• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

Oh ok, some day I'll have the urge to play PC more seriously. Just using it for PTR.

Chro is a godly Junk altho his playstyle is way different than mine. I tend to stick with the team and he's a loner who likes to flank on his own. Def worth watching some of his videos tho.

I've been learning some great advice from a high level Junkrat player named ProLikeChiro. The guy has some solid advice with his approach to the character, & it's worth a listen to.

Damn I have been having a lot of fun with Zarya lately. She just melts people at higher energy! Any tips for using her from you fancy schmancy dudes?

Zarya is at her strongest when you communicate with your teammates. For heroes that can perform AOE with their ultimate abilities (D.Va, Hanzo, Soldier 76, etc.), communicate with them so you can get the most out of Zarya's Graviton Surge.

Heroes who are also vulnerable to their ultimates (such as Pharah) can make great use of a brief shield, so toss one when they are doing their thing.

I find that spacing the usage of her shields (4-6 Seconds apart) is a good way to almost always have them on hand during a fight.

Too embarassed of PS4 gaf to invite us to games with your real human friends. I see how it is.

Yo what is this, why you calling me out!? You're like the only one in this thread that's played with me and my friends (rod, code_00, outrage, eezykill).

I don't mind inviting you guys but just know that every time I play with my friend (code_00), we end up breaking even or with a net loss(es)... so unless you want in on that action... be careful what you wish for!

Somehow despite my shitty performance on console, I am somehow still in diamond.

rulerk1

so ive been playing alot of Torb,Sym, Bastion, exclusively in QP (attack an KOTH too!). It seems like im doing so much but my team isnt really doing anything else. I might pick troll heroes but im at least PLAYING the game. people who peak around corners shooting at nothing, Snipers who do hit anything let alone kill them, and others who feed constantly. Like how is it fun to just not play the game and waste everyones time

Owzers

Yo what is this, why you calling me out!? You're like the only one in this thread that's played with me and my friends (rod, code_00, outrage, eezykill).

I don't mind inviting you guys but just know that every time I play with my friend (code_00), we end up breaking even or with a net loss(es)... so unless you want in on that action... be careful what you wish for!

Somehow despite my shitty performance on console, I am somehow still in diamond.

oh hey i dooooo remember those people, i friended two of them. Breaking even sounds good judging from recent comp outings. *not really supposed to be a call out but more internet joking*

I wouldnt mix gaf with my RL friends... aint nothing wrong with that imo.

I know. But its so out of place. I mean elimination works still. But CTF has no balance at all.
Its like they needed a gamemode. And they were like. Just do CTF. People know that.

I actually find it quite entertaining, cause it's a mode more about resources. How many resources are you willing to invest in attack and defense. That gameplay is fun. It's not balanced in that every hero combination works. half the characters are way more effective in that mode than the other half...but it's great fun in Arcade and can be chaotic at times.

Blues1990

I had a match where our Ana had no faith with our two DPS's, so he/she kept firing the Nano Boost dart at me (Zenyatta) and it won us the match.

I know the character has a ridiculous ammo pool and does pretty good damage with excellent range, but I don't think Zen is ALWAYS a good pick to be buffed. :/

LiK

Those are my IRL friends :(... who i used to play with all the time til they dropped the game. Now, all of a sudden that's all one of my friends wants to do...

Ramirez can have it to play with you guys... when I reset the password (I forgot what it was when I switched from my reg ps4 to pro). I haven't done the placements for this season, but should be high plat/low diamond.

So it's a dead account? Gonna delete it then.

Edit: well, Ramirez is in Comp and Deicide is in QP.

MG310

PS4 blog squad needs some more people, especially dps players until i become a doomfist main.

Around plat/diamond
mics?
only tells the team they are terrible once per round?

Friend request an Owzers

I have no mic but will tell you I am terrible at least once a match with my play.

I haven't actually played in about 3 weeks which is probably my longest gap since release

OMG FINALLY

2017-07-1721_48_51-ovp9sg7.png

and how close lol, exactly 3000

Congrats on getting diamond!

Ah, thanks. Looks good.

Not a problem. I'll let you know when it goes out of closed beta if you're interested.

HotS also makes me realize how bullshit Overwatch's placement system is. No matter what you end up a few hundred points below your previous rank in Overwatch. In HotS, my first time placing (last month) I scored low bronze. This time I got placed right into mid silver because I went 7-3. THAT makes sense. Not Overwatch's trash system.

Oasis, without a doubt.

It brings hope to the region, given current events happening in the world.

I like that one giant square area. But the other two feel like they could be a part of any map, wish they were both more Oasis-y. Would have loved some water on that level

Blues1990

I like that one giant square area. But the other two feel like they could be a part of any map, wish they were both more Oasis-y. Would have loved some water on that level

Between the City Center, Gardens, and the University, I love the Gardens area the most. The University is also pretty cool, especially with the spawn points that are experimenting with the anti-matter and Rosetta Stone-like tablet.

Blues1990

QP is more fun than Comp.

I find Mystery Heroes to be a lot more fun than neither, and I'm looking forward to the changes that mode will get in the future (no Hero Select Screen, never getting the same hero on repeat when you die/respawn, ultimates transferring to the next hero you get, etc.)

Dropped from 2450ish to 1900s.

Every other match a teammate leaves, of the rest it's shit like 4 DPS.

Blizzard need change so no loss for people who suffer from quitters.

dhlt25

OW made me realized why I'm not a big fan of team game. In 1v1, every time I lose I know it's my fault and I can look at the replay to see the area that needs improvement. OW just feel so random at times, one game I would be dominating everyone getting 4 gold and the next I would get steam rolled for no obvious reason. I would really help if blizzard give us a replay feature like in SC2

GG'S guys had to split cuz my kids were startin to get outta hand.

I was playin without even bein able to hear the tv lulz, it was tough enough bein that far outta my weight class.

Most fun games I've had in at least a week tho.

LiK

3 different teams with teabaggers. Stupid kids.

GG guys. QP was fun until we hit another stack that played it seriously.

carlos

3 different teams with teabaggers. Stupid kids.

GG guys. QP was fun until we hit another stack that played it seriously.

yeah I spectated that match of yours, eichenwalde, I think.
you guys had a full stack going by the time i logged on, maybe next time!

Veelk

Banned
So.....Winston.

Is he overpowered?

He's not a hero I play at all because I like very little of his gameplay. And I actually don't feel that he himself is particularly overpowered, since I usually kill him easily (as D.Va). I've definitely came across some really good Winston's that I had trouble handling, but it's not a ubiquitous condition like D.Va when she had 500 armor.

Still, it's getting kind of annoying how I see him literally every game I'm in. He's reached Pre-Nerf soldier levels of popularity where he's seemingly now a must pick tank.

Anne talked about how his cooldown starting at the moment that he laid it down was too strong a buff. I still don't know if I agreed with that, because having an usually 18 second cooldown for a character that barely does any damage feels kind of ridiculous. But now that he has it available every 12 seconds, there is a degree of him just spamming it without consequence.

Idk. It's weird because, like I said, I don't think he's overpowered in the traditional sense in that he dominates games. But he's so everpresent now that I'm not sure what to make of him.

Kiro

Don't worry ps4 squad. I'll be back in as a doomfist main in no time. Honestly I would be more active playing but a lot of ps4 players don't invite me or accept invites. It sucks to see 10 Gaffers online playing and I still end up solo queuing. Maybe this time will be different!

Afro

For some reason Zen is like the only character I can consistently headshot/kill Tracer on other than Soldier.

Truth lol.

I just recently converted from console to PC so I believe DPS chars should be left for all the CS vets who have been honing their mouse motor memory for a decade plus.

LiK

My aim was so bad today. I guess I was just extremely tired but it was QP so no biggie. Definitely didn't want to play Comp today.

Gritesh

I'm down like almost 700 SR this season from last and I'm just degrading further and further.

I get games with a lucio out dpsing a reaper type of bullshit now

MCD

My aim with Tracer is weird.

I can wipe out an entire team with her in some days. I had like 26 kill streak two days ago with her.

Other days I have like...5 eliminations top.

What the shit?

My aim with Tracer is weird.

I can wipe out an entire team with her in some days. I had like 26 kill streak two days ago with her.

Other days I have like...5 eliminations top.

What the shit?

just inconsistent.

you're just streaky. Just like some basketball players can shoot lights out one game, another game they missing everything.

samething happens to me with Mcree. just need more practice to be more consistent.

Owzers

Good soloq run to get me back to my 3000s homeland. 58 gold elims Winston game on Illios and I'm calling it.

On the downside I jumped to my death and tried to ult and jump back and died wasting my ult. Again. Also didn't get that many boops yet killed people in ult form.

My aim was so bad today. I guess I was just extremely tired but it was QP so no biggie. Definitely didn't want to play Comp today.

Yeah, what is that exactly? I'm late so I adjust and then I'm early. I lead too much and I correct, but now I'm behind. Why is hard to dial in some days?

Not a huge deal, I don't have to play Zen when DVa and Winston are easier, no-aim options, but it has always befuddled me. I just want to put my balls on people's faces, why is that so hard some days?

MCD

just inconsistent.

you're just streaky. Just like some basketball players can shoot lights out one game, another game they missing everything.

samething happens to me with Mcree. just need more practice to be more consistent.

Every comp game folks instant lock Genji and Tracer. Can't practice when I am always going D.VA or Lucio these days.

Filling roles :(

Top Bottom