• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Guys, what does PharMercy means? I don't get it.

Also im maining Pharah on PS4

Add me if you like to play sometime: C0D10X

It's what people who are in denial that Mercy x Genji is the official pairing talk about.

A Pharah who has a Mercy following her specifically and providing her with a constant Damage boost.

komaruR

Well it was me but i almost lost 1v1 to mercy with my ult on as tjorbjorn. Not my most spectacular play.

While I'm here, can i get some recommended settings for snipers? I mean as far as DPI/sensitivity go. I'm currently on 2400 DPI and sensitivity is 30. I'm absolutely terrible at widow aiming. Like i get into perfect positions but then i literally whiff every shot at moving targets.

please tell me that 30 sensitivity is your zoomed value and not the actual mouse sensitivity in game? D:
if it is, then you'll be like doing 360 with 1-2inch swipe?

Ooh, just been hit with another thing that's been pissing me off for a long time.

Ana's sleep dart is fucking broken too. Countless times a Rein has swung at me just after being stunned and I don't get woken up.

It's funny the shit you stop being able to ignore once you start falling out of love with a game.

You tend to leave after one or two matches, iirc. I'm not sure how we can get better together if you always do that. Sometimes I feel you tilted and decided to leave after a loss.

People in voice chat are like "Did Cappa leave?" lol

Yea Cappa appears and then leaves just as soon as he does.

It's a type of cancer and must be cured.

ez. Add D.Va, hitscan, and Zen.

komaruR

Yea Cappa appears and then leaves just as soon as he does.

ez. Add D.Va, hitscan, and Zen.

for a while back, owzer kept leaving after i joined.

as for DVA against pharmecy, dont chase mercy. such a pain. learn the hard way :(
just tickle her to prevent self healing and hope the dps down the mercy quick.
but if pharah is alone, its easier for dva to give chase.

from what i saw last night pooh stream, you guys need to work on chasing the stray mercy. i see pooh tried to focus her when ever he can but noone was helping much. there was that game on route 66 where you guys got a random on your team who is a tracer on attack. man, s/he killed the mercy every fight up to the 2nd point giving you gives res-less fights to deal with. i praised her and pooh got jealous :p
pooh you did good work to keep the discord on mercy too, just that the tracer did a nicer job on follow up the kill. she got a quite few picks before a big fight too, giving you guys man advantage.

i didn't feel like playing much until end of the night. because i slept at 4am the night before lol
the the couple qp games i did with Lik yesterday before bed tilted me. made me gave zero f, and played hanzo. i felt bad on the nepal game as hanzo. the tracer in our team was giving his all and manage to get a 1-1 and i f it up by staying hanzo :(
thats y the next match i start playing with the team when s/he was still on our side.

Cappa

Banned
You tend to leave after one or two matches, iirc. I'm not sure how we can get better together if you always do that. Sometimes I feel you tilted and decided to leave after a loss.

People in voice chat are like "Did Cappa leave?" lol
Lol I was only half serious. The last time on Wednesday I left because it was late more than anything else.

Last season when I grouped up with you and others lots of times you were all in qp and I find qp really boring so yeah I would leave quick. I usually stick around win or lose on the weekends until everyone agrees to bail and more of you guys are actually playing comp this season so I keep my interest lol.

I haven't had much success in 6 stacks with you guys in competitive I think at best was like 50/50 but.....ive had plenty of great win streaks with duo and quad stacking though...we'll see this weekend!

Lol I was only half serious. The last time on Wednesday I left because it was late more than anything else.

Last season when I grouped up with you and others lots of times you were all in qp and I find qp really boring so yeah I would leave quick. I usually stick around win or lose on the weekends until everyone agrees to bail and more of you guys are actually playing comp this season so I keep my interest lol.

I haven't had much success in 6 stacks with you guys in competitive I think at best was like 50/50 but.....ive had plenty of great win streaks with duo and quad stacking though...we'll see this weekend!

Don't forget in house if you can make it.

But yea I've been telling GAF crew 4 stack and below is best. Most of the time 6 stack comes out even.

komaruR

Don't forget in house if you can make it.

But yea I've been telling GAF crew 4 stack and below is best. Most of the time 6 stack comes out even.

i also didnt join you guys last night was because you guys were having better options. once 6 stack is form and 1, 2, or 3 guys can only play a few heros, the variation greatly hampers. Atleast when you 4 were playing (scrub, ND, owzer, pooh) you have scrub and ND that can play multiple roles and the randoms usually can fill (which if its a good genji/tracer, its a good game. mostly hope for good genjis!)

owzer should try branching out to hog and winston more. since i always see you end up playing rein when in dire situation.

LiK

We need to have lengthier sessions together. Sometimes it takes 2-3 matches for people to start synergizing. Like last night, I haven't played with Buttchin in a while and our first two games were a disaster. But we won the later 3 matches.

I understand timezones is gonna make this tough for you.

komaruR

Is there somewhere with a list of recommended sensitivity for each hero on consoles?

its really personal preference. you can do well on any sensitivity as long you are comfortable and on point. but general most people will recommend you to play on higher sensitivity on console so that you have a faster 180 movement. just don't compromise your aiming by increasing the sensitivity too much.

i also didnt join you guys last night was because you guys were having better options. once 6 stack is form and 1, 2, or 3 guys can only play a few heros, the variation greatly hampers. Atleast when you 4 were playing (scrub, ND, owzer, pooh) you have scrub and ND that can play multiple roles and the randoms usually can fill (which if its a good genji/tracer, its a good game. mostly hope for good genjis!)

owzer should try branching out to hog and winston more. since i always see you end up playing rein when in dire situation.

If you Wana play just let us know. We can split the stack or maybe go 5 or play some QP with ya.

LiK

Is there somewhere with a list of recommended sensitivity for each hero on consoles?

personal preference. you need to adjust it until you feel comfortable aiming with that specific hero. if you find it too slow, raise it. if you find it too hard to control, lower it.

Owzers

Winston branching is having problems, our dive comp dream seems to be a one time event with the other two going horribly. I have a long list of characters that I end up not picking, but this is going to change folks and it's going to be really really good.

komaruR

Winston branching is having problems, our dive comp dream seems to be a one time event with the other two going horribly. I have a long list of characters that I end up not picking, but this is going to change folks and it's going to be really really good.
ND needs to go genji! then you can winston

Chance

I'm 75/75 on all characters and I want it higher but I'm scared it'll screw up my Tracer game.

Being able to turn faster after a blink would be huge, though.

Cappa

Banned
Jesus I wonder if I should raise my sensitivity I'm like in the 30s and much lower for people like Pharah lol have I been doing it wrong for so long?

komaruR

Jesus I wonder if I should raise my sensitivity I'm like in the 30s and much lower for people like Pharah lol have I been doing it wrong for so long?

pharah really needs higher. with all the people around you + counting the veritcal movement you need to do, 30 is like turning in mud

I've been gold medaling damage and elims with her right now with such low sensitivity lol

Yeah but what's the counts.

I think my Pharah is higher than my base too but not by much.

You gotta be able to do 90 degree hair turns on escaping enemies below

LiK

Idk I guess I'm just used to it lol if it makes me better using higher sensitivity I'll test it out

Yea, try it out but don't do raise it too high or else it might feel off. I started raising mine after playing on PC. Got used to aiming faster there so when I went back to PS4, it felt slow.

You're fine, most of my characters are 36h/25v.

Pharah I got at like 45h/35v with 70% AA (turning down AA will inherently increase your sensitivity, it doesn't "slow down" as much).

Rein/Monkey 70h/65v

This is with longer thumbsticks or kontrolfreeks, without I would lower my sens 5-10 for all heroes.

Chance

I don't know what I learned by watching that but it makes me want to use more voice line things to the enemy team.

Never underestimate the power of psychological warfare. If I blink onto a point to stall with Tracer and try to kill the bad guys, I'm dead.

If I blink onto the point and just dance around them emoting "hi! Hiya! Hi!", they will never hit me and I can keep it up till my team gets back lol. S'weird.

I don't know what I learned by watching that but it makes me want to use more voice line things to the enemy team.

Ha. Dunkey is the best. That was a gag tho there is probably some Winston strat videos out there.

Everyone could always up their emote and voiceline game tho.

Top Bottom