• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Sayad

We won a game with someone on the team who was trying to derank! Picked Mei and just suicide into the enemy team with emotes and walled us off at chokes on attack(Anubis), and what's worse he picked Mercy on defense and never healed anyone, revived us once on point A after we lost to delay us from defending point B and when he realized we won he left the game before the "Victory" sign to lose points. Of course there's nothing we can do about this on console because fuck Blizzard.

I doubt it. He knew what he was doing from his comments in the aftermath.

His response said he has had anger issues before in the past, he was getting tilted by the other widow and his teammates were egging him on. Although he had no explanation as to why he was straight up being racist, I mean I've told people they fucking suck and some other mean stuff but I don't bring the race/gender/sexual preferences card into play.

If there is any PSA in this it's to stop playing if you're starting to tilt.

LiK

His response said he has had anger issues before in the past, he was getting tilted by the other widow and his teammates were egging him on. Although he had no explanation as to why he was straight up being racist, I mean I've told people they fucking suck and some other mean stuff but I don't bring the race/gender/sexual preferences card into play.

If there is any PSA in this it's to stop playing if you're starting to tilt.

Yup, if you know you're tilting, just stop playing. Take a break. Do something else.

I want to take an overwatch break and play more overwatch at the same time.

P5 is a GREAT game. Making it kind of easy to stay away from Overwatch. Especially because nothing will be as fun as the Ps4 meetup anyway.

quickplay only then. comp could be too stressful at times.

Yup, play QP more. You guys sometimes put too much into Comp. It only ruins your fun.

LOL. Quick play is so god damn awful, and gets me way more aggravated than comp.

rulerk1

I'm seeing more genjis in qp than sniper now. Perfect Winston practice really.

Thanks for the invite last nite Owzers I had fun. Game is really different when you are with a group

LiK

LOL. Quick play is so god damn awful, and gets me way more aggravated than comp.

Quick play can swerve into the dumpster too easily, but it lets me play different characters. I dunno...

If you played in 4+ stacks, it's no different than Comp. If you solo Q, then of course it's a mess. I've been using it to practice my heroes and it's been enjoyable even if people aren't playing seriously. I'm not gonna use Comp to practice anyone.

I'm about to start playing all characters in comp. You can't get anything out of quick play. Every team has a hanzo and widow.

False, I've gotten really good with Zarya in QP. Cuz if I can help carry even a shitty group of randoms to Victory with her, I know I can do even better in Comp with an organized team.

If you played in 4+ stacks, it's no different than Comp. If you solo Q, then of course it's a mess. I've been using it to practice my heroes and it's been enjoyable even if people aren't playing seriously. I'm not gonna use Comp to practice anyone.

False, I've gotten really good with Zarya in QP. Cuz if I can help carry even a shitty group of randoms to Victory with her, I know I can do even better in Comp with an organized team.

I disagree. Because I don't care if it's QP or comp, my natural instinct is that I want to win, and want to play the game correctly. But our six stacks still plays exactly the same way as a team of solo queue players. The amount of times I've had to say "I know it's QP but this comp is absolute shit and no way we are going to win with it" as we get wiped on Hanamura part B for the tenth time is way more infuriating than losing a comp game with a real team composition.

Got DVA'S selfie highlight intro last night, and I have enough coins to buy Widow's Blackwatch skin. So I'm good for this event now. Ready for the 1-year anniversary - hopefully Blizzard has something cool in store.

I want to take an overwatch break and play more overwatch at the same time.

Persona has been great for me in that regard because whenever I need a break from it I can just hop on OW so I'm not getting too burnt out on either.

komaruR

P5 is a GREAT game. Making it kind of easy to stay away from Overwatch. Especially because nothing will be as fun as the Ps4 meetup anyway.

Quick play can swerve into the dumpster too easily, but it lets me play different characters. I dunno...

qp is fine when 6stack most of the time. i do tilt too in qp with randoms but i get over it faster than comp, since its qp.
tho let me know if people are not taking it seriously (as in win/lost dont matter), cause i play every game to win even though i might be trying new heros etc.

exYle

Bought some boxes last night since I'm leaving on vacation until mid-May. Got pretty much everything except the Orisa and Mercy skins, which I'm happy with

SoldnerKei

Only on qp you can get silver kiddos to blame losing the game on you because you picked Hanzo the first round(despite we had a widow too, lol qp). So yeah, qp can be a mess sometimes, most of the time.

LiK

I disagree. Because I don't care if it's QP or comp, my natural instinct is that I want to win, and want to play the game correctly. But our six stacks still plays exactly the same way as a team of solo queue players. The amount of times I've had to say "I know it's QP but this comp is absolute shit and no way we are going to win with it" as we get wiped on Hanamura part B for the tenth time is way more infuriating than losing a comp game with a real team composition.

Depends on who you're playing with. If they want to practice for real, you should let them know that if you're in a stack. If people are just jumping into QP to mess around, I'm not gonna expect much from the team.

Like, when I'm in QP with Komaru or Pooh, I'll let them know if I'm practicing a hero and it's usually a good time.

Depends on who you're playing with. If they want to practice for real, you should let them know that if you're in a stack. If people are just jumping into QP to mess around, I'm not gonna expect much from the team.

I mean there is practicing heroes and then there is "Quick play LUL" comps. I don't mind a Sombra or Orisa in comp if it fits the team and people are playing seriously. But when everyone just picks whoever, the comp ends up looking awful and nothing flows and the game is just a mess.

For example you say that you now know you can now play Zarya in comp, but you still haven't. So how can you be sure? I just see very little correlation in QP practice carrying over to comp unless it is something like McCree aiming and even then it is strictly mechanical, McCree positioning, enemy team, heals, etc. would be completely different in a comp game. The games are have a completely different feel.

To each their own, and I'm glad you guys find it relaxing but if i'm in a group and there is anymore quickplay than 'warmup' then I'm gone pretty quick. I detest it.

LiK

I mean there is practicing heroes and then there is "Quick play LUL" comps. I don't mind a Sombra or Orisa in comp if it fits the team and people are playing seriously. But when everyone just picks whoever, the comp ends up looking awful and nothing flows and the game is just a mess.

For example you say that you now know you can now play Zarya in comp, but you still haven't. So how can you be sure? I just see very little correlation in QP practice carrying over to comp unless it is something like McCree aiming and even then it is strictly mechanical, McCree positioning, enemy team, heals, etc. would be completely different in a comp game. The games are have a completely different feel.

To each their own, and I'm glad you guys find it relaxing but if i'm in a group and there is anymore quickplay than 'warmup' then I'm gone pretty quick. I detest it.

I'll happily take her into Comp if someone else plays DPS. Did fine with her in a match in In-House GAF. I already mentioned I'm comfortable with her enough to play in Comp. Just depends on our team comp for that to happen.

And like I said, if you play in a full stack in QP, it's very similar to Comp. You will have tryhard stacks who will try to wreck you and people will end up playing seriously. It's never failed to happen.

Shahadan

-Single handedly captures the three flags and get back two of ours
-potg
-most gold medals
-still hated by everyone and gets zero vote

Sombra

I'll happily take her into Comp if someone else plays DPS. Did fine with her in a match in In-House GAF. I already mentioned I'm comfortable with her enough to play in Comp. Just depends on our team comp for that to happen.

We need better actual healers and I'll go DPS.

Following Owzers, I'm gonna take a break from comp for a bit (not long maybe just a week so I don't start to decay), rough Sunday...

Gonna explore this custom matches stuff, Ana paintball looks incredibly fun (if anyone in PS4 GAF is down to play this sometime this week I'm down!).

They really need some kind of updated target practice range, the current one is shit, too predictable. Trying out heroes in QP is recipe for disaster nowadays, I end up switching to my try-hard heroes at the very last point just so I don't get stomped on (sometimes too little too late though..)

And like I said, if you play in a full stack in QP, it's very similar to Comp. You will have tryhard stacks who will try to wreck you and people will end up playing seriously. It's never failed to happen.

I agree, you could play her, because you are a good player. But I've won games with Orisa and Sombra several times in QP. But it would still be a LUL pick if I did it in comp. Zarya is a good hero in comp, and you are good at Overwatch, that's why it would work. But what amount of QP wins would I need for you to be okay with me picking Sombra or Orisa in a comp game? I don't think there is a number, to get good in comp, you have to play comp.

Who else can play Mercy in our groups? I can play Zen and Lucio.

Yea we got you. Owzers is getting close but he needs to prioritize DPS over Tanks especially when tanks are over half full. And change his dangus controls.

Our Lucios play him as a DPS.

Also I'm still down for comp. I still need to get 200 SR.... Just no 5 or above stacks plz.

LiK

I agree, you could play her, because you are a good player. But I've won games with Orisa and Sombra several times in QP. But it would still be a LUL pick if I did it in comp. Zarya is a good hero in comp, and you are good at Overwatch, that's why it would work. But what amount of QP wins would I need for you to be okay with me picking Sombra or Orisa in a comp game? I don't think there is a number, to get good in comp, you have to play comp.

Let's go baby, I'm ready to bubble you.

Yea we got you. Owzers is getting close but he needs to prioritize DPS over Tanks especially when tanks are over half full. And change his dangus controls.

Our Lucios play him as a DPS.

Also I'm still down for comp. I still need to get 200 SR.... Just no 5 or above stacks plz.

Haha, Pooh, I feel like you and Owzers should have some in-depth Mercy training or something.

We won a game with someone on the team who was trying to derank! Picked Mei and just suicide into the enemy team with emotes and walled us off at chokes on attack(Anubis), and what's worse he picked Mercy on defense and never healed anyone, revived us once on point A after we lost to delay us from defending point B and when he realized we won he left the game before the "Victory" sign to lose points. Of course there's nothing we can do about this on console because fuck Blizzard.

Report coming soon. Apparently.

Owzers

I did change my guardian toggle and I hang around dps enough. *shrug* d.va it is.

Jazz get one win and Batman is a dva main...not a coincidence.

komaruR

lol like that one game we play in route 66 on sat night. pooh said lets try hard and stomp those dude.

man it was infuriating for me tho, not because of the enemy team but the lag. i dont wanna let the team down but the stupid lag makes my char rubberband like hell. its worse on pharah because its like when you're in the air, someone is constantly throwing sandbags on your hero to hold and when you shoot, shots gets delay or doesnt come out at all. all the enemy see on their screen is a easy slowly floating downward pharah.
I'm just glad we won that game before my isp went to the gutter.
We need better actual healers and I'll go DPS.
You know I like to play my zen like a dps! ;)

LiK

If P5 ever lets me go then I'm down.

I want to main Dva in comp. Our issues are always Soldiers in good position, Pharah. and Bastions I can neutralize all of those pretty well with her.

Dva is also good against those stupid Bastion comps and Widows that show up so yea, I'm not against you using Dvas more.

Finally got the minesweeper trophy for Winston, I never thought it would happen!

Now if I can just get a Symm to drop three easily wrecked teleporters that's be spiffing, coming to think of it I wonder how the shield generator plays into this trophy now?

Chance

Finally got the minesweeper trophy for Winston, I never thought it would happen!

Now if I can just get a Symm to drop three easily wrecked teleporters that's be spiffing, coming to think of it I wonder how the shield generator plays into this trophy now?

Shield gen and New Sym in general makes getting the trophy way easier than it was at launch.

If you're gunning for the trophy, use Tracer. Keep your ult for when you hear the tele go up. If she doesn't have security around it, 2 point-blank magazines will kill it. For reference: https://youtu.be/ZhGnfzhVp-Q?t=3m7s

If she has a net of turrets up (or she's in there, or her team could stop you), blink in, drop bomb, rewind out.

The only danger to getting the trophy is that I've shut down some Symmetras' ults so decisively on Tracer that they ragequit before the end of a match.

komaruR

I don't think I'll ever get Minesweeper trophy. Maybe I should just keep playing Winston until I do.

if desperate, can always boost it. i never cared for trophy since the first few month of having a ps3. back then i tried to plat the games i really liked. now its just time waster.

Top Bottom