• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

CushVA

Ap01QGkCQAA74FY.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Interesting. According to the BSN, all ME3 multiplayer servers are apparently down.

Singleplayer is apparently unable to verify From Ashes either

edit: Though I guess this is a regular occurrence?

Wow, such a cluster fuck at times today, in the beginning there were 5 random lines for something/to get in and everyone was just going "what the fuck" lol

And holy shit at the time it took to get the swag bag at the back, blew my mind.

Max Payne 3 :'( all hype was just killed for me when I played it, controls felt awful , I'll still get it though.

Got the kid icarus cards :D

:( huge looooooooooooooonnnnnnggggggg lines really kill the flow for me, borderlands 2 line was insane, I skipped it :/ will try tomorrow

Moofers

Is there a stream for the panel anywhere? The Pax site isn't streaming this one and the Bioware TV link just has some dudes doing an interview that clearly isn't the panel.

Wow, such a cluster fuck at times today, in the beginning there were 5 random lines for something/to get in and everyone was just going "what the fuck" lol

And holy shit at the time it took to get the swag bag at the back, blew my mind.

Max Payne 3 :'( all hype was just killed for me when I played it, controls felt awful , I'll still get it though.

Got the kid icarus cards :D

:( huge looooooooooooooonnnnnnggggggg lines really kill the flow for me, borderlands 2 line was insane, I skipped it :/ will try tomorrow
What card do you get?

What card do you get?
Think it's the same pack that was in another convention, it's "series 1" and it's 10 cards.

Line to play and get it is very short, plus you get a free kid Icarus t-shirt and xenoblade poster.

The guy next to me kept going "owwwwwww" when he was taking damage, intense match of kid icarus

Bonus: Mario tennis 3DS was really good, the super Mario brothers 1 mode was addicting

Balehead

KCox: polling audience: which ME is your favorite? very few hands for ME1. TONS for ME2. Not so many for ME3. "So. You guys just want to talk about ME2..."

Oh man, I can sense the awkwardness.

Think it's the same pack that was in another convention, it's "series 1" and it's 10 cards.

Line to play and get it is very short, plus you get a free kid Icarus t-shirt and xenoblade poster.

The guy next to me kept going "owwwwwww" when he was taking damage, intense match of kid icarus

Bonus: Mario tennis 3DS was really good, the super Mario brothers 1 mode was addicting

Is that only for the tournament thing? I hope they are doing it tomorrow.

CushVA

5:11 KCox:
"We definitely look, we definitely put together a list." The community team feed the dev team the questions. "We want to give you some more closure" around the questions you have, fill in some of the unknowns. "Want to give players a sense of personalization with the endings"

5:11 KCox:
"When you see the ending of Mass Effect, you now have the information and the context to feel satisfied"

5:12 KCox:
Still "summer" release - "going to put in the time and the effort that it takes, not going to rush it." "More than just a few cinematic scenes - definitely a considerable amount. So we're happy to be doing it."

CushVA

Hmmm

5:18 KCox:
"Do we have any comments about the indoctrination theory?"

"The indoctrination theory illustrates again how, um, committed the fanbase is..." don't want to comment either way. Don't want to be prescriprive -- fans interpret their own way, plus DLC coming. "We want the content to speak for itself, and we'll let it do so"

Is that only for the tournament thing? I hope they are doing it tomorrow.
It's not really a tournament I think, just you play a light vs dark match and leave with the stuff. That's what I did. But yeah you have to play vs to get the cards

The guy said it was all weekend and a different poster each day, wonder what tomorrow will be :O

It's not really a tournament I think, just you play a light vs dark match and leave with the stuff. That's what I did. But yeah you have to play vs to get the cards

The guy said it was all weekend and a different poster each day, wonder what tomorrow will be :O

but.... but.... I want a Xenoblade poster D: though free stuff is free stuff!!!!

Moofers

Hmmm

"Do we have any comments about the indoctrination theory?"

"The indoctrination theory illustrates again how, um, committed the fanbase is..." don't want to comment either way. Don't want to be prescriprive -- fans interpret their own way, plus DLC coming. "We want the content to speak for itself, and we'll let it do so"

Thx for this! There's no stream anywhere, so you are the best option we've got! Appreciated!

That is funny. It's going to be an entire panel about dodging question about the ending of Mass Effect 3.

How many ways can they say:
"We love our fans and their feedback. The DLC will answer all your questions this summer."

Tilian

Banned
Based on the live blog by KCox, it looks like Bioware managed to avoid any real trouble (in part, I think, but only leaving 5-10 minutes for questions).

Wonder if anybody there can confirm differently, and if there was any real tangible anger in the air.

Based on the live blog by KCox, it looks like Bioware managed to avoid any real trouble (in part, I think, but only leaving 5-10 minutes for questions).

Wonder if anybody there can confirm differently, and if there was any real tangible anger in the air.

The questions were horrendous. Not one mention about the Starchild, not one about Joker/Normandy fleeing the explosion. Not one mention about the destruction of the Mass Relays. Not one mention about whether or not the alien races are stuck on Sol (without food). Wow at how this all played out.

JimmyBoy

Nintendo booth had a sick Xenoblade poster they were giving away. Waiting to listen to Curt Schilling now. The Indie game section is rocking this year.

The questions were horrendous. Not one mention about the Starchild, not one about Joker/Normandy fleeing the explosion. Not one mention about the destruction of the Mass Relays. Not one mention about whether or not the alien races are stuck on Sol (without food). Wow at how this all played out.

They are good at dodging.

hwalker84

By the time I came up for the Mass Effect panel it was ridiculously long and they weren't letting anyone in.

I really wanted to ask two questions

1.) When is bioware going allow me to make a black male/female. All we're asking is for Jacobs hair as a guy. That would be acceptable
2.) What the hell was up with the quest journal deign downgraded?

hwalker84

Did anyone see Witcher 2 Enchanced Edition on the 360? Best looking consol game period. I thought it was the PC version and no one in my group believed it was the 360 version. I asked the lady to prove it and she allowed us to look under the kiosks and they were all Xbox 360's.

Simo

I absolutely loved it too. The 360 version looked great, controlled great, sounded great and oozed Max Payne

Are you going back to play it again tomorrow? Rockstar just tweeted there will be a new level to play through tomorrow with Max in New York.

hwalker84

Are you going back to play it again tomorrow? Rockstar just tweeted there will be a new level to play through tomorrow with Max in New York.
I played enough to buy. I think I'll save the rest for later. I need to play that Borderlands

-PXG-

Indie section is where its at. They are are so chill. I wanted to go back and see the Gaijin guys again, but I was too fucked up. Tomorrow for sure.

Guacamelee is fun as hell btw.

-PXG-

Oh pm your motherfuckin numbers

Edit.

If y'all want, we might have a mini meetup at the cambrige hyatt tonight. Someone bring a 360, controller and games too. Get some gaming session up in my room. Lets do it.

mollipen

Hoooooly crap was the audience for our panel about transgender characters in gaming packed. When I got there, there was this huge line waiting, and I thought it was for the Mass Effect room next door. I was totally afraid that there would only be a small turnout, but people just kept coming and coming.

Ended up going really well I think. People really seem into the panel all the way through, we had a ton of people wanting to ask us questions and the end, and we got some really great comments after we were done. More than a few people told me how happy they were that we took a serious look at the subject, which really made me feel good.

We're supposed to have audio and video of the panel, so I'll let everybody know how to check it out once that gets up and going.

-PXG-

Cliff is here? I'm totally meeting him if he's available tomorrow.

Oh and I have a metric fuck yon of swag.

Fjordson

Did anyone see Witcher 2 Enchanced Edition on the 360? Best looking consol game period. I thought it was the PC version and no one in my group believed it was the 360 version. I asked the lady to prove it and she allowed us to look under the kiosks and they were all Xbox 360's.

I absolutely loved it too. The 360 version looked great, controlled great, sounded great and oozed Max Payne
Witcher 2: EE and Max Payne 3 are the next two big games I'm excited about, so thanks for the quick impressions!

Glad to hear Witcher 2 on 360 is looking good.

Tilian

Banned
Hoooooly crap was the audience for our panel about transgender characters in gaming packed. When I got there, there was this huge line waiting, and I thought it was for the Mass Effect room next door. I was totally afraid that there would only be a small turnout, but people just kept coming and coming.

Ended up going really well I think. People really seem into the panel all the way through, we had a ton of people wanting to ask us questions and the end, and we got some really great comments after we were done. More than a few people told me how happy they were that we took a serious look at the subject, which really made me feel good.

We're supposed to have audio and video of the panel, so I'll let everybody know how to check it out once that gets up and going.

Great, yes, please provide a link if/when ready. Very interested in the discussion. I see Gamespot has covered a number of panels, but alas not this one.

Top Bottom