• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
POLICE D.VA!

2017-04-2520_49_17-he73zz2.png

2017-04-2520_49_21-he58b0a.png

2017-04-2520_50_59-heruj38.png

2017-04-2520_51_06-he67jzy.png

LiK

D.va already has some really great skins in OW. Zarya is an outlier in that her skins suck in OW and are only slightly better in HOTS (and I still wouldn't take any of the HOTS skins in OW for her)

Edit: D.va got a police woman skin in OW from playing hots

WAT

JHall

DVA finally becomes what she truly is, the fun police. Oh you have an ult, let me just sit there holding right click.

Apathy

How do we get D.va skin? Same as Genji?

Is this real?

It's week 2 of a series of quests.

week 1: play 5 games with friends in hots to get the genji stuff again in OW and new stuff in Hots

week 2: play 5 games with friends in hots to get the dva OW skin and a bunch of Dva stuff in hots

week 3: play 5 games with friends in hots and get 10 loot boxes in OW and in hots

Time to install HOTS I guess? Is it FTP?

Yes, you also get 100 gems on launching now, and you can use that to get a special pack of 20 heroes that cost 100 gems (There are 4 bundles to pick from, Tanks/bruisers, assasins, flex and support).

Roubjon

week 1: play 5 games with friends in hots to get the genji stuff again in OW and new stuff in Hots

week 2: play 5 games with friends in hots to get the dva OW skin and a bunch of Dva stuff in hots

week 3: play 5 games with friends in hots and get 10 loot boxes in OW and in hots

I've never played a MOBA in my life and now I've got to play one for 3 weeks.

LiK

Only 5 games each? Thank gawd they lowered it. Getting the Oni skin was so boring.

Sn4ke_911

Yes, you also get 100 gems on launching now, and you can use that to get a special pack of 20 heroes that cost 100 gems (There are 4 bundles to pick from, Tanks/bruisers, assasins, flex and support).

Oh so now i don't need to play HOTS right? if i only want to the OW stuff i will play 5 games next week, correct?

Apathy

So I suggest everyone download and log into hots at least once now and get one of the hero bundles just in case in the futre they keep doing these challenges to get skins in OW (which will probably happen, let's be real). You might want one later and it's a good time to get to own 20 free heroes in hots, just in case.

Oh so now i don't need to play HOTS right? if i only want to the OW stuff i will play 5 games next week, correct?

No, they said on the stream you have to do all the quest weeks in order. So your first week of doing it will get you the genji stuff and then your second week of doing the quests will net you next dva stuff. you can't just go straight to the dva stuff

Sn4ke_911

So I suggest everyone download and log into hots at least once now and get one of the hero bundles just in case in the futre they keep doing these challenges to get skins in OW (which will probably happen, let's be real). You might want one later and it's a good time to get to own 20 free heroes in hots, just in case.

No, they said on the stream you have to do all the quest weeks in order. So your first week of doing it will get you the genji stuff and then your second week of doing the quests will net you next dva stuff. you can't just go straight to the dva stuff

Oh i see okay thank you.

10 boxes too?? awesomeeee.

So how exactly do you play heroes of the storm?

conditions are just playing with a friend? u have to win?

just play against easy bots and try not to die of boredom

I never did get the genji skin because i could only muster 3 games or so, I can do 5 games a week this time I suppose

ohkay

If it's like last time, just 1, and there's normally tons of people looking to do it in general chat, just make sure to add them to your friends

antitrop

I'm in, my friend. Just let me know when after 5PM EST.

Hopefully same as Oni.

I'm reading the HOTS patch notes right now and it is the same as Oni Genji. Oni Genji is available again this week starting today, too. Just have to be partied with at least 1 person.

The Police D.Va skin becomes available starting May 2nd. The portrait and spray on the 9th. So we'll play next week.

LiK

I'm reading the HOTS patch notes right now and it is the same as Oni Genji. Just have to be partied with at least 1 person.

The Police D.Va skin becomes available starting May 2. The portrait and spray on the 9th.

Looks like we need to do actual matches against other players after Week 1. Hopefully we don't actually need to win.

komaruR

so is it 5 games played or win?

well atleast these skins does look unique to worth the effort to play hots. if its trash, i would've skip it!

MartyStu

Whats the best way of dealing with a Bastion/Sym/Torb Combo platter? That combination has defeated me many times and I have difficulty coordinating a team counter around it. It always feels like if I kill one, the other kills me on the side. Our teams should counter them in theory, but it rarely seems to work out.

How accurate is your Pharah?

Trey

Whats the best way of dealing with a Bastion/Sym/Torb Combo platter? That combination has defeated me many times and I have difficulty coordinating a team counter around it. It always feels like if I kill one, the other kills me on the side. Our teams should counter them in theory, but it rarely seems to work out.

Junkrat and pharah. Just spam with the former and LoS with the latter.

Top Bottom