it made that much difference.

After 30 minutes of fighting Sol, it was still full HP, and the Dark Astro that was summoned was also healing through almost all the damage I could throw at him (over 10 rounds he was still at 80% HP). My party was also still full HP, so it's not like I was dying, but I couldn't make any headway against the heal spam.

Life is too short for this bullshit. Someone please tell me OA's last boss isn't as stupid as DG's... if it is I'm just sell both games now and clear my plate for EOU2 lol.

lol nah the bosses in OA are quite easy. So you shouldnt have any problems. The DG stuff with those bosses can be luck based too. That healing thing outside of the other attack special attack i forgot what it was called is what seems to be the biggest barrier for folks. Thats bad too considering I know you are good at DRPG with your EO experience esp playing on the harder difficulty and such.

Out of OA / OB / CB - CB would have to have the harder bosses in the series post game.

With what I saw from JP players it was their demons going apeshit and dealing out a lot of damage is what some folks said. Others just did those steps had mentioned before.

As am sure you may have saw earlier in the thread too, someone else was stuck in the same section also, but managed to get through it after trying a bit more. So at least you know you are not alone here. :D

cj_iwakura

How far is the start of the X-Wizar arc from the end? Also, I'm not sure I can go back to Gen Xth after this... wow, that downgrade.

The dungeons are pretty nasty, though. Maybe one day. Funny how the music and SFX are exactly the same.

autoduelist

I did some testing for those wondering how long it takes to grind out the 3000k trophy.

To keep it short, I timed 10 battles using neochain in the sewers. I went back and forth in the long tunnel with several doors, I found this a bit easier/faster than trying to turn around and redoing the same door.

Time per 10 depends a bit on how many chests you get, and also getting chained into multiple fights in one battle. so running from battle at regular intervals to reduce your encounter rate is important, which is it's own time sink, but it's better than getting 5 enemy reups in a single battle.

Anyway, it's about a minute and thirty seconds per 10 battles, give or take. (Assuming a samurai is one shotting the whole enemy group, which should be the case postgame)

So 1000 battles would take 150 minutes or so. I think most players will need at least 1500 battles for the trophy... so that's 225 minutes. Add some time in for cool downs... and I'm guessing it will be at least a 4 hour mindless grind for 3000 battles. Maybe even 5.

Brutal and stupid grind trophies suck.

dkoy

I shelved this for a bit in favour of Project Diva f 2nd and I finally managed to get those 3 story related trophies that I forgot to sync with the server before resetting the vita. Anyway I finally reached the fight with
both X and Z Wizar
and got wrecked pretty quickly. Probably just need to upgrade my equipment or maybe I was just unlucky.

Top Bottom