• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

But every viable hero has some bullshit in their kit.

Well I mean atm viable has nothing to do with BS and everything to do with whether you can deal with one specific strategy, so I don't think that's a very good point!

There are a lot of strong characters in the game without crazy BS that work just fine. There's a lot you just don't see often cause meta or limited exposure that you might not know about yet.

Just finished the first 10 competitive matches - 1725.
This any good? To be fair I have only 21 odd hours in the game

That's about average from what I've seen. Low would be around 1300 or less.

And even then it tends to place a little lower than you're supposed to be after your placements, from my experience. Totally fine for the amount of time you've played, and even then you'll most likely only go even higher.

Pophead

That's about average from what I've seen. Low would be around 1300 or less.

And even then it tends to place a little lower than you're supposed to be after your placements, from my experience. Totally fine for the amount of time you've played, and even then you'll most likely only go even higher.

Cool. Thank you for that!

Cappa

Banned
Just finished the first 10 competitive matches - 1725.
This any good? To be fair I have only 21 odd hours in the game

Its below average, but to be fair you dont have much playing time so dont sweat it. I benefited that I was to low of a rank to play during Season 1, and by the time I reached level 25 Season 1 had already ended so I had plenty of time to get better for Season 2 and got placed in Gold around 2200 and right now Im always in 3000s near Diamond level. Practice and patience. :) Just keep at it and dont get frustrated. You shouldnt have problems reaching 2000.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, that PTR sombra change seems pretty big. That's a huge chunk off the CD which is bound to have a larger impact.

Kinda wish blizz would just let everything settle somewhat after some Ana tweaks and see if we stray out of a tank meta and see how Sombra ends up before changing anything though.

Anne

Ana is still the outright best healer. I've been playing on it the last couple days, left impressions already. They really wanna cut her sustain, but she's still dumping the most health out of anyone.

Lucio is the most picked support but tbh he's a shit healer now. It's just that speedboost is too good to not have and nobody else has it. One spcific piece of utility that can't be balanced without outright removal.

Blues1990

Ana is still the outright best healer. I've been playing on it the last couple days, left impressions already. They really wanna cut her sustain, but she's still dumping the most health out of anyone.

Lucio is the most picked support but tbh he's a shit healer now. It's just that speedboost is too good to not have and nobody else has it. One spcific piece of utility that can't be balanced without outright removal.

Given that people are deathly allergic to play any of the Support Heroes in Quick Play or Competive, and Lucio's AOE Healing taking a dive, Ana's healing potential & DPS has been a godsend for me.

"Can't stop the healin'!"

Jeez, that PTR sombra change seems pretty big. That's a huge chunk off the CD which is bound to have a larger impact.

Kinda wish blizz would just let everything settle somewhat after some Ana tweaks and see if we stray out of a tank meta and see how Sombra ends up before changing anything though.

Considering the entire point of Sombra was to be the "hacker" and nobody ever hacks anything but health kits thanks to how exposed you are and how long the CD was, something needed to be done.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've developed this really weird habit where I only break mei out if I'm on a losing streak and it pretty much resulted in me only playing mei for one match a session.

But I win damn near every game I've played with her, breaking my losing streaks.

Maybe I should just play mei more.

TrueBlue

I've heard some interactions that I hadn't heard previously. One where Zarya compares the size of Russian mechs to D.Va, and another where Mei jokingly asks McCree what time of day it is.

Are these new? I always like it when they put new lines in.

I've been playing since beta on PC, most of my friends who played it stopped playing so I just solo queued 95% of the time. Decided to pick it up on console to play with some other friends. I'm not trying to console bash, but how the hell do people play Lucio on console? Loosing the ability to jump and crouch while still being able to aim and shoot has really effected the heros I play. Once a Lucio main, now is reduced to playing tank or Genji Main (He's much easier to play on console imo). Dropping £100+ on an Elite controller is tempting some times...

Edwardo

Anyone here play on Xbox and get frequent disconnects? I'll get disconnected from a game and my Xbox live party, but not fully from Xbox Live because Pandora or anything else open is still running fine.

I can rejoin the party instantly, but I get unable to connect to Xbox live for ~30 sec and then unable to connect to battle.net for about another 30 secs until it starts reconnecting. I get to the "Entering game..." part, but it will just sit there forever. If I kill the game, I am able to get to the main menu, but the rejoin option isn't there and I'll have a suspension if it was a competitive game.

I opened up the ports for Xbox live and battle.net on my router. My NAT is open. Not really sure what could be causing this or if it happens to anyone else. This only happens when I'm playing Overwatch.

Blues1990

I've heard some interactions that I hadn't heard previously. One where Zarya compares the size of Russian mechs to D.Va, and another where Mei jokingly asks McCree what time of day it is.

Are these new? I always like it when they put new lines in.
The development team have gradually added new voice lines overtime, including some that are currently inaccessible in-game (Roadhog makes a reference to SnoopSogg's 'Gin & Juice', says "So much drama goin' on in the LBC, it's kinda hard bein' Road H-O single G." I have yet to find a way to trigger this one.)

Soldier: 76 has a plothetra of patriotic-themed voice lines in the games data files, some of which are equal parts grim & hilarious.

Kade

The development team have gradually added new voice lines overtime, including some that are currently inaccessible in-game (Roadhog makes a reference to SnoopSogg's 'Gin & Juice', says "So much drama goin' on in the LBC, it's kinda hard bein' Road H-O single G." I have yet to find a way to trigger this one.)

Amazing.

Paltheos

So so fucking dumb

No change to ptr d.va, no change to s76, sombra hacking fix that wasn't even her issue and is now just gonna make her stupid

Fucking hell

... I don't know, man. Blizzard might be trying a smaller number of changes now rather than rolling everything out at once. I know for sure that all the most recently announced changes - The fix to Hook 2.0, the reduced Biotic Grenade duration, and yeah the reduced cooldown on Sombra's hack - Are all changes I approve of. They might still be looking at them too. Looking at the figures posted I'm kinda concerned about Dva too, but they might be keeping an eye on that. Not too concerned about Soldier myself though, and I think he might be more easily evaluated in whatever new meta arises when these changes go live.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why does competitive mode not replace leavers? It's dumb that you have to eat the loss if someone on your team randomly leaves or disconnects.

AbaFadi

Banned
Why does competitive mode not replace leavers? It's dumb that you have to eat the loss if someone on your team randomly leaves or disconnects.

I wouldn't want to join a competitive match in progress honestly. They just need a better way to handle disconnects, like reduced sr loss or something along those lines.

I've developed this really weird habit where I only break mei out if I'm on a losing streak and it pretty much resulted in me only playing mei for one match a session.

But I win damn near every game I've played with her, breaking my losing streaks.

Maybe I should just play mei more.

I only break out Junkrat when I don't give a shit and I'm undefeated with him this season, so. Sometimes you just gotta accept it.

Man. Actual trolling is the worst.

Playing a game of mystery heroes this morning. We were Defense on Hanamura. I was Roadhog, and we had a Mei on our team.

The Mei on our team we doing her best to wall off my hooks, wall me off if I crossed the choke, and even wall me off if I activated my super.

When I say doing her best, I mean she successfully impeded me several times. Everytime she did it, she would look at me and just emote repeatedly.

Despite this we won, but man does that make you not want to play the game for a while.

Go figure, stuff like this puts me off of a game way more than teammates bitching in teamchat.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's not fair to have someone join a losing game, but there was one game where things were actually going pretty evenly until one guy DCed. Maybe just a smaller SR change or no SR change would make sense for the remaining people if someone leaves?

It doesn't seem fair to give six people a win that they might not deserve + five people a loss that they might not deserve, just because one guy disconnected. That guy even tried to get back in after he came back online, but couldn't because he was hit with a penalty for disconnecting.

It's frustrating when I go through several games that seem pretty balanced and good until they just instantly go to shit as soon as someone leaves/DCs.

It's frustrating when I go through several games that seem pretty balanced and good until they just instantly go to shit as soon as someone leaves/DCs.

Yeah, I had a match last night where it was super close, but then I picked off Widow as Lucio and someone on their team left right after that.

They could've easily clutched it but someone decided to throw :/

Yeah, I had a match last night where it was super close, but then I picked off Widow as Lucio and someone on their team left right after that.

They could've easily clutched it but someone decided to throw :/

I had one match where somone on the enemy team left, their Widow decided to give up so we all just met outside they spawn and watch D.va's gamer emote for 4mins...

It's not fair to have someone join a losing game, but there was one game where things were actually going pretty evenly until one guy DCed. Maybe just a smaller SR change or no SR change would make sense for the remaining people if someone leaves?

That's just going to result in people harassing members of their team to get them to leave early and take the DC penalty to try to protect their own SR.

It's frustrating when it happens, but you've got to remember that on average, you'll unfairly win just as many matches as you unfairly lose.

That's just going to result in people harassing members of their team to get them to leave early and take the DC penalty to try to protect their own SR.

It's frustrating when it happens, but you've got to remember that on average, you'll unfairly win just as many matches as you unfairly lose.

What if they gave everyone extra HP or shields to make up for a leaver. I don't know what the right amount is, but Symmetra's +75 shields might be a good way to balance out going 5v6.

Mendrox

Changes are shit and won't change anything still.

Edit: Except for Sombras - finally something more useful for her now. Makes a bit more viable.

RemiLP

I wouldn't want to join a competitive match in progress honestly. They just need a better way to handle disconnects, like reduced sr loss or something along those lines.

Is it fair for somebody to join a losing game?

They could have an option for people playing quick play, to join ongoing competetive matches if someones leaves.

The guy who played quick play will not lose/gain SR, but the match would still be 6vs6.

NP blizzard

What if they gave everyone extra HP or shields to make up for a leaver. I don't know what the right amount is, but Symmetra's +75 shields might be a good way to balance out going 5v6.

Kaplan talked about this.

Giving the team that has a leaver on it any sort of benefit isn't ever going to happen because all it will do is encourage players to turn on their teammates because they'll see it as a "Worthless" player in their eyes could be traded for an extra perk (in this case 75 more health) that they think would benefit them more greatly.

Thus, giving a team a perk for a leaver just encourages harassment to get people to leave for said perk.

Jellie

They could have an option for people playing quick play, to join ongoing competetive matches if someones leaves.

The guy who played quick play will not lose/gain SR, but the match would still be 6vs6.

NP blizzard
Then that person ends up doing whatever they like because doesn't affect them. What if the person who dced is trying to reconnect but can't because it's full now?

RemiLP

Then that person ends up doing whatever they like because doesn't affect them. What if the person who dced is trying to reconnect but can't because it's full now?

dosnt mather, still better than 5vs6 :) thats a non issue

And you give them some time to get back of course.

dosnt mather, still better than 5vs6 :) thats a non issue

And you give them some time to get back of course.

Not necessarily.

A person who is just there to have fun, and wont suffer the same penalites as his teammates is an invitation to trolling.

You'll see people intentionally throw, or feed the other team Ult energy just to get a reaction out of people.

Top Bottom