• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount wants you to get ready for the Transformers Cinematic Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
TZvXjta.png
What that from

Frog-fu

Banned
Oh, no! More movies I don't have to watch unless I want to! How terrible. This is such a tragedy. A tragedy, tell you! It has to stop!

>Michael Bay is still involved

Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-WTF-GIF.gif

"Bay has said that this film will kick off a second trilogy of Transformers movies - and I think he's serious. That means there will be (at least) two more of these things. God help us all."

^ Chris Nashawaty in his review of TF:AoE for Entertainment Weekly

Thanks to this bit of news, there's gonna be a lot more than just two more movies. All with Bay's magical touches.

"God help us all" indeed.

JaseMath

I wish they would reboot Transformers and give it a story in line with the comics. The movies are fucking awful.

bananas

Banned
Transformers can't be a cinematic universe, because it's all one franchise. If they wanted to combine it with Battlefield they could make a "Hasbro Cinematic Universe" if they wanted to. Basically it's a franchise within a franchise, like Captain America is a franchise within the Marvel franchise

They're using the term here because people like it, not because it fits

Hasbro Cinematic Universe?

So when do we get the Transformers x My Little Pony crossover film?

Lunar15

I personally can't wait for the Wes Anderson Cinematic Universe, where Bill Murray and several other CGI versions of Bill Murray team up to teach awkward fatherly lessons to a group of CGI Owen Wilsons.

Ponn

Banned
It wouldn't be so bad if they maybe delved into some recent comic storylines. A spinoff series based off the MTME run about the Lost Light adventures could be freaking awesome. They need to shake off the idea that the movies need humans.

jstripes

Banned
Eventually there's going to be nothing but cinematic universes.

Just wait for the Adam Sandler cinematic universe, complete with crossovers of all his movies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It’s unknown whether Bay will return to directing duties for any new installments. He is currently in pre-production on his Benghazi thriller “13 Hours."

I never thought I would be desperate for Bay to stay directing transformers movies - but anything that stops Bay directing a Benghazi thriller would be worth it. It's going to be an abomination.

I read:
nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing benghazi thriller nothing nothing

wait, what? really?

are you sure this isnt being produced by FOX.

Bay, your transformers movies are harmless, dumb, but harmless. I thought that body builder movie was in poor taste, but again dumb. I cant imagine what this will be like.

on topic, as long as bay is not behind the wheel, I might go and see one of these again. what other aspects of the trasnformers universe are thier. isnt it self-contained?

riotous

Banned
No worse than Marvel.

Transformers thread: "More transformers movies? Hollywood needs to be more original!"

Marvel thread: "FUCK YES ANOTHER MARVEL MOVIE!! BUT OMG THEY CHANGED THAT CHARACTER TOO MUCH AND THIS ISN'T FOLLOWING THE COMIC CLOSE ENOUGH! "

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Transformers thread: "More transformers movies? Hollywood needs to be more original!"

Marvel thread: "FUCK YES ANOTHER MARVEL MOVIE!! BUT OMG THEY CHANGED THAT CHARACTER TOO MUCH AND THIS ISN'T FOLLOWING THE COMIC CLOSE ENOUGH! "

Surely the quality of the films isn't playing into this at all. No surely not.

riotous

Banned
Surely the quality of the films isn't playing into this at all. No surely not.

Of course.. but that's my point. When people complain about lack of originality it's a fairly vacuous complaint. Completely loses it's weight when the same people buy up completely unoriginal movies in record amounts.

You know what? Fuck it. Make more Transformers movies. Let everybody make a Transformers movie. Maybe one will be accidentally enjoyable, or maybe they'll burn America out on the concept.

The only thing I kept telling myself when watching Transformer: Extinction is "why the fuck is this movie 3 hours long"? Who wanted this? This isn't some LoTR epic, it's freaking Transformer. I mean maybe if it was a better written movie I would have no problem but it's not, it's horrible. Some of the things they did to pad the movie for 3 hours is just... wtf? Why is this necessary? And of course the Dinobots only show up during the remaining 30 mins of the movie.

Edit: correction the movie 165 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom