• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

You can literally leave safely after the big fat defeat message appears. So I don't know what you are asking exactly?

If you leave immediately when the final score comes up due to high sodium intake you can be slapped with a leaver penalty even though you could no longer play or have any impact.

skny

I think it would be great if they made it so you have to get the first full tick to win and after the first tick every percent matters like it does right now. It would prevent the instant caps with sombra or tracer and reduce the draws drastically.

Zekes!

I haven't played OW since the Lunar New Year event, what should I be aware of in regards to the current state of the game?

Azoor

I haven't played OW since the Lunar New Year event, what should I be aware of in regards to the current state of the game?

D.va has been nerfed, Bastion have been buffed and then nerfed again, we're gonna have a new hero, and Lucio is going to be changed.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

KillGore

D.va has been nerfed, Bastion have been buffed and then nerfed again, we're gonna have a new hero, and Lucio is going to be changed.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Unless he/she is on console. Bastion still hasn't been nerfed. Thanks, Blizz.

MZ7H8G6.png
Masters is the worst.
our mei was junkrat for the first 2 points.

Those competitive mode experiences above are really scaring me; I am glad I stopped playing comp for now. I don't know how I managed to climb 400 SR in such a short amount of time by solo queueing . I would have probably uninstalled OW if things went bad.

pizzacat

Banned
playing pharah again in comp

why

i was supposed to stop

no mains :/

62 direct hits with no shield opponents :) at least my pharahs back

hesido

If you leave immediately when the final score comes up due to high sodium intake you can be slapped with a leaver penalty even though you could no longer play or have any impact.

He knows :)

Don't think Bastion is nerfed. Everybody and their cousins are picking it, including attacks.

DevilDog

Those competitive mode experiences above are really scaring me; I am glad I stopped playing comp for now. I don't know how I managed to climb 400 SR in such a short amount of time by solo queueing . I would have probably uninstalled OW if things went bad.

You were on the enemy team in our matches.

I lost 6 OUT OF 10 matches to leavers today. Let that sink in.

You were on the enemy team in our matches.

I lost 6 OUT OF 10 matches to leavers today. Let that sink in.

Ouch. I had quitters and griefers in season 1. I went 2-8 in placements, and lost all my progress to leavers in the opposite team; I had a high winrate after placement.

Was I really playing against your team? I didn't play comp in a week or so.

DevilDog

Ouch. I had quitters and griefers in season 1. I went 2-8 in placements, and lost all my progress to leavers in the opposite team; I had a high winrate after placement.

Was I really playing against your team? I didn't play comp in a week or so.

Íf i'm going to count griefers too the number will go up to 8/10. I'm just being nice about it.

No, I was just answering you about how you can climb 400 SR.

You don't have my teams, and the enemy team has my teams.

Íf i'm going to count griefers too the number will go up to 8/10. I'm just being nice about it.

No, I was just answering you about how you can climb 400 SR.

You don't have my teams, and the enemy team has my teams.

Oh okay lol. I didn't have any leavers in my season 3 and 4 matches. I gained 200 sr from placements and 200 from matches (s3 was only placements+2 matches). S4 was much worse than 3 because of Junkrat and Bastion.

Good luck with comp and climbing back. I know how bad it feels when you try hard yet you feel powerless about leavers and Junkrat mains.

DR2K

Banned
Lost 5 competitive matches in a row completely due to rage quitters. 1 should be an entire day. 2 rage quit should ban you for a week from competitive. 3 for the season.

exYle

Torbjorn already works like that with his armor packs , you recollect your resources from dead enemies and they already work as extra hp when deployed on allies, so it wouldn't be a new concept at all.

Make reaper a semi support by giving hm the ability of releasing your collected souls to heal allied teammates, same concept but at least it makes him more attractive to play.

We're kind of at a point where there aren't likely to be many new heroes that don't have abilities similar to other heroes. Orisa, for example, has basically nothing that other heroes don't do similarly.

What I think this hero should be able to do differently than Torbjorn is that he or she can heal someone to full health, so long as they have siphoned enough health from enemies. So for example, if they kill a Roadhog single handedly, that's 600 HP they can distribute to their teammates.

KiraFA37

Getting placed in a placement match, opposing team have all placed, our team has a 4-stack that is unplaced with ratings going from 2300 to 3300 guess how it went?
Got rekt. I hate these kinda matches.

Shouta

I need to do a few more games on PTR with the new Lucio but so far, I like him. The shorter range on his aura is going to take a bit of getting used to but getting his potency back is extremely welcome. The primary being a bit smaller but travelling faster is really nice for offense and the buff to boop is noticeable.

I'm sort of interested in what it'll mean for which healer combinations are going to be common and how they'll be working together.

4min to take b instead of drawing.
Genji goes junkrat cuz one guy said genji is useless against pharahmercy that was dumpin on us.

End of the match

"How do you like your draw"

Give me strength pls masters is dumpster fire

DevilDog

4min to take b instead of drawing.
Genji goes junkrat cuz one guy said genji is useless against pharahmercy that was dumpin on us.

End of the match

"How do you like your draw"

Give me strength pls masters is dumpster fire

Some people are still kids inside, unable to control their emotions. I'm so dissapointed with the OW community today. At least you got a draw.

Carried a match as Mercy today. Tanks kept pushing up too much, so we got wrecked until the last checkpoint. Dps managed to hold it together, so I had Rez for every fight. Asked someone to switch to soldier to deal with an annoying pharah carrying the team. Held them 3-2.

Probably one of my best performances for sure.

GoaThief

Don't speak to me about Masters... Lost mine tonight after alternating wins and losses. Repeatedly loading into games and seeing your overall team SR is 3300 vs 3490 fills me with despair as even wins means little points for me.

On the plus side; shortly afterwards I got tipped off to check overbuff tonight where I discover my D.va is #24 overall in competitive. Softened the blow a bit. Still a bit deflated as I was playing well, even eating 4 tracer and 2 zarya ults in one game alome.

I'm glad I'm out of town and not playing comp tonight. Granted I haven't played too much comp this season. Sounds horrible.

Will be good to get away from the game for a bit. Coming,back,with a renewed vigor!

Some people are still kids inside, unable to control their emotions. I'm so dissapointed with the OW community today. At least you got a draw.

This low masters elo reminds me of platinum.
Mayb im just having some shitty luck. Im still up from where i started today so thats okay.

Just sucks i know i could b higher.

pizzacat

Banned
I wish pharahs ult was faster

anas just slip by or you already killed your targets but youre still ulting and then you die

ohkay

I've never really experienced the weekend Overwatch phenomenon, but all this talk today makes me not wanna play, especially because I've had a good start to this season after finishing placements earlier this week

Those were some fun games, especially those cheeky Zen picks in that last game and the soldier game on Ilos. Looking forward to the bastion nerf though as he was annoying and you can't counter him as effectively as you should be able to with Pharah.

Top Bottom