• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paltheos

I had my best QP Ana game yet last night. Volskaya defense - I'm solo healing Rein, Zarya, Hog, Mei, and McCree. We finish the match with a win, barely. I hit 12K healing with 43% of team damage healed. Even with all the nerfs and a Tracer gunning for me, solo healing as Ana isn't really that bad.

Is mercy strong on console or something?

I think so. I give her a lot of shit but usually it's just to mess with owzers.

It's impossible to play Ana on console like we see on PC, there's no auto-aim on your teammates so you most likely won't be able to save anyone if they're moving around in a pinch unless you have the grenade. Even worse if you have a Lucio giving speed boost... you're screwed basically. Healing with Mercy is much more reliable in that regard.

Another plus for Mercy is her mobility and also her hitbox is hard to hit, though the same can be said for Ana. Mercy has health regeneration though, a lot of times Ana has to use the grenade to heal herself which is a big waste. The best thing Ana has is the grenade, it makes a huge difference if used on the enemies or a close fight. The sleep dart is also godlike, but it can be hard to land on 200hp enemies at crucial times.

People always complain about shitty rez, but how many times were you nanoboosted at really bad times? I always try to wait for my teammates to use their ults first (if it's a S76, Genji or Rein after earthshatter for example) but it's not like the majority of Ana players do the same. A wasted ult is an wasted ult, and there's a lot of them with Ana too.

To end things, if I see a Mercy on my team I know that she's going to focus on healing (unless she's trolling, of course). Can't say the same about Ana, and I'm talking about myself here too.

I'm actually a Mercy main, it's a secret though

I'm not sure what triggers me more now. Sleep or Hacked

Hacked as Rein. Yesterday I was starting to get really pissed off.

And then I went Torb <3

Anyone else been getting lag on PS4 since the last update?

Don't know if it's lag but in some games there's a huge delay. Very noticable in the kill-cam. When I play with american-gaf I'm always getting killed by D.Va's bomb behind cover, it's annoying af. It kinda ruins the game for me sometimes, it's a really huge handicap.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Grave is purely on PS4.

and he never wants to group up in Overwatch

I zone out!
I start playing I forget about messages and invites

I jump from mode to mode

I'll comp, lose, go to Mystery, lay off some steam, then QP to get a little juiced up, back to comp

That's why I don't join most, cause most stay in 1 mode, I jump from mode to mode to keep me from just being bored/tired

LiK I've played with ya, you know how I am

LiK

I zone out!
I start playing I forget about messages and invites

I jump from mode to mode

I'll comp, lose, go to Mystery, lay off some steam, then QP to get a little juiced up, back to comp

That's why I don't join most, cause most stay in 1 mode, I jump from mode to mode to keep me from just being bored/tired

LiK I've played with ya, you know how I am

It's cool, sometimes I just wanna chill with people in QP/Arcade. I like playing with people in a group rather than solo queue. I've given up sending you invites in OW cuz you like to solo it.

GraveRobberX

It's cool, sometimes I just wanna chill with people in QP/Arcade. I like playing with people in a group rather than solo queue. I've given up sending you invites in OW cuz you like to solo it.

If I see your invite, I'll try to join, but message me what mode first we doing

I've been sent blind invites thinking Comp and its for fucking QP...

LiK

If I see your invite, I'll try to join, but message me what mode first we doing

I've been sent blind invites thinking Comp and its for fucking QP...

Haha, yea, I'm mainly into QP and Arcade. Comp is too stressful most of the time. I'll be doing more Comp in Season 4 tho since my hero pool is much wider now.

If you want comp mode while waiting for the next season, get a jump on things by playing on the PTR.

That's what I did last season.

If you want more lootboxes play arcade / QP to stay frosty.

had symm teleporter bug happen in my team for the first time feelsbadman.
the same thing that happened to internethulk in envyus vs bkstars would have thought something like this would get top priority in fixing
DB86xcp.png
Sombra's translocator bug has been around for months now. People found a workaround, so it's whatever, but Blizzard have not acknowledged or fixed it.

GraveRobberX

I was Bastion main
Then switched to Reaper/McCree

Then slowly tried Pharah, that Justice Rains Down From Above weekly rumble, really pushed me to main her

Then slowly learned her counter Soldier:76 (most think just point and shoot, get kills, but there is more to it, if you learn the class)

I've ventured into Healing, Zenyatta fits me the best
Mercy second
Ana third
I'm just rotten with Lucio, I can't grind for shit

Tank wise D.Va, Zarya, and Roadhog are which I feel good with

Good/Geeat
So Attack its Pharah/Soldier, Reaper for rare swap if required
Defense is Mei/Torb
Tanks are D.Va/Road
Heals are Zenny, Mercy as super duper back up if no one picks healer at all

So 8 characters I can rotate out of to help Competitive compositions

Jellie

Sombra's translocator bug has been around for months now. People found a workaround, so it's whatever, but Blizzard have not acknowledged or fixed it.

Think he means the bug with symmetra teleporter. You put it down but it disapears and you go back to 0% ult. Unless you meant symmetra not sombra.

rulerk1

Walling ppl off in spawn is bad I know but doing it when your teammates always want to go through the main entrance instead of up top in Nepal gives results. Lead to us getting a team kill early on ,so is this a thing?

Think he means the bug with symmetra teleporter. You put it down but it disapears and you go back to 0% ult. Unless you meant symmetra not sombra.

That's not what he meant, he meant that there's other bugs that completely break character abilities and haven't been fixed for months either.

Jellie

That's not what he meant, he meant that there's other bugs that completely break character abilities and haven't been fixed for months either.

What's the Sombra bug? Don't play her so wasn't even aware she had one? Only thing I've heard is still taking damage when you've already teleported?

Don't know if it's lag but in some games there's a huge delay. Very noticable in the kill-cam. When I play with american-gaf I'm always getting killed by D.Va's bomb behind cover, it's annoying af. It kinda ruins the game for me sometimes, it's a really huge handicap.

I'm not sure what it's called, but I'm guessing it's lag. Sometimes everyone will freeze and then a second later they'll "teleport" to where they were going or they'll shoot and nothing will come out, then a second later I end up getting killed.
And sometimes it's the other way around where I'll shoot and it won't register til later. Or I'll freeze and zoom forward a second later. It's really annoying.
Never had this problem til this last event update.
And yeah, I'm in the US.

Vitanimus

What's the Sombra bug? Don't play her so wasn't even aware she had one? Only thing I've heard is still taking damage when you've already teleported?

A very apparent one is not being teleported to your translocator after pressing e, and actually staying in the same place. Super common too!

A very apparent one is not being teleported to your translocator after pressing e, and actually staying in the same place. Super common too!

Someone actually found the cause of this one. I think it might have been throwing the teleporter straight down caused it to bug? Not sure. It was in the Competitive Overwatch subreddit at one point.

finalflame

Ana is super addicting to play once you get good with her.

Yup! My last frontier (barring my middling aim) is figuring out her grenade arc. Wish I had started playing her when her grenade's AOE was still OP as shit.

I need to start maining OP heroes faster before they get nerfed.

Someone actually found the cause of this one. I think it might have been throwing the teleporter straight down caused it to bug? Not sure. It was in the Competitive Overwatch subreddit at one point.
Yep. It's completely avoidable, but if you don't know about it, you run the risk of the ability just not working sometimes. Which is likely to get you killed most of the time.

It's been in the game and talked about on the forums since December, I think?

Filben

Anyone else saving those competitive points? Golden weapons are ugly as fuck in my opinion. Never was a fan of it. In no game (I remember there were golden weapons in CoD 4 back then). I hope Blizzard will add some different weapon or character skins for competitive points. If they do, I don't want to be short on that currency.

Still is, just use it offensively
Yes, it's amazing how easy you can deal with enemies who have a self-healing ability, but having it denied.

Roxkis_ii

Anyone else saving those competitive points? Golden weapons are ugly as fuck in my opinion. Never was a fan of it. In no game (I remember there were golden weapons in CoD 4 back then). I hope Blizzard will add some different weapon or character skins for competitive points. If they do, I don't want to be short on that currency.

I am, but only because I can't afford to do anything else with them.
I main Reinhart, but i plan on grabbing Zenyatta golden balls.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yes you can? Pretty sure sombra's ult will do the trick.
It's not the same if they are using an ult to counter an ult, as that is common among all characters. Something they can just casually pop out every few seconds is much more "triggering" as per the point LiK was making.

Paltheos

Yup! My last frontier (barring my middling aim) is figuring out her grenade arc. Wish I had started playing her when her grenade's AOE was still OP as shit.

I need to start maining OP heroes faster before they get nerfed.

The 'nade's AOE is still the same (that is, bigger than at launch, 3 to 4 meters I think?). What's worse about it is the potency (100% to 50% heal boost on allies) and its duration (5 to 4 seconds).

Ana's still top tier even after the myriad nerfs thrown her way though. Don't feel bad about missing the stupid-OP period - Allot of other people did too. That first month when nobody knew how to use her is funny in retrospect - "Oh, [teammate]'s playing Ana? Goddammit, gg."

adamy

Banned
It's not the same if they are using an ult to counter an ult, as that is common among all characters. Something they can just casually pop out every few seconds is much more "triggering" as per the point LiK was making.

sombra's ult is probably the fastest ult in the game to get. given how insanely fast you can get it combined with the fact that it has an AoE effect, yeah it's way more annoying than a single sleep dart

adamy

Banned
Ana's still top tier even after the myriad nerfs thrown her way though. Don't feel bad about missing the stupid-OP period - Allot of other people did too. That first month when nobody knew how to use her is funny in retrospect - "Oh, [teammate]'s playing Ana? Goddammit, gg."

don't worry, we're still livin' in a pretty absurd OP period

well, at least until the new patch comes out and nerfs Roadhog

Skii

It's really surprising that bronze players only get 100 CP as a reward. That just seems negligible.

I'll finally have my first golden weapon with the end of this season but I have no idea what to go for. There's Reaper, Genji, Soldier, Reinhardt, Zarya, Ana and Zenyatta. Too many choices :(

I might just wait for Doomfist. He might become my next main.

Just played a QP match where I remapped Tracer's ult to L2 and holy shit does that make a difference. I felt much more accurate and stuck way more people than I usually do. Good tip for PS4!

I feel like in regards to the GAF grouping I'm in the eternal flex position because I play characters well that everyone else just plays better. So I'll just end up flexing into a spot that isn't currently being taken by the group. I think I've been most reliable as 76 but I honestly don't know.

EDIT: It's been nearly a year and I still don't understand Overbuff. Played one QP match as Tracer on Lijiang Tower. We won 2-0. I somehow get scored a win and a loss for it, and Tracer gets no win added to her tally even though I only played as her. What?

The only thing I can think is that I came into he match when it had already started so it didn't count as a "complete" win for her, and since we went 99-99 on the first point maybe it counts just total percentage on the KOTH towards a loss? Fuck if I know how these stats are tracked.

It's really surprising that bronze players only get 100 CP as a reward. That just seems negligible.

I'll finally have my first golden weapon with the end of this season but I have no idea what to go for. There's Reaper, Genji, Soldier, Reinhardt, Zarya, Ana and Zenyatta. Too many choices :(

Reaper, Rein and Zarya's golds look amazing. Bold as fuck, lots of real estate.

Genji's sword looks killer but his anime stars aren't impactful enough. Same problem with Zen.

I'm not a big fan of Ana's or Soldier's, personally. They don't have that wow factor. Kinda meh.

I'd love a Winston gold but it all looks way too out of place with just about every one of his skin's that I like.

Jellie

You're a Reinhardt main now and all his weapons look good gold. Easy decision.

GraveRobberX

Whoever changed the title to Phara-ever, it was my good luck charm!

DIAMOND RANK ACHIEVED!

asdfghjlljgsaafgjkklhdsasgjkkkfsashkkkfsafhj!

1evLpWKl.jpg

Holy shit did I go on a fucking tear trying to get this rank, played some tough fucking Genjis and Soldiers, but I MOTHERFUCKING PREVAILED!

Whoever changed the title to Phara-ever, it was my good luck charm!

DIAMOND RANK ACHIEVED!

asdfghjlljgsaafgjkklhdsasgjkkkfsashkkkfsafhj!

1evLpWKl.jpg

Holy shit did I go on a fucking tear trying to get this rank, played some tough fucking Genjis and Soldiers, but I MOTHERFUCKING PREVAILED!

YOOOOOOOO.

Gives me hope to see you all make it. I don't think I have enough time left to grind it out with life getting in the way. Had I stopped playing when I dropped to low 2700 I might have been able too, but not sure about it in 2500 now.

Stop encouraging HamHardts after they earthshatter. We need to put our shields up more, not just go in. 75% of the time it ends with us out of position as everyone gets counter shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom