• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2015

test_account

XP-39C²
...If that wasn't clear, that was sarcasm XD
Ah ok hehe. Its not always easy to know when its written, and i didnt see anything out of the ordinary from what he wrote, so i missed the sarcasm =)

Yes, it certainly seems that I work/previously worked for Sony because I enjoyed their latest release and am happy to see it succeed.

Seems completely plausible.

Guess the jig is up - behold my true identity Playstation Nation. *flies off into the sunset

http://cdn2-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2013/06/jacktrettonhappy.jpg
Hehe, well, there are people working in the industry that are here on NeoGAF, thats why i asked =) Me personally didnt see what you wrote as a PR statement or anything like that, i just missed mpl90's sarcasm, so i had to ask him.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Italy:
01. The Order: 1886 (Sony, PS4)
02. FIFA 15 (EA, PS4)
03. The Order: 1886 Collector's Edition (Sony, PS4)
04. Minecraft (Sony, PS3)
05. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo, 3DS)
06. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, 3DS)
07. Minecraft (Sony, PS4)
08. FIFA 15 (EA, PS3)
09. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar, PS4)
10. Just Dance 2015 (Ubisoft, Wii)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/14608...ta-per-le-console-total-war-attila-su-pc.html

YES!! The Order is selling very well. This is good.

Just looked back at metacritic and many of the Order's positive reviews come from international sources. Looks like the game was received much better worldwide then in the states. Could be a factor in some sales, maybe.

Peru

So The Order: 1886 debuted No1 in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Australia and other EU territories.

Great work RAD.

Proves reviews mean nothing - after the absolute unfair massacring of the title by reviewers, I will never use reviews as a reference for purchases.

I loved the The Order: 1886, and it seems to have been successful.

Hoping for a sequel now. :)

Reviews mean quite a lot, that's why publishers care so much about them. Doesn't mean a less-than top reviewed game can't do really well or vice versa, obviously, but they mean quite a lot and saying they don't won't make a difference.

Judging reviewers as a great mass is silly, you find writers you enjoy and you may put more weight on what they say than others. Reviewers are, and should be, wildly different. "I will never use reviews again" is childish hyperbole.

Bruno MB

Norwegian charts are back.

YHFbe.png

Norway:
Week 7, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
02 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
04 (__) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3D (NINTENDO)
05 (02) MINECRAFT (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
06 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
07 (04) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (05) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
09 (07) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (06) BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

YHFbe.png

Norway:
Week 8, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (02) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (01) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
04 (05) MINECRAFT (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
05 (06) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (07) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (08) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
08 (__) THE CREW (UBISOFT)
09 (03) EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
10 (09) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Norwegian charts are back.

YHFbe.png

Norway:
Week 7, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
02 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
04 (__) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME 3D (NINTENDO)
05 (02) MINECRAFT (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
06 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
07 (04) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (05) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
09 (07) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (06) BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

YHFbe.png

Norway:
Week 8, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (02) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (01) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
04 (05) MINECRAFT (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
05 (06) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (07) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (08) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
08 (__) THE CREW (UBISOFT)
09 (03) EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
10 (09) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
Ouch at that Evolve debut.

joecanada

Reviews mean quite a lot, that's why publishers care so much about them. Doesn't mean a less-than top reviewed game can't do really well or vice versa, obviously, but they mean quite a lot and saying they don't won't make a difference.

Judging reviewers as a great mass is silly, you find writers you enjoy and you may put more weight on what they say than others. Reviewers are, and should be, wildly different. "I will never use reviews again" is childish hyperbole.

I haven't used reviews in years, call it whatever you want. As long as clowns give non working games 7, 8 I ignore them all. Show me a reviewer who honestly reviewed broken bf4, Halo MCC, and cod aw ( I quit after 2 weeks due to horrendous unplayable lag, hit detection) , and maybe I'll pay attention. None of these deserve more than a 5. Some are obviously fixed now but not the point when talking reviews

You should totally keep track of those posts so when Quantum Break does similar numbers and they pop in to laugh at its poor sales, we can point and laugh at them...

With the state the X1 is in Europe it would not be surprising. I don't see QB being anything less than an 8/10 game so it'd be pretty bad if it can't even outdo the Order

At least you'll be here to remind us about the affect of bundling.

Well, I can't allow people to live out a fantasy where they think a game is doing well all by itself when that just isn't true.

Would you rather ignorance be allowed to spread through these hallowed threads?

With the state the X1 is in Europe it would not be surprising. I don't see QB being anything less than an 8/10 game so it'd be pretty bad if it can't even outdo the Order

It won't outdo Order unless MS bundle it as heavily as Sony are now bundling Order. That much is pretty much guaranteed.

I think it's going to be hilarious to see people trashing the game because of those bad numbers after all the hoops they are currently jumping through to extract a sliver of positive news from Order sales.

lherre

Accurate
Well, I can't allow people to live out a fantasy where they think a game is doing well all by itself when that just isn't true.

It won't outdo Order unless MS bundle it as heavily as Sony are now bundling Order. That much is pretty much guaranteed.

I think it's going to be hilarious to see people trashing the game because of those bad numbers after all the hoops they are currently jumping through to extract a sliver of positive news from Order sales.

In Spain at least, with or without bundling, QB won't sell good basically because XBone is almost dead here.

Klart

Yes, ALL those hoops, man. Hilarious. So many hoops.They only decided to bundle it after they saw those bad reviews. Such a hoop.

In Spain at least, with or without bundling, QB won't sell good basically because XBone is almost dead here.

It won't sell as good in any mainland countries. I doubt it will sell as good as Order did in the UK.

Yes, ALL those hoops, man. Hilarious. So many hoops.They only decided to bundle it after they saw those bad reviews. Such a hoop.

Yes, because I was solely referring to bundling.

How about you calm down a little before posting.

Being so emotionally invested in a game where you feel you have to leap to its defence against any perceived wrong isn't healthy in the slightest.

Xando

This sounds incredible salty.

XB1 software isn't selling good in europe no matter how much it get's bundled. The console just isn't anywhere near as good for the majority of people in europe, it has a shitty image and right now and MS is not doing much to give europeans a incentive to buy any software (Haven't turned on my XB1 since i finished SO and i doubt i will use it until QB is out).

Every week you are trying to downplay PS4 software sales because of bundles or cheap price (ironically while praising FH2 which is nowhere near it's original price).
No one of us knows the official sales number for the order and the only people that know if they are happy with it are Sony.

People try to find good news about The Order sales as much as you try to find good news about XB1 software sales.

This sounds incredible salty.

XB1 software isn't selling good in europe no matter how much it get's bundled. The console just isn't anywhere near as good for the majority of people in europe, it has a shitty image and right now and MS is not doing much to give europeans a incentive to buy any software (Haven't turned on my XB1 since i finished SO and i doubt i will use it until QB is out).

Every week you are trying to downplay PS4 software sales because of bundles or cheap price (ironically while praising FH2 which is nowhere near it's original price).
No one of us knows the official sales number for the order and the only people that know if they are happy with it are Sony.

People try to find good news about The Order sales as much as you try to find good news about XB1 software sales.

Yes, I'm incredibly salty that a game I like and hope gets a sequel with a fleshed out multilayer mode is doing reasonably well.

And I try to downplay PS4 software? That's your bias towards a specific console getting in the way of constructive debate about why a game is selling well.

As for praising FH2. Do you even read my posts or do you only see what your bias allows you to see? Trying to find out why a game is suddenly selling well and climbing the charts isn't praise.

If you'd like to argue that DC would have sold well regardless of bundles, go right ahead as I'd love to read such an argument and how you'd explain its position in the chart prior to bundling to post bundling.

If you'd also like to argue that the lower than expected drop for Order isn't likely due to bundling, go right ahead as I'd also love to read that argument.

I should have put a winking smiley on the end. I just think you go overboard in the other direction. I could almost see the palpable relief when you realized week two numbers could have been helped by bundling. Even if as usual there are no sales numbers for those bundles.

I'm sure bundled games get included in the charts here because it would be impossible to exclude them, every shop tries to shift consoles with bundled software, so it's almost meaningless to latch onto specific games as they all are.

I should have put a winking smiley on the end. I just think you go overboard in the other direction. I could almost see the palpable relief when you realized week two numbers could have been helped by bundling. Even if as usual there are no sales numbers for those bundles.

I'm sure bundled games get included in the charts here because it would be impossible to exclude them, every shop tries to shift consoles with bundled software, so it's almost meaningless to latch onto specific games as they all are.

Palpable relief?

Amazing. You're in a sales thread and when a reason for why a game held better than expected is presented and there's surprise at that information due to not knowing it was bundled so heavily, that becomes 'palpable relief'.

This smacks of a poor attempt to try and label anyone who isn't gushing with praise at the Order's somewhat mediocre performance as either salty or someone who just irrationally hates the game.

Poor form.

Xando

And I try to downplay PS4 software? That's your bias towards a specific console getting in the way of constructive debate about why a game is selling well.
Yes my bias for what exactly? I primarily play on PC and have both consoles if i'm bias towards anything it's PC.
You're the one posting that the order is selling well because of bundles without having any facts about sales targets or actual split of bundled sales/normal sales.

As for praising FH2. Do you even read my posts or do you only see what your bias allows you to see? Trying to find out why a game is suddenly selling well and climbing the charts isn't praise.

If you'd like to argue that DC would have sold well regardless of bundles, go right ahead as I'd love to read such an argument and how you'd explain its position in the chart prior to bundling to post bundling.
Both DC and FH2 started to sell better while being part of console offers or having price cuts but only with DC you're determined to point that out.

Palpable relief?

Amazing. You're in a sales thread and when a reason for why a game held better than expected is presented and there's surprise at that information due to not knowing it was bundled so heavily, that becomes 'palpable relief'.

This smacks of a poor attempt to try and label anyone who isn't gushing with praise at the Order's mediocre performance as either salty or someone who just irrationally hates the game.

Poor form.

Have you seen me lavishing any praise on The Order's performance? I just view bundles differently to how you do.

edit: Actually Miles apologise for that terminology, shouldn't have been so flippant.

Going back to sales. This is one week in the UK in February. So I'm guessing 5k would be generous for bundled sales.

But it's a random finger in the air guess. I just think it'll sell more to existing owners than new ones.

Yes my bias for what exactly? I primarily play on PC and have both consoles if i'm bias towards anything it's PC.
You're the one posting that the order is selling well because of bundles without having any facts about sales targets or actual split of bundled sales/normal sales.

Both DC and FH2 started to sell better while being part of console offers or having price cuts but only with DC you're determined to point that out.

Pretty sure I said that Order is holding better than expected due to bundles rather than selling better.

We won't know if it's selling better due to bundles until it faces more competition from new releases/contiuee to have hold better than expected.

And feel free to link me to these console offers and price cuts for Horizon 2. As I've often asked in almost every single recent post about Horizon 2 if it was on offer but was almost always met with silence.

DC console offers and price cuts were much more observable, so of course those would be discussed more.

Usobuko

Banned
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES) - Between 15,896 and 20,805
DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF Z (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES) - 5,434
DRAGON BALL Z: ULTIMATE TENKAICHI (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES) < 5,434
DRAGON BALL Z: RAGING BLAST 2 (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES) < 5,434

Hopefully Metro UK will publish the platform split.

Xenoverse looks to be successful relatively to sales expectation, also had high steam stats peak player count for it.

c0de

Infamous 2 did less than that and still got a sequel. It is up to what Sony and RAD thought it was going to do versus what it ends up doing, but looks fairly promising at week two. Let's just hope it holds on a little longer...

Sales alone won't matter - what matters is how much did The Order cost, what will be the income (sales) and how much will a sucessor cost (and how big do you expect sales to be).

Has FH2 been part of console bundles? I would have no issue at all saying it was, i think MS do a poor job of bundling their games and Forza 5 was heavily bundled... but apart from a weird Tesco bundle I don't see it anywhere else? The MS bundles all include AC, Forza 5 GOTY edition, SO white bundle or COD special edition at the moment, not much for FH2...

Has FH2 been part of console bundles? I would have no issue at all saying it was, i think MS do a poor job of bundling their games and Forza 5 was heavily bundled... but apart from a weird Tesco bundle I don't see it anywhere else? The MS bundles all include AC, Forza 5 GOTY edition, SO white bundle or COD special edition at the moment, not much for FH2...

I'm hoping he posts those deals/console offers he was talking about. It'd be nice to get some confirmation of if that's the reason why it's suddenly charting and rising again.

Australian game sales surge in 2014

Sydney, Australia – 4 March 2015 – Australia’s video and computer games industry had a very strong year in 2014, hitting $2.46 billion, an increase of 20 per cent over 2013. According to research released by the Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (IGEA), the industry saw a total of $1.214 billion in traditional retail sales, up 7 per cent on 2013, along with $1.248 billion in digital sales, a jump of 39 per cent over last year

TIV-Infographic-PORTRAIT-AU-600px.jpg

http://www.igea.net/2015/03/australian-game-sales-surge-2014/

Cool, thx! :)

Consoles generated 272.000.000 $ last year, so that's roughly ~359.000.000 $ for this year (maybe a few million up and down because the 2014 rise contains handhelds).

If PS4 accounted for 60% of this, that's around ~215.400.000 $

Don't know the average price-range of the system there, therefore:

If average price ~300$ -> ~718.000 units
If average price ~350$ -> ~615.000 units
If average price ~400$ -> ~539.000 units
If average price ~450$ -> ~479.000 units
If average price ~500$ -> ~431.000 units

Just to get some rough estimates about the console sales.

Edit: But who knows if the 60% is just hardware or hardware+software+accessories ^^

Belgo Ray

I'm on a business trip this week so won't be able to post the German charts on Wednesday as usual. I can deliver Friday the earliest, if it hasn't been done by somebody else until then.

They were faster than usual, so here we go ;)

Will be interesting to see how Dragon Ball charts in germany.
DB is huge there.

XJRzars.jpg

Top 50 Germany (Week 9, February 23-28)

01 (NE) PS4 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
02 (01) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886
03 (02) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D
04 (03) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
05 (06) PS4 FIFA 15
06 (NE) XBO DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
07 (05) PS4 EVOLVE
08 (NE) PS3 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
09 (04) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE
10 (10) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
11 (09) PS3 MINECRAFT
12 (12) PS3 FIFA 15
13 (13) PS4 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN
14 (11) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN
15 (14) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR
16 (16) PS4 FAR CRY 4
17 (17) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS
18 (21) PS4 MINECRAFT
19 (18) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTSSIMULATOR 15
20 (15) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE
21 (07) PS4 DEAD OR ALIVE 5: LAST ROUND
22 (22) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY
23 (23) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U
24 (27) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
25 (20) PC DIE SIMS 4
26 (33) PS4 DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION
27 (39) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V
28 (24) XBO EVOLVE
29 (44) PC DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS
30 (08) PC TOTAL WAR: ATTILA
31 (26) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4
32 (30) 360 MINECRAFT
33 (31) PS4 THE CREW
34 (36) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
35 (42) PS4 DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS
36 (64) XBO FIFA 15
37 (41) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II
38 (25) PC EVOLVE
39 (50) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
40 (32) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
41 (40) WIU CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER
42 (38) 3DS MARIO KART 7
43 (34) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2
44 (35) PS4 DESTINY
45 (43) PS4 NBA 2K15
46 (NE) 360 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
47 (54) PC THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
48 (45) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG
49 (66) PC DIABLO III
50 (57) PC COMMAND & CONQUER ULTIMATE COLLECTION

By platform:

PS4 18
PC 9
3DS 9
PS3 6
XBO 4
WIIU 2
360 2

noobie

Banned
They were faster than usual, so here we go ;)

Top 50 Germany (Week 9, February 23-28)

01 (NE) PS4 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
02 (01) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886
03 (02) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D
04 (03) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
05 (06) PS4 FIFA 15
06 (NE) XBO DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
07 (05) PS4 EVOLVE
08 (NE) PS3 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE
09 (04) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE
10 (10) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
11 (09) PS3 MINECRAFT