• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

The fact that all the skins are legendaries just means I'm bummed the moment a gold doesn't appear in the loot box opening animation. :/

Whenever I see a legendary I automatically assume it's a hideous old skin instead of an event skin that I would actually want.

PSqueak

Banned
The fact that all the skins are legendaries just means I'm bummed the moment a gold doesn't appear in the loot box opening animation. :/

Yeah, same here, altho i have gotten a bunch that are nice, im merely 75 overwatch funbucks from being able to buy the one i DO want.

So now i hope for gold more than anything else.

BigEmil

when does the anniversary event ends, aaand when does the free to play thing stops?
I think two more weeks left? I'm playing as much as I can just to get atleast one event legendary skin i want from Lootbox as gold wise I won't reach 3000 at this rate

Flip4k

Maybe gotten only 10 or so boxes this event through normal play. Really only wanted Sentai Genji. Was about to give in and buy some, but I got it in the next box.

godisreal.gif

nates

Neo Member
I'm considering buying some anniversary boxes on the last day if I don't get what I want from the free boxes. I just started playing and I got lucky and unlocked Cyberninja Hanzo.

Phu

Banned
Whenever I see a legendary I automatically assume it's a hideous old skin instead of an event skin that I would actually want.

That's been my experience with my last few golds. I've been playing this game for a year, I have all the 'regular' skins I want so when I get a 'new' [NEW!] old skin I'm just like, 'there's a reason I didn't end up buying this thing.'

My top priorities for this event are to get the Symm skin and the Lucio skin but with every passing day I feel more and more inclined to skip on the Lucio. I have enough credits to buy both of them right now but 3k takes a decent chunk of time to grind out so as much as I like the jazzy I think I'll be good staying as a hockey player. The RNG doesn't make me grab for my wallet, it makes me question how much I really want or like these virtual outfits in the first place.

KanameYuuki

I'm considering buying some anniversary boxes on the last day if I don't get what I want from the free boxes. I just started playing and I got lucky and unlocked Cyberninja Hanzo.

Just make sure to be prepared for disappointment, with the current odds you are more than probably going to get nothing and be wasting your money.

BigEmil

Yep this is how they get me, all I want now is the minimum which is just one Symettra event skin that's all I ask for, if still nothing till the last day I give in and give money..

Blam

Disappointed with the lootboxes still.

They seem to be so heavily swayed and I swear change in RNG depending on when you open the lootbox page.

KanameYuuki

These limited time deals are really getting under my skin and it makes me wonder why they can't just make these permanent, but just increase to cost to make them harder to earn instead. Overwatch definitely doesn't play towards the casual audience at times.

Nothing gets easier on people's wallet than limited time offers, and much like you I'm also feeling fed up that pretty much every new cosmetic has been that way.

jediyoshi

dude, i dont have overwatch and i was playing yesterday, is not a "free weekend"

lVnsgGK.png

Kremzeek

...The RNG doesn't make me grab for my wallet, it makes me question how much I really want or like these virtual outfits in the first place.

yes i think more and more people are starting to feel burned by the RNG middle finger.

i myself have also been pulling back on buying loot boxes.

i used to spend $50 for most events but now i'm only doing a single $20. all the crap sprays & dupes i got from this pull just further reinforced my decision to not spend more $$ on this game.

Disappointed with the lootboxes still.

They seem to be so heavily swayed and I swear change in RNG depending on when you open the lootbox page.

boxes are rolled the moment you earn or buy one, not before you open it.

I believe how it works is that each time you earn or buy a box the items are rolled, if you have not had a purple or golden in a while the chance goes up, once you do get one the chance % resets, if you ever get back to back legendarys it's a super slim chance of occuring.

No skins for me.
Got the dances for Mei, Ana, and Turretboy.

Thanks, Blizzard. Just like when I didn't get the purple Orisa after $25+ of lootboxes.

Have grinded for multiple lootboxes and I only managed to obtain Symm, Lucio and a dance emote for Mercy. I have barely gotten enough gold to buy one legendary event skin.
I hoping I can unlock most before the event is over because I doubt I'll get enough gold to buy 2, let alone 3 skins.
Wished Blizzard wasn't so stingy with gold.

Valahart

Have grinded for multiple lootboxes and I only managed to obtain Symm, Lucio and a dance emote for Mercy. I have barely gotten enough gold to buy one legendary event skin.
I hoping I can unlock most before the event is over because I doubt I'll get enough gold to buy 2, let alone 3 skins.
Wished Blizzard wasn't so stingy with gold.

You got two of the best skins there, I wouldn't complain.

Swiggins

I've gotten:

Tracer
Symettra
Genji
Hanzo
Handful of dances including Tracers who is absolutely adorable ^.^

I spent $20, but I'd say it was money well spent, I haven't had a whole lotta time to grind boxes like the last event. I've also got a few coins saved up so I might end up buying Soldiers or Lucio's if I don't get it before the end of the event.

NeatoKuni

Really wanted symmetra since she's the best overwatch character. I bought 10$ in loot boxes and got her in two consecutive boxes lol. I've also gotten Bastion Tracer and a couple dance emotes so far since the event started. Feeling good, some of these stories are pretty bad, I feel bad for the people investing actual money and not getting anything. That really blows.

aBarreras

so does anyone can tell me why i can play this game?

i didnt purchased it
the free trial was over the weekend only
none of the xbox accounts on my xbox have it (my brother has it on pc though, and his xbox account is on my xbox)

i already checked my purchases and my credit card history and nothing.

is this a glitch? or maybe something for the Gold users?

@_@

Maximus.

This is by far and away the worst I've ever done for boxes in an Event. I've gotten zero skins and only 2 dances in all of the free boxes I've earned. I don't know if this is punishment because I got every single skin from the last event and they track somehow what you've earned?

IDK I planned on buying 50 boxes just as a thank you for the past year of Overwatch, but I'm reconsidering because my drop rate is so horrible I feel like I won't get shit

I don't think any company has a system where it rewards you one event then not the other. It is literally just a random draw and luck. If you want the skins, you may have to spend money and hope for the best.

cakely

so does anyone can tell me why i can play this game?

i didnt purchased it
the free trial was over the weekend only
none of the xbox accounts on my xbox have it (my brother has it on pc though, and his xbox account is on my xbox)

i already checked my purchases and my credit card history and nothing.

is this a glitch? or maybe something for the Gold users?

@_@

Sounds like

Screen-Shot-2015-02-13-at-12.02.04-PM.png

I would just enjoy it while you can.

After about free 15 boxes i just finally got my second legendary, Lucios. Looks like im gonna have to spend atleast $50. I was so happy to only have to spend like $20 during the last 2 to complete everything except icons

rackham

Banned
I'd like the soldier skin but I really just want Ana, roadhog, pharah and sombras dance. Already got rein and mercys dance.

Also got pharahs skin which is pretty nice

I have just over 3k credits. When does this anniversary end?

Permanently A

This event sucks to be honest. Doesn't even feel like an event. You're playing the same gamemodes and you're getting the same sprays and legendaries. Only difference is 1 new voiceline every box.

This event sucks to be honest. Doesn't even feel like an event. You're playing the same gamemodes and you're getting the same sprays and legendaries. Only difference is 1 new voiceline every box.

Yeah this feels like the most low-effort even from Blizzard yet, despite having the highest number of Legendary skins.

Cmagus

I earned 3 boxes and each one was 1 blue and the rest grey.... I'm having no luck at all the last little while, no event skins yet.

sephi22

Gimme a Pharah Dance, the Symmetra skin or the Pharah skin in the next 11 days Blizzard. That's all I ask.

I can then buy the rest with the 6000 coins I'll have by then

DrArchon

Good news: I got Genji's Sentai skin, which imo is the best skin for the whole event.

Bad news: I can't play Genji to save my life.

maouvin

I'd actually rather have oni genji but I'm not gonna play a garbage game to get it.

It can drop on regular lootboxes/be purchased for 1000 gold on PTR right now (along with police D.Va). Don't know if it's something that might come to live server or if it's just so PTR people can use those.

rackham

Banned
It can drop on regular lootboxes/be purchased for 1000 gold on PTR right now (along with police D.Va). Don't know if it's something that might come to live server or if it's just so PTR people can use those.
Thanks for letting me know. Might save up credits for it now.

All I want left from this event is some character dances. I have enough credits but I'll wait until the last day to see what happens.

Also need to save up credits for sombras new regular emotes.

Top Bottom