• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

That defence by Kongdoo on Eichenwalde just showed the strength of DVa. 3 times they basically had player advantage but DVa's insane utility kept the point from being taken.

C9 are a joke though.

Skii

Eh, they really did push KDU who is a top 5 team. If they had played like that vs AFB they would easily be in playoffs.

But they didn't because they're bottle jobs atm.

My comment is just in general anyway. They have very little impact in the pro scene even though they're a talented squad. Seems like a mentality thing for them.

Anne

This is a good chart

overview.png

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/02/pc-competitive-ladder-season-3-report.html

Anne

Final results from the regular APEX season:

Top seeds will be drawing their playoff match ups on stream up next. Teams in red will relegated to challenger to fight for their spots next time.

Jellie

My Sombra EMP gif is a reddit hit
gaycat4.png

This one I assume?
I tried sombra out yesterday and actually did decent. Was doing off season as Ana with 5 dps and lost first 2 rounds of illios since 5 dps and I somehow had silver elims with 8 after 2 rounds. Switched to Sombra and we almost won. She's pretty fun.

I've only ever had one reddit hit. Only posted once so 100% rate yay. Was on Civ v though which isn't as popular :( 600 upvotes though which made it the top post of the day :D

MKIL65

Haven't played the game in 2 months, didn't realize Bastion was getting buffed.

I was thinking Junkrat rework would make more sense.

Do folks here go for the 3 arcade lootboxes every week? I generally do but I find most of the arcade modes a drag. I only play 3v3 or random heroes. Random heroes is sometimes super frustrating due to the lack of agency.

Anne

Apex Round 2 draws are finished. Each group is double elim bracket, top 2 of those brackets will go on to the top 4 finals single elim bracket. The top seeds decided their groups and match ups based on a random draw order.

Group A:
Lunatic Hai(1) vs EnVyUs
Kongdoo Uncia(3) vs Runaway

Group B:
Meta Athena(2) vs Afreeca Freecs Blue
Kongdoo Panthera(4) vs Luxury Watch Blue

Matches will start on 3/3 (Friday)

EnVyUs was the most desired team to play against in playoffs lol

Poor defense chars.

Yeah - although it's surprising that with all the complaining people do about Hanzo/Widowmaker, they don't seem to be a huge percentage of picks in competitive. Guess that's more a QP thing.

Related to stats - I wonder if Blizzard will ever make stats available by map. I'd personally like to know my win-loss record on specific maps, as well as whether I do better on Attack or Defense.

i've been playing mystery heroes a lot lately and i actually like that the team comps can get very stupid. yeah sometimes you get screwed over big time but i just enjoy the insanity of it all. i don't feel stressed at a loss because there was never a competitive aspect of that mode for me- I'm just there to experience what's possible in Overwatch :p

I'm with you. It's the perfect opportunity for some no-stakes fun.

ISOM

Yeah - although it's surprising that with all the complaining people do about Hanzo/Widowmaker, they don't seem to be a huge percentage of picks in competitive. Guess that's more a QP thing.

Related to stats - I wonder if Blizzard will ever make stats available by map. I'd personally like to know my win-loss record on specific maps, as well as whether I do better on Attack or Defense.

Look how much people complain about Widow and imagine if she had the same pick rate as say Soldier76 or hell even Pharah. The game would be unplayable if Widowmakers were that popular. She gets outsized complaints because her ability to one shot is that devastating and it's much more annoying issue in comp as no one cares that much in QP.

Skii

I haven't been seeing a lot of Soldier at APEX which is pretty good. McCree is obviously still the king vs all the Genjis/Tracers flying about. Also seeing a healthy amount of Winston on maps with good verticality.

Maybe it's a bit anecdotal though as I haven't watched it as carefully as others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom