• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Shredderi

Curious. Why does some people start talking shit about my rank in QP? I'm in plat around 2700 and I don't play comp aside from the placements, ever, at all. If they take the time to check out my rank in my account shouldn't they also see the extremely low playtime I have in comp? It's just a weird thing to point out, especially if they are much higher in SR yet lose to me in QP.

If you've ever felt bad about losing to Sym/Torb/Orisa, don't worry, Grandmasters can barely beat it either. They have the 3 highest win rates of any heroes in GM. Zenyatta is 4th.

cy3qXV5.png

Easier to have a higher winrate with a smaller sample. Variance

So, question to players who've messed with their aiming settings (particularly console):

Do you have different sensitivity for different heroes?

Or is universality preferable to not mess up your aim when switching between characters?
I feel like you need different settings for heroes, due to the nature of aim assist

Tfw you didn't hold alt fire long enough to take out sleeping tracer she wakes up to recall and gets nano. RIP. Glad we won. Would have gotten shitted on lol

By default for all characters it's 25 ho. 20 vert
100/100/100/20 AA.

Ana is 35/30. 100/100/100/25 AA
Lucio is 25/20. 60/100/70/40 for AA
Zen is 25/20. 100/100/100/20 for AA

Talonz

Personally I feel he's basically just admitting they don't want to take any further steps like other games have other than their report system.

I'm all for spreading positivity, but he is talking about the Internet. The reality is that it's just not going to happen. 90% of the toxicity is in Competitive, and if they want to relieve the toxicity that they need to work on SR and CP. The SR system just isn't fun at all and then compound that with the CP grind. The lower your rank the more CP you have to grind and it just furthers the toxicity. They really need to extend the rewarding of CP to Quickplay. I've seen bronze level players with golden guns so the exclusivity of them are out the window. There is nothing I can do if Simon wants to throw or if Timmy gets mad because he doesn't get to play his Widowmaker or Bob gets tilted because he's going to take a huge SR loss because his team has five instalock DPS and is going to lose. It really is up to them to make the game less frustrating. They made this game and it's up to them to fix it. It's like they are willingly ignoring the elephant in the room.

Another idea they think about is to bring back avoid player and change it so it still allows the person join your game, but only on the other team then use their new and improved report system to further weed out players.

Mr Git

So, question to players who've messed with their aiming settings (particularly console):

Or is universality preferable to not mess up your aim when switching between characters?

I have highest for dva so I can do stupid aerobics. Most are the same though. I used to have high for Tracer but notched it down a bit as it was sometimes too chaotic on a controller. Aim is slightly better but I'm not as good with her :c

Just had a 6 maybe 7 win streak in comp and decided to have a break before it got bleak.

He mentions wanting to add systems in the game that promote positivity so maybe something with the post-match cards? After you earn a certain amount of up-votes you get a loot box or something? Remove the option to vote for yourself, obviously, and make those cards more meaningful.

Probably a positive reporting system to go with the negative one. I've heard people mention that other games use this to some success.

Veelk

Banned
Just had an entire match of Quickplay where it was 5v6. We held out for a long time too, but apparently no single player in the entire US was looking for a QP match :/

Next match is even worse because everyone refuses to go healer.

Quickplay is such complete and utter horseshit.

Edit: I ended up tilting and taking the healer spot myself as mercy only to intentionally not heal anyone halfway through the game.

I end up with both gold damage and eliminations.

I want to cry.

Just had an entire match of Quickplay where it was 5v6. We held out for a long time too, but apparently no single player in the entire US was looking for a QP match :/

Edit: I ended up tilting and taking the healer spot myself as mercy only to intentionally not heal anyone halfway through the game.

I want to cry.

Now all I can picture is you as Battle Mercy ulting with the new ult, flying around the battlefield looking for Soldier. And then spawn-camping the mofo when he respawns.

Veelk

Banned
Now all I can picture is you as Battle Mercy ulting with the new ult, flying around the battlefield looking for Soldier. And then spawn-camping the mofo when he respawns.

Ask Owzers about that time I killed Soldier in our play session today. He can attest that my Soldier Hate remains as strong as ever.

But I'm personally looking more forward to 1v1ing Soldiers as D.Va now. "Oh, you wanna shoot 3 rockets at me? I GOT 18 FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKER"

Also, Aim Smoothing was a big help when I was using exponetial ramp, but today I found out it's worthless with Dual Zone. I turned that down to zero, and HOLY CHRIST ON A PIZZA STICK, IT"S SO MUCH BETTER

I swear, my accuracy doubled with this change. I went from dying as tracer over and over and over to eating folks alive. I used McCree in Deathmatch and only lost by 1, when I couldn't use McCree for shit before. If anyone is using Dual Zone and still has Aim Smoothing turned on at all, I recommend turning it off and trying it out.

Also, Aim Smoothing was a big help when I was using exponetial ramp, but today I found out it's worthless with Dual Zone. I turned that down to zero, and HOLY CHRIST ON A PIZZA STICK, IT"S SO MUCH BETTER

I swear, my accuracy doubled with this change. I went from dying as tracer over and over and over to eating folks alive. I used McCree in Deathmatch and only lost by 1, when I couldn't use McCree for shit before. If anyone is using Dual Zone and still has Aim Smoothing turned on at all, I recommend turning it off and trying it out.

Wait, seriously? Shit, I've been on Dual with 100% smoothing, like a suck. Damn it.
(Okay, serious talk- I can't aim for shit, but I love having excuses for it besides "extreme old age", so thanks.)

Curious. Why does some people start talking shit about my rank in QP? I'm in plat around 2700 and I don't play comp aside from the placements, ever, at all. If they take the time to check out my rank in my account shouldn't they also see the extremely low playtime I have in comp? It's just a weird thing to point out, especially if they are much higher in SR yet lose to me in QP.
It's just shitty people with shitty egos. You'd think Blizzard would actually know that publicly surfacing that info so easily in-game for others to see would be a bad idea considering how that stuff historically goes, but alas.

HiiiLife

This is the best game ever when team comp and communication is active.

It's also the worst when people play like selfish toxic assholes.

Only Overwatch.

NeoRaider

Are they seriously using toxicity as excuse for slow development and content drop?

Why did they launch the game on consoles without reporting system? That's elementary.

2 players yesterday cheating by hiding INSIDE the wall on point A on horizon map. Is this a known thing or something?

Anyway, the new report function on PS4.. i thought, awesome i can report for cheating.

both times. "Unable to send a report at this time".

OK thanks Blizz!! Does anyone know if the report function actually even sends??

fourfourtwo

Neo Member
2 players yesterday cheating by hiding INSIDE the wall on point A on horizon map. Is this a known thing or something?

Anyway, the new report function on PS4.. i thought, awesome i can report for cheating.

both times. "Unable to send a report at this time".

OK thanks Blizz!! Does anyone know if the report function actually even sends??

I think there's an exploit using Mei's ice wall that's going around that lets people get inside walls and such.

And I'm pretty sure the report system works, a few friends all reported another friend for shits and giggles (on PS4).

Tracer is highest (compared to others, no max settings), Winston is quite high as is Sym (because barely need aim), Widow and Hanzo are unique but I barely play them anyway, I think everyone else is uniform.

I adjust aim assist hitbox size for various heroes but I cannot recall who and what.

"blah blah blah we aren't responsible for the toxicity in the game blah blah blah but we kind of are so we are going to try to fix things blah blah blah but we actually don't tell you how exactly we are going to fix things"

"I've said mean things on the internet" - Jeff Kaplan

^^^^^
Genji's ult is OP instagib highlight reel nonsense and frankly his camera should flip when he's doing all that double jump bullshit.

Except we all know if he did flip during it there'd been some uniquely Genji positive quirk like "if he swings his sword mid flip the hitbox of the blade extends around his entire being in one big circle twice as long as the actual visible blade".
Oh and his own hitbox shrinks further in the flip animation.

JWiLL

Banned
Genji's ult is OP instagib highlight reel nonsense and frankly his camera should flip when he's doing all that double jump bullshit.

Do people still feel this way? His ult is really easy to shut down now...and all it takes is a well timed Lucio boop when he has no dash reset to make it a complete waste.

Getting a 2+ kill Blade without a grav combo takes quite a bit of skill at Master and above at least.

Schlep

every time i inch closer to diamond on ps4. there's always a duo where they are trying to boost a gold player..

Ran into this yesterday while unintentionally helping an internet friend up to diamond. Fortunately the couple golds we ran into did ok, my friend's Mercy is on point, and my Orisa is more and more dominant every day.

I'd suggest duo q'ing.

Jellie

I want to cry.

Should've just gone soldier tbh. He can dps and heal.

Top Bottom