• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - |OT| The truth about 8.

redcrayon

No problem and hope that helps out!

Yeah in the occasion when an item is not effective against a particular type, paranormal especially you most def want to stick a plug in to remedy that. For example like the Samurai's Katanas that you will find will be ineffective against paranormal, so you most def want to get the plugins installed with that. Since they are fairly cheap or you should have some in your inventory gathered from fights its pretty easy to fix that weakness with the weapon.

Although that only works on common items. Rare items are unable to be modified by the player with plugins.

Btw that U-Lock even the JP one does not really explain it, but what I think it might mean is that it will just set your rating vs the other alignment types to zero? U-Boost must be the +5 for the alignment rating status. Am not 100% sure though as even the JP wiki is not that clear on it. I never bothered using those either since had other items equipped instead lol.

Ok that U-Lock = Keeps that %age rating locked at 100%.

U-Boost = Allows for a bonus to your equipment from your alignment rating %age? Or something odd like that. So if you have a decent %age rating its beneficial to your character to use the item? Still trying to figure this out from a JP post. Not sure if its in the digital manual would have to look.
That's all great stuff, cheers! I've been able to figure out most of the rest, I read the manual and a lot of it went over my head first time through, it's only after a couple of hours play that some of it makes sense.

Those passive bonus descriptions seem a bit odd, they are shortened to the point of uselessness when there is plenty of room to explain what they do. I do prefer games like this when they let you ask for more info on any item/skill/spell with one click, but perhaps we're lucky to get the game in English at all.

Two last questions if it's not too much trouble-
is there a simple way of comparing what you have equipped with other items in the shop/your items?
And what do the alignment/teamwork numbers mean? My party are a mix of good and neutral, is that worse than all good?

Saphirax

Who was the sadistic person that came up with the 3000 battles trophy... I just got 1000 earlier today. I don't think I'll have it in me to farm that trophy.

JPS Kai

I've been running around in circles around the graveyard for some time now. Decent experience and code drops, but I'd love to actually progress.

I already fought the goblin princess and know where the switches and the supposed order. I tripped the south one when I first entered the graveyard but now they don't do anything when I walk over them or inspect them. Am I missing something?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I've been running around in circles around the graveyard for some time now. Decent experience and code drops, but I'd love to actually progress.

I already fought the goblin princess and know where the switches and the supposed order. I tripped the south one when I first entered the graveyard but now they don't do anything when I walk over them or inspect them. Am I missing something?

Ok yeah the order was

South X04Y11 North X04Y03 West X09Y15 (Princess Fight)West X06Y09

Then head to

WestX06Y09
I think.

After that
In the basement WestX09Y09

Parakeetman

That's all great stuff, cheers! I've been able to figure out most of the rest, I read the manual and a lot of it went over my head first time through, it's only after a couple of hours play that some of it makes sense.

Those passive bonus descriptions seem a bit odd, they are shortened to the point of uselessness when there is plenty of room to explain what they do. I do prefer games like this when they let you ask for more info on any item/skill/spell with one click, but perhaps we're lucky to get the game in English at all.

Two last questions if it's not too much trouble-
is there a simple way of comparing what you have equipped with other items in the shop/your items?
And what do the alignment/teamwork numbers mean? My party are a mix of good and neutral, is that worse than all good?

Unfortunately there is no way to compare equipment and such I think.

The whole shortening and whatnots thats more due to them having left the code pretty much the same as the original version of the game. Even in Japanese its the same.

The alignment teamwork stuff like for the knight for example I think the higher the value the better effectiveness of their skill and such. But other things am not too sure of. Manual isnt more clear on that either.

I just ignored it for the most part.

Mononoke

Banned
It's up on PSN now, for those going digital.

Getting started on the game now. I haven't been so excited to start something in a while.

Parakeetman

See,
I already did the fight but every time I look at the door, it just mentions a placard. I thought I had checked the other door to the east but I'll double check that.

Thanks.

Sorry there isnt more info than that, its basically all the wiki has on it.

Also mentions that entering through the main gate entrance of the graveyard. But think most folks do that anyways?

Who was the sadistic person that came up with the 3000 battles trophy... I just got 1000 earlier today. I don't think I'll have it in me to farm that trophy.

You might be surprised by the time you get close to finishing the game you might be close to clearing that. lol if not the end game contents should push you towards that direction.

At some point, a UPS driver will arrive to deliver the game and I'll be able to finally play this.

Been looking forward to this for awhile.

Saphirax

Sorry there isnt more info than that, its basically all the wiki has on it.

Also mentions that entering through the main gate entrance of the graveyard. But think most folks do that anyways?

You might be surprised by the time you get close to finishing the game you might be close to clearing that. lol if not the end game contents should push you towards that direction.

I sure hope so :D, that and there's also a max level trophy too I believe? Hopefully they don't take too long.

Parakeetman

I sure hope so :D, that and there's also a max level trophy too I believe? Hopefully they don't take too long.

Am sure either Crovax or Dorarnae will comment on that one. Since they both have the plats for the game.

----

Added the review from Destructoid into the OT. The review section is in the 2nd informational post at the bottom.

pariah164

All right, party time.

2ZEePVx.jpg
Looking forward to this.

CrovaxPSO

No max level trophy. The 3000 battles is by far the one that takes the longest. It's pretty simple to grind out, using the Academic's Enchain spell (not sure if that's how it's translated for the English release) often gives a nearly 100% encounter rate when going through doors. So just go to a low level dungeon and go back and forth through doors. When I did it I only brought my Academic for Enchain and my Samurai for multi-row hits. Cuts down on time spent inputting commands which definitely adds up going for that many battles.

Ephidel

Is this typo a one-off or is the quality control going to be a little dodgy throughout? I'd prefer to know now so I can try and switch off the part of my brain that notices that kind of thing if it will be necessary. Forewarned is forearmed.

Seda

Look's like there's a trophy for getting all the skills for a blood code, and I guess it doesn't include the level 99 bonus thing.

Saphirax

No max level trophy. The 3000 battles is by far the one that takes the longest. It's pretty simple to grind out, using the Academic's Enchain spell (not sure if that's how it's translated for the English release) often gives a nearly 100% encounter rate when going through doors. So just go to a low level dungeon and go back and forth through doors. When I did it I only brought my Academic for Enchain and my Samurai for multi-row hits. Cuts down on time spent inputting commands which definitely adds up going for that many battles.

Ah, I thought the 'master the blood code' trophy meant I had to get ALL of them, but 'Master Code' skill does not count into it? That's awesome.

One more trophy related question, if you don't mind :p. The trophies for collecting every lethal code and every upgraded lethal code. That's store only, right? (From what I've read).

CrovaxPSO

Ah, I thought the 'master the blood code' trophy meant I had to get ALL of them, but 'Master Code' skill does not count into it? That's awesome.

One more trophy related question, if you don't mind :p. The trophies for collecting every lethal code and every upgraded lethal code. That's store only, right? (From what I've read).

Yeah, pretty sure you can buy all those to craft that stuff.

And yeah, the lv99 thing doesn't count for that trophy. That would truly be sadistic.

Is this typo a one-off or is the quality control going to be a little dodgy throughout? I'd prefer to know now so I can try and switch off the part of my brain that notices that kind of thing if it will be necessary. Forewarned is forearmed.

NISA should have hired a Privtae Inverstigatro

Mononoke

Banned
Oh god, I love this so far. I'm so happy. :D

I'll be sure to post more, once I get a handle on things. Will probably need some advice at some point. But it's kind of unreal finally playing this.

pariah164

I've spent the past 30 minutes crafting my own formation, despite having a pre-made one ready for me. Something is wrong with me.

Parakeetman

Not sure but it was mentioned also that there are 2? untranslated sections in the game also.

Makes you wonder what the QA was doing since its not like this game has branching paths or anything design wise which would make text easy to miss.

I've spent the past 30 minutes crafting my own formation, despite having a pre-made one ready for me. Something is wrong with me.

Thats pretty much what everyone does lol.

I always delete the "default" PT the game gives you in these sort of titles.

redcrayon

First dungeon is down! :D

I thought it was taking ages and got stuck due to
thinking that my obsessive checking of floor 27 on my first visit meant that I could ignore the orders to check it's rooms on my second. It meant I explored the whole dungeon including the little two-square area behind a door on floor 25, without any plot encounters to point me in the right direction, until I stumbled across the plot and had a bit of a 'oh FFS' moment when encountering the mission brief again after heading out to level up.
I'll pay more attention to mission briefings in future!

There was also a
yellow locked door in the south-east of the exit on floor 25 that needed a key
, I'm presuming that's something to come back for later.

Have also managed to break down an item, craft a shield for my knight, and attach a plug-in to a weapon. It's all starting to make sense.

Parakeetman

First dungeon is down! :D

I thought it was taking ages and got stuck due to
thinking that my obsessive checking of floor 27 on my first visit meant that I could ignore the orders to check it's rooms on my second. It meant I explored the whole dungeon including the little two-square area behind a door on floor 25, without any plot encounters to point me in the right direction.
I'll pay more attention to mission briefings in future!

There was also a
yellow locked door in the south-east of the exit on floor 25 that needed a key
, I'm presuming that's something to come back for later.

Have also managed to break down an item, craft a shield for my knight, and attach a plug-in to a weapon. It's all starting to make sense.

Glad to hear you are doing well in the game. Yeah also if you get stuck try to use the feature to call HQ and see what they want you to do with the mission objective. Though those are not clear all the time either lol.

Also yeah that section you are talking about in the 2nd spoilers is for later.

While the crafting system is odd at first once you get used to it becomes pretty easy to use.

redcrayon

Glad to hear you are doing well in the game. Yeah also if you get stuck try to use the feature to call HQ and see what they want you to do with the mission objective. Though those are not clear all the time either lol.

Also yeah that section you are talking about in the 2nd spoilers is for later.

While the crafting system is odd at first once you get used to it becomes pretty easy to use.
Cool. Thanks for answering my questions, it's been a big help!

Funny that this guy hates it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone due to it being 'needlessly complex'. Quite a long review before coming to it's conclusion.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2015/06/08/review-operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy-sony-playstation-vita/

I do find that turn-based dungeon crawlers tend to review relatively badly, as the complexities of various systems that allow you to tweak the party to your liking and inch forward, exploring every nook and cranny and sidequest, don't go down well with reviewers looking to bomb through as quick as possible.

Parakeetman

Funny that this guy hates it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone due to it being 'needlessly complex'. Quite a long review before coming to it's conclusion.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2015/06/08/review-operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy-sony-playstation-vita/

I do find that turn-based dungeon crawlers tend to review relatively badly, as the complexities of various systems that allow you to tweak the party to your liking and inch forward, exploring every nook and cranny and sidequest, don't go down well with reviewers looking to bomb through as quick as possible.

With titles like these they do tend to get negative reviews by those who just do not want to spend the time to figure out the mechanics. Its not surprising too considering how much things have changed with modern game design and whatnots.

While unfortunate, highly expected from a lot of places really.

redcrayon

With titles like these they do tend to get negative reviews by those who just do not want to spend the time to figure out the mechanics. Its not surprising too considering how much things have changed with modern game design and whatnots.

While unfortunate, highly expected from a lot of places really.
Ive seen a lot of criticism regarding whether it's worth ever changing blood codes rather than making new members.

Do learned skills or spells carry over from your previous code if you change? I'm just wondering as I usually like to have a couple of multiclass characters in the endgame.

I'm assumg they don't, or the magic-users may as well all learn each other's level-one abilities, and the same for the front rank learning the knight's defence-up skill.

Saphirax

I got to the second part of that review and...what? I agree the game can be ambiguous at times, but overly complex? I'm not at all that good, but it seems that the person who wrote the review has a penchant for exaggeration. Either that or he misunderstood the game's mechanics/disregarded them completely.

CrovaxPSO

Ive seen a lot of criticism regarding whether it's worth ever changing blood codes rather than making new members.

Do learned skills or spells carry over from your previous code if you change? I'm just wondering as I usually like to have a couple of multiclass characters in the endgame.

Personally I never switched someone's blood code but I don't think skills carry over. I think it's just something they let you do if you want to keep a character without making a new one, rather than something you're expected to do for some kind of bonus. Kind of a pointless feature, unless I'm wrong about skills carrying over. It makes sense in the subsequent games because you could change a sub blood without changing main blood.

I got to the second part of that review and...what? I agree the game can be ambiguous at times, but overly complex? I'm not at all that good, but it seems that the person who wrote the review has a penchant for exaggeration. Either that or he misunderstood the game's mechanics/disregarded them completely.

I couldn't take much of his complaints seriously after he dedicated nearly a whole paragraph to complaining about the (very) short section where you're stripped of your code abilities.

Parakeetman

I'm assumg they don't, or the magic-users may as well all learn each other's level-one abilities, and the same for the front rank learning the knight's defence-up skill.

I think there is some sort of bonus if you max out the blood code but asides from that I just make new characters. Otherwise you will start out making a character at a disadvantage if you try to design one in mind to switch blood codes to by keeping stats a mix of both classes you are thinking of. At least thats how I see it.

I have to look into what the bonus is for maxing out a blood code though, but do not think most people will do that considering how much time it would take haha.

SephLuis

I haven't read the review, but I agree with the 'needlessly complex' part. Some mechanics could be simplified and wouldn't have much of an impact in the overall difficulty of the game.

For example, healing. You usually use your mage to heal your entire party and then rest all the magic users. They could make this process easier.

I also thought that some mechanics were too complex at the beginning, but this is probably due to me being a novice in this genre and the game's tutorial not healping much.

Still, I liked this game way more than I initially thought than I would.

Saphirax

Personally I never switched someone's blood code but I don't think skills carry over. I think it's just something they let you do if you want to keep a character without making a new one, rather than something you're expected to do for some kind of bonus. Kind of a pointless feature, unless I'm wrong about skills carrying over. It makes sense in the subsequent games because you could change a sub blood without changing main blood.

I couldn't take much of his complaints seriously after he dedicated nearly a whole paragraph to complaining about the (very) short section where you're stripped of your code abilities.

Yeah, that got me too. 15 minutes per battle? It's 5 at most, and I never felt like I was in any danger, the robots did piss poor damage. The part about not enough encounters was also baffling seeing how you can use items/abilities to remedy that.

pariah164

It really sucks having three characters that can't attack in the back row. Well, two; one of the three is a healer, after all.

CrovaxPSO

I haven't read the review, but I agree with the 'needlessly complex' part. Some mechanics could be simplified and wouldn't have much of an impact in the overall difficulty of the game.

For example, healing. You usually use your mage to heal your entire party and then rest all the magic users. They could make this process easier.

I also thought that some mechanics were too complex at the beginning, but this is probably due to me being a novice in this genre and the game's tutorial not healping much.

The healing lab is like the inn from old Wizardry games. Since this game is supposed to be a new take on those games (the name of the PC release is a direct reference to the Wizardry Xth games), it makes sense to have things like that. If they just made it so your whole team auto-healed every time you left a dungeon, they might as well remove everything related to older games. At that point, it wouldn't really be a new take on Wizardry though.

It really sucks having three characters that can't attack in the back row. Well, two; one of the three is a healer, after all.

That won't last too long. Once you get a couple more tiers of spells and some abilities on the back row they'll be much more active and important.

Parakeetman

I think the issue with that is a lot of people are not familiar with 2 things. 1 the fact that its a system brought over from the older Wizardry titles. As the medbay is basically the "Inn" and resting would always refill MP like that but to refill HP it costed more. Also applies to how MP in the game works.

Second this is a remade title off of the first series Exp Inc made which they did the choice of leaving all the mechanics pretty much the same from the original game just with updated graphics for the most part. Do not think NISA ever really advertised the game that way and people are not familiar with the original series as it never came over to the West, so really do not blame them for not knowing this.

On a side note
Really do believe that is why they were not able to go dual audio due to how a lot of older code and such was used, seeing how the game itself is. Basically it was not designed with that in mind initially. Unlike something that was built from the ground up being Demon Gaze.

Saphirax

My playthrough so far consists of having two and a half attackers :p. It's mostly my samurai and warrior dishing out the damage. During more serious battles, my wizard helps out as well.

SephLuis

I think the issue with that is a lot of people are not familiar with 2 things. 1 the fact that its a system brought over from the older Wizardry titles. As the medbay is basically the "Inn" and resting would always refill MP like that but to refill HP it costed more. Also applies to how MP in the game works.

Second this is a remade title off of the first series Exp Inc made which they did the choice of leaving all the mechanics pretty much the same from the original game just with updated graphics for the most part. Do not think NISA ever really advertised the game that way and people are not familiar with the original series as it never came over to the West, so really do not blame them for not knowing this.

Yeah, if it weren't for this topic and Shizuka telling me, I would never know this was a remake of an old title. I pretty much went completely blind about this title, so those systems were weird and complex to me. Especially because I do not play a lot of DRPGs, this is my second one I believe.

Parakeetman

Yeah, if it weren't for this topic and Shizuka telling me, I would never know this was a remake of an old title. I pretty much went completely blind about this title, so those systems were weird and complex to me. Especially because I do not play a lot of DRPGs, this is my second one I believe.

Yeah its totally understandable, since not a lot of the other Wizardry titles made their way to the West. Even when they did it was still pretty niche for the most part.

Demon Gaze was what really brought more people to the genre it seems. That and Etrian Odyssey, but that is its own group since its design mechanics outside of the 3d dungeon and turn based battles is its own thing different from the Wiz-like type of games.

redcrayon

Regarding back-row antics, my mage and healer are currently equipped with boomerangs and the academic with something else that lets him attack, as soon as I could equip them with medium or long range weapons I did! They are level 5 edge (throwing) weapons, so it's not too long before they can pitch in without using spells.

Seda

Let’s start at a simple, all-encompassing example. About sixty percent of the way through the game, during the second semester, a sequence of events occurs where your team is hit with an effect called “Code Breaker.” This effect completely robs the target of their ability to use Code-Rise; in short, you can’t use anything Code-based, including items, weapons, or skills, and all of your stats are nerfed. You’re basically a walking target, in other words. Conceptually, this is fine, and had the game introduced the effect, then healed it to show you it was scary business, it’d simply be a scary skill. Instead, the game then spends a long amount of time going through narrative before dumping you in a subway car where you must fight two mandatory battles, AT LEAST, and gives you three healing items you can only use at the end of battle. Each battle is against robots that miss often, but hurt like hell when they do hit, and while you hit constantly, you deal one and two points of damage every time. This leaves each of the two (again, mandatory) battles to take about fifteen minutes apiece, for little profit, at maximum risk. It is one of the single most boring and excessive sequences I have seen in a video game ever, and it is purely by the grace of God that I didn’t put the game down entirely at that moment.

I thought this part was somewhat weird, but the enemies hit me, like, once throughout that part. Just held onto the 'X' button and won, basically. And yeah, 15 minutes is quite the exaggeration.

Instead, I went onward through another mission, which revealed where our next target was, at which point… nothing happened. Searching the Japanese wiki revealed that I needed to complete a entirely optional submission that was literally in no way related to the main mission before it would unlock. After recycling the submission six times (it wanted items I didn’t have and couldn’t easily get), I was finally able to complete the submission and go onto the next main mission, at which point (after beating the boss of the prior mission handily) I watch two characters instantly get one-shotted by the first enemy I encountered in the zone, because it was fifteen levels above me.

I completed the ten code quest in like, ten minutes total. Changing which item he wants you to deliver is trivial, and hardly a nuisance.

Cemetery was 15 levels above him? At a low level encounter gauge, these guys are around, 25. Enemy levels tend to be above your party anyway, so noted the level difference isn't very useful. I cleared the tank boss at that place (which is ~four missions and major boss later) at level 20. Get good, son.

Item and weapon creation involves swapping around through four or five different menus, and there’s no unified front-end that just says “Here’s what you can buy or create, do you want to do that?” to speak of.

So, the crafting was a little confusing at first, but crafting in most games typically is. You have to become familiar with which item list you need to go into (like, you select JW to see what weapons you can create, not any of the weapon lists). But it's something you learn after navigating around for a few minutes.

It’s also annoying gear-wise when you have to try and understand why the gear simply doesn’t work the way you’d expect; some gear can be equipped but ends up “glitched,” which seems to do nothing but make it hard to remove, while other gear can’t be equipped, which could be due to level, job, alignment, gender or even your starting stats, which crosses the boundary from “complex” to “bizarre.”

You have to pay attention to your code, gender, level, and alignment. That's it, and nothing really more intricate than most job systems. I've never actually tried equipping something that doesn't match (for example the menu seems to allow my male Knight to equip a Valkyrie armor, but it's listed for women, so I knew not to try).

Healing is also poorly thought out because there’s never any reason to use the mid-tier option if you have a healer, when you can cheap out to replenish their magic, have them heal everyone, then replenish their magic again.

This is a classic 'trick' in a lot of games with pay-for-healing systems. I dunno, nbd.

His argument about limitations in party selection is silly too. Yeah academics are great outside of battle (and inside with their unity gauge filling), so maybe there's too much import placed on that class to substitute them. But for offense you could go with a number of things: Warrior/Monk/Archer/Assassin , and of course these classes have their benefits/detriments.

----

I think the 'trickiest' part about this game is how it changes so words from very familiar ones. Like: Blood Code instead of Class, Issue instead of Buy, GP instead of Money, Items are called Item Codes. Getting used to the jargon I guess.

KiTA

Doh, forgot to get the DLC before heading out.

What's a bonus code for on the main screen? Are those out or something for later?

Edit: Hm. Basic or Classic? What's everyone using? I heard some of the armors in Classic look really silly...

Seda

My back row is Physician, Academic, Wizard. Not very interesting but the Physician sticks to buffs/heals, academic always does his Unity thing, wizard has plenty of MP at this point to cast offensive magic are debuffs - guards when not needed.

CrovaxPSO

I thought this part was somewhat weird, but the enemies hit me, like, once throughout that part. Just held onto the 'X' button and won, basically. And yeah, 15 minutes is quite the exaggeration.

I completed the ten code quest in like, ten minutes total. Changing which item he wants you to deliver is trivial, and hardly a nuisance.

Cemetery was 15 levels above him? At a low level encounter gauge, these guys are around, 25. Enemy levels tend to be above your party anyway, so noted the level difference isn't very useful. I cleared the tank boss at that place (which is ~four missions and major boss later) at level 20. Get good, son.

So, the crafting was a little confusing at first, but crafting in most games typically is. You have to become familiar with which item list you need to go into (like, you select JW to see what weapons you can create, not any of the weapon lists). But it's something you learn after navigating around for a few minutes.

You have to pay attention to your code, gender, level, and alignment. That's it, and nothing really more intricate than most job systems. I've never actually tried equipping something that doesn't match (for example the menu seems to allow my male Knight to equip a Valkyrie armor, but it's listed for women, so I knew not to try).

This is a classic 'trick' in a lot of games with pay-for-healing systems. I dunno, nbd.

His argument about limitations in party selection is silly too. Yeah academics are great outside of battle (and inside with their unity gauge filling), so maybe there's too much import placed on that class to substitute them. But for offense you could go with a number of things: Warrior/Monk/Archer/Assassin , and of course these classes have their benefits/detriments.

----

I think the 'trickiest' part about this game is how it changes so words from very familiar ones. Like: Blood Code instead of Class, Issue instead of Buy, GP instead of Money, Items are called Item Codes. Getting used to the jargon I guess.

Making an issue out of the gear requirements seems strange to me because... I don't see how it could even be an issue. You either can equip something or you can't, and it tells you right on the item why.

My back row is Physician, Academic, Wizard. Not very interesting but the Physician sticks to buffs/heals, academic always does his Unity thing, wizard has plenty of MP at this point to cast offensive magic are debuffs - guards when not needed.

Can't remember specific examples from Abyss but later on in Babel and now for me, Cross Blood, I pretty much never have a free turn to use the Academic for the unity gauge. I'm hoping for some reviews that wait until attempting some of the post-game content (or -gasp- clearing it). I don't mean to say it's some monumental feat to clear it all, but it changes the way you have to approach some of the battles in ways that aren't insignificant.

Parakeetman

Regarding back-row antics, my mage and healer are currently equipped with boomerangs and the academic with something else that lets him attack, as soon as I could equip them with medium or long range weapons I did! They are level 5 edge (throwing) weapons, so it's not too long before they can pitch in without using spells.

Though later on you will most def want to go putting a staff or wand back on due to the Magic Attack Up it gives. Or the other abilities. Since you will most def be focusing more on spells and the type of physical damage they would be able to deal out becomes pretty insignificant D:

Though early on like what you are doing works well enough as chip damage, esp when you only can cast a handful of spells haha.

Doh, forgot to get the DLC before heading out.

What's a bonus code for on the main screen? Are those out or something for later?

Am not sure actually? Since I think you guys got all the DLC Japan did as is.

The only one you didnt get is Code Head Noah portraits.

Though there might have been one other item pack DLC that was released in a famitsu, but it was fairly similar to like the one you guys have available now. And nothing like important.

redcrayon

Though later on you will most def want to go putting a staff or wand back on due to the Magic Attack Up it gives. Or the other abilities. Since you will most def be focusing more on spells and the type of physical damage they would be able to deal out becomes pretty insignificant D:

Though early on like what you are doing works well enough as chip damage, esp when you only can cast a handful of spells haha.
Yeah, for sure. At the moment though it's that or use their handful of spells, so it's boomerangs all round for the next few hours :D

Top Bottom