• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

sephi22

Before spending any money I got the following from normal drops:

Event Skins:
Sentai Genji
Jazzy Lucio

Non Event Skins:
Wasteland Ana
Wadjet Ana
Huntress Widowmaker

Dances:
Torbjorn
Soldier 76
Roadhog
Junkrat
Mei
Genji

Today I spent $30 and got the following:

Event Skins:
Spraying Tracer
Cyber Zarya
Orange Bastion

Non Event Skins:
Comtesse Widow

Dances:
Symmetra
Mercy
Bastion
Mei (duplicate)

And about 1800 in coins from dupes and coins.

With 3800 gold remaining, what I really want is:

Oasis Symmetra
Bedouin Pharah + Dance

I'll wait till the event hoping I can get one the two in a box. Will buy the other through coins.

This is by far and away the worst I've ever done for boxes in an Event. I've gotten zero skins and only 2 dances in all of the free boxes I've earned. I don't know if this is punishment because I got every single skin from the last event and they track somehow what you've earned?

IDK I planned on buying 50 boxes just as a thank you for the past year of Overwatch, but I'm reconsidering because my drop rate is so horrible I feel like I won't get shit

Tunned

The loot box drop rate is indeed abysmal. So far I've opened about 7 event boxes which I acquired through playing. I got the ugly Zarya event skin, and to my surprise the next box also contained a legendary item... which was a normal Zenyatta skin... FFFUUUU. Not to mention that all the boxes contain a minimum of 2 dupes, I even got a box with 4 dupes!

So from 7 boxes I got:
2 legendary skins (1 event, 1 non event)
1 Pink 150 coins box
The rest were shitty grey and blue boxes, of which more than half were dupes.

Your game is great Blizzard, but F U for you shitty loot boxes, I am never spending a cent on this shit.

I thought uprising was pretty bad, played about as much as the Chinese new year event which I got all but 1 or 2 skins where uprising I got like 2 skins from the boxes had to buy the ones that I wanted.

This event I'm about 20 boxes in with 2 dance emote and 1 legendary box of gold haven't got a single event skin yet. Starting to wonder if its a result of never buying any boxes.

feel

Tossed $10 Blizzard's way to support the game and see if I could finally get some legendary skins and got absolutely nothing in all those paid boxes. Then the next day I got 4 legendaries (bee mei, cyber hanzo, new pharrah and an old Genji one) with the free drops from level-ups/Arcade. Ok then lol.

cakely

I opened the 12 boxes I earned on the console version and got ... the event Zarya skin. Yep, ugly.

On a good note I got the dances I was looking for ... Sombra and Mei. I have a feeling I'll be spending my coins to buy more dances instead of legendary skins.

I took advantage of the free weekend and hoped for some skins. I got nothing until today, with my last box having Oasis Symmetra...I don't even play Symmetra but I had to use her just once to show off.

Symmetra was surprisingly fun with her turrets.

Until now I got 2 Sentai Genji skins (just 200 coins for the duplicate, WTF Blizzard), 1 Cyborg Soldier 76 skin and 3 dance emotes from free boxes. I haven't spend money for loot boxes and I won't start now, but I really want Lucio's Jazzy skin so I might end up buying it with coins. I have saved 6000 coins since Christmas (when I bought this game) and feels bad to spend the half of your savings on just one skin.

OW system of collecting skins is really miserable TBH, at least it should give you the option to buy the skins directly with real money but you still need to buy boxes that drops random crap and hope to get what you want.

I bought most of my lootboxes but I got:

Anniversary Pharah
Anniversary Dva(x2)
Anniversary Symmetra
most dances
all anniversary Icons
most voice lines

Peridot Ana
Woodbot Bastion
Heliotrope Mei
Rescue Me! Mei
Sunrise/Twilight Orisa
Titanium Pharah
Water Zenyatta
Midnight Zarya
Red Planet Winston
Banana Winston
Vert Widow
Patina Widow
Electric Purple Tracer
Gron Torbjorn
Daredevil 76
Blackhardt
Moss Reaper

worth just for Pharah/D.va skins
haven't gotten their dances yet though :(

10 boxes, 1 legendary, no purples, a bunch of white-white-blue-white's in a row.
The legendary was the one skin I didn't want: Soldier 76

thisisbullshit.gif

I mean, at least ONE dance emote would be good. The odds are absolutely fucked.

I got Tracer's legendary skin twice in a row and I can't get over how you only get 200 coins from it. Is that even different from non-event legendaries?

Chanser

These free boxes are putting me off spending 50 boxes. I got very lucky unlocking Lucio skin, rest have been dupes, non-event skins and no dances.

Ivellios

So far by playing a lot of games, i obtained the skin i truly wished, Lucio and also Symettra.

I wish i got at least a few more dances, im just getting grey/blue itens the majority of the time.

Surely they can't lock these dance emotes to this single event right?

The uproar has been too vocal for them to ignore surely?

Dance emotes, the straw that finally broke the 'fans' backs and caused a revolution lol.

Toni

So far by playing a lot of games, i obtained the skin i truly wished, Lucio and also Symettra.

I wish i got at least a few more dances, im just getting grey/blue itens the majority of the time.

Symmetra is my main. I was floored when I got her event skin.

I hate how loot works in this game but her skin is so, so good.

LiK

Symmetra is my main. I was floored when I got her event skin.

I hate how loot works in this game but her skin is so, so good.

The gun and even her teleporter is fucking gorgeous. I could stare at her gun all day, lol. Beautiful design.

sh1fty

I was really disappointed with the drop rates in my first 12-15 boxes or so, they were full of voice lines, sprays and icons. I did get the dances for Orisa, Bastion and Mercy.

Then in my last lootbox yesterday I got the event Hanzo skin, which is actually 1 of 2 skins I wanted from this event (the other is Cyborg 76). I have enough gold saved up to buy Soldier's if I don't get it in the next few weeks, so even though I think the lootboxes are terrible this event, I'll be able to walk away happy.

leaf_

The drop rate seems worse than ever, at least 10 boxes opened with 2 epics 0 legendary​ and a whole bunch of duplicated garbage.
I guess I can thank blizzard for this because it makes really easy to just give up and stop caring.

Swig_

This is by far and away the worst I've ever done for boxes in an Event. I've gotten zero skins and only 2 dances in all of the free boxes I've earned. I don't know if this is punishment because I got every single skin from the last event and they track somehow what you've earned?

IDK I planned on buying 50 boxes just as a thank you for the past year of Overwatch, but I'm reconsidering because my drop rate is so horrible I feel like I won't get shit

I'm in the same boat. I've opened about 20 boxes from the weekly arcade stuff and leveling up. I haven't had a legendary since before the event started. The only event stuff I've received, outside of sprays/icons, are three dance emotes.

I was lucky with the last event and got most of the skins, including a couple of dupe skins.

Toni

The gun and even her teleporter is fucking gorgeous. I could stare at her gun all day, lol. Beautiful design.

Slayyyy Queen :p

16842ed1b992983d201ecc0a80e4b3bc.jpg

Wii Tank

I swear they cranked down the odds of getting anything decent from loot boxes. I've probably opened 30 lootboxes just from playing and gotten one single dance. Everything else has been one or two blues, sometimes duplicate event items from the blues. The dances really should have been added to the regular loot pool. Frustrating that they cost so much and are seemingly impossible for me to get

Dude fuck this game. 7 boxes so far and all of them have been 3 duplicates and one new spray.
This is easily the worst "luck" I've ever had in this game.

LiK

Bought 50 boxes for PC since I won't be grinding there and I got 5 event legendaries. Jesus, this RNG is so much nicer to me on PC over console lol

These are the event skins I have got thus far: Hanzo, Pharah, D.Va, Mei and Tracer. I have enough to buy an additional one but will sit on it till the last day. Granted I did buy 50 loot boxes so that is why I got most of those skins. Right now it is a toss up between Sentai Genji, Oasis Symmetra and Cyborg 76 for my buy pick if it comes down to it. I am leaning towards Cyborg 76 since I play Soldier more than the other two.

Literally opened 9 boxes just today and got 0 yellow (not even old ones or coins) and 1 stupid purple (Solider's dance). That's it.

Absolutely pathetic.

MazeHaze

Banned
Literally opened 9 boxes just today and got 0 yellow (not even old ones or coins) and 1 stupid purple (Solider's dance). That's it.

Absolutely pathetic.
Yep. I bought 10 boxes and the only "good" stuff I got was dva and reapers dances. Everything else was dupes and event icons basically.

Never buying lootboxes again.

Edit: I've also earned about 8 lootboxes on top of the ones I bought, and still have jack shit. Not even ONE event skin.

So 18 boxes 2 dances and the rest all dupes, sprays, icons and voice lines.

Pilgrimzero

30 boxes and I've received of the new
Stuff of note:

Mercy dance
Zarya dance
Reaper dance
DVa dance
Widow dance
Phara skin X2
Genji skin

And enough gold (started with about 2K) to buy one skin and one dance if I want.

I think i've opened ~20 boxes (lol) since the event has started and i've only received one anniversary skin(the genji one which looks kinda cool but I never play as him)

I learned my lesson with hearthstone (which I did spend money on for packs when amazon ran a promotion a few years ago) and that lesson was don't spend money on this shit

Mr. Robot

Got the tracer skin yesterday and genjis a few days before, i think i have opened like 20 boxes since the event started.
also a bunch of voice lines from the event and the lucio and widow dances.

I just need that d.va, but got enough points to get her before the event ends.

Lynchian

What I got
Soldier 76
Symmetra
Hanzo
Genji
Lucio
Mei

What I NEED
D.Va
Tracer

Meh
Bastion (like the skin, don't play him)
Phara (I actually man her, don't like the skin)

Phu

Banned
The fact that all the skins are legendaries just means I'm bummed the moment a gold doesn't appear in the loot box opening animation. :/

Not sure how many boxes I've opened, haven't bought any but have been playing quite a bit. Probably about 15 I'd say, I've gotten four legendaries in the boxes and all but one were OLD! Last night I finally got an anniversary skin though, Symmetra's. She's my least favorite character to play, I'm just horrible with her, but the skin is really cool looking. Dva is my main so I'm hoping to get hers before the event ends, I've got 7k gold so if I don't get it I'll just buy it. Still can't believe I've gotten four yellow drops and only one of them was an even skin, though. That's just insane.

mas8705

You'd think that they would enable these skins and emotes to just be apart of the actual game rather than it be yet another "limited time" thing as we have seen. I admit that when I got a legendary skin that wasn't apart of the actual anniversary pack, I was ready to fold out.

These limited time deals are really getting under my skin and it makes me wonder why they can't just make these permanent, but just increase to cost to make them harder to earn instead. Overwatch definitely doesn't play towards the casual audience at times.

Top Bottom