• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

You will hear the same remarks in every rank if you are solo queuing without voice communication. The game isn't supposed to be played randomly with minimum text communication even if you have a proper team composition.
I have gone up >400SR solo queuing this season with voice chat turned off. Currently about two wins from Diamond on an eight-game streak.

Most voice comms at this level are not helpful.

You will hear the same remarks in every rank if you are solo queuing without voice communication. The game isn't supposed to be played randomly with minimum text communication even if you have a proper team composition.

what are you even talking about? did I infer anything about solo queuing, no voice communication, and playing randomly with minimum text?

Nope.

I love getting shit on by randoms on comms when I play soldier for not killing pharah.

They just don't get it. People need to get that mindset out of their heads. A good pharah doesn't just sit out and let you pick them off.

But that's cool guys. Just keep on bitching while picking junkrat and Symmetra on dorado attack.

Fuck my comp ow life. /endrant

what are you even talking about? did I infer anything about solo queuing, no voice communication, and playing randomly with minimum text?

Nope.

What I was trying to say is that a lot of people are reporting that Bronze-Masters have similar bad players and don't differ too much. I don't necessarily disagree with them because I noticed the same thing climbing up ranks, and from footage of plat-diamond players who have similar issues.

Bronze-masters do not differ too much unless you are in a stack and properly communicating. Even if you have really good players (mechanically), they will still make the same mistakes that lower level players do. Heck, watch Overanalyzed and see how bad some plat-diamond players are--the difference between them and silver-gold is very subtle.

In short: yes plat has bad players just as gold, just as silver, just as masters..etc. The issue persists in solo queue with minimum voice comm.

I have gone up >400SR solo queuing this season with voice chat turned off. Currently about two wins from Diamond on an eight-game streak.

Most voice comms at this level are not helpful.

I climbed up 400+SR too solo queuing without using my mic. No it doesn't mean anything because I got screwed up big time in season 1 when I solo queued. My best matches where when I had teammates using voice chat; my best game in season 3 comp was with people using voice comm. We smashed the other team and I got PoTM/gold medals even though I was having insane lag spikes and (practically AFK in round 3 of KoTH).

But yeah I agree about voice comms at lower levels. People either don't respond/join voice chat, or they make bad call outs. A lot of pros and good OW players insist claim that voice comms are essential in getting better and reaching ranks above diamond. Yeah they are right, but it is a two way communication, so.... The best thing to do is find competent friends.

AngryMoth

One of the things that tilts me the most in my plat games is bad ult management. So many people waste their ult when we are already down 3 players with no chance of course winning the fight, or we go into a fight with a huge ult advantage but still lose because people die without using them. It's simple stuff that people just ignore

One of the things that tilts me the most in my play games is bad ult management. So many people waste their ult when we are already down 3 players with no chance of using them, or we go into a fight with a huge ult advantage but still lose because people die without using them. It's simple stuff that people just ignore

Yeah especially if it was some CC ult like Grav or earth shatter. They can easily win fights and completely shut down pushes. Repulsive ulting is hard to control LOL; the urge to press Q and get done with it.

On a side note, I remember commentators recently pointing that some top Korean team has bad ult management. I don't remember which one though (probably LW blue).

Owzers

One of the things that tilts me the most in my play games is bad ult management. So many people waste their ult when we are already down 3 players with no chance of using them, or we go into a fight with a huge ult advantage but still lose because people die without using them. It's simple stuff that people just ignore
I always assume when I ult I'll change the world.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I love getting shit on by randoms on comms when I play soldier for not killing pharah.

They just don't get it. People need to get that mindset out of their heads. A good pharah doesn't just sit out and let you pick them off.

But that's cool guys. Just keep on bitching while picking junkrat and Symmetra on dorado attack.

Fuck my comp ow life. /endrant

I agree with this.

I typically switch over to Ana when I'm a healer if they have Pharah and ask for a Soldier. Why? If Pharah stands back a bit, Soldier's usefulness against her decays a lot, plus it only take two hits to drop most characters and getting hit once off sets you.

With Ana, I can at least help with it. But I've also had the reverse too, where literally as Ana, I've had soldiers just walk by me getting attacked by Pharah. Games were won and lost by my Ana and Pharah duels several times, because our soldier had zero map awareness. This is not how it should work in a team game.

Another unit to help with it depending on the Map is Zarya, who if they have Pharah and I'm tank, I typically try to get too. Maps with roofs are great for her and it does create a larger radius of danger for her.

Jellie

Worst is teammates using ults in a won fight or everyone dumping into a grav or earth shatter. Don't need a nanovisor when everyone is cc'd. Such a waste.

Worst is teammates using ults in a won fight out everyone dumping into a grav or earth shatter. Don't need a nanovisor when everyone is cc'd. Such a waste.

Ill be the first to admit I have some dumb ults from time to time.

My biggest problem is watching the killfeed and noticing when teammates get picked off. Straight tunnel vision at times.

antitrop

Ana and Zen both have responsibility to help with dealing with the Pharah. It's not just a "Soldier 76 should have this by himself" type of issue. Ana should be getting 1-2 shots in on her and she's a priority Discord target.

Or if you're DSPStanky, just wallride up to her as Lucio and 1v1 her xD

The best thing about Zen players is when you are low on health and you run into them to ask for healing. You spam need healing, you stare at them and notice hey they are busy holding left click LOL. Zen's left click animation is hilarious; it enforces the tunnel vision effect.

Jellie

Ill be the first to admit I have some dumb ults from time to time.

My biggest problem is watching the killfeed and noticing when teammates get picked off. Straight tunnel vision at times.
When you die just before lucio or zen ults. Or they both ult at the same time reactively to the enemy ults.

What I was trying to say is that a lot of people are reporting that Bronze-Masters have similar bad players and don't differ too much. I don't necessarily disagree with them because I noticed the same thing climbing up ranks, and from footage of plat-diamond players who have similar issues.

Bronze-masters do not differ too much unless you are in a stack and properly communicating. Even if you have really good players (mechanically), they will still make the same mistakes that lower level players do. Heck, watch Overanalyzed and see how bad some plat-diamond players are--the difference between them and silver-gold is very subtle.

In short: yes plat has bad players just as gold, just as silver, just as masters..etc. The issue persists in solo queue with minimum voice comm.

I guess I am trying to understand why you responded to me about that when I didn't make any mention of that at all... And when I refer to upper plat being as bad as mid gold being based off of what I hear, it didn't have to do with those things.

One of the things that tilts me the most in my plat games is bad ult management. So many people waste their ult when we are already down 3 players with no chance of course winning the fight, or we go into a fight with a huge ult advantage but still lose because people die without using them. It's simple stuff that people just ignore
This is even more annoying because at these levels the other team will burn like four or five ults to wipe you, so if you just hold yours and die together, you could roll the next two fights. But no.

I have no problem holding onto my ult until the right moment, sometimes waiting a whole match before using it. Sure, I could have gotten off 2-3 ults in that time span but they would have far less of an impact then making sure I've got one ready to go for that crucial push.

I was queing for a comp match and it disconnected from server.
Sign back in got 10min ban and like 30sr loss

Went back on playstv video recording and the Q timer didnt even pop to show it was joining.
????
GG blizzard

Jellie

I was queing for a comp match and it disconnected from server.
Sign back in got 10min ban and like 30sr loss

Went back on playstv video recording and the Q timer didnt even pop to show it was joining.
????
GG blizzard
Happened to me. Was queuing with skii and caeser when my computer turned off before the game was even found. Lost 50sr and started a lose streak. Next day solo climbed 300sr though.

Happened to me. Was queuing with skii and caeser when my computer turned off before the game was even found. Lost 50sr and started a lose streak. Next day solo climbed 300sr though.

Im like 5-6 wins away from GM right now i dont want disconnects let alone lose streaks X(. I dont mind 1-1 games

Skii

Comp today has been hilariously bad. I've had people throwing/tilting/leaving games in all but one of my matches. Once on the opposing team and 5 times on my team :/

One game on Numbani, I was Rein and our team is constantly shitting on the Hanzo. He's at fault for not switching into hit scan vs Pharah and Winston carrying but I had gold elims as Rein so our other DPS and off tanks were doing nothing. We manage to get it to 3-4 with our Hanzo carrying DPS and we cap the point but our Lucio just says in voice chat "Our Hanzo is throwing so I'm not playing anymore". We literally had to push it around the corner and we win the game lmao.

Everyone at the end is just shouting at each other over the mic lol. What did I do to deserve this?

I only got to see the end of game 4 and all of game 5 for a Runaway vs. Luxury Watch Blue- but GODDAMN what a match that was.

I wanted Runaway to win so I was freaking out when LWB was able to put together that miracle Overtime push from the bridge in Eichenwald all the way to nearly the end.

And then.... Kaiser.

Jellie

Im like 5-6 wins away from GM right now i dont want disconnects let alone lose streaks X(. I dont mind 1-1 games
3800s? I'm still low masters sadly. Lost a bunch of SR because support SR bugs even though I went 3-4. Regained it with Tracer/Zarya the other day.
Comp today has been hilariously bad. I've had people throwing/tilting/leaving games in all but one of my matches. Once on the opposing team and 5 times on my team :/

One game on Numbani, I was Rein and our team is constantly shitting on the Hanzo. He's at fault for not switching into hit scan vs Pharah and Winston carrying but I had gold elims as Rein so our other DPS and off tanks were doing nothing. We manage to get it to 3-4 with our Hanzo carrying DPS and we cap the point but our Lucio just says in voice chat "Our Hanzo is throwing so I'm not playing anymore". We literally had to push it around the corner and we win the game lmao.

Everyone at the end is just shouting at each other over the mic lol. What did I do to deserve this?

Are you still diamond at least?

Haven't played in awhile, just curious. Has Junkrat been getting any burn as a barrier destroyer guy? Seems like a needed character in this version of Overwatch. But not sure if it would make up for his other draw backs

Just played my first placement math and holy shit was it a nail biter. Ended up going 6-3 on Hollywood and pushing the payload from start to finish completely in Overtime. It was something else.

Also their Reinhardt was ridiculously bad to the point that I almost got tilted due to how many lucky kills he was getting. He was literally a charge first, ask questions later Rein and I died a few times due to lucky shots by his charges.

After that match though I feel comfortable in my competitive Tracer. Made their Bastion panic ult right at their spawn while I was the only one anywhere near him. And he didn't kill me with it either. Good times.

Haven't played in awhile, just curious. Has Junkrat been getting any burn as a barrier destroyer guy? Seems like a needed character in this version of Overwatch. But not sure if it would make up for his other draw backs

I dunno about pros but Junkrat is ferocious against teams running Rein/Orisa in QP. Especially now that he doesn't have to worry about his own explosions.

rulerk1

so i tried junkrat on encheinwald bridge just to see how they would counter me. Despite the fact we had no healer, a defense genji and no Rein it was somewhat successful. I direct hit killed a pharah like 4 times and rained hell on the team for the match. Our genji came on voice chat to bash our top 500 players for being horrible too.

Orisa is such a good Zarya charge target. Her spam (because thats all people do with her ) can keep her above 60 charge for most of the match

I am much better at managing my tunnel vision and auto-pilot habits; everything I want to do in matches is happening and I feel more in control of what is happening. All that practice and watching footage (guides, overanalyzed and high level play) is paying off; it is so satisfying.

Also, I just had a decent game with Winston while having 230 ping LOL (too lazy to change servers). I got PoTG and a lot of eliminations. My winrate is 69% and I would like to maintain that even if it means throwing games. I don't know why my winrate with Winston is high; I had a horrible start with him as my first hero to try.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Had some amazing matches playing junkrat. He is always fantastic on defence on hanamura but the team I played against had no idea how to counter me.

Also just getting into sombra, she's super useful especially against all the new Orisa players who don't know how to deal with her.

Nimby

Banned
NIP not running triple tank with Zappis on the defensive Sombra. At least his first match on King's. Also, I missed PIT yesterday so it's old.

It's on again right now, with some up and coming EU teams and eUnited (Reunited) playing today.

Top Bottom