• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Stream over. Thanks anybody that watched, we went on a 6 game winstreak tonight ;~;7

30524ac5aa.png

cyborg009

Banned
I love getting paired up with the same shitty teammates 3 games in a row. WTF blizzard.

And due to blizzard match making system I can't tell if I'm improving or not...

ohkay

Are comp games worth playing since it's the end of the season? There's a thread on the competitive overwatch reddit that's making me worried about queuing

Anne

Are comp games worth playing since it's the end of the season? There's a thread on the competitive overwatch reddit that's making me worried about queuing

We just played duo queue and it wasn't too bad, but was definitely more fiest-y than usual.

What is "queuing"?

Literally entering the search queue for competitive matches. Just shorthand for playing comp.

komaruR

last season bliz unloaded the sombra patch on the last week of the season and it was a mess for a couple of days until ppl finally stop using her in comp lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did he get Top 500 back yet? A few days ago he was in a real slump and dropped all the way down to 3850. He was hundreds of points lower than TimTheTatman and it was clear that bruised his ego a bit.

He's 48 points away or something.

He queued into a game with Tim against Moon and Wraxu and they IMMEDIATELY focused Lass so you could tell they know who does the carrying

MartyStu

There's nothing in the game more frustrating to play against than a good Widow. She's similar to Sym/Torb in her ability to completely shutdown uncoordinated teams, but also easily countered by coordinated teams just the same.

She doesn't need a nerf, though. It's not her fault coordinating with random people online can feel like pulling teeth.

She is in a different league when compared to Torb and Sym. She actually takes skill to be annoying. Sym dominates low-skilled play regardless of who uses her.

A good, I have successfully fallen to the point of being matched with a pair that insta-locks Lucio and Ana and throws by never healing. I just quit. I don't even care. Cannot wait for this season to end, it has been such a shitshow the entire time.

There's a real annoying mentality in Overwatch where people don't want to use their ults unless it's gonna be big.

I get that no one wants to fumble an ult, but it's better to have an okay ult where our team comes out on top than to hold onto it and get team wiped. Just had a Zarya that refused to ult unless, according to him, it would snag 5-6 members of the enemy team.

We lost 1-3.

Hell I'd rather people waste their ults than finish a losing match and see half my team still has their ults.

ISOM

There's a real annoying mentality in Overwatch where people don't want to use their ults unless it's gonna be big.

I get that no one wants to fumble an ult, but it's better to have an okay ult where our team comes out on top than to hold onto and get team wiped. Just had a Zarya that refused to ult unless, according to him, it would snag 5-6 members of the enemy team.

We lost 1-3.

Hell I'd rather people waste their ults than finish a losing match and see half my team still has their ults.

Agreed. If you catch 1-2 people in an ult like a healer and tank that's a good job. You will almost always win fights that are 4v6 or 5v6 depending on who you kill. I don't think most people realize this especially in the lower levels.

With all the changes Bastion doesn't even feel like the same character anymore. Might as well keep Bastion the same and create a new hero with his new attributes IMO.

Bastion is supposed to be a stationary threat and reward patience. I'm not sure I like the Bastion that's running around and being Soldier 76.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
With all the changes Bastion doesn't even feel like the same character anymore. Might as well keep Bastion the same and create a new hero with his new attributes IMO.

Bastion is supposed to be a stationary threat and reward patience. I'm not sure I like the Bastion that's running around and being Soldier 76.

He's a crap s76 if so then.

No burst, no mobility ability, can't heal and shoot at the same time, stupid big hitboxes.

Only thing better would be his health.

He's a crap s76 if so then.

No burst, no mobility ability, can't heal and shoot at the same time, stupid big hitboxes.

Only thing better would be his health.

You basically need to play him like S76 now. That's his playstyle, moving around some more, his sentry mode is only useful in some situations. Before, the sentry mode was Bastion. Playstyle is completely different now.

I swear, competitive at a certain point (sr rank) is just a real shit hole.

It's literally impossible to move up, no matter what cause once you start getting on a winstreak, you start getting grouped with leavers/ragequitters/jerks/trolls. It's insane.

Solo queue is the worst. I've made friends with some good players who I queue with now hoping we can try to carry. But when u get the 1 or 2 jerks on your team who refuse to cooperate, it's so hard to carry for them, especially when you end up going against NA's #1 roadhog somehow on the other team who happens to be very low sr but hitting like 95% of his hooks. (damn smurfs).

all i do is go up, then back down, back up, then back down, back up then back down back up then back down.

Gorillaz

I swear, competitive at a certain point (sr rank) is just a real shit hole.

It's literally impossible to move up, no matter what cause once you start getting on a winstreak, you start getting grouped with leavers/ragequitters/jerks/trolls. It's insane.

Solo queue is the worst. I've made friends with some good players who I queue with now hoping we can try to carry. But when u get the 1 or 2 jerks on your team who refuse to cooperate, it's so hard to carry for them, especially when you end up going against NA's #1 roadhog somehow on the other team who happens to be very low sr but hitting like 95% of his hooks. (damn smurfs).

all i do is go up, then back down, back up, then back down, back up then back down back up then back down.

Moon Moon giving you that work huh
he's barely in top 500 right I think right

Game needs a 'vote to forfeit' option akin to Rocket League's imo. For those games where you're on attack, the enemy team has set up camp outside your spawn and the Hanzo still hasn't switched.

Zen Aku

Played with a group of friends last night. Finally after almost 3 long season. I made it to Diamond!

Was stuck between 2400-2999 forever. Yeah that's right. I got to 2999 once. (Fuck me)

Now I'm at 3186, got on a 13 games winning streak! My Pharah friend got to Master today, our Ana friend also got to Diamond. Now I can finally relax.

That feel when you're frozen, about to be finished by a Mei, and the Mei somehow misses at point blank range allowing you to thaw and kill her.

i_shouldnt_be_alive_show.jpg

ZangBa

Me and 3 other diamond people grouped up with 2 randoms vs. 6 stack of full grandmasters, lol wtf. Then we win anyway. How the hell does that happen?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just had a moment as Mei on the Eichenwalde bridge where I froze a Genji that was over the side of it and he fell to his death.

whydidInotplayhersooner

antitrop

Just had a moment as Mei on the Eichenwalde bridge where I froze a Genji that was over the side of it and he fell to his death.

whydidInotplayhersooner

You should have played her when her ult charged so fast she could have it like every fight, it was ridiculous.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

whydidInotplayhersooner
Now you need to develop the skill of the other Meis to somehow magically sneak past my entire team who have filled up the only routes around to reach me in order to freeze me from behind while my whole team is somehow unaware even though the ice stream is clearly crossing their FoV and the other enemies aren't here yet.

Now you need to develop the skill of the other Meis to somehow magically sneak past my entire team who have filled up the only routes around to reach me in order to freeze me from behind while my whole team is somehow unaware even though the ice stream is clearly crossing their FoV and the other enemies aren't here yet.

You too? :-O

Edit: Of course, the flip side of this is that I try the same thing, but when I flank the entire enemy team is like "GET MEI KILL HER NOW" and I have to ice block ASAP and run away.

Cappa

Banned
tfw you post in a community for queues but are never noticed.

I still don't know your psn name

Also, you're probably another rival Mercy main and I won't tolerate more competition, it's bad enough nd is now a Rein main.

LOL I dont know your PSN name and I cant remember Marios either....

you guys should change your PSN name to your GAF name.....

oh wait.

Seriously, it was completely broken lol

Even now is one of the fastest ults to charge.

You too? :-O

Edit: Of course, the flip side of this is that I try the same thing, but when I flank the entire enemy team is like "GET MEI KILL HER NOW" and I have to ice block ASAP and run away.

I want to post some Mei videos on here so you all can make fun of how bad my Mei is. Whats the easiest way? Linking it to youtube or something?

I only post videos that make me look good.

It's the only reason anyone wants to play with me.

That's the secret of every YouTuber: if you don't show the clips where you play like a kid with a popgun, then nobody will think you're bad at the game. It's how every CS, CoD, and BF YouTuber has done it for years.

nOoblet16

If it turns out to be true that your ranking depends a lot on your previous season's rankings rather than placement matches and recent QP results. Then I guess I am screwed for next season.

Cappa

Banned
If it turns out to be true that your ranking depends a lot on your previous season's rankings rather than placement matches and recent QP results. Then I guess I am screwed for next season.

Well, QP certainly shouldnt factor into competitive rankings lol. I am completely on board with that not being a factor.

And ranking should be based on last season and your placement matches.. I mean, if youre ranked Bronze and win 10 out of 10 of your placement matches I dont think you should automatically skyrocket into Diamond lol.

caesar

Banned
Stream over. Thanks anybody that watched, we went on a 6 game winstreak tonight ;~;7

Gratzz, is it just me or do you notice hardly any difference between 3.8 players low 4k players? Think its when you hit 4.3 when you truly see people on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom