• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2015

Rosur

Dying Light I'm sure I thought that was out in Jan... unless it was delayed for the UK and missed that news.

Not as bad a drop as I thought for The Order 1886.

dolemite

The Order is a good but short game. For some reason the reviewers are applying the "short == bad" logic to this game. And the weekly drop is actually quite small, compared to what we usually see.

bombshell

Dying Light I'm sure I thought that was out in Jan... unless it was delayed for the UK and missed that news.

Not as bad a drop as I thought for The Order 1886.

Physical was delayed for whole Europe, digital was out same time as US release.

Lot of people thought negative WOM™ and retailers with flooded used copies would lead to a pretty huge drop for Order.

Evolve is going down.

CEX still has less than 1000 copies, which is pretty surprising. They dropped the values pretty quickly after release, but there wasn't the expected rush to sell/trade copies that would usually demand such action.

Bruno MB

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 28 February 2015

(100%)

01 (NE) DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 39,965
02 (02) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 20,805 / 2,111,162 (-15%)
03 (NE) DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
04 (01) THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (05) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 15,986 / 5,267,449 (-5%)
06 (06) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (04) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT) > 10,040 (-40%)
08 (03) EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
09 (07) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
10 (09) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Code:
The Order: 1886 1st week > 36,127
The Order: 1886 2nd week > 15,986 (-56%)

The Order: 1886 LTD > 52,113

[B]Dying Light[/B]

PS4 (57%)
XBO (40%)
PC (3%)

[B]Dragon Ball Xenoverse[/B]

PS4 (50%)
XBO (32%)
360 (9%)
PS3 (9%)

Will be interesting to see how Dragon Ball charts in germany.
DB is huge there.

XJRzars.jpg

BKK

I just noticed Destiny on X1 at no 40...that's like 100 - 200 sold right?

Jesus...

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 28 February 2015

(100%)

01 (NE) DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 39,965
02 (02) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 20,805 / 2,111,162 (-15%)
03 (NE) DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
04 (01) THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (05) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 15,986 / 5,267,449 (-5%)
06 (06) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (04) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT) > 10,040 (-40%)
08 (03) EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
09 (07) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
10 (09) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Code:
The Order: 1886 1st week > 36,127
The Order: 1886 2nd week > 15,986 (-56%)

The Order: 1886 LTD > 52,113

[B]Dying Light[/B]

PS4 (57%)
XBO (40%)
PC (3%)

[B]Dragon Ball Xenoverse[/B]

PS4 (50%)
XBO (32%)
360 (9%)
PS3 (9%)

There tends to be a misconception about how low the bottow of the charts are. They're pretty much always in the four figure region.

In this case Dragon Ball on 360 and PS3 both sold >1,439 with PS3 version not even making top 40.

With Dying Light not releasing here it will probably be
1. The Order
2: DBZ
3. GTA V

Let's wait and see. Don't underestimate the power of Dragon Ball in germany.

edit.
Ah, I forgot.
These PS4+The Order bundles in germany are huge right now.
Yep, The Order: 1886 will be No.1

Good to see the delay didn't affect Dying Light's sales, I think. Well worth the money for all you can do in the game.

I hope delaying the physical release will not become a thing to make the people that want it day one having to buy the more expensive digital version.

Good to see The Order have good week 2 sales, would love to see a sequel. With Amazon and Argos offering bundles including the game, this must of helped it from dropping further down the chart.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There tends to be a misconception about how low the bottow of the charts are. They're pretty much always in the four figure region.

In this case Dragon Ball on 360 and PS3 both sold >1,439 with PS3 version not even making top 40.

When people will get that, the lower chart rankings, the smaller the difference in mere unità between them (normally), it'll be a better world.

eFKac

Good for Dying Light, one of the better Techland games, so glad that they're rewarded.

Great hold for The Order, and that TLoU evergreen :-D

Edit. A little lower ratio for the PS4 SKU of Xenoverse than I expected.

France
02 (02) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (CAPCOM)
03 (01) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)

MH4U holding better than Zelda! :eek:

Xando

Let's wait and see. Don't underestimate the power of Dragon Ball in germany.

The Order was sold as a bundle from Media Markt(Game + PS4 399€) and Saturn (Game + camera + 2nd controller + PS4 for 449€) both with TV ads last week. That should be enough for no. 1.

Xando

bundles dont count in germany

They aren't bundles in the classic way. Media Markt and Saturn just tape the retail games on a standard PS4 and call it bundle.

So it counts as a retail copy. Not like the official bundles like GTA V or Destiny.

The Order was sold as a bundle from Media Markt(Game + PS4 399€) and Saturn (Game + camera + 2nd controller + PS4 for 449€) both with TV ads last week. That should be enough for no. 1.

Yep, check my edit. in my previous post.

Even the bundle on Amazon is runnin' wild:

eZJNra9.png

bundles dont count in germany
It's not "real" bundle.

They aren't bundles in the classic way. Media Markt and Saturn just tape the retail games on a standard PS4 and call it bundle.

So it counts as a retail copy. Not like the official bundles like GTA V or Destiny.
This!

freefornow

Is 52000 LTD in the UK good (2 weeks).
How does it compare to other new exclusive IP released this Gen?
(in the UK)

Hasney

Much better than Sunset at the very least.

Probably didn't do better than Watch Dogs on current gen.

WATCH_DOGS had a strong debut, I'd doubt it did better than even just the PS4 SKU.

Did better than Driveclub during the initial period I think, but I don't think we got much in the way of concrete numbers.

WATCH_DOGS had a strong debut, I'd doubt it did better than even just the PS4 SKU.

Did better than Driveclub during the initial period I think, but I don't think we got much in the way of concrete numbers.

Didn't WD break records or am I thinking of a different game?

The Order is a good but short game. For some reason the reviewers are applying the "short == bad" logic to this game.
Because short with no replayability is terrible value for money at £50, and when reviewing a product of any sort value is important I should think.

I'm not too surprised at how it's doing though. It was advertised a fair bit on TV from what I saw and user reviews have been far more positive all around.

Hasney

The Order is a good but short game. For some reason the reviewers are applying the "short == bad" logic to this game. And the weekly drop is actually quite small, compared to what we usually see.

I disagree entirely. Being short is just one of many issues, even if it could be the most glaring.
Didn't WD break records or am I thinking of a different game?

You are correct:

UKIE has revealed that Ubisoft’s release has beaten the previous new IP record set three years ago by Rockstar’s L.A. Noire by a sales increase of 58%, and is now the 17th best launch release in the UK to-date.

Belgo Ray

I'm on a business trip this week so won't be able to post the German charts on Wednesday as usual. I can deliver Friday the earliest, if it hasn't been done by somebody else until then.

system11

Surprised to see Dying Light doing well. With the layers of crap effects in there it really is an ugly duckling.

Kyougar

ok, my bad. Didnt know about this.

Top Bottom