• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Owzers

I'm still a Rein pro.

More or less.

Orisa main Tuesday though. Good games Gaf group I betrayed Pinku for. But not good enough.

GGs guys, being able to play Reaper and Genji again on comp was a joy.

I can't wait for Draws to be rare in the next update.

Numbani, Anubis and Hanamura were heartbreaking ;_;

Got really frustrated for not using a mic in Hanamura, they only had 30 seconds to attack the first point, my turret was there and I had molten core. We only needed to group up on the point and let them come to us... fuck :(

Glad we ended on a win though.

And I also missed seeing Owzers fail all of his charges. Brings a tear to my eye.

LiK

Got really frustrated for not using a mic in Hanamura, they only had 30 seconds to attack the first point, my turret was there and I had molten core. We only needed to group up on the point and let them come to us... fuck :(

And I also missed seeing Owzers fail all of his charges. Brings a tear to my eye.

Get a headset soon. Should make for better Comp if you can use mic with the guys. I know you like using mic!

Owzers

Every game you don't use a mic I assume you are complimenting my play throughout.

Get a headset soon. Should make for better Comp if you can use mic with the guys. I know you like using mic!

I want to second this... Get a PS gold headset if you can... You hear in 5.1 so you can tell when we're getting flanked before were flanked. I only play overwatch with it on.

Mixed bag tonight but no where near terrible. Had some good game changing Rezs here and there tonight as well. Glad everyone took my advice and rushed that first point on Hanamura instead of giving up. The two man Rez plus the respawns behind me helped us hold that.

LiK

I want to second this... Get a PS gold headset if you can... You hear in 5.1 so you can tell when we're getting flanked before were flanked. I only play overwatch with it on.

Mixed bag tonight but no where near terrible. Had some good game changing Rezs here and there tonight as well. Glad everyone took my advice and rushed that first point on Hanamura instead of giving up. The two man Rez plus the respawns behind me helped us hold that.

Yea, no major stomps tonight except for maybe one with a random in Dorado who ended up quitting mid-match. I guess we need to try 5-stacks over 4 more often cuz even 4-stacks gets us really horrible randoms who pick heroes they suck at. That guy who picked Bastion in Hollywood had the worst positioning ever. We carried that duo so hard.

Also good thing that kid switched off Soldier so I can use him instead of Lucio in our last match. He was better with Lucio than me and I was the better Soldier.

Haven't seen ND play Genji before. Maybe use him more in the future, heh.

Ramirez

Back to back games with 61% and 71% kill participation and my team got thoroughly trashed in both games. I can't with this season.

LiK

For some reason I still appear Offline and restarting the game doesn't help. Not sure why. I'll try rebooting the PS4 next time. I always use Rest mode.

Too expensive. And I also don't like having something on top of my head.

Thinking about something like this, should be ok for me. And if I die to a Reaper ult I can always blame the headphones for not being good enough.

Every game you don't use a mic I assume you are complimenting my play throughout.

Usually I'm just screaming internally.

:p

Yea, no major stomps tonight except for maybe one with a random in Dorado who ended up quitting mid-match. I guess we need to try 5-stacks over 4 more often cuz even 4-stacks gets us really horrible randoms who pick heroes they suck at. That guy who picked Bastion in Hollywood had the worst positioning ever. We carried that duo so hard.

Also good thing that kid switched off Soldier so I can use him instead of Lucio in our last match. He was better with Lucio than me and I was the better Soldier.

Haven't seen ND play Genji before. Maybe use him more in the future, heh.

The games were good today, even the ones we lost. They were pretty intense.

I usually don't play Genji on comp because I think the randoms don't react well to it, since the same happens to me when I see one. But I have more than 60h with him, half comp/qp. He's a bit harder to play compared to the other dps, but incredibly satisfying.

Is everyone from PS4 on the new discord yet? Might make MM a little more snappy than the thread.

Never used that. Downloading the app now.

LiK

I used Discord with Destiny-GAF but I haven't been on for weeks cuz I gave up on Destiny. It's basically a chat room. I might join later.

I had time for like three matches this weekend.

Won 'em all, back to 2700.

The last match of the night I notice the guy plays almost exclusively Torb so I switch off Rein to support. Lucio kept dying to Pharah & Genji too much so I went *Ana* and went ham. Stopped a Genji Nanoboost and a Rein Nanoboost with my Sleep Darts and we ended the match with this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyHelpfulCheetahLitty

But man that Torb / Symm player was insufferable. I muted him so he wouldn't tilt me but he was either pretending to talk like a child or he actually was one.

Blues1990

I had time for like three matches this weekend.

Won 'em all, back to 2700.

The last match of the night I notice the guy plays almost exclusively Torb so I switch off Rein to support. Lucio kept dying to Pharah & Genji too much so I went Pharah and went ham. Stopped a Genji Nanoboost and a Rein Nanoboost with my Sleep Darts and we ended the match with this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyHelpfulCheetahLitty

But man that Torb / Symm player was insufferable. I muted him so he wouldn't tilt me but he was either pretending to talk like a child or he actually was one.

Nice work. I've been clipping along with Solo Competitive, and I'm itching my way to Diamond rank.

Are you down to join me for some matches?

KiraFA37

I mean the idea would be to try it out in qp and then try and find other casual teams to play vs. So no comp, just custom games. 6 stacking comp sucks lol.

But thats cool so far we have 6 already:

skii: gengu god/rein god

Jellie: ana / low gold zarya

twisted gamer: idk what they play yet

Kira: zarya ana too right?

Newtype: zarya/ana.

Me : boostio

So many zarya and ana mains lol

I'll flex actually. It's just that in comp nobody ever picks support and I like Ana. Zarya because she is a solid pick and I just cannot play a consistent Reinhardt. I've been expanding my character pool and am having some decent success with Roadhog and Winston. DPSes I can Pharah/Soldier/Tracer. Can play all supports very well. Defense heroes I haven't played in a while but I can always be the surprise Bastion. So yea I'll flex and fill.

Banzai

If i get -40 points per loss the system is trying to push me down a league right? :(
cant even get out of gold this season, was diamond and plat before.

Azoor

Saw this on Tumblr today and I was like WTF!?

tumblr_on3nnsKTB61vx2jbwo1_1280.jpg

Zen Aku

Roadhog mains, what do you consider to be the minimum for good hook accuracy around platinum/diamond level?

What about your hook to kill ratio? (Sometimes that full health Ana just escape with a sliver left.. somehow.

I am getting mechanically better at some characters. My positioning is improving too, but I feel like the game kinda falls apart midway; a lot of people I group up with start tilting and fucking up. This is why I was complaining about quick play being a shithole to practice. Maybe I should give up; it is hard to group up with NA players without having high ping. Getting people to use mics is hard too; a lot of them don't even bother joining the voice chat.

I am glad that I stopped playing competitive (good timing before Orisa release too). I think I will not risk dropping or fluctuating in gold ranks if I improved more, and I will avoid the shitstorm that accompanies the change in meta.

Also, it is funny how someone fucks up and overextends, gets Zarya barrier but doesn't retreat (nor get healed by friendship healers). Playing with good healers and teammates who have good positioning makes a lot of things possible. Too bad you won't get to know what is possible to do in the current state that quick play is at. My quick play MMR dropped because I was trying new heroes, so I get grouped up with even worse people (used to have serious games with 4-5 stacks and people above 2500SR in QP). There was a point where quick play had better players than comp in my case when my winrate was 56-60% in QP.

maomaoIYP

Roadhog mains, what do you consider to be the minimum for good hook accuracy around platinum/diamond level?

What about your hook to kill ratio? (Sometimes that full health Ana just escape with a sliver left.. somehow.
Unless you got boop-ed, or hooked a tank, or your victim got bubbled or DM-ed, there's no excuse for not getting a kill on hook.

Ramirez

Unless you got boop-ed, or hooked a tank, or your victim got bubbled or DM-ed, there's no excuse for not getting a kill on hook.

Eh, since the nerf people regularly get away from me with next to no health at times. The usual suspects like Ana/Reaper/Mei, Lucio is really inconsistent for me too now. Probably latency, but it happens.

Top Bottom