• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori Definitive Edition PC Release Delayed | Upgrade Fee = $5 | New Trailer

ORIDEFINITIVE_610.jpg

Guess we're getting official merchandise too, link to the store is broken at the moment though.

Current owners of Ori and the Blind Forest can upgrade to the Definitive Edition for $4.99, while all new players can pick up the full game for $19.99, which includes the original Ori. Fans can also purchase official merchandise at the new Ori and The Blind Forest shop.

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3rmggIcpc&feature=youtu.be

This has no comments?

I LOVED this game so much. It was probably my favorite game to come out of 2015. The trailer for this has me hyped! It's also great knowing it's only a 5 buck upgrade fee.

Ryde3

I got the original on Steam during a price error but couldn't paly it with my Xbox One controller... it constant ran left, and it seemed like a common problem from my searching - does anyone know if it's been fixed?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Needless delay and reeks of publisher manipulation.

Shame about the PC delay. Loved the base game and will easily drop the $5 for the DLC area. Anyone know if this updated version let's you continue playing after completing the main game?

Afro

Been waiting for this edition before playing even though I've owned it since launch. Are the animations still locked at 30fps?

A $5 upgrade isnt bad at all. Now will these additions carry over to a game we already have in progress? Or do I have to start a new game?

If you beat he original why would you pay $5 besides "oh i love this game" or any excuse similar to that? Basically what im asking is are there new sections in the game or anything like that or what?

If the answer is in the trailer i aplogize, i cant watch the trailer atm, school wifi barely loads gaf.

Cool. I've been looking for something to play on my Xone lately. Maybe I'll play through the whole game again, and $5 seems like it's probably a good deal.

RoKKeR

IN. Easiest $5 ever.

Bummer about the PC delay.

If you haven't played this game yet, now is the perfect time to jump in. Easily my favorite game to be released last year, and it is still my favorite game of the generation so far.

malfcn

Haven't played vanilla yet.

Love the audio, visuals..even the studio logo.

Is the definitive edition considered an upgrade, or new separate title?

Thomas' post in the other thread about the delay.

Hey everyone,

Yeah, there were some issues left to fix regarding the PC versions that we couldn't tackle in time... We're burning the midnight oil to get the Windows 10 and Steam versions out ASAP. I know we said before that these versions would also be release don March 11th, but we just couldn't make it in time anymore. I hope you guys understand that situation, we didn't want to push something out that wasn't quite ready yet.

There will be a bunch more very positive Ori news in the upcoming weeks - We're super excited about a few upcoming things and I'm sure you guys will love it, too :)

I hope you guys enjoy the Definitive Edition of Ori. Another year of work was put into it and with all the new features, I'm hoping that we made all of you happy with the DE! :)

Haven't played vanilla yet.

Love the audio, visuals..even the studio logo.

Is the definitive edition considered an upgrade, or new separate title?

Separate title.

killroy87

Have they confirmed or denied yet if I can take my original game save to the upgraded version? I want to go back and get all the collectibles and see the new content, but don't want to replay the game.

Granjinha

Needless delay and reeks of publisher manipulation.

You know, there's healthy cynicism.

And then there's this.

Geez

If you beat he original why would you pay $5 besides "oh i love this game" or any excuse similar to that? Basically what im asking is are there new sections in the game or anything like that or what?

If the answer is in the trailer i aplogize, i cant watch the trailer atm, school wifi barely loads gaf.

There are new sections. New areas, skills, cutscenes, etc.

HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$5 was my max so I'm glad and in for the XBox One Upgrade on the 11th. Great trailer. Can't wait!

Red Hood

Banned
Satisfied to see it at 5$, for a minute there I was afraid it would have been more. Not that it would have been a punishment for such an amazing game, but 50% of the purchase value would have been off-putting.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm ok with the €5 upgrade cost. However I beat this just a few months ago, so it'll be while before I jump back in.

Explanation on the PC delay from the game's director:

Hey everyone,

Yeah, there were some issues left to fix regarding the PC versions that we couldn't tackle in time... We're burning the midnight oil to get the Windows 10 and Steam versions out ASAP. I know we said before that these versions would also be release don March 11th, but we just couldn't make it in time anymore. I hope you guys understand that situation, we didn't want to push something out that wasn't quite ready yet.

There will be a bunch more very positive Ori news in the upcoming weeks - We're super excited about a few upcoming things and I'm sure you guys will love it, too :)

I hope you guys enjoy the Definitive Edition of Ori. Another year of work was put into it and with all the new features, I'm hoping that we made all of you happy with the DE! :)

Tizoc

The answer is indeed in the trailer :p
Silly Prinny, ask what the goodies are first before you rant!

tc farks

From the other Ori thread it looks like you have to start the game over from scratch. As great as it was I don't want to replay the whole thing just to get to the new stuff.

XaosWolf

Got a new laptop and was gonna play through again, but will happily wait for this.

Sucks about the delay though! =P

Amazing that the upgrade is 5 dollars. been waiting for this dlc/patch for as long as there was talk about the definitive edition. Will get it as soon as it becomes available.

Top Bottom