• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I guess old habits die hard, even with new Rez. Just died to a Hanzo ult, then got rezzed while the dragon was still flying through me and died again.

New Mercy giveth, and new Mercy taketh away. At least now they aren't wasting their ult.

I guess old habits die hard, even with new Rez. Just died to a Hanzo ult, then got rezzed while the dragon was still flying through me and died again.

New Mercy giveth, and new Mercy taketh away. At least now they aren't wasting their ult.

those braindead mercy trying to cheat the system.

So my wife and I have been renovating our house recently, and one of the casualties in our renovation was my gaming/lazy chair. So I'm currently playing sitting on the floor. I'm 100% positive that this has impacted my aiming/muscle memory cause I'm playing really badly now. My aim is swimming all over the place and I always feel like I'm either over or under compensating :(

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Don't nerf mercy and even the playing field instead. Bring back Ana's original healing rate and grenade damage and make her ult give speed boost again. On top of that, revert Lucio's speed boost to line of sight like old times. Also, make Zenyatta's discord + orbs as deadly as they used to be.

So is this game starting to die already? There's a lot of negativity in the community

I used to play on PS4, but recently bought a gaming laptop (LUL amirite), and was pretty stocked to buy this game for PC.

It stems from people thinking they know how to play the game and can just be any character they want and win and it doesn't work that way.

So people who are asked to switch get pissed.

When you try to form a strategy they get pissed.

pizzacat

Banned
Don't nerf mercy and even the playing field instead. Bring back Ana's original healing rate and grenade damage and make her ult give speed boost again. On top of that, revert Lucio's speed boost to line of sight like old times. Also, make Zenyatta's discord + orbs as deadly as they used to be.

this sounds like a horrible game youre coming up with

So my wife and I have been renovating our house recently, and one of the casualties in our renovation was my gaming/lazy chair. So I'm currently playing sitting on the floor. I'm 100% positive that this has impacted my aiming/muscle memory cause I'm playing really badly now. My aim is swimming all over the place and I always feel like I'm either over or under compensating :(

Get a yoga ball to sit on. Work those abs while you game, and put it somewhere aside when not in use (or even deflate it).

MCD

Finally back after a three weeks hiatus! Internet/room all set and ready.

Two comp games with DVA! I loooove her so much now!

Yes her defense matrix can't eat lots of ults like brfore but I play her aggressively so I love going after healers with my missles and I no longer fear Tracers.

Baaaaaaaang

Been winning/losing 20-30 SR on average, guy just leaves my team, we get within 1m of drawing even though 5v6, both a friend and I lose 100SR.

How?????

More than 100 actually, drop from 2520+ to 2397.

Edit: Usually I lose like 20-22 point per loss, but last 2 games lost a full 30 each time despite doing well and getting gold medals, I know if I'm playing bad or have bad rounds and I'm not. Wtf is happening all of a sudden.

Last three matches have cost me 160+ SR loss.

Schlep

Yeah, SR is a bit weird since the patch for me too. I lost three earlier and each one was minus 27 despite putting in a lot of work. Prior to the patch it was more like minus 18-20.

Yeah, SR is a bit weird since the patch for me too. I lost three earlier and each one was minus 27 despite putting in a lot of work. Prior to the patch it was more like minus 18-20.
How do I lose 100+ when losing 20-22 on average???

My teammate who was grouped with too.

caesar

Banned
So is this game starting to die already? There's a lot of negativity in the community

I used to play on PS4, but recently bought a gaming laptop (LUL amirite), and was pretty stocked to buy this game for PC.

Not dying, far from it. Community is bitter af though

Sygma

Cutting it in half to 10 seconds is the route I see it going. Four rezzes combined with 20 seconds of chain heal/boost just changes the game way too much.

Its really not a big deal since people are building ults faster than you re getting your rez cd back. That and honestly if the team in front has a good zen, your team will get shit on regardless

What irks me the most is that Ana + Mercy was already not that good before, but it's even worse now and sadly EQUALLY played. Like why.

Otherwise game is a salt mine since release, nothing new under the sun. Just over selfish people thinking they re all knowing gods, getting flustered in about 2 seconds if things aren't going their way. Community is as always trash

1-2. One good match. Second was a close one we could've won but lost. Third one had a thrower. Yeesh.

Yeah the first two were fun. Fuck that hanzo though, I think I sent like 3 different reports.

my fav is when diamond geniuses play rein and start trying to chase down tracers way off point. shit happens 24 7

Even worse is when they are at the choke and decide to leave. Shit there's a flanker on point, it must be my job to go deal with it.

mollipen

Honestly, as much as I'm loving soaring around the sky, I don't know that she needs to fly as part of her ult. Give her like hover instead of flight, so I can move around on the ground faster (and maybe avoiding things like Junkrat traps and Mei ults), making me harder to hit and giving me more ability to get out of nasty situations but also not making me this crazy flying target high above everyone else.

I think I could be happy with her having that change.

Chance

Honestly, as much as I'm loving soaring around the sky, I don't know that she needs to fly as part of her ult. Give her like hover instead of flight, so I can move around on the ground faster (and maybe avoiding things like Junkrat traps and Mei ults), making me harder to hit and giving me more ability to get out of nasty situations but also not making me this crazy flying target high above everyone else.

I think I could be happy with her having that change.

The flight is a big part of allowing gamemaking plays, though. Being able to get The Angle You Need To Fly To That Guy on Mercy is such a concern and - let's face it - hassle that being able to provide my own verticality is huge.

Not sure this is what we're all thinking off though, ult meters are currently depleted in about 0.5s after activation but I always thought the shit we encounter with a genji dying immediately after ulting and keeping 100% of his meter was an effect of latency.
Some characters would not start their ult depletion until its start-up completed, but now it seems that it hits 0 the moment you press Q. That means Genji losing it while blade is coming out; Lucio losing it while in his jump, not when he hits the floor, etc.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So why do I have a penalized for leaving QP?

Seems kind of bullshit when it keeps putting me in the same game against a stack.

New mercy takes a bit of getting used to but way more enjoyable. It's really the ult that takes a bit of practice. Battle Mercy in the sky is something no one can really practice for before the patch.

What's really getting to me at the moment is just how shit it feels to be the solo Tank or Healer, doing what's asked of you, on a team of DPS/Defenders, that ultimately loses, to see your rank plummet.

I played by the 'rules' I tried to help the team with a role that was needed (even according to the in-game prompts). Yet, because 5 other people wanted to be their favourite DPS character or whatever, I have to endure and waste time to see the inevitable defeat through.

... and then of course the leavers.

This game just wants to punish you, over and over again. The sense of reward and enjoyment is so fleeting.

Top Bottom