• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast confirmed as the free game for PS4 PS+ members in February

What the heck, every game I've been wanting to buy has been free.

I would like to give you money PSN! I have $20 in PSN cards...

This is awesome though!

PSN+ really bringing the heat with the non-stop $5 PC games.

They are $35 together on Steam right now. You mean you got it at a sale for $5? Cute. These are free...

I really hope that this doesnt mean we wont get Drive Club in Feb. I hated Dont Starve and Outlast doesnt look interesting to me either.

Damn it Sony, don't you want my money? I was going to buy Don't Starve and Outlast without question. I'll take it for free, as well but I like supporting devs directly too.

Tenki

Great. I'm buying a PS4 soon and I was waiting for this game. That and Resogun are the only games I'll be playing until MGS/inFamous arrive :( Maybe Thief too.

This is an amazing get for PS+. Knocking it out of the PARK with the selections.

That said: NOPE. Not touching this. Dear lord, this game will probably kill me if I tried to play it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. It's a game I'd never try otherwise.
Yeah, same. The only two "scary" games I've played are Resident Evil 2 and Gone Home, lol. I've never been particularly interested in horror games, but I'll definitely try this out.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That said: NOPE. Not touching this. Dear lord, this game will probably kill me if I tried to play it.
Eh, once you understand how it works, the fear factor kind of disappears. It's completely scripted...and not even scripted that well. It's designed to give the impression of being a "stealth" horror game, but there's really little in the way of genuine AI here as enemies can be warped around in a completely unfair way. It really hurt the experience for me once all that became clear. :\

quickwhips

I wasn't being petty, It was a useless comment that I found rather annoying.

Of course the PS4 offerings aren't AAA games, it takes time for that.

I just put them on my ignore list. Its funny when I walk into PS4 and Xbox one threads and the first 2 pages are all blocked....don't let people get to you so much. I played outlast with my wife on pc and I am looking forward to finishing it on PS4. I hate keyboard and Mouse after working all day. Game was pretty scary.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
First time this game scares me I'm deleting it. It's the only way to be sure the crazy people go away.

I just put them on my ignore list. Its funny when I walk into PS4 and Xbox one threads and the first 2 pages are all blocked....don't let people get to you so much. I played outlast with my wife on pc and I am looking forward to finishing it on PS4. I hate keyboard and Mouse after working all day. Game was pretty scary.
Cheers, most of the time I ignore it and I know that by responding im just ruining the thread for someone else, I'll try to stop.

I kept almost buying the game on Steam but I was sure they'd said it was coming to PS+

Tsundere

Banned

Can't you map a controller on PC?

I wasn't being petty, It was a useless comment that I found rather annoying.

Of course the PS4 offerings aren't AAA games, it takes time for that.

Just ignore it. Why let something like that even get to you?

PA fan?

Seriously, it does a good job in terms of atmosphere, but I just didn't find it scary. Nothing about it really made me tense or scared. I guess it might be different on a TV, with some headphones and playing at night by my lonesome...

Geedorah

I'm going to have to either 1) find a way to tether my DS4 to my wrist or 2) place some plexiglass in front of my TV - because I'mma totally spazz out and throw my controller when playing this game, that I am sure of...

Guymelef

Other confirmed PS4 PS+ games:

Drive Club PS+ Ed (Q1)
Binding of Isaac Rebirth (Q1)
Secret Ponchos (April)

I would guess DC gets pushed to May.

Probably we must wait so looooong for The Binding of Isaac.

Q :When will rebirth release? i want a fucking date! give me a date!!!!
A: i have no idea other than sometime this year, its done when its done.

They are still with the old game remake part and not started the new expansion.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Other confirmed PS4 PS+ games:
Drive Club PS+ Ed (Q1)
Binding of Isaac Rebirth (Q1)
Secret Ponchos (April)
I would guess DC gets pushed to May.
Lets see. If Driveclub really does launch along with the PS4 in Japan it's not too much of a stretch to say it'll be the March game. And Secret Ponchos is definitely the game for April. And Binding of Isaac is the one we've heard the absolute least about and it would round out the PS+ offering of May and then lead in to E3. So this means that Unless the pull back Isaac, even if it's probably not done, that Driveclub should be the March game. Since Secret Ponchos isn't gonna get rushed out.

Get hyped. #BeMoved :p

djshauny

Banned
Game is good but the scares do become predictable after a while. The enemys aint that scary either but the atmosphere makes up for that.

I've heard it's better to quit after 1-2 hours, because then you have seen everything that the game has to offer.

In terms of how the game tries to scare you? Yeah. It's a combination of atmosphere with a ton of jump scares. The first of which will make you shit your pants. However, there's some really nice scenarios later on including some great atmospheric environments worth exploring (won't ruin it) and one specific nutjob character that both funny and creepy.

Once the
Walrider
is introduced as a concept, the story just falls apart and really the game becomes dependent on the story to hook you and keep you playing after the first couple of hours.

It's not perfect and has it's share of flaws but if you're a survival horror fan that craves a solid experience? It's free. I don't see how you don't at least try it.

KORNdoggy

Known about this since before PS4 was released. Heard nothing but good things regarding the PC version. No planetside 2 for feb?

Massa

I don't follow...

Is what the poster is saying wrong? What does the Xbox have to do with anything?

It's actually wrong. Don't Starve and Contrast are $15 each on Steam, and Outlast is $20. Resogun is $15 on PSN.

I assume the Xbox comment has to do with that user's history, but I'm not familiar with it.

Concept17

Well it's 80 on Metacritic, which is higher than Contrast and Don't Starve.

Honestly, Don't Starve bored me after I reached Day 4. It's really not my bag. I thought Contrast was like a dreadful late 90s PC shareware game. And don't count on Driveclub launching in March.

But Resogun is fanfuckingtastic. Which way more than makes up for it.

I'm the opposite. Resogun is just one of those games I can't get attached to. It's certainly very well done. Don't Starve is pretty neat. It's a well done survival game, which is more than most can say in the same genre. Contrast is mostly meh. A nice distraction for a free launch title, with a somewhat interesting narrative.

I thought there was a chance we would see DC at the end of Feb?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not much for horror games, but this is alright with me.

I'm guessing Driveclub isn't releasing anytime soon, though.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
god bless ps+

I thought that racing game that got delayed was coming out in Feb? Wasn't that supposed to be free for PS+? Or was that only for launch and not anymore?

Top Bottom