• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

jviggy43

People comparing it to D.Va, D.Va had ALREADY been a weak hero, then she got buffed and was solid, then she got buffed AGAIN for no apparent reason and was overpowered, so she was nerfed. People had already based their D.Va play around how she was before, she was simply overpowered and way too difficult to kill for a brief time. It's not the same situation.
Yep all of this. Hog didn't need this and hopefully they revert it but I doubt they will.
5-stack Torb with a Mercy in Hanamura Defense. Kill me now.
Seriously this was the funniest/most infuriating thing ever back in the day

Did it change? Seems the same to me
Blizzard edited for accuracy

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Overwatch gets advertised with the tagline "there is a hero for everyone" very often but that should come with a huge asterisk and small print below reading "unless you need a tank or healer then sorry but you're not allowed to play the character you wanted unless you want to lose because no one else will switch".

The more I play this game the more I really dislike how reliant it is on needing tanks and healers to have a successful comp.

Especially after playing a ton of heroes of the storm where you can win a game with 5 assassins, no support and no warrior.

ISOM

Overwatch gets advertised with the tagline "there is a hero for everyone" very often but that should come with a huge asterisk and small print below reading "unless you need a tank or healer then sorry but you're not allowed to play the character you wanted unless you want to lose because no one else will switch".

The more I play this game the more I really dislike how reliant it is on needing tanks and healers to have a successful comp.

Especially after playing a ton of heroes of the storm where you can win a game with 5 assassins, no support and no warrior.

If you didn't have tank or healers then it would just be a brawl or quickplay. Which wouldn't be Overwatch. I like team games like this where teams are reliant on each other but there are just a lot of selfish assholes out there.

DR2K

Banned

People will pick who they want and insist on it 90% of the time even when it isn't working. 5 DPS, fucking ey.

Shredderi

Wow they really went to down with roadhog's damage. I just had another roadhog in front of me and I start unleashing 3 point blank shots on his body and he just ulti'd me to death after taking them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow they really went to down with roadhog's damage. I just had another roadhog in front of me and I start unleashing 3 point blank shots on his body and he just ulti'd me to death after taking them.

Now his hook pulls you closer to him so you can kill him faster!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If you didn't have tank or healers then it would just be a brawl or quickplay. Which wouldn't be Overwatch. I like team games like this where teams are reliant on each other but there are just a lot of selfish assholes out there.

Yeah I mean, I get that it's a team based game but it's very annoying being the only person willing to switching to healer and tank. I don't always want to play those roles :(

People will pick who they want and insist on it 90% of the time even when it isn't working. 5 DPS, fucking ey.

5 DPS would be pretty fun though, it'd be a mess and a bloodbath and probably have no tactical thought required lol but it would definitely be fun.

DR2K

Banned
Apparantly Orisa is broken online. She's able to ult charge really fast while her ult is in use. Of course no one picks her.

kurahador

I discovered how fruitless it can be now to kill him as baby dva

Really...the only way to kill him now is using long range attackers. If a healer is pocketing him though? Yeah...make that 3 attackers ganging up on him.

I think they need to reduce his ammo count.

rulerk1

I hate this new Reaper. I can't even get to sneak kill him as usual using Sombra.
Even hacking him is hard.

yeah he was always a problem in Diamond/Plat but now it just worst. You need to take him down together as a group.

I kind of like how I can spam shots as Roadhog now lol. So good against Orisa dumb kit

Finally played Horizon, solid map for a 2CP.
Alas the average player very swiftly reminded me why I was right to take a breather from the game.

Rafy

Really...the only way to kill him now is using long range attackers. If a healer is pocketing him though? Yeah...make that 3 attackers ganging up on him.

I think they need to reduce his ammo count.

Today when I played some comp I pocketed the Reaper since there was no Pharah in our team. Between the healing and boosting beams that dude was unstoppable. He only died once if I am not mistaken and it was due to bad positioning.

Just had 70% hook accuracy and not even bronze elims or damage

15624608_1238638196222725_1158731216673832960_n.jpg

Talonz

The big question I have is what is Roadhog's contribution to the team now supposed to be?

Before he was the guy who took out a single enemy allowing for a 5v6 fight to ensue. I mean, sure the infinite variations of mechanics that could go down could lead him to doing other stuff, but in the space of the short term, that's his job, take out one enemy for your team.

Now what is he supposed to be? The enemy depositioner? Because he can still hook people, but he's no longer able to finish the job. Is he supposed to rely on his team to help him finish the job? If all he's supposed to do is fuck with enemy positions, the hook needs to be on a 4 second timer or something.

A lot of people complained that he was a full out DPS that's miscatergorized as a tank just because he has a large health box. Well, if he's no longer DPS, what is he now?

Ultimate battery for the other team.

randome

Anyone on PS4 wanna play? I'm at 2600 something. I've gotten to 2700. I would like to be able to get to diamond at some point and wanna play with others instead of solo!

Think I'm finally over comp. Got to 2290 easily enough and since then I've been on a HARD losing streak for the last few days. Tried everything from switching to support / tank / heal and nothing helps. Might just take a break for a while but jesus christ.

Anyone on PS4 wanna play? I'm at 2600 something. I've gotten to 2700. I would like to be able to get to diamond at some point and wanna play with others instead of solo!

I'm on ps4 and was 2749 last season, right now I'm 2000 lulz.

My psn is same as gaf if you wanna check my stats, I'm a good Zarya, Ana, McCree and can flex but solo Q shenanigans have been off the charts this season.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I won a game, left the game, got disconnected from my internet, gets back up, log into Overwatch and I have a ranked ban for leaving games and the elo I won is not there

Err

Is this a known bug?

LiK

I won a game, left the game, got disconnected from my internet, gets back up, log into Overwatch and I have a ranked ban for leaving games and the elo I won is not there

Err

Is this a known bug?

yes, just don't leave until you see the card screen at least, imo. i always stay in Comp.

Soiks

Booted out of a game for no apparent reason two nights running now. Sick loss of 100 SR and a 30 minute ban too. Thanks Blizzard.

Booted out of a game for no apparent reason two nights running now. Sick loss of 100 SR and a 30 minute ban too. Thanks Blizzard.
If you're getting booted out of a game, it may be something on your end. There doesn't appear to be any issues with the service.

Soiks

If you're getting booted out of a game, it may be something on your end. There doesn't appear to be any issues with the service.
I'd consider that but the fact my friend who I was duoing with was also kicked and we were both still in the party in the main menu makes me sceptical. I've checked the Blizz forums and it seems to have happened to others too in recent hours.

I do love this game but it makes it difficult to do so sometimes.

Think I'm finally over comp. Got to 2290 easily enough and since then I've been on a HARD losing streak for the last few days. Tried everything from switching to support / tank / heal and nothing helps. Might just take a break for a while but jesus christ.

Yeah, I stopped playing comp for the most part. I’ll play a game occasionally, but I’m done with it. The first few seasons I was really into it. Then I was like man fuck this, it’s not worth it. So I just do my placement matches now and that’s about it. I’d rather just go enjoy myself in Arcade. Comp isn’t worth it; just some ugly gold weapons.

Top Bottom