• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

New Mercy buff on PTR, her gun is now duct-taped to the staff.

aDmJrC4.png

just kidding, it's a bug

Make this a reality!

LiK

Thanks for all your responses. I'll just turn team chat off, and make sure not to let people bother me.

That's the way to do it. I even turned off PSN messages from non-friends. Some dudes use that to get through. Not worth it. I don't need to feel tilted from some random stranger I will never see ever again.

What I can handle, from best to worst is:

1) Mercy: While I am careful to watch out for snipers, shot junkrat's wheel on time (I wonder if 5.1 would help), remember to stay covered and never run to the point alone after getting killed (sometimes the whole team gets obliterated as soon as I arrive and I have to run from 50% of the team, I can do it. My mercy deaths are usually due to being unable to flee.

2) D'Va: I can handle her better than Bastion, although I tend to forget that sometimes the barrier is more important than the guns. Some issues launching the ult on time, that maybe I should activate on 0 HP, or when we need to clean the point.

3) Lucio: Sometimes I feel that his healing is not enough when we are under heavy fire, plus teammates not paying attention to the range. I use him mostly on maps where I can push people. Basic wall crawling skills. If a mercy does the healing and I keep speeding up the team, results can be really good.

4) Soldier 76: Very mediocre, and depends a lot on the day. I started arm aiming very recently and I can't track well skilled fast enemies (like tracer, which is my absolute nightmare). Still better than using Tracer, too fast and tricky for me.

Was out of town and had limited internet access. Sorry.

1) If your hardware supports it, run 5.1. Don't see why you wouldn't. What you're describing by the way is some good Mercy mechanics. Pretty much avoiding all the things that you shouldn't do. There are some circumstances where you may aggressively go to the point even when it is in overtime or trying to contest it. I usually avoid these situations and just hope someone will be up. Although the game sometimes calls for you to contest. Just really depends on the game.

3) Lucio is really viable. I'd practice him some more. His beats can change a fight. You also get it extremely fast if the payload is being stalled or during overtime. I won quite a few games in overtime just constantly spamming boost+heal.

Wish I could comment on other heroes but I'm a support main. Basically a Mercy one trick who flex picks Lucio and very rarely Ana.

If you wanna talk about Mercy, lemme know. I'm sort of in high elo with her. Been playing her since day one of the game!

One problem with mercy is that most of the time too much time passes between deaths and I can't get it to two revivals on an ult. Sometimes I find hard to decide if I want to revive the deceased asap (maybe if we are talking about the only tank), or if things are still not critical and it's ok to spare it.

These are game sense that you learn when playing her more often. You'll eventually decide when to tempo res the fight. You'll eventually grasp when you know your res won't even change the fights. A lot of this can be improved on by focusing on enemy team ultimates and your own team's ultimates. Have you looked at seeing high elo Mercy players play her? I know there's a couple on Twitch I want. I could link you to them if you're interested!

New Mercy buff on PTR, her gun is now duct-taped to the staff.

aDmJrC4.png

just kidding, it's a bug

Dang this bug has been around for a long time. Always consistent on the fifth round of control maps.

TrueBlue

I'm not saying the mode is perfect, but I definitely prefer it to Quick Play. At least it encourages people to get out of their comfort zone and work with you.

Six.

Ah well. Just one of those days. It's a fun mode, just frustrating that there always seems to be one godly hero on the other team.

AngryMoth

Had my first experience of a thrower on PS4. Guy picked torb and sat outside spawn emoting the whole match. Hope Blizz can find a way to fix that shit.

MCD

Whenever I play with a certain Hanzo main friend I lose.

He is a great Hanzo main but I am fed up. I don't want Hanzo in every match.

Told him to switch but nope. Oh boy.

Nimby

Banned
I can't believe it but gaming side are actually suggesting kb/m is totally ok on console OW.

Jesus Christ.

Gaming side is a glorified Reddit most of the time, although most would scoff at that it's actually kinda true.

I wish they would just allow native kb/m support. I'd definitely be on board with that.

MCD

Sounds like you need a new friend.

I don't know what happened. He was such an amazing Zarya main. I guess when you get these headshots with Hanzo you go Hanzo only.

I don't mind KB/M support just do it like Gears: separate social list or something.

Fugu

Thanks for all your responses. I'll just turn team chat off, and make sure not to let people bother me.
Please don't do this. This is a team game in which co-ordination pays dividends. If you turn off team chat you make it very difficult for your teammates to communicate with you, which is a significant handicap.

If people are being toxic, mute them, but don't mute the whole chat.

EDIT: Unless you're in QP. Nobody cares about QP.

antitrop

Oh, I just noticed you have a bunch of Top 500 players playing with you and the enemy team. :D

That's a hell of a win with fighting against some of the best the game can offer.
Super and Voll from my team are also pros on LG Evil. Super carried that game pretty hard, had like ~65% kill participation.

Fuck yeah

You as Lucio and your D.Va peeled really well vs Danteh. I wish we can have good D.Vas; people complain about her but few people play her properly and show how unfun she is for DPS players when she shuts them down.

Danteh and xQc did recognize the D.Va from their previous three matches. She was on Danteh in all matches; he should have went Sombra or Tracer+Soldier which they did later on.

Nimby

Banned
You as Lucio and your D.Va peeled really well vs Danteh. I wish we can have good D.Vas; people complain about her but few people play her properly and show how unfun she is for DPS players when she shuts them down.

Danteh and xQc did recognize the D.Va from their previous three matches. She was on Danteh in all matches; he should have went Sombra or Tracer+Soldier which they did later on.

Their Mercy main was, well... a Mercy main.

Blues1990

The only thing that I ask is for her to have a split 300 HP/300 Armour, but she's otherwise fine.

No matter how many good teammates I get, they never want to party up because they are afraid of "stacked matchmaking"

Its really disappointing

Veelk

Banned
The only thing that I ask is for her to have a split 300 HP/300 Armour, but she's otherwise fine.

I'd prefer to have her old 400 Armor/100 HP healthbar back. I think at 600 is just kinda large for her and gives her more survivability than she needs.

So, out of curiousity, how many games does it take everyone on average to get their 3 arcade boxes? Last week it took 58 games, and starting today I'm already roughly 13 losses to 3 wins, and stuff like that seems to norm for me.

So, out of curiousity, how many games does it take everyone on average to get their 3 arcade boxes? Last week it took 58 games, and starting today I'm already roughly 13 losses to 3 wins, and stuff like that seems to norm for me.

Jesus.

I played 6 games of mystery, won 5 in a row then lost the 6th.

I usually get 2 wins back to back, then the 3rd win usually takes 2-4 tries.

I always leave after one game tho win or lose, then q back up if I'm solo.

LiK

58?! i think maybe 10 games at most for me.

Doesn't take me that long when I do them. Maybe 15?

Top Bottom