• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I'm confused, are their personalities bad? and silkthread streams?

Their personalities are fine. They're all really fun and easy to get along with. I don't think Silkthread streams either, as far as I know. If he does then he doesn't do it often. My post might have been confusing. :p

My issue is that their team name is "You Guys Get Paid" - which surprisingly ends up being pretty insulting considering they play at such a low-level. They just don't seem to have any strategy other than "hit real hard" and when that doesn't work they just drop matches.

Note: I'm just mad I watched such a one-sided game.

hypernima

Banned
Their personalities are fine. They're all really fun and easy to get along with. I don't think Silkthread streams either, as far as I know. If he does then he doesn't do it often. My post might have been confusing. :p

My issue is that their team name is "You Guys Get Paid" - which surprisingly ends up being pretty insulting considering they play at such a low-level. They just don't seem to have any strategy other than "hit real hard" and when that doesn't work they just drop matches.

Note: I'm just mad I watched such a one-sided game.

Man, I'm sorry but without the ? in their name I got confused again lol.

I was like "Huh? They pay the other team for playing?"

Had a terrible match with a bunch of memeing kids making grill and telling me to play Mercy because I was a garbage Soldier. Even though I had 60 elims.

I just muted them all. Don't know how we won that match.

Sad. I never heard abuse that bad, most comp games are plesant for me.

NeoCross

I just reached 25 and I'm doing my placements and jesus christ the matchmaking is really fucked up. I keep getting matched against ridicilously overleveled and more experienced players and being put on a team with the same level as me, wtf?

antitrop

Symmetra put on her Air Jordans for this one

OoXFlN7.png

randome

Had a terrible match with a bunch of memeing kids making grill and telling me to play Mercy because I was a garbage Soldier. Even though I had 60 elims.

Some people are just so fuckin annoying. Played comp and we barely won, but holy jesus...at the start of the game i joined chat and it was a bunch of kids just saying "baguette" "bonjour" and "croissant" and they wouldnt stop! Left chat, came back like 2 rounds later at the end, and same fuckin thing!

So many great games today, feels good to play ow like this.

Had to end in a shitty one with a thrower on my team, though the rest wasn't better even if they were trying. Gold eliminations with only 10 playing Zen (1st round) and Mercy (2nd), with gold damage at the end of the first round...

I wonder why people want to play dps if they have no idea how to do it and also don't bother to change when they are being countered. Is it nice to feed during the whole game without accomplishing anything?

Also managed to won one game in KOTH by changing to soldier after two lost rounds playing lucio (and of course, no one bothered to change to a second healer). At the end of the 3rd round I had 4 golds and silver healing. Sometimes I wonder if the randoms are even trying.

Got a Genji constantly spamming for Need Healing and I'm the only healer as Zen, lol

I had one of those today, too! I just spammed "Group up with me" every time. He never did, though, just stayed out, spawn-camping. RIP Genji. You died as you lived: needy as fuck.

NeoCross

Placements done, ended up 5-5 at 1986. Not...bad?

Just finished a match and got up to 2059. Every other player was gold and this kid appropriately named GenjiMain kept ragging on on why there was a silver player on our team(me).

Sayad

Got a Genji constantly spamming for Need Healing and I'm the only healer as Zen, lol
Sounds like he's not asking you for heeling, but telling the team that they need another healer... Let me guess, it was on console? :(

Sounds like he's not asking you for heeling, but telling the team that they need another healer... Let me guess, it was on console? :(

He could always change if he wants healing that badly, no one has to deal with an whiny asshole. People should know how to adapt. There are a lot of characters with self-healing or shields in the game, just pick one of those.

Today had a match in Volskaya where no one wanted to play support besides me (the one I talked before where I had gold elims with only 10 and gold damage), but the worst part is that they all picked characters that had no self-sustain. Rein, Winston, McCree, Hanzo, Pharah. A team like this is going to lose every single time unless a miracle happens.

Sayad

He could always change if he wants healing that badly, no one has to deal with an whiny asshole. People should know how to adapt. There are a lot of characters with self-healing or shields in the game, just pick one of those.
Sure, especially if he's playing a DPS. Communication on console can be frustrating though, I've seen sole healers spam "I need heeling" when they die or at the spawn, they're usually not asking to be healed.

FerranMG

Yeah, the communication options on console needs to be overhauled.
Rocket League did a much, much better job in that regard.
I know Blizzard acknowledged this. I hope they come up with something sooner than later, because it's so frustrating.

Zen Aku

Some people are just so fuckin annoying. Played comp and we barely won, but holy jesus...at the start of the game i joined chat and it was a bunch of kids just saying "baguette" "bonjour" and "croissant" and they wouldnt stop! Left chat, came back like 2 rounds later at the end, and same fuckin thing!
French kids are the worst.

Ferga

It's amazing how much getting a duo partner changes your ranking.

When I solo, I feel like my win rates around 50%

When I'm in a duo, I feel like I win 90% of my games

Mendrox

Embrace it.

I usually play on US servers although I'm in the EU but I'm thinking of switching back for the duration of Spring Break.

My last two play sessions have been consistently awful: people throwing games in QP, screaming in voice chat, terrible racial slurs in chat and generally being obnoxious.

Still up to play with gaffers on any server. I still have to do my placement matches.

BaronLundi#2670

Hoon had ult ready last 4 fights holy shit.
Literally every fight fuck

Meta Athena up 2-0 against Kongdoo panthera.
Pls dont get reverse sweeped

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hoon has always been insane honestly. Had an off game last game but has been a consistent hard carry for meta Athena for awhile now.

LiK

Nah, he was only spamming when he was low on health. He would sometimes say Thanks when I put an orb on him. Would've been easier if he simply went for health packs rather than waiting for my slow Zen movement to find him.

I wouldn't call that an upset tbh. At the very least I completely expected those results.

Hmm Id say it was definitely leaning more to panthera. Especially with the reverse sweep and how on and off hoon was playing in the previous match up but i guess that just an off game since i havent been following them for long.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really though, meta Athena is one of the few teams where the enjoyment isn't from how dope their dps are (though sayaplayer and hoon are legit amazing), but because their strategies and co-ordination is just next level.

Hmm Id say it was definitely leaning more to panthera. Especially with the reverse sweep and how on and off hoon was playing in the previous match up but i guess that just an off game since i havent been following them for long.

That was the one off game. I've been going "holy crap hoon" for awhile now.

Sande

I hope Orisa can do something about Roadhog's reign of terror in 3v3. At least on paper pretty much everything in her kit should be pretty good against him. Protective barrier blocks everything he can throw at you, fortify counters his hook and should allow you to tank at least two shots, halt can pull him out of his sweet spots and mess with his aim and the fusion driver has a nice big fat target to tear into.

Jellie

Was expecting Meta Athena to win that personally. They weren't well known but I think they've on a pretty long win streak right now? Can anyone confirm that? Hoon wasn't playing as good as he usually does but he's probably the best Zarya right now.

Was expecting Meta Athena to win that personally. They weren't well known but I think they've on a pretty long win streak right now? Can anyone confirm that? Hoon wasn't playing as good as he usually does but he's probably the best Zarya right now.

I think casters said 21 or 27 cant remember its twenty something tho.

Holy shit that hook on Pharah from Meko. I was having thoughts of improving my positioning in Ilios with Pharah (using the tower for cover), and how to avoid Roadhog sneaking on me, then that ridiculous hook happens lol.

hypernima

Banned

I probably don't get abuse as much as you but I don't blame you. I've limited a lot of my comms because of kids who think it's funny to say nigger in callouts.

I wonder why people want to play dps if they have no idea how to do it and also don't bother to change when they are being countered. Is it nice to feed during the whole game without accomplishing anything?

Everyone wants to be the star I guess?

Top Bottom