• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

antitrop

so Mercy's res only give you partial HP? that or the other team decided to focus the person i res lol.
also i'm glad her ult charge quick. gives the team a fun fight and that i can just fly around lol.

and i still need to remember she has a res button now.

It still works the same for the person getting Rez'd as it did before. They have the same amount of invincibility frames as Mercy used to have when she was rez'ing before the patch.

GMs out there: Why is Emongg not getting a look from OWL teams? Does he talk too much? Is the "Roadhog Main" label accepted as fact, even though he's a pretty good tank flex? I'm really confused, because he seems perfect for OWL, and a good guy to have around as a teammate.

Also, I think I'm going to root for whatever team picks up Custa.

hypernima

Banned
Watching Overwatch streams, I've increasing noticed a lot of times where chat always blames the streamer's team, even when the streamer is obviously playing bad.

This is especially enhanced when there's a Mercy player on the streamers team.

Getting used to flying around as Mercy during Valkyrie form is going to take some getting used to with a controller. Definitely slammed into walls a few times while trying to fly towards a Rez. Also I started playing and didn't realize that for whatever reason the game had decided to not map the new Rez ability to any button so I spent the first few minutes wondering why I couldn't Rez anyone.

Junkertown seems like a pretty fun map, although it's going to take some getting used to. The starting area is super open compared to the other payload maps so I'm interested to see where the best initial points will be to hold. Last point is going to be an interesting one to hold as the loop around makes it seem like that if the defense gets a full hold, they can move pretty far forward and not have to worry about too much flanking. Also it seems like the defensive spawns are slightly further away from anywhere useful but it could be because I don't know all the ins and outs of the hallways yet.

Haven't gotten to really try D.Va yet in a good match, but I want to get some practice in with the new her before I try and use her in competitive again.

antitrop

GMs out there: Why is Emongg not getting a look from OWL teams? Does he talk too much? Is the "Roadhog Main" label accepted as fact, even though he's a pretty good tank flex? I'm really confused, because he seems perfect for OWL, and a good guy to have around as a teammate.

I've played with Emongg twice in Comp and he was one of the best teammates I've ever had. Good comms, good play, good attitude.

As far as the pro scene, I won't pretend to know anything about his reputation behind the scenes, but he seems like a great guy from what little exposure to him I've had.

RemiLP

Why cant blizzard just admit that there is no way they can come up with a fair performanced based sr loss/gain system. Its pretty much impossible with a complex game like OW. Just go with a pure ELO based SR system, no performance factor.

Mercy sr gains are broken AF now. its turning me in to a OTP, just so i can gain SR.

Why is Emongg not getting a look from OWL teams?

There are so many pros LFT. teams have been closing down left and right for months now. the marked is flooded with OW pros.

Veelk

Banned
Has cancer comp become way better in this last patch? On consoles?

I've been consistently losing to the Torb-Sym-Bastion combo because my team can't ever crack it. I counter one thing, get countered by another.

Of course it doesn't help when people make shitty choices. Yeah, go bastion on attack against the comp that has shielding up the ass with turrets that autotarget you the moment you come into view.

But it's getting annoying as fuck. I guess this is what happens when this when everything isn't dive comp :/

Teams that look dominant against one set of teams can look tottally different against another set.

LH isn't really going through a rough patch. They are fine. Their Best player didn't even play the last series for whatever reason.

Can't say much on LW Blue since they sat out of Season 4 APEX.

I'm not going to let envyus have those excuses, every pro is burnt out on overwatch most likely.

I don't really disagree on the other stuff, but in no way is Whoru the best player on Lunatic Hai. He's either 5th or 6th best depending on the meta.

Emongg is a good, but not great player. He's probably getting looked at but only as a sub. If he show enough flexibility in his hero pool, I do think he will be able to get in.

Custa is a monster, he's gonna get in for sure. No idea what team though.

stupid GA speed. shot me across the bridge and i was calling for my hog to peek so i can fly back up. RIP.
could have won that match too.

when i have valkyrie up. i notice some mercy wait to use theirs. like when i pop it you going to get shot down if you don't even try to use it yourself.

Has cancer comp become way better in this last patch? On consoles?

I've been consistently losing to the Torb-Sym-Bastion combo because my team can't ever crack it. I counter one thing, get countered by another.

Of course it doesn't help when people make shitty choices. Yeah, go bastion on attack against the comp that has shielding up the ass with turrets that autotarget you the moment you come into view.

But it's getting annoying as fuck. I guess this is what happens when this when everything isn't dive comp :/

Well D.Va was a huge part in eliminating the frustration of cancer comps, at least on console, since she was eating the Bastion/turret/Orisa shots allowing people to close the gap. Without her DM it's possible that those types of comps can run more rampant, especially against uncoordinated teams.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sorry if I went overboard calling somone platchat. You know how the salt goes with this game.
I really like the new map
I like nu-Hog more than original Hog
Tracer is still broken
I hope Sombra gets a Halloween skin

fin

Veelk

Banned
Well D.Va was a huge part in eliminating the frustration of cancer comps, at least on console, since she was eating the Bastion/turret/Orisa shots allowing people to close the gap. Without her DM it's possible that those types of comps can run more rampant, especially against uncoordinated teams.

I formally submit that D.Va's Defense Matrix ought to be fully reverted to what it was.

But keep the Micro Missiles, those are nice.

Blues1990

I formally submit that D.Va's Defense Matrix ought to be fully reverted to what it was.

But keep the Micro Missiles, those are nice.

Just turn down the number of times she says "Bang!" With two D.Va's, it can get quickly annoying when both of them spout Bang every 8 seconds. Hell, give her something else to say, such as "Pew Pew Pew" or "Micro-Missiles Activate". Just something to lessen the sound of D.Va saying "Bang!" when she fires her missiles.

I don't really disagree on the other stuff, but in no way is Whoru the best player on Lunatic Hai. He's either 5th or 6th best depending on the meta.

Emongg is a good, but not great player. He's probably getting looked at but only as a sub. If he show enough flexibility in his hero pool, I do think he will be able to get in.

Custa is a monster, he's gonna get in for sure. No idea what team though.

I'm not worried about Custa at all. He's a beast Zen, and just decided last month to learn Lucio. Now he's a beast as Lucio too. And it's obvious he has at least one offer already, from how he stopped talking about OWL on stream unless prodded.

Emongg though has admitted on stream that he can't even get an OWL team to talk to him. Custa seemed very surprised when he heard, and told him what you said- he'll get a reserve spot at the least.

Veelk

Banned
Just turn down the number of times she says "Bang!" With two D.Va's, it can get quickly annoying when both of them spout Bang every 8 seconds. Hell, give her something else to say, such as "Pew Pew Pew" or "Micro-Missiles Activate". Just something to lessen the sound of D.Va saying "Bang!" when she fires her missiles.
Wierd, because she doesn't say it every time I use the ability.

But you know what voice line they could tone down the frequency of?

"I've got a feeling they got a

s h iii e l d g e n e r a t o r"

I'm not worried about Custa at all. He's a beast Zen, and just decided last month to learn Lucio. Now he's a beast as Lucio too. And it's obvious he has at least one offer already, from how he stopped talking about OWL on stream unless prodded.

Emongg though has admitted on stream that he can't even get an OWL team to talk to him. Custa seemed very surprised when he heard, and told him what you said- he'll get a reserve spot at the least.

It's still early and good off-tanks are at a premium. I think he's got a good shot.

I don't know if he can play D.Va or Zarya though, it would help a lot if he could.

Gorillaz

I'm sorry if I went overboard calling somone platchat. You know how the salt goes with this game.
Tracer is still broken

fin
I just assume everyone in here is platchat until otherwise

There is maybe like 5 or 10 people in here that aren't and you can tell at times with the way they talk about the game or obviously have clips of themselves.

In fact most of OW is plat or high gold anyway so it doesn't matter

uh, i never said whoru was their best player? where the hell did you see that? I said in their last match, which was against meta athena I believe, I said they sat their best player. which is ryujehong.

uh, i never said whoru was their best player? where the hell did you see that? I said in their last match, which was against meta athena I believe, I said they sat their best player. which is ryujehong.

Oh fuck I forgot that happened, my mistake. I went straight to DPS in my head because they have been rotating them in and out.

I mean yeah I do still think they are the best team in the world lol, just not unbeatable for some of the western teams.

Tracer is still broken

fin
You like "nu-Hog" because you hate the character. lol

He's shit.

Blues1990

Wierd, because she doesn't say it every time I use the ability.

But you know what voice line they could tone down the frequency of?

"I've got a feeling they got a

s h iii e l d g e n e r a t o r"

Oh god, don't remind me. When playing Mei, hearing her say "Hey, they have a Teleporter. Help me find it." had driven me up the wall. Or any of the heroes that constantly mention some combination of Shield Generator/Teleporter.

Veelk

Banned
Oh god, don't remind me. When playing Mei, hearing her say "Hey, they have a Teleporter. Help me find it." had driven me up the wall. Or any of the heroes that constantly mention some combination of Shield Generator/Teleporter.

Yeah. At this point, I hunt it down less because it helps win the game and more just so everyone would shut up about it.

Veelk

Banned
Roadhog has been my best hero in the past and I was real mad when he got nerfed.

I actually think he's in a pretty decent spot right now, he's even been seeing a substantial increase in use in pro play.

Mechanically, he's closer to being balanced, but he looks so stupid. His gun animation speed just looks wacky, and none of his visual design makes any more sense with being a tickling, air huffing fat target.

And yeah, a lot of the fun came from being a one shot danger on the battlefield. It was a powerful trick, but it was his only one, and he was a big ult battery otherwise, so you had to play him well for him to be worthwhile. That made him balanced and really fun. He was the scariest character in the game, because you constantly had to watch out for him or else you'd be in danger.

Even if he fits into the game better with his huffing on the move ability, he's still less fun than old Hog.

randome

Holy crap playing as pharah is exhilarating. Most of the time no one even bothers to shoot at you, and if they do they miss. Such a cheap character. Much fun.

Mechanically, he's closer to being balanced, but he looks so stupid. His gun animation speed just looks wacky, and none of his visual design makes any more sense with being a tickling, air huffing fat target.

And yeah, a lot of the fun came from being a one shot danger on the battlefield. It was a powerful trick, but it was his only one, and he was a big ult battery otherwise, so you had to play him well for him to be worthwhile. That made him balanced and really fun. He was the scariest character in the game, because you constantly had to watch out for him or else you'd be in danger.

Even if he fits into the game better with his huffing on the move ability, he's still less fun than old Hog.

I don't disagree, but it's also important to mention that his role is slightly different now. Like he can actually be a front line tank now.

Post it.

Anything above 0 is an increase, right?

Yeah, but that's why I said substantial lol

exYle

Roadhog has been my best hero in the past and I was real mad when he got nerfed.

I actually think he's in a pretty decent spot right now, he's even been seeing a substantial increase in use in pro play.

So when people were critical of his 50% dmg reduction while healing buff, what do you feel they were incorrectly focused on? Or did you believe initially that that buff was the direction Blizz needed to take Hog?

So....Blizzard totally fucked with the "reduced duplicates" in loot boxes for this last update, right?

I haven't had a single duplicate since they toned it down and every box I've received since the update has been dupes.

Veelk

Banned
So....Blizzard totally fucked with the "reduced duplicates" in loot boxes for this last update, right?

I haven't had a single duplicate since they toned it down and every box I've received since the update has been dupes.

I have literally all blue-white items, so most of those are gonna be dups.

But any time I get purple or gold, it's something new.

So when people were critical of his 50% dmg reduction while healing buff, what do you feel they were incorrectly focused on? Or did you believe initially that that buff was the direction Blizz needed to take Hog?

I think people didn't realized that the movement while healing plus the damage reduction would make him unkillable, and how valuable that could be.

A lot of people including myself also figured that he would never be viable unless he could reliably one-shot, I admit I was wrong.

antitrop

I'm averaging literally 4x as many Rez's per match in QP than I was before the patch. I used to get 5 or 6 now I'm getting 20.

Shit is hilariously broken.

mercy got a nerf with her healing right with one of the other patches?

The last change to Mercy's healing output was a buff very shortly after launch of the game. It hasn't been changed in over a year. I think it went from 50hps to 60hps, IIRC.

I'm averaging literally 4x as many Rez's per match in QP than I was before the patch. I used to get 5 or 6 now I'm getting 20.

Shit is hilariously broken.

The last change to Mercy's healing output was a buff very shortly after launch of the game. It hasn't been changed in over a year. I think it went from 50hps to 60hps, IIRC.

oh. RIP. it feels slow or people just enjoy going critical real fast. i mean it's good ult charge but still. my team 4 people wanted to go crit all at the same time.

also i'm enjoying Valkyrie way too much.

Blablurn

Im thinking about pickingup Overwatch GOTY on PS4.

but im not sure

Is the community still active?

is 35€ a reasonable price for it?

what do u guys think?

antitrop

Forgive my ignorance, does platchat just mean plat? I assumed most people ITT are diamond or above.

It's a Twitch meme about how everyone in the chat likes to backseat game like they're Grandmasters, when statistically they're probably in Platinum or lower.

karasu

I'm loving the new Mercy. I get rez'd more than ever now and it makes the moment to moment gameplay so much more exciting. It's way more fun than her rez'ng everyone right after I kill them and my abilities are spent. I feel like I have to kill Mercy more than ever though lol

I think people didn't realized that the movement while healing plus the damage reduction would make him unkillable, and how valuable that could be.

A lot of people including myself also figured that he would never be viable unless he could reliably one-shot, I admit I was wrong.
Yeah that dude is unkillable af! holy crap! He tanks ults like the fucking Juggernaut.

Top Bottom