• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper and Gitaroo Man creators announce Project Rap Rabbit

Moskalova

C_n5XhgVoAAe7id.jpg

NanaOn-Sha and iNiS have launched the teaser website for Project Rap Rabbit, a collaborative new rhythm action game from PaRappa the Rapper creator Masaya Matsuura and Gitaroo Man creator Keiichi Yano.

Gematsu

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I thought this was an actual Parappa the Rapper and Gitaroo Man universe mash-up.

Still looks cool though. Dug that trailer.

Oh, I read about this in a Sony thread thinking it was an actual collaboration between Parappa and Gitaroo Man. Oops, guess I was mistaken.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I hope they go full samurai champloo with this game.
Combining hiphop with samurai

jonno394

Love the artwork, hope it's not a mobile exclusive, but after playing and enjoying voez a lot on my phone, I wouldn't be too unhappy at the prospect.

Peff

Kinda wish Tetsuya Mizuguchi were involved too for maximum rhythm face-melting action, but still, HYPE.

Moskalova

They probably don't want to work with PaRappa's voice actor, he's not exactly a professional person.

There's a new Parappa in development for smartphones

The Doko Demo Issho, PaRappa, and Boku no Natsuyasumi series will sequentially be developed for smartphones. Details, including developers, will be announced at a later date.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/sony-announces-smartphone-games-lineup-hot-shots-golf-wild-arms-parappa-nis-square-enix-projects

Pachael

Looks really hype, wonder if it'll be Parappa type rap or they'll do something a bit more Samurai Champloo type

"inis j", huh? interesting.

relieved to see they're not trying to crib greenblat or 326's look. digging the art and soundtrack sample so far. very interested in seeing where this goes.

Deft Beck

Kinda wish Tetsuya Mizuguchi were involved too for maximum rhythm face-melting action, but still, HYPE.

Mizuguchi doesn't really make "rhythm-action" titles, but games infused with musical elements. Rez is a musical shooter, Every Extend Extra (not his original design, but he oversaw the PSP title) was a musical shmup, etc.

I like this art style a lot. I look forward to seeing (likely mobile) gameplay.

Top Bottom