• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Reaper, Rein and Zarya's golds look amazing. Bold as fuck, lots of real estate.

Genji's sword looks killer but his anime stars aren't impactful enough. Same problem with Zen.

I'm not a big fan of Ana's or Soldier's, personally. They don't have that wow factor. Kinda meh.

I'd love a Winston gold but it all looks way too out of place with just about every one of his skin's that I like.

Yeah I'm leaning towards Reaper or Reinhardt. Reaper has been with me since day one but learning Reinhardt has stepped my game up and has actually taught me to be a better player. Heart says Reaper, brain says Reinhardt.

You're a Reinhardt main now and all his weapons look good gold. Easy decision.

But Jellie, think about the off the top rope death blossoms with golden guns.

playing at 1600 dpi and 10 sens...feels good

How do you shoot stuff at that sensitivity. Like you just nudge the mouse and it'll do a 720.

finalflame

playing at 1600 dpi and 10 sens...feels good

67b.jpg

how can anyone accurately aim like this

Jellie

Yeah I'm leaning towards Reaper or Reinhardt. Reaper has been with me since day one but learning Reinhardt has stepped my game up and has actually taught me to be a better player. Heart says Reaper, brain says Reinhardt.

But Jellie, think about the off the top rope death blossoms with golden guns.

How do you shoot stuff at that sensitivity. Like you just nudge the mouse and it'll do a 720.

But you gotta assert dominance over the enemy rein with your golden weapon. The rein mind games. He'll be like shit I've already lost the game.

LiK

o I was thinking playing on a track ball mouse. lol
or you just referring to the old ball mouse that predates optical/laser tracking mouse?

yea, just an old ball mouse. never used trackballs in my life.

i used to play CS 1.6 with a ball mouse better than people with optical mice. feelsgoodman

ohkay

Reinhardt's is towards the top of my own list since all his skins look good with a giant gold axe/hammer, but I've been debating between that, Tracer again (RIP PS4 cosmetics), Genji, or Ana

I'm excited to see some of my console brethren proving themselves on PC. I'm not talking about dspstanky either, that guy has seen tremendous success as one of the best Lucio's regardless of platform, it's not even worth mentioning him at this point...

I'm not sure where the fallacy came from, but it's very common for PC players to watch a video and no matter how impressive it is, they downplay it because it's "console players are not as skilled as PC". I'm not denying the fact that skill ceiling is much higher and more crowded on PC, but people like spanky proved that you can't just shit on someone's skill on console cause they're playing people who are "gold level on PC" (when they're masters/GM/top 500 on console...)

Some guys who recently jumped console to PC:

Arikadou
Gleevac (former console widow main)

I like Arikadou more because he's not a one character show. Both have expressed that they find aiming on the mouse/kb easier than controller (flick shots are wayyyy easier). Right now I think they value high sensitivity more than they should (I guess its OK if you got the reflexes, I'm old so I rely on my muscle memory). But I hope to see more from them once they're actually ranked.

adamy

Banned
I'm excited to see some of my console brethren proving themselves on PC. I'm not talking about dspstanky either, that guy has seen tremendous success as one of the best Lucio's regardless of platform, it's not even worth mentioning him at this point...

I'm not sure where the fallacy came from, but it's very common for PC players to watch a video and no matter how impressive it is, they downplay it because it's "console players are not as skilled as PC". I'm not denying the fact that skill ceiling is much higher and more crowded on PC, but people like spanky proved that you can't just shit on someone's skill on console cause they're playing people who are "gold level on PC" (when they're masters/GM/top 500 on console...)

Arikadou

I like Arikadou more because he's not a one character show. Both have expressed that they find aiming on the mouse/kb easier than controller (flick shots are wayyyy easier). Right now I think they value high sensitivity more than they should (I guess its OK if you got the reflexes, I'm old so I rely on my muscle memory). But I hope to see more from them once they're actually ranked.

I switched from PC to console. played PC FPS my entire life until Overwatch. I'm much older now and appreciate being able to play with a controller on my couch in the living room. I sometimes miss kb/mouse but prefer the convenience of a controller. isn't a huge hindrance as the general skill level is much lower on console.

it's easy for lifetime FPS gamers to switch between console and PC because technical skills/aiming/etc are a small portion of what it takes to be legit. the macro game is just as important. positioning and shit are absolutely crucial. you can be the most accurate mcree in the world but if you don't know the fundamentals on pushing as a team, proper positioning, how to play your role effectively, etc. you will be shit.

AbaFadi

Banned

Arikadou

I know a few people from ps4 who are already gm on pc. Pretty much every gm on ps4 that switched over from what I know hit masters within a few days on pc.

Jellie

I know a few people from ps4 who are already gm on pc. Pretty much every gm on ps4 that switched over from what I know hit masters within a few days on pc.

I was just outside the top 500 for season 2 on PS4 but only got placed plat on PC. Feels bad. Then again I moved to PC when top 500 just released so the cutoff was only around the 3400s/3500s at the time. Maybe I should've switched to PC at the end of the season. Makes me wonder what rank I would have ended up on since they changed the ranks from season 1. What would 70 in season 1 translate to in the current scoring system. Would it be 3500 since everything was multiplied by 50 or 4000 since that was the 3000CP reward at the end of the season?

What would 70 in season 1 translate to in the current scoring system. Would it be 3500 since everything was multiplied by 50 or 4000 since that was the 3000CP reward at the end of the season?

I don't think that season 1 rank really translates well tbh. I feel as though there were so many things messed up in season one that we are better off just leaving it in its own little vacuum lol.

I switched from PC to console. played PC FPS my entire life until Overwatch. I'm much older now and appreciate being able to play with a controller on my couch in the living room. I sometimes miss kb/mouse but prefer the convenience of a controller. isn't a huge hindrance as the general skill level is much lower on console.

it's easy for lifetime FPS gamers to switch between console and PC because technical skills/aiming/etc are a small portion of what it takes to be legit. the macro game is just as important. positioning and shit are absolutely crucial. you can be the most accurate mcree in the world but if you don't know the fundamentals on pushing as a team, proper positioning, how to play your role effectively, etc. you will be shit.

I hear you, I came from a similar background. I haven't played a console FPS in over a decade, overwatch was my return to console FPS. I struggled for a long time trying to re-learn the controller, in fact I would say I spent too much trying to get my mechanical skill up to average standards. I'm comfortable with it now, but I can't deny that the PC version of OW just feels better to me with M/KB.

Anyone of note to watch? I like seeing the differences in play style switching from one peripheral to another.

I was just outside the top 500 for season 2 on PS4 but only got placed plat on PC. Feels bad. Then again I moved to PC when top 500 just released so the cutoff was only around the 3400s/3500s at the time. Maybe I should've switched to PC at the end of the season. Makes me wonder what rank I would have ended up on since they changed the ranks from season 1. What would 70 in season 1 translate to in the current scoring system. Would it be 3500 since everything was multiplied by 50 or 4000 since that was the 3000CP reward at the end of the season?

I wouldn't read into that too much, I'm barely ~diamond (never made it close to masters) level and I'm sure i would place gold MAYBE plat. My fear would be placing below that :( , my heart is not ready for disappointment like that (if it ever happens).

Jellie

I don't think that season 1 rank really translates well tbh. I feel as though there were so many things messed up in season one that we are better off just leaving it in its own little vacuum lol.
True, sudden death was pretty BS.
I wouldn't read into that too much, I'm barely ~diamond (never made it close to masters) level and I'm sure i would place gold MAYBE plat. My fear would be placing below that :( , my heart is not ready for disappointment like that (if it ever happens).

Eh I climbed like 600 SR from my initial placement and got into diamond within 2 days of it in season 2 so I ended up just below my PS4 rank. I finally surpassed my PS4 rank I think now. Somebody on my PSN friendlist will have to tell me what my season high in season 2 was since I can't get on my PS4 right now.

LiK

I was in spawn as Mei with two other Meis and we stoood there looking at each other and I used the voice line "Ohhh Scary!". Laughed my ass off.

finalflame

I think widowmaker is too overpowered. I'm sick of getting one shot killed with her gun.

Don't be in her LOS and get your team to coordinate and harass her. Winston, D.Va, and Genji all do this well.

This game isn't balanced around 1v1 encounters. It takes a lot of skill to get a 1HKO headshot with Widow, to the point where she is virtually useless in the hands of someone with mediocre aim.

Edit: Also, the nature of your complaint engenders my least favorite kind of OW feedback: "X hero killed me 1 too many times, they're OP nerf them!!!". This is what 90% of the trash on the Battle.net forums is, and the reason why I no longer even bother going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom