• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch trolls will face tougher penalties

Triggered as an insult is. Unless this is you saying you hung put on fanfiction sites in the early 2000's reading god knows what of they had trigger warnings.

It's certainly a newer and more novel insult than frigging pansy, something even my grandfather though too dated.

Like legit no effort.

13ruce

Banned
Blizzard babying the user base much?
What's next? Coupons for sippy cups and tell everyone that everything is going to be alright at the end of every match?

I'm so glad I was part of a generation that's tougher than a weak goomba.

Are you by change the real life version of Shadow the Hedgehog?

Ellite25

If a mercy is being trash, I'm going to tell them, if a DD isn't killing, I'm going to tell them. I work too much to waste time coddling bad kids. All my trash talk is gameplay related, I don't attack them personally, I don't know em. But I know if they're playing like shit. I've been master past 3 seasons and gone as high as 3900. It's worked for me since day one. I play in a group of 3 and we maintain a 50%+ win rate. You can defy trash talk without demoralizing people. Look at the army.
Compares being in the military to a 15 minute match in Overwatch lol

8byte

Banned
I'm definitely not going to report someone for spamming. I mean, why? lol.

Other games like COD modern warfare 2 would simply kick the player for being AKF.
It shouldn't be MY JOB to do THEIR WORK.

Trash talking is what makes pretty much any competitive game interesting.
Being trash talked only triggers me to trash talk back.

I'm not about to cry and call mom because someone told me to git gud or something more aggressive.

Just man up and deal with it.

Oh, you so tough in your video game kingdom. I'm in complete envy of your machismo. What a tough guy your parents raised. I bet all the guys at your favorite MMA bar are totes impressed when you tell them how you totally owned that kid who talked trash to you, and how interesting those competitive matchups were in video game land.

So tough. So edgy.

The only point you've made is that you're a pretty poor excuse of a human being. If you honestly think acting this way makes you "hard" or that you're impressing anyone but yourself, then you're sorely mistaken.

We're laughing at you, not with you.

And now you've devolved down to flaming people to "win" an argument that doesn't even exist.

Sad.
This doesn't help your case in the slightest.

"Added: 2 years ago"

Hmm

Yeah, the post.
The term itself has been used around since at least 2004 with the possibility if it being much older than that.
You know, 13 years ago.

Ellite25

Oh, you so tough in your video game kingdom. I'm in complete envy of your machismo. What a tough guy your parents raised. I bet all the guys at your favorite MMA bar are totes impressed when you tell them how you totally owned that kid who talked trash to you, and how interesting those competitive matchups were in video game land.

So tough. So edgy.
It’s sad that so many men are raised with this mentality.

finalflame

And now you've devolved down to flaming people to "win" an argument that doesn't even exist.

Sad.
This doesn't help your case in the slightest.

Just look around and notice how roughly nobody to maybe one other person shares your view in this thread.

It's not that you're a unique special snowflake who has it figured out, it's that you're on the wrong side of history and think acting the way you do is macho and tough but instead it's just kind of pathetic. If you were at all open to any constructive discussion I'd try to engage you beyond calling it how I see it, but it's clear based on your discussions with everyone else in this thread that all you're interested in is how hard you can act in online games.

Pretty sad.

So tough. So edgy.

There's a hell of a lot more people like me.
We can stand tall and laugh at petty things because they're beyond meaningless.

I'm not here to belittle people nor do I condone being a bully.
But FFS, man. Stop getting upset over the little things.

I mean there hasn't been a day of my life I can actively remember where I didn't at least hear somebody throw out a slur in passing at best or have one directed at my person at worst.

But sure we'll go with "thin skinned" because people would rather the thing they do for fun not be full of assholes who need to let the universe know how much better they are than everybody else.

aeolist

Banned
"stop being so thin skinned" say the guys who just admitted that they rage in voice chat when people play a game in a way they don't like

Lol "just being salty" so they throw put hate speech and often times even message you personally letting you know no matter what you do, you're nothing but a silly little faggot that deserves to die.

Charming.

pastrami

Blizzard babying the user base much?
What's next? Coupons for sippy cups and tell everyone that everything is going to be alright at the end of every match?

I'm so glad I was part of a generation that's tougher than a weak goomba.

Um...ok.

PMS341

"Kill yourself, faggot" and "rape" are 2 very different things.

One is just being super salty.
The other is a potential threat you shouldn't take too lightly.

"Salty", again with the buzzwords.

Also, both of those statements actually fall into the same category: Vitriol that doesn't belong in multiplayer gaming.

Fuck that, I talk trash all the time. Makes the team step up. Don't punish me for thin skinned people who can't mute folks. Grief is a whole different matter and should be a bananable offense.
This is embarrassing. Hearing some asshole go off the team makes me do the opposite of step up because you're most likely one of those people that thinks they are the only one doing something when you ain't shit.

No wonder the gaming community is garbage. IT'S JUST WORDS LOL. THEY DON'T HURT UNLESS TRIGGERD SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!

"It's just trashtalk! Psychological warfare!" Yeah no. If you were on my team being an obnoxious asshole, I don't care what hypothetical advantage you think your mouth diahrea gives our team, I'm either kicking you or dropping out.

This thread is great for one thing, exposing some shitty people that post on this forum. Holy shit.....

Reporting people for Griefing and in game spamming is what tipped me off.
Getting mad over this is just being a baby.

Griefing is literally an in game feature in games like bomberman Xbox 360.
That's ENCOURAGED!

You can't help but laugh hysterically over it.

Edit: it was bomberman for 360 not snes.

Your seesaw from "You're all pansies" to "O Don't belittle people" back to calling everybody name's is textbook.

I remember at least when y'all tried to hide the nonsense behind some semblance of coherence and novelty of a gimmick.

This is just lazy and quite frankly, sad!

messiaen

If a mercy is being trash, I'm going to tell them, if a DD isn't killing, I'm going to tell them. I work too much to waste time coddling bad kids. All my trash talk is gameplay related, I don't attack them personally, I don't know em. But I know if they're playing like shit. I've been master past 3 seasons and gone as high as 3900. It's worked for me since day one. I play in a group of 3 and we maintain a 50%+ win rate. You can defy trash talk without demoralizing people. Look at the army.
Sorry, but what? You think people in the army trash talk each other in a combat situation? The army isn't like what you watched in Full Metal Jacket anymore, it hasn't been that way for nearly 20 years and continues to evolve.

Seik

Banned
Lol, this thread exposes a few ingame assholes. Pretty much why I hate game where voice chat is key or auto-mute some folks.

There is a margin between:

"Dude, listen, you gotta step your game up."

To

"WTF MAN?! GET BETTER OR GO KILL YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT WOW WE'RE ALL LOSING BECAUSE OF YOU, DIE IN A FIRE!"

Probably the same kind of chaps that go ape shit when a woman is in the team.

That's ENCOURAGED!

They encourage you to say "kill yourself faggot, nigger, I'm gonna rape you, show me your tits?" No wonder the gaming community is full of racist, sexist, homophobic people.

PMS341

That's ENCOURAGED!

Funny, that "feature" is from one of the worst games of it's generation.

Fighting games have taunt buttons, but they don't have dedicated "Kill yourself faggot" buttons for a reason.

I don't believe Blizzard. Console comp is a trash fire due to how much one person can control a game by throwing or griefing. And there's nothing you can do about it.

I just accept that when I see Hanzo, Widow, Sombra, that we've already lost the match and somebody is likely trying to throw. Thanks for promising features over a year into your game but it's a bit late. This season made me take a break.

You can claim you're not an asshole and it's just a strategy. But if "acting" like a vicious asshole brings you legitimate joy in pissing people off, then you are not just "acting" like a vicious asshole.

hobozero

I'm curious how effective trash-talking your teammates actually is. One would think it would just stress them out more, leading to even worse performance. Given that, you would think anyone who practices that kind of shit-talking would soon notice it doesn't fucking work, and abandon the practice as futile eventually - maybe even try positive encouragement instead.

Unless they aren't really doing it to help others improve their game, and it's just self-satisfying asshole wankery...

8byte

Banned

I'm literally mocking you like you mock people and you're getting "triggered" by it, getting defensive.

Do you see why your shit personality is shit?

Just be a better person and have fun playing the game, not making yourself feel better by "trash talking".

You're just like "it's just a prank bro!" people on YouTube.

A bunch of "tough guys" who lose that edge once shit gets "real".

I'm curious how effective trash-talking your teammates actually is. One would think it would just stress them out more, leading to even worse performance. Given that, you would think anyone who practices that kind of shit-talking would soon notice it doesn't fucking work, and abandon the practice as futile eventually - maybe even try positive encouragement instead.

Unless they aren't really doing it to help others improve their game, and it's just self-satisfying asshole wankery...
I mean I know personally when I hear people do that shit in my direction my eyes glaze over and I just stop trying as hard.

They encourage you to say "kill yourself faggot, nigger, I'm gonna rape you, show me your tits?" No wonder the gaming community is full of racist, sexist, homophobic people.

In case this was cut from school funding.
Here it is from me to you, free of charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI4KwLhv9dY

I'm literally mocking you like you mock people and you're getting "triggered" by it getting defensive.

Do you see why your shit personality is shit?

It's shit. Just be a better person and have fun playing the game, not making yourself feel better by "trash talking".

You're just like "it's just a prank bro!"

A bunch of "tough guys" who lose that edge once shit gets "real".

Just a little more to the left please.
baked-potato.png

It's not seasoned enough yet.

Riot has stats about this, actually. Generally, they found that more trash talk leads to worse performance. So yeah.
Edit: oh boy, we are at sticks n stones?

Lol dis fool brought out sticks and stones.

Spoken like someone who says some repugnant ass shit to people. How many people have you called a faggot then?

Jebusman

Banned
Have we learned anything yet?
Trying to teach you guys some valuable life lessons here.

Don't get mad at me.
I'm not the one who gave you hate mail.

We've learned you like being a cunt. I mean finding any way to justify "kill yourself, faggot" in any way, shape and form is just trash.

I feel like that's all we're going to get out of this.

Rmagnus

Banned

That's ENCOURAGED!

Triggered? Lol

Have we learned anything yet?
Trying to teach you guys some valuable life lessons here.

Don't get mad at me.
I'm not the one who gave you hate mail.
Life lessons. Just precious.

Keep thinking you're important, sunshine. Laugh on whatever weird offshoot you post on about how you trololololoed on NEOCUCK™.

We've learned you like being a cunt. I mean finding any way to justify "kill yourself, faggot" in any way, shape and form is just trash.

I feel like that's all we're going to get out of this.

And now we really know who the REAL hate mail senders are.
Please tell me how you REALLY feel.

I learned to report someone when I think this person is toxic to a community.

:)

Even if I get banned for keeping it real I'll still get my daily fix for news.
You guys make gamefaqs users look like saints.

I do mildly regret being able to use these forums.

:p

Top Bottom