• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't take it to legal grounds because he is right. There was no contract involved so he doesn't legally have to pay you back.
This isn't true at all. They have a written agreement where both parties agreed to the terms. That constitutes as a contract. Not only that but there's also documented written confirmation that Dred received payment for goods that he never delivered.

I have. But only if I can pay after having the product in my hand. Don't know the correct expression for it, but in portuguese it's "à cobrança".
In the US I guess that's called Pay On Delivery. How does that work for Steam or PSN/BXL/eShop? You pay first and then you're allowed to download the game. You don't get the game on your system and then pay.

I realize this is semantics and such, I'm not necessarily trying to argue with you, I just find it fascinating that someone would go through such lengths to avoid paying for things before receiving them.

Kizer

This isn't true at all. They have a written agreement where both parties agreed to the terms. That constitutes as a contract. Not only that but there's also documented written confirmation that Dred received payment for goods that he never delivered.

Wouldn't he technically need to have a signature though? I mean, I understand that his name is on it, but I figured that is why they have you sign your name twice on contracts?

Peagles

Wouldn't he technically need to have a signature though? I mean, I understand that his name is on it, but I figured that is why they have you sign your name twice on contracts?

I don't know. People take people to court over online auctions and signatures are pretty much never exchanged.

No. It's better of course, but there's all kinds of work for hire and freelance jobs that never have contracts that can still be gone to court over. I'm currently freelancing for a comic book publisher and it's all work for hire, everything was done via email. I'm sure if I wanted one I could get a contract but there doesn't have to be. Them saying "this is the job and this is what we'll pay you to do it" and me saying "ok I'll do that" via email is enough.

ramyeon

Verbal contract, this has been discussed a few times in the thread.

The exchanges over Facebook are more than enough to prove a verbal contract was made between the two parties, the same way a signed contract would be used for proof in other circumstances.

And yes, promises you make can be legally binding.

APF

I feel compelled to ask just one more questions as I am fairly interested in the answer from some of you
I have a better question. If you're such an amazing businessman why are you wasting your money and interns' time periodically sending them out for $100 coffee runs when you could just buy a coffee machine?

DaBlackNerd

Neo Member
I have a better question. If you're such an amazing businessman why are you wasting your money and interns' time periodically sending them out for $100 coffee runs when you could just buy a coffee machine?

One thing that really annoys me about the internet is how even though the actually content is forever (unless edited) stamp in stone people still seem to quite literally just make up things to argue about.

You are pathetically projecting what you think a intern is, never once did I say I send them out for coffee. I pay for my interns gas to get to the office because I remember doing several internships when I was younger and the hardest thing in the world is having to pay to work for someone for free.

I sympathize with my interns because I know how hard it is to focus on what amounts to extra work when you have to juggle your low paying retail job with both school and rent and entertainment. I have made it a point that my interns shouldnt have to choose between paying rent, eating or coming to work with me because gas is a huge drain on their finances.

Rarely do I say things like this but why dont you try shutting the fuck up until you actually know what you are talking about.

No Love

Banned
I'm almost positive that "DaBlackNerd" is DredFoxx's "agent" doing damage control. LOL

Rarely do I say things like this but why dont you try shutting the fuck up until you actually know what you are talking about.

Oh shit, he's about to go DredFoxx on you bitches!!

crashbfan

Banned
Jo6jvmW.jpg

DaBlackNerd

Neo Member
Two seconds later and I already regret swearing like that. Really shouldnt be cursing at what I know is someone probably almost 10 years younger.

Very regrettable.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
DaBlacknerd, reflect for a moment how invested and angry you have become in this thread, then compare it to how little Dred would give a shit about you (moments before asking you for $5).

Worth it?

RocBase

Ooohhhhh shit. Read the blog, read the thread. Truly fried brain atm just WOW @ everything. A little disheartening knowing this asshole's behind the voice of our little dog rapper.

I don't get all of the people saying OP was so in the wrong. Sure he gave money to someone he didn't know, but it's not like it was to an anonymous Nigerian prince who needed the money to gain access to his fortune, it was a public figure (to use the term loosely), a professional (again, using the term loosely) who gave them a quote for services to be rendered, albeit through Facebook, and he didn't deliver. Then Dred basically gloats about how he isn't paying them back and he didn't do what he was payed to, the dude deserves to be shot down. The amount of money doesn't matter either, whether it's a hundred dollars or ten thousand, it's about the principle of it.
Basically what I wanted to say after reading the thread. Completely agree.

I feel compelled to ask just one more questions as I am fairly interested in the answer from some of you.

Clearly, Dredd is down on his luck and in the wrong here, clearly he is an asshole and as a black guy who isnt retarded and talks in jibberish I do dislike him just a bit for his representation....BUT

What is your thoughts on the situation being seen as dog piling on a person down on his luck? Doing this in the public eye and making (not that OP did this part intentionally) others publicly shame him can be viewed as attacking a person who has nothing and is clearly struggling.

If you paid a homeless to wash your car and then when he didnt you started to public berate and scream at him, to the outside viewer you just look like an asshole screaming at a homeless guy right?

To be clear the questions is, is there any concern of backlash of public shaming a person who seems to have nothing even if they are in the wrong?
I understand your perspective, but these two situations in no way compare. It'd be one thing if he took the money and bounced, but it'd be another if he not only took the money, but got caught in a Public Enemy concert waving his $300 iPad in the air, all the while instigating a mob against me by publicly slandering me off through a megaphone. There's a limit to so much bs one should have to let slide before action is taken and warnings are signaled to anyone else looking to do the same thing, especially when the scammer in question is pretending to act on professional grounds.

Furthermore a whole a whole year had passed since the OP lost the 100 bucks meaning he was willing to just let bygones be bygones. The thread was created as a result of the sudden slander from the man who was clearly in the wrong yet pretended to be in the right. Struggling or not, this doesn't grant you a pass to be a perpetuating asshole without consequence, nevermind a thief.

I honestly find it a bit strange that you're morally concerned someone's raising awareness about a yes struggling, but proven asshole and con-artist, yet you berate a 19 year old for not being a smart 10k business deal maker who will have a hard time finding a job because of this. Why do you even assume that's the field he's studying in?

Peagles

Two seconds later and I already regret swearing like that. Really shouldnt be cursing at what I know is someone probably almost 10 years younger.

Very regrettable.

I'm not sure what's funnier... The outbursts, or the remaining assumption that you of course must be older than people disagreeing with you (how else could you be so much wiser?)... Lol.

I'm also not convinced that OP has done something equal to your example of "public berate and scream at him". If anything that's how the VA has responded; all of OPs words I've seen are pretty calm.

Camjo-Z

I honestly find a bit strange that you're morally concerned someone's raising awareness about a yes struggling, but proven asshole and con-artist, yet you berate a 19 year old for not being a smart 10k business deal maker who will have a hard time finding a job because of this. Why do you even assume that's the field he's studying in?

I would've assumed that the fact that this entire thing started over me making a cartoon would reveal my intent to go into animation, but I guess not.

Septimius

What is your thoughts on the situation being seen as dog piling on a person down on his luck? Doing this in the public eye and making (not that OP did this part intentionally) others publicly shame him can be viewed as attacking a person who has nothing and is clearly struggling.

How do I know he's down on his luck? It just came across as "oh, sorry, my grandma ate my dog. I mean, homework" kind of excuses.

Further, as to what I think of what the OP did? All power to him. It's the kind of thing we all wish we did to someone that did something undeserving to us, and OP really managed to do it. It's not OP's fault that this guy is such an idiot that he first dodges the whole thing very vapidly, but then goes on an all out assault. Even better; OP warned he'd do it. Someone that's wronged someone and then only replies "DON'T THREATEN ME" has no right to be sympathized with. You need to have empathy to get empathy.

So I don't see anyone 'clearly struggling', and I don't see anyone that doesn't serve this onslaught. All power to OP for managing to get this together. I reserve my full voice, but my impression is that OP is certainly in the right.

Lace

cam you're a loser
Hopefully I'm not missing the /s

On topic, I'm glad to see you bring this to public light. This guy obviously is a scammer and terrible person to his fans. There is no reason he should be allowed to hide that fact.

Very regrettable.
Ah, the age card to prove how wise you are. What a terrible way to be passive aggressive. This thread is really getting people riled up it seems.

Seik

Banned
I just read the whole thing.

Honestly, I'm on OP's side, unless there's some stuff in this blog that's not mentioned, he's in the right.

It's totally ok to call him out in the public place too, since he seems so proud to be a mega star with 500 million fans. I mean look at how fucking big this guy's head is. I loved the original PaRappa, it's a classic to me, but the guy is just missing some class right there.

It's 100 fucking bucks, get down your higher-being cloud, pay it and be done with it for Christ's sake!!

$100

Valkrai

As much as I like the Parappa series, fuck Dred. He's totally in the wrong and he knows it (hopefully he does). Just pay it, it's a measly 100 dollars.

I just read the whole thing.

Honestly, I'm on OP's side, unless there's some stuff in this blog that's not mentioned, he's in the right.

It's totally ok to call him out in the public place too, since he seems so proud to be a mega star with 500 millions fans. I mean look at how fucking big this guy's head is. I loved the original PaRappa, it's a classic to me, but the guy is just missing some class right there.

It's 100 fucking bucks, get down your higher-being cloud, pay it and be done with it for Christ's sake!!

$100

Yep. Refund the money for services you didn't render and be done with it. Once it's cleared up ask OP to remove the blog (I'm betting he would) and lock this thread with a post at the end saying that all parties were made whole.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The thirst for that $30 moneygram is truly pathetic. I sympathize with you, OP.... especially when it would've taken him under 5 mins to record the lines for you and upload to youtube. My gut tells me he just didn't have the wherewithal or means to do it for you, but originally thought he could. I have never heard of this guy before this thread, and look forward to forgetting he exists again when I exit this thread.

mechphree

Yea....this guy is an embarassment. I would sue him, even if it's only$100 it's on principal. He agreed to something and never decided to do it.

APF

Rarely do you post, rarely do you say you are going to stop talking about a topic, rarely do you transparently insult people and tell them to shut up. This is a day of rarities for you.

APF

Very regrettable.

Sorry, didn't see this. I'm 39, feel free to continue acting like a jackass.

Zephyrus

Banned

In the US I guess that's called Pay On Delivery. How does that work for Steam or PSN/BXL/eShop? You pay first and then you're allowed to download the game. You don't get the game on your system and then pay.

I realize this is semantics and such, I'm not necessarily trying to argue with you, I just find it fascinating that someone would go through such lengths to avoid paying for things before receiving them.
Unless I have absolutely no other choice and really want something, I normally order something if I can pay on delivery. With steam/psn/xbl I really don't have a choice in the matter.
There are exceptions to everything.

It's not like I can go and buy a downloadable only title on a store.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ok I dont really care dude
you are corny and if I was dred I wouldn't take you seriously either
The Johnny Bravo avatar suits you.

MrBadger

This thread is weird. I can't believe people are defending a thief.

Well, almost can't believe it.

To play devil's advocate, if a man left his front door unlocked and someone came and robbed him while he was out, you can call that man careless for leaving his door open without praising the scumbag thief who took advantage of the situation to rob him.

I'm totally on OP's side with this, but I don't really think there's anyone in this thread who supports Dred Foxx's behaviour. Or I hope not, anyway.

crashbfan

Banned
i mean this dude is corny enough to hold a zelda avatar for almost a full year on Facebook. and hes well known for being a whiner and has no friends. I could drop 30 on the ground and not pick it up. hate u camjo always and forever even though dred gave me a good laugh with the "500 million fans" statement

Toxi

Banned
Are you sure PaRappa didn't tell you to drop Dred?

Jokes aside, guy needs to give you back your money. Taking advantage of people who love and respect you only means that you no longer have people who love and respect you.

rjinaz

cam you're a loser

ok I dont really care dude
you are corny and if I was dred I wouldn't take you seriously either

i mean this dude is corny enough to hold a zelda avatar for almost a full year on Facebook. and hes well known for being a whiner and has no friends. I could drop 30 on the ground and not pick it up. hate u camjo always and forever even though dred gave me a good laugh with the "500 million fans" statement

Wow, you seem like a really swell guy. Thanks for contributing /s

To play devil's advocate, if a man left his front door unlocked and someone came and robbed him while he was out, you can call that man careless for leaving his door open without praising the scumbag thief who took advantage of the situation to rob him.

I'm totally on OP's side with this, but I don't really think there's anyone in this thread who supports Dred Foxx's behaviour. Or I hope not, anyway.

Thats victim blaming, and its not okay man.

ramyeon

This can't be real haha.

This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom