• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I just tried the PC version (I'm garbage at PC shooters).
I've already got Bloodhardt and Graffiti Tracer, and I got Hanzo's 4 kill with an ult on my first try as him (I still don't have that on PS4).

I'm enjoying it, but I'm having trouble with the controls. I feel like a multi button mouse would help me a lot, because I keep hitting E instead of W, and Caps Lock instead of Shift lol. Coming from a few hundred hours on PS4, out of the ones I've tried so far, Hanzo and Lucio definitely feel a lot better on the PS4 version. I'm alright as both of them, but wallriding as Lucio and fine aiming as Hanzo is much easier.

If I do buy it eventually, is there no way to get Noire Widow now? I love that skin, and it'd be a shame not to have it.

_Legacy_

GG's Yager! We finished up 5-2-1, shame about the last game. Can't believe we got three picks on Numbani point A and the rest of the team decide to run and chase for kills and not cap the point! We would won if we had an extra minute there as well. Good job with the solo Mercy heals as well, never easy.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they'll allow you to choose your skin from the hero selection menu. Make those 40 seconds wait times actually worth waiting for.

I feel like they talked about adding this awhile ago, I wonder if they just decided against it.

I'm kinda curious as to what magic sauce Blizzard used in the VA recording process that has caused so many of the VAs to be cool people and friends irl. It's very cool, and kinda heartwarming. Makes the game more charming.

Well I figured I should finish my placement matches for the points if nothing else.
I kept pondering why I kept getting matched up with people clearly above my skill level...

hFWSbnq.jpg

huh? nooooo, nah, that ain't right and this isn't humility, I lost more than I won, I was barely in diamond last I checked.
WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

Basically my matches have felt like this
506146.jpg

Well I figured I should finish my placement matches for the points if nothing else.
I kept pondering why I kept getting matched up with people clearly above my skill level...

hFWSbnq.jpg

huh? nooooo, nah, that ain't right and this isn't humility, I lost more than I won, I was barely in diamond last I checked.
WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

506146.jpg

I can't help but feel sad, happy and angry at this... but congrats! Meanwhile I placed 2460~ on both the PC and PS4 this season, and while I got out within 1-2 games, it was a very disheartening experience (considering I've been mid plat - low diamond these past few seasons).

I can't help but feel sad, happy and angry at this... but congrats! Meanwhile I placed 2460~ on both the PC and PS4 this season, and while I got out within 1-2 games, it was a very disheartening experience (considering I've been mid plat - low diamond these past few seasons).

So my rundown on PS4 is something like...
Started low Platinum in season 2, after much grief and anguish I finally solo pushed up to Diamond and that was it for me, I was done.
But I did the season 3 placements where I won 9, ranked in diamond again, makes sense.
Then did nothing until these Season 4 10 where I won 4 and lost 6, apparently that moves me up? I really don't get how the system works at all after all this time.

Then again I was at my friends house today where quick play was putting his barely gold self up against people who had achieved Grandmaster or Top 500 status every now and then confirming to me that whatever is going on with this game's matchmaking is kinda whack. (I know competitive rank doesn't account for quickplay but even so, the disparity was clear to see in game)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just logged in for the first time in months to open the free loot box and it had 3 legendaries in it. lol.

Paltheos

Because Winston isn't unkillable enough. Players need to deal with 6 of them at once.

I think Total Mayhem's changed between iterations. IIRC, the old versions of it didn't provide 1200 health bubbles for Winston, so he wasn't nearly as immortal. The absolute worst match I had was 12 Zaryas in Numbani. Good luck, mofo. This was pre-Sombra, so there was no way of breaking the stall. We actually won by Graving the whole offense off the point. We just got lucky they were all close enough for that to work.

Apathy

lucio, lucio, different game, lucio, reaper, lucio, mercy, rein, lucio, different game, lucio, mercy, dva, lucio, ana, lucio, bastion, zarya, junk

Yes blizzard, please keep making mystery hero give me lucio, I don't think I got it enough.

_Legacy_

lose 500SR in two days lmao, matchmaking is the worst thing ever, pairing me with fucking retards.

I honestly think this is the worst time to be solo Qing, try and find another to two stack or more, it's much better. I played with some near useless randoms today. From a random McCree who couldn't deal with a Tracer for a whole game, to a throwing widow who nearly cost us on Nepal. Also had a Tracer constantly wandering off alone and getting killed by enemy McCree on Gibraltar (on defence!!!).

The majority of these clowns all had more SR than me, that's the real kicker. To be fair we won those games but as a Reinhardt, should I really have to use my ults on solo enemy Bastion every time because our dps can't deal with him, also why am I having to over-extend to kill the enemy Mercy, isn't that Tracer's job?

Think I've said it a few times but the mentality of some people in this game never cease to amaze.

N7.Angel

Yeah I know but I can't do anything about this lol, I want to play OW so bad and I'm not playing QP, I'm solo Queuing since the beginning of the season and got diamond ( 3100 ), now I'm 2600 and my performance are the same, terrible picks, people that aren't doing their jobs, bad positioning, holy shit, the end of the season is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

I think Blizzard should stop rewarding people in comp with golden weapon, so many people are there to try to get them and it's killing competitive playlist, so many people that don't know what they're doing atm, frustrating.

first season though, I know what I don't have to do for the next one.

hFWSbnq.jpg

WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

506146.jpg
.....is this real?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think free accounts can only play QP and Arcade, even if they grind up to Level 25.

Oh really? I saw people complaining about smurfs vs. free weekend players and just assumed it was comp. If it was QP then whatever. Still silly though.

Kenai

For never having touched Ranked before at all and losing 7(?) matches I am surprised the game put me at 17 something. Was sure I'd be sub 1000

I just wanted to work on my points stash but maybe i will mess around a bit more before season's end since I have the weekend off. I know how toxic this type of stuff can be but I play MMOs and MOBAs so maybe I can deal.

Top Bottom