• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

I didn't become a Mercy main by choice. I was just so willing to fill support that eventually it became by far my best class to play, and therefore my favorite.

That's how I ended up becoming a Lucio main back on PS4. Had a 70% win rate with him in QP, 60 in comp and climbed to 70 in season 1.
Not so good with him on PC though :(

I didn't become a Mercy main by choice. I was just so willing to fill support that eventually it became by far my best class to play, and therefore my favorite.

When I first started playing, I was mostly Torb/Roadhog/Soldier76, and then I got so sick of not having supports that I just grew into maining that class. I enjoy playing support now.

Bruh.

I typically played support but for the life of me seasons one and two I could not make enough of an impact as a support so I switched to Tank.

This season I barely have above 50% WR as tank but my DPS is doing work. I don't get it.

I need to just stick to a role more often.

ALSO

Fuck Mercy invulnerability. We had a Genji who would not find the Mercy on Volskaya and she stopped three of our teamwipes on point B by just waiting in spawn and then running out with "MY SERVANTS NEVER DIE" and I couldn't do a damn thing as Rein.

She was playing smart but man it was so frustrating.

When I first started playing, I was mostly Torb/Roadhog/Soldier76, and then I got so sick of not having supports that I just grew into maining that class. I enjoy playing support now.

I kinda did the same with Reinhardt and Lucio. I didn't feel comfortable playing DPS because of my high ping and lack of fundamentals. I love playing Rein and Lucio though, except when I don't want to lol. I despise being forced to fill in gaps when I try to practice; I don't mind being flexible and switching mid-fight to counter or as an element of surprise.

I had mixed results with Mercy. She needs solid team work and a lot of work from me to compensate for the lack of communication.

Nd must go back to using a mic and Lik should talk too.

Talking...let's do it!

For the record, I didn't leave last night because you joined. I was already leaving to whip up some dinner and then you joined.

By the time I got back on, it looked like everyone had sort of bailed.

I don't need to talk to climb. You guys can just do callouts and I'll take care of you.

I'd say about 30% of the time I mute comms and tell people "I'm starting to tilt just use chat wheel and call out and I'll follow"

But yeah, most of the time any random Comp game people should know what they're doing and what their win conditions are.

It's so frustrating when people just try to brute force a comp or strat when it's clearly not working.

Communication is nice but except for flanking callouts it's not really necessary if everyone performs their function.

Like the duo last night playing Mercy and Symmetra trying to do Battle Symm with damage boost while our team was dying due to no healing so I switched from Rein to Ana and they blamed me for the loss.

How many games did you play of those seasons? How often people are on mic tends to vary depending on time of day and on which point the season is in, and I agree that they're not on mics as often as they should be, but I got atleast 15 people on mic through the 10 games I played just last night.

I guess I should record my matches then, because toxicity was such a common thing around me in season 2-3, I couldn't believe the frequency. Most of it wasn't towards me, but when it was it usually was about my playtime or how I wasn't good with ___. I played easily over 300 matches in season 3 alone (side note: not proud of that figure, but it is what it is, I don't touch QP/arcade though). I usually played in the evening and weekends, weekends were easily the most toxic. I also noticed at the end of the season is when it reached critical mass, everyone was tilted because they weren't going to reach the rank they wanted.

This season, entirely different story thus far, but I'm not playing as much as I did season 4 (I had a ton of vacation during S3). I haven't encountered anyone that was toxic this season, this is probably around less than 30 matches total. This season has been quite the opposite than previous, have had 2 nights where everyone was being supportive of each other!

Veelk

Banned
I guess I should record my matches then, because toxicity was such a common thing around me in season 2-3, I couldn't believe the frequency. Most of it wasn't towards me, but when it was it usually was about my playtime or how I wasn't good with ___. I played easily over 300 matches in season 3 alone (side note: not proud of that figure, but it is what it is, I don't touch QP/arcade though). I usually played in the evening and weekends, weekends were easily the most toxic. I also noticed at the end of the season is when it reached critical mass, everyone was tilted because they weren't going to reach the rank they wanted.

This season, entirely different story thus far, but I'm not playing as much as I did season 4 (I had a ton of vacation during S3). I haven't encountered anyone that was toxic this season, this is probably around less than 30 matches total. This season has been quite the opposite than previous, have had 2 nights where everyone was being supportive of each other!

It's not that I don't believe you or anything, but it's just not the experience I had, so I'm wondering how i managed to avoid it all if it's as common as that.

Talking...let's do it!

Haven't played with you in quite a while, most my IRL friends stopped playing OW :( hit me up if you ever see me on.

For the record, I didn't leave last night because you joined. I was already leaving to whip up some dinner and then you joined.

By the time I got back on, it looked like everyone had sort of bailed.

I have you on my friends list but not sure if we ever played! If you see me on send an invite!

PSN:
killdatninja

Have we decided on the OT9 title?

OT9 I Quie Es Sombra?

OT9 I Jeff Mains Hanzo

I have nothing witty this time around :/

OT9 I Legend of Hanzo : Jeff of the Wild

How many games did you play of those seasons? How often people are on mic tends to vary depending on time of day and on which point the season is in, and I agree that they're not on mics as often as they should be, but I got atleast 15 people on mic through the 10 games I played just last night.

Not sure how many games i checked my stats online for my ps4 acc and it says 65 hours
Mostly played qp on console

Jellie

reaper?!

don't worry. owzer always do that to me. he leaves after I joined for one game!

Not worth running reaper for that. Doesn't deal with genji or tracer. Might as well run hog to deal with winston. He can heal if he gets dived until teammates can help.

komaruR

Not worth running reaper for that. Doesn't deal with genji or tracer. Might as well run hog to deal with winston. He can heal if he gets dived until teammates can help.

but hog will be a ult charger for a tracer and shuriken genji. atleast reaper can prevent tracer or genji from coming in to close range.

KiraFA37

x2kBo4g.gif

Congrats man I might be slightly jellie now
I'm just going to hit grand master before you...
no wait top 500
!
, what did you play as in the last of couple of games? Zarya or support?

Edit: |OT9| Genji will create this thread after he capped the point.

D.Va as well to an extent with DM and the fly ability. Pharah is also alright as she can just not get dived.

I have most success with McCree and Roadhog against dive though. Bait out their escape moves (reflect, rewind, etc.) then go in for the hook or flashbang.

Lol, same here.

For me though, I'm stuck in a spot where I feel obligated to roll support because my teammates aren't going to do as good of a job. And on the other end, while I'm very confident in some characters as DPS or Tank, I still feel like another teammate will probably be better than me.

It's making it very tedious trying to rank up in comp, lol.

Jellie

but hog will be a ult charger for a tracer and shuriken genji. atleast reaper can prevent tracer or genji from coming in to close range.
Not as much an ult battery as he was before. Plus reaper straight up sucks.
Congrats man I might be slightly jellie now
I'm just going to hit grand master before you...
no wait top 500
!
, what did you play as in the last of couple of games? Zarya or support?

Edit: |OT9| Genji will create this thread after he capped the point.
It was with Ana. Thanks, your turn next
D.Va as well to an extent with DM and the fly ability. Pharah is also alright as she can just not get dived.

I have most success with McCree and Roadhog against dive though. Bait out their escape moves (reflect, rewind, etc.) then go in for the hook or flashbang.
Dva is good as she can escape and disrupt their dive.
|OT9| Prepare for Death
OT9 wrestle with Jeff
OT10 prepare for death

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I recently found Arikadou to watch, can recommend.

I find Muselk watchable, he makes me chuckle. I mostly pull down a lot of Curios highlights, but I'm starting to tire of the repeating music.

Seems like a big volunteer net for all that footage from what I saw on the "submit a clip" thing. But big plays are big plays.

The worst thing about playing in a group is having to try hard when the randoms are trolling. If I was playing by myself I would throw the games immediately, but like this I feel bad doing it. And then I get tilted when I could be having "fun" killing people with scatters or hammering them with torb, losing faster.

This describes my games today:

LgzRAg.gif

That was a diamond-platinum duo on my team...

Talking...let's do it!

Not happening :p

LiK

The worst thing about playing in a group is having to try hard when the randoms are trolling. If I was playing by myself I would throw the games immediately, but like this I feel bad doing it. And then I get tilted when I could be having "fun" killing people with scatters or hammering them with torb, losing faster.

This describes my games today:

LgzRAg.gif

That was a diamond-platinum duo on my team...

Not happening :p

the heck is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom