• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Prelude.

Nooooooooooo, what the hell have they done to my D.Va?! Her defense matrix goes away in a flash, it's totally useless now. Some added missile ability does not make up for such an extreme nerf.

I didn't complain when they nerfed her before, but this is just taking the piss now. This is the pain people must feel when their treasured main is revamped for the worse.
She's actually more fun to play now, eating ults can feel rewarding because some skill is involved.

Mr Git

Nooooooooooo, what the hell have they done to my D.Va?! Her defense matrix goes away in a flash, it's totally useless now. Some added missile ability does not make up for such an extreme nerf.

I didn't complain when they nerfed her before, but this is just taking the piss now. This is the pain people must feel when their treasured main is revamped for the worse.

Feel pretty similar really. My comp this season is gonna be fucked as she was my go-to and it's gonna take ages to change habits. Boosty shooting is great but finding myself mauled quickly afterwards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/7189bq/im_gaining_insane_sr_with_new_mercy/

pls tell me why I should play other heroes and not just holding rez on CD when I manage to instalock mercy?

And here I thought they fixed that shit. Ugh.

Oh well I wanna try new Mercy so might as well get some awesome SR while I'm at it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I've always just used melee to cancel D.Va boost for the boop-melee combo. It's weird to me that everyone's having trouble with it.

Yeah I've always melee cancelled the boost so I don't foresee having trouble with it.

Will probably be on tonight to test out new changes and Junkertown.

Halloween event when?

zbarron

I'm loving the new Dva. I'm a Dva main and have been holding off getting her gold weapon afraid that the update would break her, just like Rein was removed from the meta right after I got his gold weapon. I've always played her more aggressively so the changes fit my play style well. You have to be really conservative with your DM usage and save it for when you really need it. Now it seems more like a Zarya bubbles than a Rein shield in it's usage. I also love that the missiles help with one of her biggest weaknesses which is long range damage.

I am still getting used to cancelling flying with the shift key and she moves so fast it's hard to aim when flying. It's fun to hit e fly straight at a person holding left click and then meleeing when you get to them. This will probably be her ner combo similar to Genji's.

Also the new Mercy buff and her being used every round has been a real help to my Dva'ing. Dva makes a good healing target for her and several of my matches on Junkertown I've ended with stats like 17 kills and 1 death, with them not moving the cart to the first checkpoint.

I definitely agree hit and run is best right now. Pick out your target, deal damage and if you get low boost off toward your healer or a health pack, then you can boost right back into the fight.

Here was my Play of the Game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqyMyOeU74&feature=youtu.be
From looking at this she now plays more like the TF2's Pyro. Her main weapon is like the flamethrower in it's mechanics, the micro missiles are like the flare gun, and the defense matrix being more for short bursts is similar to the airblast.

BigDug13

What a ridiculous oversight. They knew rezzes counted for more SR. How did no one check SR gains on new Mercy before pushing the patch.

paperlynx

Part of the SR gains is that they're comparing current rezzes to Mercy from last week, so for now Mercy gains will be massive but hopefully will stabilise

Time to boost myself from Gold back to Platinum...

Not like I haven't been Platinum every season but this one.

Nah I'm not salty at all at solo queue matchmaking.

Can some kind soul point me in the direction of a list that features all the new changes made please? Thank you. I know about D.Va and Mercy, but that's it.

Edit - Cheers!

Schlep

Time to boost myself from Gold back to Platinum...

Not like I haven't been Platinum every season but this one.

Nah I'm not salty at all at solo queue matchmaking.

In gold and plat, especially, you have to be very aware of where your team is deficient and fill that need. Either that or be so stupid good at your best hero that you carry everyone. I've been playing so much Orisa and Hog on my alt plat. Orisa because they die too fast, and I'll get 35k or some other nonsense damage blocked. Hog because they can't push payload unless I hook someone into the death ball to be mutilated and creating space every minute or so with whole hog (also so I can heal myself and let the healer do work on other people).

Since I started flexing to the team needs, as opposed to playing my best hero, I've had about an 80% winrate. Somewhere around low to mid-diamond this changes to where you're not having to cover as much for teammates doing dumb things, and instead need to concentrate on your role. My experience, anyway.

I love D.Va in every way. Her voice, her look, her emotes, everything. She was my very first "main".

But that "bang" that she keeps saying EVERY SINGLE TIME her rockets are fired is the most annoying shit.

She's not even saying it with emotion. It's not "BANG!" it's just a languid "bang".

bang
bang
bang

So bad.

randome

Yeah, they need to add more voice lines for the rockets or something. Holy hell I must hear that a thousand times a match. Especially when it’s our dva vs theirs. “BANG BANG BABG!!!” Ahh!

In gold and plat, especially, you have to be very aware of where your team is deficient and fill that need. Either that or be so stupid good at your best hero that you carry everyone. I've been playing so much Orisa and Hog on my alt plat. Orisa because they die too fast, and I'll get 35k or some other nonsense damage blocked. Hog because they can't push payload unless I hook someone into the death ball to be mutilated and creating space every minute or so with whole hog (also so I can heal myself and let the healer do work on other people).

Since I started flexing to the team needs, as opposed to playing my best hero, I've had about an 80% winrate. Somewhere around low to mid-diamond this changes to where you're not having to cover as much for teammates doing dumb things, and instead need to concentrate on your role. My experience, anyway.

See this is why playing Mercy for now will work fine, because lately in my Plat / Gold matches I'm just getting the typical 4 DPS 1 Tank comp and everyone complains about no healers...

I can flex pick and have 2 characters for each role I can play at a Plat level, so I don't mind filling in. I've just had some horrid luck this season with matches. I was saying before that around 3 out of 5 matches will be decided by DC or thrower, and the other two are actual good matches.

Yeah, they need to add more voice lines for the rockets or something. Holy hell I must hear that a thousand times a match. Especially when it's our dva vs theirs. ”BANG BANG BABG!!!" Ahh!

should have it say pew pew pew instead.

also in Valkyrie mode. it's multi chain? like it can link up all your teammates that are around ? idk why i thought it was a max of 2.

That would've made more sense, tbh

or boost + rocket she makes raspberry sound lol.

also i was watching sty's mercy video. did blizz really not give all the details for Valkyrie in the hero skill page?

they are missing the reduced CD on res, the chain among other things.

I hate how this game is becoming more DPS-centric. Mercy is now a DPS with her ult, flying around and shooting people. Dva's changes make her more of a DPS and less of a damage sponge. The other team can focus Dva and she is dead almost immediately now.

I hate how this game is becoming more DPS-centric. Mercy is now a DPS with her ult, flying around and shooting people. Dva's changes make her more of a DPS and less of a damage sponge. The other team can focus Dva and she is dead almost immediately now.

Lol what

The problem with the game in the previous patch was nothing dying because of Dva.

Mercy shooting what? She was a heal bot before. This is a good change.

Dva was a DM bot. She was boring to play. Go ask any Dva main who isn't bronze like you and they will tell you Dva is more fun now.

And lol what? How do you die with 600hp with armor and DM? Of course you will die if you get focused; that is the point of the game: you create space, focus priority targets or out of position people like you, and win dps race.

Schlep

See this is why playing Mercy for now will work fine, because lately in my Plat / Gold matches I'm just getting the typical 4 DPS 1 Tank comp and everyone complains about no healers...

I can flex pick and have 2 characters for each role I can play at a Plat level, so I don't mind filling in. I've just had some horrid luck this season with matches. I was saying before that around 3 out of 5 matches will be decided by DC or thrower, and the other two are actual good matches.

Rough if it's actually 3 out of 5. I almost never flex support (outside of Sym) at plat and especially didn't at gold. The DPS usually doesn't do enough damage, and die a lot. The tanks get mutilated because a) they're bad tanks, and b) the DPS is off playing Call of Duty instead of with the team. Because of that, playing Mercy is such a bad experience at that level. No fucks given by your team if you're getting harassed constantly and you spend your entire time healing people who can't hit the broad side of a barn. If the SR system benefits you, though, at least that helps through the pain.

Lol what

The problem with the game in the previous patch was nothing dying because of Dva.

Mercy shooting what? She was a heal bot before. This is a good change.

Dva was a DM bot. She was boring to play. Go ask any Dva main who isn't bronze like you and they will tell you Dva is more fun now.

And lol what? How do you die with 600hp with armor and DM? Of course you will die if you get focused; that is the point of the game: you create space, focus priority targets or out of position people like you, and win dps race.

1v4 will always be a thing.

caesar

Banned

If anyone is using mercy ult to fly around and shoot people, they are bad at the hero and using super sub-optimally.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
All 12 Overwatch League Season 1 teams have been announced.

https://overwatchleague.com/en-gb/news/21047516

-Seoul (Lunatic Hai)
-Shanghai
-London (Cloud 9)
-New York (LW Blue)
-Boston
-Philadelphia
-Miami (Misfits)
-Dallas (EnVyUs)
-Houston (OpTic)
-San Francisco (NRG)
-Los Angeles (Immortals)
-Los Angeles

I put org names and rosters if applicable up there.
I can easily see LH, LW Blue, and Envyus just stomping everyone except for each other. There's a huge gap between them and everyone else listed.

I wonder if Shanghai is any good?

Top Bottom