• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Downloading the console patch now - won't be able to play any until later tonight but time to at least get the update out of the way.

Looking forward to trying out the updated Winston and Sombra - I might actually not fail horribly as her now that health packs show up to teammates as well as Orisa probably being in every match.

Cerato

Neo Member
How is Winston after the change? Seems like his ability to defend chokes will go up, and he'll be about the same if he's diving.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Blizzard encouraging people to play Junkrat, FeelsBadMan :/

I don't understand the feeling. I've saved more games for my team as Junkrat than I can count

GlossySpiffyBaiji.gif

Hahaha, killing tanks upclose is a joy without worrying about damaging myself. Easy mode.

Look forward to trying this, but I can't imagine you would be immune to a Genji reflect would you?

kirblar

Can't save a team from a Widow or Pharah w/ Junkrat. That's the problem- he's great if your opponents are all grounded, but if they're not, he's totally useless.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Can't save a team from a Widow or Pharah w/ Junkrat. That's the problem- he's great if your opponents are all grounded, but if they're not, he's totally useless.

Same's true for Reaper really. Plus I've iced plenty of Widowmakers with a good rebound .

It is indeed a proud Junkrat moment to bring down Pharah though.

kirblar

Same's true for Reaper really. Plus I've iced plenty of Widowmakers with a good rebound .

It is indeed a proud Junkrat moment to bring down Pharah though.
Reaper's pretty universally acknowledged as being in a bad place right now though- you only ever see him busted out in pro play, and even then he's super rare.

Junkrat is a near-guarantee in low level play.

Imbarkus

Reaper's pretty universally acknowledged as being in a bad place right now though- you only ever see him busted out in pro play, and even then he's super rare.

Junkrat is a near-guarantee in low level play.

People made fun of my gold Junkrat gun and hurt my feelings.

I ran a lot of Reaper with a lot of success in S2, but since then just no luck with him.

Got to play two games, just farting around in QP before I head out for a while.

Even with the changes I still suck as Sombra, but hoooo boy Junkrat feels so good now. I've been doing mediocre with him recently but the game I had on Eichenwalde felt amazing. When the enemy team goes Bastion-Reinhardt-Orisa, Junkrat has a field day. I was kicking ass and taking names, holy shit. I think it's less a product of the explosives change and more just meta changing.

Wanderer5

Lol got off from a payload match as D.Va where I was lagging so bad for the middle timespan of the match, then screwed up on a ult, but then at the end I was able to have a successful ult on the last point which lead to a victory and PotG.

From really frustrated to really satisfied lol.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Halt seems neat for focusing fire and such, but using it to redirect players back onto the wrong side of Orisa's barrier is gonna be super fun. Huge amount of potential for grief there.

DevilDog

Blizz' console QA is seriously terrible

I feel like they just push the changes live first and then wait and see if they broke anything lmao.

I just think that they don't give as many fucks for consoles.

Devs probably play on PC, and the nerf came after Jeffrey played him a bit on PC.

Really liking Rein/Orisa on defense. That shield gives a lot of breathing room for Rein.

Don't think it will work as well on attack but we'll see.

rulerk1

orisa is teeming with so much bullshit. i dont like facing her at all. I had a great ult and her dumb barrier just ruins it smh. Her push thing is annoying but pushing or pulling in this game just tilts me

antitrop

Played my "don't decay" Comp game for the day as Lucio/Ana and got carried by a T500 smurf and another T500 player that had decayed to mid-Master. Enemy team had 2 Diamonds in a duo.

This season has been too kind to me. +72SR for that. Haven't lost a game in Masters, yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's way too many remove control from the player in this game at this point

its like every new hero is going to have an ability that lets you stop playing the game or disorients you at this point.

DevilDog

There's way too many remove control from the player in this game at this point

its like every new hero is going to have an ability that lets you stop playing the game or disorients you at this point.

Honestly the problem is with the burst damage in this game. If you get stunned for minimal damage it wouldn't be so bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hanzo needs to be able to bypass barriers, honestly

with Orisa, Reinhardt, Symmetra and the Winston buff, it is downright ridiculous how much barrier coverage you can get. And the select few abilities that can bypass barriers arent exactly megadamage.

Top Bottom