• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast confirmed as the free game for PS4 PS+ members in February

Raoh

Awesome.

And I am loving "Don't Starve" but I need to read up on tactics, it doesn't hold your hand on what you should be doing and why.

graywolf323

good for people that like horror games, I might add it to my account in case any friends are interested in playing it but I will not touch the game myself

I hate horror games, I'm a scaredy-cat and damn proud of it :p

This game might be free with PS+ but the fact that I will need to buy new pairs of underwear means that the game is actually costing money.

Caderfix

This game is so good... The camera feels awesome.

I've never played the PS4 version, but I'd encourage anyone to play the game in whatever platform they can.

Everdred

I just beat it on PC and loved it but I'm a huge fan of survival horror. I will beat it again and go for all trophies.

I have it on PC and lost it at the first part where you go into that first room with the bodies hanging. Haven't played it since.

I'll give it a shot. I'm a big fan of survival horror games (loved Dead Space 1 & most of 2) and this certainly looks to be one. My only qualms appear to be the human looking enemies and the complete lack of any way to fight back.

legacyzero

Banned
Bought Oulast day one for ull price and regret nothing! Game was amazing.

-If you like games like Condemned, you'll like this
-if you like twisted games that are gory and over-the-top violent, youll like this

glow

Banned
I'll give it a shot. I'm a big fan of survival horror games (loved Dead Space 1 & most of 2) and this certainly looks to be one. My only qualms appear to be the human looking enemies and the complete lack of any way to fight back.

That is the definition of survival horror. The Dead Space games aren't even survival horror.

Kolgar

I am actually playing this right this minute. Will probably finish tonight. It's sublime horror. You guys are in for a treat!

Does this game have a specific release date yet? I know Feb but when?

I've been dying to play this.... hell I've been dying to play something OTHER than a FPS on PS4.. this will be a nice change of pace

As each day goes by, I'm more and more confident that DriveClub will get an early summer release. A game supposed to be ready for launch in November doesn't even have a release date mid-January. How does that happen?

That's Daylight.

Yeah, I played it at a friends house and it felt very horror lite for the most part. It's really only scary for those people who find garbage like Paranormal Activity scary....

If you're a horror fan/veteran, you won't find much here to scare you. Saying that, it does have a nice atmosphere and as mentioned above, it's incredibly well done for an indie game.
i was pretty freaked out watching paranormal activity especially by myself...it was was a bunch of noises that u heAr around the house lol, and the ending scared me as well...

SilentFlyer

Man, its a bummer for those like me living in Saudi Arabia who can't play Outlast because it won't be available in local PSN store here. Instead, we are getting Sound Shapes as a replacement that I already bought when released on PS3. It seems I have to wither create US or UK PSN account and find 30 day trial in order to play this game.

xrnzaaas

Outlast is one of the best horrors I've played in years. Not many games manage to scare me these days and this one was successful. :) It's a shame that both Amnesia games weren't ported to consoles... they're equally good and scary.

I'm quite enjoying Don't Starve but it's definitely not a game for everyone.

Yeah games where it just seems like tedious work to acquire things to stay alive for a while until inevitable death don't appeal to me. That is my real life. I don't need a simulation of the depressing nature of existence.

schaft0620

First, the amazing Resogun.
Then, the addictive Don't Starve.
February, the horror debut with Outlast.
March, almost certainly DriveClub.

What a start for PS Plus on PS4.

DriveClub has no indication that it will be ready before April and I believe April is Secrete Ponchos. Should be fun to see what March will be but it wont be DriveClub.

Top Bottom