• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2015

Paganmoon

Sweden week 9, the order drops a few positions.

Multiformat (per plattform) said:
1.Dying Light (PS4)
2.Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
3.The Order: 1886 (PS4)
4.FIFA 15 (PS4)
5.The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
6.Dying Light (XBO)
7.The Sims 4 (PC)
8.Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
9.Minecraft (PS3)
10.Minecraft (360)
11.FIFA 15 (PS3)
12.Dragonball Z: Xenoverse (PS4)
13.Dying Light (PC)
14.FIFA 15 (360)
15.Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)
16.Just Dance 2015 (Wii)
17.Grand Theft Auto V (XBO)
18.Minecraft (PS4)
19.NHL 15 (PS4)
20.Far Cry 4 (PS4)
Multiformat combined said:
1.Dying Light
2.FIFA 15
3.Grand Theft Auto V
4.Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
5.Minecraft
6.The Order: 1886
7.The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
8.NHL 15
9.Far Cry 4
10.Dragonball Z: Xenoverse
11.The Sims 4
12.Just Dance 2015
13.Dragon Age: Inquisition
14.Lego Marvel Super Heroes
15.Battlefield 4
16.Destiny
17.Skylanders: Trap Team
18.Evolve
19.Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
20.Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

The drop isn't too bad, position wise, but might not bode well that gta5 nudged past it. Can't have sold that much.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What's inside this week's MCV Magazine Issue

Software (Individual, All Formats, Units and Revenue) stats for February

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-and-take-two-shine-in-a-quiet-february/0146275

The article states that both Evolve and The Order 1886 did not sell "as well as some stores had been hoping for".

feb_1501.jpg

feb_1502.jpg

More in the article.

Also, from the magazine itself

Total War: Attila's first week overall - 21,680
81% of its sales were through Steam and other download partners.
Thus, Total War: Attila's first week at retail - 4,119

Also, it "would have charted at No.3 in the Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 if the rankings took into consideration digital sales"

SEGA: Last five entries in the Total War series - Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2, Rome II and Attila - have shifted 11 millions copies in total, while over 18 millions of DLC have been sold. Over one million unique players each month.

Mpl90

Cod sold so well on X1 that there was no PS4 sku?

The Xbox One version sold as if it were two SKUs! Damn, that's such a demonstration of strength for One!

Dat typo

The article states that both Evolve and The Order 1886 did not sell "as well as some stores had been hoping for".

While I'm sure retailers would have hoped The Order would have sold more, the chart and probably article attaining to it? was for only 2 days worth of sales for The Order. However, it still managed 2nd individually and 7th best selling game with multiplats combined. Now for a slow month of February, where sales won't be too hot and again retailers would have been hoping for bigger releases/sales, The Order doesn't seem to have done that bad in context.

jaina

I'm not particularly fond of the "only two days" argument, because the launch is a peak and includes preorders. But I don't have data comparisons of first 2 days vs. first 7 days.

I still think the Order is selling well.

BKK

What's inside this week's MCV Magazine Issue

feb_1501.jpg

Total War: Attila's first week overall - 21,680

Also, it "would have charted at No.3 in the Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 if the rankings took into consideration digital sales"

So Evolve < 21,860 in week 8.

CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

Week 8: 24,476 (+3%)
Week 7: 23,763 (+14%)
Week 6: 20,845 (-21%)
Week 5: 26,386

Feb: 95,470

GRAND THEFT AUTO V

Week 8: 16,733 (+0%)
Week 7: 16,733 (-7%)
Week 6: 17,992 (-23%)
Week 5: 23,366

Feb: 74,824

FIFA 15

Week 9: >10,040 (-11%)
Week 8: >11,281 <16,733
Week 7: 16,266 (-1%)
Week 6: 16,430 (-11%)
Week 5: 18,461

Feb: 62,438 - 67,890

And Evolve >74,824 weeks 7+8.

EVOLVE

Week 9: > 8,733 < 9,973 (-54%)
Week 8: > 18,986 < 21,680 (-66%)
Week 7: > 55,839 < 63,765

Feb: 74,824 - 85,445

Far Cry > than GTA week 8, < FIFA week 7;

FAR CRY 4

Week 8: > 16,733 < 20,820 (+28%)
Week 7: > 13,073 < 16,266 (+128%)
Week 6: > 5,734 < 7,134 (-21%)
Week 5: > 7,258 < 9,030

Feb: 42,798 - 53,250

Zelda <53,250 weeks 7 & 8. Zelda week 7 >Evolve XB1 (49%, >27,361);

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D

Week 9:
Week 8: > 8,208 < 12,288 (-70%)
Week 7: > 27,361 < 40,962

Feb > 35,569

THE ORDER: 1886

Week 8: > 36,127 < 47,284

Minecraft Xbox week 8 > Zelda week 8.

MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION

Week 8: > 8,208
Week 7: > 6,266
Week 6: > 7,202
Week 5: > 6,794

Feb: >28,470

February All Formats; (rough numbers)

01 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: ~95k
02 Evolve: ~80k (+/- 5k)
03 Grand Theft Auto V: ~75k
04 FIFA 15: ~65k (+/- 3k)
05 Far Cry 4: ~48k (+/- 5k)
06 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: ~44k (+/- 9k)
07 The Order: 1883: ~42k (+/- 6k)
08 Minecraft: Xbox Edition: ~38k (+/- 9k)

Quentyn

Dying Light has already outsold the Order and Evolve.

In the world of physical game sales, Dying Light is a roaring success despite the download version launching a month ago.

There had been some concern that the delay of the release of the boxed retail version of Techland's zombie kill-'em-up would affect its sales. But it's already outdone two other high-profile games after just two weeks on sale.

UK sales company Chart-Track revealed today that Dying Light has already outsold PlayStation 4 exclusive The Order: 1886 (launched 20th February) and 2K Games 4v1 shooter Evolve (launched 10th February) after just two weeks on sale in shops - and with the download version going live weeks beforehand.

Dying Light is number one in the UK chart for a second week running. Grand Theft Auto 5, FIFA 15 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare take the next three spots.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse drops two places to fifth. Minecraft: Xbox Edition is sixth. The Order falls three places to seventh. Rebellion's Zombie Army Trilogy enters the chart in eighth place. Evolve is down one place to nine. Minecraft PlayStation Edition rounds out the top 10.

Here's the top 10:

Dying Light
Grand Theft Auto 5
FIFA 15
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Minecraft: Xbox Edition
The Order: 1886
Zombie Army Trilogy
Evolve
Minecraft PlayStation Edition

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ght-sales-overtake-the-order-and-evolve-in-uk

AU charts hit this morning too

The below is the IGEA All Platforms Chart - Australia for February 23 through March 1.

1. Dying Light - Warner Bros. Interactive
  2. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse - Bandai Namco Games
  3. The Order: 1886 - Sony Computer Ent.
  4. Grand Theft Auto V - Rockstar Games
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Nintendo
  6. Evolve - 2K Games
  7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Activision
  8. Minecraft - Microsoft
  9. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Capcom USA
  10. Far Cry 4 - Ubisoft

NZ

The below is the IGEA All Platforms Chart - Australia for February 23 through March 1.

1. Dying Light - Warner Bros. Interactive
  2. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse - Bandai Namco Games
  3. Minecraft - Microsoft
  4. The Order: 1886 - Sony Computer Ent.
  5. Grand Theft Auto V - Rockstar Games
  6. Far Cry 4 - Ubisoft
  7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Activision
  8. Battlefield 4 - Electronic Arts
  9. Evolve 2K - Games
  10. FIFA 15 - Electronic Arts

Horizon 2 fell this week. Guess those sales and console offers that Xando talked about are over?

ZAT sold more on X1 is a surprise. Bought it on PS4 myself, can't stand screen tearing.

Mpl90

PR

‘Dying Light’ (-48%) from Warner Bros and Polish developer Techland is still alive and kicking at No1 for a second week.

Since launch, it has managed to outperform other recent new IP from both Sony (The Order: 1886) and Take 2 (Evolve), despite already having been launched digitally a month ago. The big three of ‘Grand Theft Auto V’, ‘FIFA 15’ (-17%) and ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ (-56%) occupy the next three places. With a sales dip of only 10% ‘GTA V’ performs the best climbing to No2 ahead of FIFA 15 at No3 and leapfroging COD at No4.
Released two weeks ago, ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse’ (-61%) drops two places to No5, while the Minecrafts both remain in the Top10 as the Xbox Editions are up three places to No6 (-14%) and the Playstation Editions remain at No10 (-12%). No1 three weeks ago, ‘The Order: 1886’ (-62%) falls three places to No7 ahead of this week’s only Top 40 new entry ‘Zombie Army Trilogy’, UK developer Rebellion’s updated collection of their ‘Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army’ titles for Xbox One and PS4. ‘Evolve’ (-35%) enjoys a fourth week in the Top 10, down one place from No8 to No9.

It's outsold The Order & Evolve already, might just be super popular word of mouth getting around. Helped that it was a quiet week for new releases too. Really strong hold though I agree.

Zombie games do tend to do pretty well, so j guess there's that.

How strong is word of mouth for DL?
I only seem to hear chatter about Order and how amazing it looks. Hardly anyone in my gaming circle has even brought up DL.

How's the marketing been? I haven't seen any for DL, compared to the few ads I still see for Order.

Zombie games do tend to do pretty well, so j guess there's that.

How strong is word of mouth for DL?
I only seem to hear chatter about Order and how amazing it looks. Hardly anyone in my gaming circle has even brought up DL.

Heard a lot of quiet praise in terms of it being a nice comfy Dead Island but more parkour style game. I'm tempted to pick it up since it's been so long since I've played a zombie game, especially one more focused on open world movement, but I'm still burnt out on open world stuff atm.

Most people seem to be expecting Dead Island 3 (2? What does Riptide count as?) when they go in and are pleasantly surprised the pacing is much better.

EDIT: Marketing I don't see much these days living in the countryside but the local EB store gave it a good push, no larger than Evolve though.

Hasney

Damn that evolve drop and that thing needed legs to build some community. Screamride missing from the top 40 too.

Oh yeah, forgot that came out. It's a difficult game to communicate effectively what the hell it is and I haven't seen any piece of marketing that would attempt to do it anyway,

EDIT: Saints Row IV/Gat Out Of Hell remaster with a fairly big climb. Offer somewhere?

EDIT: Saints Row IV/Gat Out Of Hell remaster with a fairly big climb. Offer somewhere?

I noticed OzGameShop/365games dropped their price quite a bit so I assume it's the same in store in the UK maybe? Always thought they priced it too high for a really late 'remaster'.

Hasney

I noticed OzGameShop/365games dropped their price quite a bit so I assume it's the same in store in the UK maybe? Always thought they priced it too high for a really late 'remaster'.

Yeah, especially as they gave it to High Voltage which I assume has to charge peanuts for the quality of their work and how often they're still used. I would have bought it full price if it was a good version because I love the game so much.

Yeah, especially as they gave it to High Voltage which I assume has to charge peanuts for the quality of their work and how often they're still used. I would have bought it full price if it was a good version because I love the game so much.

I enjoyed the PC version in a weird way, played it like a Crackdown sequel and had a good time with it. I'm still planning on grabbing it on PS4 but since the rough port became known I'll wait for the $20 mark to import (local version is edited I assume).

XB1 version of ZAT charting higher than PS4 version is a weird thing, was it advertised for XB1?

Not that I noticed, at the moment the PSN version of ZAT has a 20% discount in the UK, so that may have effected retail sales. There has also been more PS4 software released recently (Order, Helldivers), so PS4 owners may be keeping there money for other titles.

But looking at the chart there is probably not much of a difference in sales between the two versions, plus the Xbox One is doing decent numbers in the UK so there are plenty of software sales on the platform.

Top Bottom