• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Sullichin

Thanks for all the healer posts, I learned a lot :) I found the Mercy Pharah combo on my own actually, thought I was being clever :lol Switching to Mercy have turned so many losses into victories so far. Gonna have to get back on the Zenyatta train though, sounds like fun now!

Wait what happened to Zen?

Salarians

getting grouped with people that won't even try to take out an enemy teleporter/shield generator

it's like they don't even know that they exist

HiiiLife

My brother is a reaper main so he's hype.

so am I considering he never switched to challenge their comps, so whatever helps him helps me carry

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Keep playing. Once you get past the Proving the map really opens up.
x0lWnFZ.jpg

I loved Zero Dawn

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I hope this patch kills off all the try hard 0 team coordination roadhogs that over extend and try to flank die then screw the team over giving the other free meter and making the fight 5 v 6

NAH IT WONT

200ms ping? lol fuck off blizz. first map was horizon. i'm fucking glad we had a DRAW. don't know the map enough to even set up properly. lol

second game on hanamura. was when the ping started. lol RIP as ana.

im not touching comp tonight

also tried hog in qp. LOL.RIP

jesus christ do they even pay attention to ptr, this was posted 11 days ago and has almost 500k views

really between hog, reaper, the new map and my "golden" lootbox all being shitty today plus burnout from the event (and only getting 1 skin lmao) I'm the closest to uninstalling I've been since I got the game

LiK

Played the Arcade with the new map. Pretty fun cuz people are all over the place. Still won most of the matches tho. Only lost one with randoms.

Blues1990

jesus christ do they even pay attention to ptr, this was posted 11 days ago and has almost 500k views

really between hog, reaper, the new map and my "golden" lootbox all being shitty today plus burnout from the event (and only getting 1 skin lmao) I'm the closest to uninstalling I've been since I got the game

On the plus side, this is the most fun I had with ol' pig face.

Paltheos

Whoa. Bizarrely good luck with my golden loot box. I opened it and I got... 4 new items! Not a single duplicate. This is remarkable considering I'm over level 700! I don't think I've had a non-seasonal box with all new items since the first few months of the game. The new items are about what you'd expect though: Legendary Sombra skin + 2 Sombra sprays + a common Orisa skin.

Mr Git

played 4 games. three have been backfill just before the defense team is about to be beaten. ace. Not seen new map yet and the other game I had was absolute shite. Roadhog still seems horrible I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's dead, faster fire rate is still powerful.

Whoa. Bizarrely good luck with my golden loot box. I opened it and I got... 4 new items! Not a single duplicate. This is remarkable considering I'm over level 700! I don't think I've had a non-seasonal box with all new items since the first few months of the game. The new items are about what you'd expect though: Legendary Sombra skin + 2 Sombra sprays + a common Orisa skin.

That's by design. The box is not supposed to give you any dupes afaik. Unless you have everything in the game somehow, then the universe just breaks i guess.

Crzy1

Map is kinda meh. Content drip on new maps has been far too slow, and this was not worth the wait.
Indeed. Guess I'm putting the game down for a while, again. The lack of any meaningful updates has been very disappointing. Overwatch is a one-trick-pony in a lot of regards, so there isn't much they can add beyond maps and new characters. With the way they've been handling events, I'm not really feeling compelled to do anything when there isn't one running. A new map in what is probably my most disliked category is something I can pass on for now.

Satch

Banned
Ive played like 6 or 7 games on the new map so far and still queuing up for more

Honestly, first point looks and feels like a Halo map. 2nd point is like... well... whatever

This map would be absolutely fantastic if it were a Team Deathmatch map, but unfortunatey its 2cp. I dont really have any clue of where youd want to hold as a defender except on the point itself. Im curious to see how the players work out how to attack it or defend it. Lots of areas seem superfluous and im not sure why I would even walk in those directions

Chance

Ive played like 6 or 7 games on the new map so far and still queuing up for more

Honestly, first point looks and feels like a Halo map. 2nd point is like... well... whatever

This map would be absolutely fantastic if it were a Team Deathmatch map, but unfortunatey its 2cp. I dont really have any clue of where youd want to hold as a defender except on the point itself. Im curious to see how the players work out how to attack it or defend it. Lots of areas seem superfluous and im not sure why I would even walk in those directions

The choke for point a is about 30 yards past the point, where the reds can only enter from 2 hallways. On point B it seems to be more Volskaya - right on the point, or the upper walkway/rafters.

Mr Git

Wow new map really brings all of the cunts out of the woodwork. Had so many awful QP games in the last two hours, people just fucking around, throwing or just trolling. Not that I've seen the map yet.
Also roadhog is still picked every match xD

This is the opposite of my experience. Nobody seemed to have a clue what to do on defense; I had a very close 22 minute 4-3 where almost the entire game was spent contesting B.
On defend that choke on the first point is so good with sniper/torb/shield your team can just chill on the point and pick off the attacking team usually staggering them in the process

antitrop

I played the Lunar map in Arcade for about 2 hours and Attack won about 80% of the time. It was Arcade, but most people were still Master-Top500, so they were fairly tryhard games.

Chance

Defending on Horizon A. This Hanzo on my team is lit, and establishes it early, picking two attackers on the first push within five seconds of each other. I, on Mercy, resolve to pocket this Pro Hanzo whenever possible.

I flit off to heal my tank, and when I turn back to him he's at half health and dropping. I swoop in just as he fires off the dragons, hook up my heal beam and get a 31 fire assist as the dragons wreck the red Mercy. My beam can't heal through a Junkrat and a Torb's focus fire, so Hanzo goes down.

I instantly rez him - and him alone - and hook up the blue beam. Ching, there goes Torb, ching, there goes Junk - smooth as silk. I get 35 and 33 fire for the assists.

I'm sure of this, because Hanzo did not get PotG for that display - I did, and I've watched it three times trying to figure out how three assists and a rez (35 + 33 + 31 + 50 = like 150 fire) equal 3 near-100% picks (like 300 fire).

Like I'm all for me getting PotG, but not for saying "that guy is gonna' win the game for us," and being right.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I keep getting wrecked on point B on defense. It is just incredibly hard with all those options of entry

Satch

Banned
i pick genji
i kill entire enemy team
i wait for them to respawn so i can flank mercy on her way to the point and kill her
get into 1v1 with mercy
get fucking SurprisingAmountOfDamage'd to death like a moron

fuckingggggggggggggggggggggggg bad, is there no greater shame?

Top Bottom