• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Xbox Closed Beta Registrations Open

VariantX

3f9f0bdd-8c7b-4373-91aa-eb93a81186fb.jpg._CB288188775__SL300__.jpg
PoE is a mouse/KB game on PC. It underwent balance changes to work on controller for console.

Keinning

is it just here that the icon for the download is blank with no name?

i'm assuming its the game because its 8.97gb

edit: and its installing as an app???? o...kay then........

Justinh

Mine has a name, but the icon is blank (well, a purple xbox logo box-purple is my "profile color")

edit: but it's installing as a "game" for me

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
I also got my key. Lets do this! I've watched my friend play this, but this is the first time I've dived into. Looks fun.

^^^Mine has full art and is installing as a game.

Kadin

edit: and its installing as an app???? o...kay then........
Mine shows the proper thumbnail in Ready to install and it's the same size. Installing as a game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was out when I posted hours ago, too bad I didn't just try signing up right away.

Hopefully the next wave is soon.

Kadin

Your game started installing on the app tab as well?
I have the worst luck for stuff like this... i'm sweating here
I'd be really surprised if it somehow installed as the wrong type of application. I'm sure it's simply more an issue of the UI being glitched or something. Size is correct, I bet it works itself out after the download is done.

Justinh

Your game started installing on the app tab as well?
I have the worst luck for stuff like this... i'm sweating here

No, it was in games as it installed but really, what's the worst that could happen? I'd think that if it installed incorrectly, it'd still remain in your ready to install list and you could just try again. I'd just let it go and see what happens when it finishes for now.

Justin

I signed up about 40 minutes after the sign ups were posted and am still waiting.

Is it under NDA? Can you guys that already are in comment on performance and UI?

Kadin

I signed up about 40 minutes after the sign ups were posted and am still waiting.

Is it under NDA? Can you guys that already are in comment on performance and UI?
I never signed an NDA.

It plays smooth. The UI is a little clunky moving around from personal inventory to stash and the gems seem to auto-level instead of you choosing to do so. Seems to a solid 60fps through the first couple areas. Very impressed.

Oh and so far targeting doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm using Magma Orb and the game seems to place the orb appropriately after the enemy is targeted (outlined in red).

I do see a possible issue with trying to sift through drops though, not sure how easy that will be in a sea of loot later on.

Huh. I just realized that I had a code too! I redeemed it!

But my Xbox Live is expired! So far B/S/T GAF hasn't had anyone offer some Gold membership codes for cheap.

Kadin

Huh. I just realized that I had a code too! I redeemed it!

But my Xbox Live is expired! So far B/S/T GAF hasn't had anyone offer some Gold membership codes for cheap.
You still see people in the hub areas without Live, just can't play with them. Just fyi.

I'm still downloading the game, but do we know if there is local co-op? I am quite fond of the local co-op that was introduced in Marvel Heroes Omega. I'd love to see something similar here too.

Hexer06

I'm still downloading the game, but do we know if there is local co-op? I am quite fond of the local co-op that was introduced in Marvel Heroes Omega. I'd love to see something similar here too.

Pretty sure they said no local co-op at launch, but it's something they wanna do. I forget where I heard it tho.

From what I remember, the PC version was very much centered around trading with others. Are they going to have closed servers or alter the drop system?

Keinning

Liked it so far, controls pretty good. I'll goof around more tomorrow

People said to plan in advance your build because respecs are kinda limited and theres no full respec option. Welp too late. Gonna use the beta do to a stupid build based on intuition then, its going to reset anyway

Orca

Kind of surprised at how well this plays. The only issue was the lack of storage space, so I had to juggle items a lot.

Kind of surprised at how well this plays. The only issue was the lack of storage space, so I had to juggle items a lot.

Does Xbox version have any loot filters I wonder? On PC version it's standard to set up a loot filter to filter out all the junk that drops, so that only relevant/good items for you are shown.

Learning what you should pick up and what you shouldn't is a skill in of itself.

I probably already know the answer to this but does anyone know if they'll be wiping the servers before launch?

I mainly just want to keep the name of my character the most.

Raide

I was putting my email address in and it kept saying it was invalid. Probably missed the window now.

Anyone have a spare code?

Top Bottom