• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

orioto

Good Art™
Not on a monitor perhaps, but it'll be visible on my projector, unfortunately :(

Thanks for answering!

There is no visible difference nor artifacts.

This is a png, 100%, from left to right:
_original print file resized at 5120 x 3200
_directly from photoshop resized at wall size (1600p) then zoomed x2 to see details
_Crop of my jpg wallpaper saved, also zoomed x2

WallCOmpare.png

Also you can take them for free and judge by yourself anyway ;)

scottnak

Ahh. Little LTTP, but awesome Splatoon painting!
Bought it last night :)

... still been too lazy to hang the prints, but I'll probably do that this weekend and finally post some photos. aha.

orioto

Good Art™
Ahh. Little LTTP, but awesome Splatoon painting!
Bought it last night :)

... still been too lazy to hang the prints, but I'll probably do that this weekend and finally post some photos. aha.

Thx :)

wip for the curious! I'm going for a different color scheme and mood obviously, more magical and light hearted like the game.

SoMzip01.jpg

bumpkin

Until midnight PST, there's 20%
off redbubble sitewide with the code BEGOOD in case anyone is on the fence for some great orioto art.
Crap, I meant to take advantage of it last night and forgot. :(

I'm currently working on converting a spare closet into a hidden-away computer workstation, and my idea for decor is a row/display of framed imagery from some of my all-time favorite video games. My wall of inspiration if you will. Thankfully, orioto has done pieces from many of those games so his art might just be what I use. :D

orioto

Good Art™
Crap, I meant to take advantage of it last night and forgot. :(

I'm currently working on converting a spare closet into a hidden-away computer workstation, and my idea for decor is a row/display of framed imagery from some of my all-time favorite video games. My wall of inspiration if you will. Thankfully, orioto has done pieces from many of those games so his art might just be what I use. :D

They actually do that really often. The 20% cut!

And 3000!
I made the vote for two pieces as it won't be every day!

VOTE
Congrats on the 3k! Big milestone!

As soon as I find my wallet, I'll buy something to celebrate! :D

Thinking either MGS3 or FFVIII

Been meaning to ask, is Redbubble giving you a proper number of how many posters you sold? I bought Sand Ambush a couple months ago and it still says only 50 left which means zero have been sold...

orioto

Good Art™
Congrats on the 3k! Big milestone!

As soon as I find my wallet, I'll buy something to celebrate! :D

Thinking either MGS3 or FFVIII

Been meaning to ask, is Redbubble giving you a proper number of how many posters you sold? I bought Sand Ambush a couple months ago and it still says only 50 left which means zero have been sold...

Thx!
The number on redbubble is manually changed by me. I don't always do it! I wait for 10 sales to change it at least generally.

Well of my 3000 followers, 639 saw the vote for now and 9 voted.. I guess there won't be any re-run if people are not interested.

Koren

Well of my 3000 followers, 639 saw the vote for now and 9 voted.. I guess there won't be any re-run if people are not interested.
I'm interested, and would gladly have voted if I wasn't really cold toward Facebook. I hope you won't jump too fast on conclusions ;) There's several I'd like to see return (such as the Metroid ship or Wind Waker, among others), and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Also, curious to see how the Seiken one will be at the end, but it's already nice. The color swap is interesting...

Thx!
The number on redbubble is manually changed by me. I don't always do it! I wait for 10 sales to change it at least generally.

Thanks for clearly things up, thought redbubble was ripping you off!

I am definitely interested in a re-run, but don't have a very positive opinion on Facebook and I only use it for Cross Country in the fall since I can manage my team that way. Other than that, I dont log on under any circumstance.

But if you did a straw poll or something on this thread and combined it with the Facebook poll, I will gladly contribute!

orioto

Good Art™
I'm interested, and would gladly have voted if I wasn't really cold toward Facebook. I hope you won't jump too fast on conclusions ;) There's several I'd like to see return (such as the Metroid ship or Wind Waker, among others), and I'm sure I'm not alone.

People don't like facebook, they don't like twitter, they don't like deviantart, they are not on neogaf in general.. it's really difficult for me to judge anything at that point...

If that tells me something it's that people don't want me to re-run those arts. Maybe they are mad i told them they were limited in first place.

Thanks for clearly things up, thought redbubble was ripping you off!

I am definitely interested in a re-run, but don't have a very positive opinion on Facebook and I only use it for Cross Country in the fall since I can manage my team that way. Other than that, I dont log on under any circumstance.

But if you did a straw poll or something on this thread and combined it with the Facebook poll, I will gladly contribute!

Well people can still vote here it's not like i will ignore it anyway! I'll have so few votes in the end it'll be ridiculous. The winner will have 2 votes maybe ? lol

Koren

People don't like facebook, they don't like twitter, they don't like deviantart, they are not on neogaf in general.. it's really difficult for me to judge anything at that point...
I understand this... I'm fine with DeviantArt (there's people against it?) and Twitter even if I don't have an account.

It's just I don't like the way FB handle things, and I'm reluctant to create an account just to be able not to miss such things...

If that tells me something it's that people don't want me to re-run those arts.
I don't know how they do the counts, but I'm pretty sure there's plently of people interested. At least, give it some time...

TheMoon

It's just I don't like the way FB handle things, and I'm reluctant to create an account just to be able not to miss such things...

just make an account with random made-up info. all you need is something resembling a name and an email address.

Shizza

If that tells me something it's that people don't want me to re-run those arts. Maybe they are mad i told them they were limited in first place.

Well people can still vote here it's not like i will ignore it anyway! I'll have so few votes in the end it'll be ridiculous. The winner will have 2 votes maybe ? lol

Somehow I missed that you have a Facebook group, but now I'm following you on there! I'd much rather have your work pop up in my feed than some random political meme or pictures of someone's cat.

orioto

Good Art™
Somehow I missed that you have a Facebook group, but now I'm following you on there! I'd much rather have your work pop up in my feed than some random political meme or pictures of someone's cat.

Thx!

Well even if a little more people vote it will mean nothing honestly... I tried to pay for more view among my followers those sob of facebook. I'm pretty sure that's illegal the way they don't let your followers see what you post, then ask you money to do so...

Enforcer

Thx!

Well even if a little more people vote it will mean nothing honestly... I tried to pay for more view among my followers those sob of facebook. I'm pretty sure that's illegal the way they don't let your followers see what you post, then ask you money to do so...

Sucks that your post isn't getting enough exposure! I did my part and voted, but not counting my vote, there were I think 10 people who had voted, which isn't a lot. That's pretty unfortunate. I was hoping this voting solution would allow you to bring back some of the back catalog. :(

Salamando

Apologies if it's been covered, but is there a generally recommended art type (poster vs art print) and size when it comes to ordering? Looking particularly at that Narshe print...

orioto

Good Art™
Sucks that your post isn't getting enough exposure! I did my part and voted, but not counting my vote, there were I think 10 people who had voted, which isn't a lot. That's pretty unfortunate. I was hoping this voting solution would allow you to bring back some of the back catalog. :(

Facebook is definitely the best place to post things like the vote.

People that don't like facebook are a tiny minority.

I realize there are too many choices so i will never have real majorities.. The most voted have 3 votes and there are many draws already lol.

Apologies if it's been covered, but is there a generally recommended art type (poster vs art print) and size when it comes to ordering? Looking particularly at that Narshe print...

Art print is the better paper, lasts 100 years etc.. I personally prefer lustre print (poster) for dark pieces!

orioto

Good Art™
Just bought 3 art prints for my gaming room :)

Ci5bCorW0AA7pog.jpg:large

First time i see somoene displaying my art like that with color grading indeed, nice :p
And thx for the tweet!

Also wip

SoMzip03.jpg

Hmm more complicated than planned, not sure it will be finished today.

Peterc

I asked one contact, i'll let you know how it goes.

For now let's work!

MGS3Sketch.jpg

Ha, new page, let's make it good wait..

I also made available again those two (the mario fresco was on an other store)

You understand how games should be visually created, not that boring style. I respect you!

Nintendo need someone like you

Kurt

That fucking tree made me suffer!

Nice. I did wish that someone like you worked @ nintendo. There are not much people like you that know how to create fantastic art like that. (For me its the art and music that are creating memmories).

orioto

Good Art™
Nice. I did wish that someone like you worked @ nintendo. There are not much people like you that know how to create fantastic art like that. (For me its the art and music that are creating memmories).

You understand how games should be visually created, not that boring style. I respect you!

Nintendo need someone like you

Why the sudden desire for me at Nintendo :p My real goal is to b able to create my own games, but i can't work on that demo i have in mind cause the posters take me too much time lol

This one is killing me really! Need to add some more plants, characters and the pink birdies!

SoMzip04.jpg

Peterc

Why the sudden desire for me at Nintendo :p My real goal is to b able to create my own games, but i can't work on that demo i have in mind cause the posters take me too much time lol

This one is killing me really! Need to add some more plants, characters and the pink birdies!

SoMzip04.jpg

Yes it looks already much better. Played secret of many when it was released.

As Nintendo fan, I would like to see metroid/mario/donkey kong games transform in your art. But of course if you could start on your own game, that would be even better. Because you aren't restricted in what you can do. Are you really considering working on a own game?

Lucent

SoMzip04.jpg

I think I'm gonna need a big poster of this. It's beautiful. Never found a frame that fit the other posters I got perfectly. Just got an 24x18 frame.

orioto

Good Art™
Yes it looks already much better. Played secret of many when it was released.

As Nintendo fan, I would like to see metroid/mario/donkey kong games transform in your art. But of course if you could start on your own game, that would be even better. Because you aren't restricted in what you can do. Are you really considering working on a own game?

Well i'd love to if i had time and help :p

I think I'm gonna need a big poster of this. It's beautiful. Never found a frame that fit the other posters I got perfectly. Just got an 24x18 frame.

hmm i don't like to hear that :\ I've understood, in the end.. that i think "posters" are not meant to be framed. I mean they are like movie posters but better quality. It's really a standard size, but for movie posters, or adds ect... There are frames for it but not in mainstream stores maybe. Online you can definitely find some.

Baliis

hmm i don't like to hear that : I've understood, in the end.. that i think "posters" are not meant to be framed. I mean they are like movie posters but better quality. It's really a standard size, but for movie posters, or adds ect... There are frames for it but not in mainstream stores maybe. Online you can definitely find some.

Really? Idk if they're much different but I know for a couple posters i have from club Nintendo stuff that was 18x24 I just bought a 18x24 frame from like Michaels or something and it worked great.

Out of curiosity do you have any pics that people have posted maybe of how the canvas prints look? Thinking of getting one for secret of mana and maybe another one, but I never know how quality for stuff like that is. I feel like it would look nice though anyways.

orioto

Good Art™
Really? Idk if they're much different but I know for a couple posters i have from club Nintendo stuff that was 18x24 I just bought a 18x24 frame from like Michaels or something and it worked great.

Out of curiosity do you have any pics that people have posted maybe of how the canvas prints look? Thinking of getting one for secret of mana and maybe another one, but I never know how quality for stuff like that is. I feel like it would look nice though anyways.

Unfortunatly i don't have good pics of them! Maybe somoene from here bought one and can give some reviews :)

So for now this are the votes :

FFVI Frescoes: 1
Sweet Jungle: 4
FFVI opening: 4
FFX songs of prayer: 3
CT: Renaissance: 1
Life Stream: 4
Fresh Air: 6
Miyazaki: 1
LTTP fresco: 3
electric sky: 4
artoryas: 4
CT: Nice and promising: 1
smb3 fresco: 1
sonic1: 2
megaman fresco: 1
Magus Castle: 2
First Encounter: 1
Holy Sword: 1
Master Sword: 2
Sonic2 fresco: 1
Playing with the moon: 1

So a draw for the second for now...

Tamanator

That's brilliant Orioto. Smashes the original art for the game in my opinion.

On framing, both posters I have got from Orioto I have got custom framed. I'll try to get a picture up sometime (One was a gift for a close friend). They looked absolutely stunning framed, but it wasn't cheap to do so.

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys!

That's brilliant Orioto. Smashes the original art for the game in my opinion.

On framing, both posters I have got from Orioto I have got custom framed. I'll try to get a picture up sometime (One was a gift for a close friend). They looked absolutely stunning framed, but it wasn't cheap to do so.

I don't know how much it was, but i'm sure you can find cheap (like 10 euros) A format frames online :p

Unfortunatly i don't have good pics of them! Maybe somoene from here bought one and can give some reviews :)

So for now this are the votes :

FFVI Frescoes: 1
Sweet Jungle: 4
FFVI opening: 4
FFX songs of prayer: 3
CT: Renaissance: 1
Life Stream: 4
Fresh Air: 6
Miyazaki: 1
LTTP fresco: 3
electric sky: 4
artoryas: 4
CT: Nice and promising: 1
smb3 fresco: 1
sonic1: 2
megaman fresco: 1
Magus Castle: 2
First Encounter: 1
Holy Sword: 1
Master Sword: 2
Sonic2 fresco: 1
Playing with the moon: 1

So a draw for the second for now...
Master Sword needs more votes...;_;

And Artorias

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys i'm happy to see some love for Secret of Mana :p

Master Sword needs more votes...;_;

And Artorias

Ok so i add your two votes!

The winner is fresh air by the sea for now and it's a draw for the second between artoryas and electric sky.

At least it's coherent, as those 3 sold out the fastest on my store back then.

Question for monster hunter fans: a memorable place from Tri or 4 ?

Thx guys i'm happy to see some love for Secret of Mana :p

Ok so i add your two votes!

The winner is fresh air by the sea for now and it's a draw for the second between artoryas and electric sky.

At least it's coherent, as those 3 sold out the fastest on my store back then.

Question for monster hunter fans: a memorable place from Tri or 4 ?

Do all 3 of them again!

And Master Sword >.>

Top Bottom