• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

Patryn

The only thing I need to play is Max Payne 3. Ill spend the rest of the time wandering around.

Then I highly advise you getting there early, and going directly to the booth.

I assume that it and Borderlands 2 will be the megalines this year.

Lexxon

You are saying that PAX East didn't have fakes?

If there were fakes, it wasn't nearly as much of an issue as it was at Prime 2011. I never heard anything about fake badges until then.

The PAX twitter mentioned that they've already seen fake badges this year, so they'll be on the lookout for them. As a reminder for anyone buying badges...don't buy them from shady sources or from folks right outside the venue! There's some anti-piracy markers on this year's badges (think shiny) that should help differentiate them.

mollipen

My strategy: If a line is going to be longer than an hour it isn't worth it.

Seriously. I know I'm spoiled due to my job and getting to see gamers early, but no early hands-on is worth sitting in line for more than an hour for—and even an hour is pushing it. Have fun at the show. Go see panels. Make new friends. Do stuff. Don't spend all of your time waiting in line to play a game you'll be able to buy a few months later.

Mahonay

Banned
I' d say 1 hour for a line is okay if it's something you REALLY want to play. Whatever you do though, do not waste your time in these 2-3 (or more) hour lines. There's so many other awesome things to do at PAX East. Don't waste you're valuable time just standing there in a line.

Hey guys, if you come to the StreetPass network panel there will be some interesting things handed out to everyone who attends. Make sure you stop by this Saturday!

Lexxon

Hey guys, if you come to the StreetPass network panel there will be some interesting things handed out to everyone who attends. Make sure you stop by this Saturday!

I'll be there, assuming I wake up on time! (Hotel room full of strangers...we shall see...)

Bought my 3DS on Saturday, so all of this stuff is still pretty new to me.

hwalker84

Anything going on for tomorrow? I get in by myself and will just be roaming around all day. Until my Bulls play Boston.

Patryn

I'm potentially going on Saturday now should I secure this pass someone is trying to sell me.

Be careful and make sure that it's someone you trust. As stated earlier in this thread, fake passes are already out there, and after Prime I think they'll be cracking down hardcore.

arne

I hadn't posted this before, but I did ask for it to be added to the OP. Naughty Dog is doing a panel at PAX this year - going over how we iterated on the Chateau environment and chapters from beginning to end, with lots of video of each iteration to boot.

An Uncharted 3 Story: The Chateau, Creation to Ashes
Friday, 4pm, Naga Theatre
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/an-uncharted-3-story-the-chateau-creation-to-ashes

Come hear the behind the scenes story of how we created the Chateau level, from beginning concept to final implementation. Justin Richmond, Game Director, and Eric Schatz, Game Designer, will take you inside the fun and occasionally terrifying process of game design at Naughty Dog. We will give a never before seen tour of one of Uncharted 3’s set piece levels, The Chateau. From first idea all the way through to the final burning husk of the level, you will see it all in videos and screenshots. Gasp at our missteps! Laugh at our silly side ventures! Ask us questions! All this and more when you come to The Chateau, Creation to Ashes: An Uncharted Story.

PANELISTS:
Justin Richmond [Game Director, Naughty Dog], Eric Schatz [Game Designer, Naughty Dog], Arne Meyer [Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

It will also be livestreamed on TwitchTV - like the Retro Roadshow.

We're also giving away art print style posters

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm here in boston Airport at 1 am. Nowhere to go or stay for another 10 hours. Can anyone room 2 people? :D

Hero

So far Saturday meet-up is winning. I think we should end the vote tomorrow at midnight so people can adjust their schedules to accommodate the meet-up.

Mahonay

Banned
I really should sleep, got a long day of driving ahead.

So did we end up with deciding friday or saturday?
Seems like people were for Saturday.

Which may work for me as well now. Sounds like Giant Bomb might do their meet up Friday instead of after the panel on Saturday since that ends so late.

Can't wait to get started with Rock Band Night!

Patryn

Still haven't slept. I hate all of youuuuuuu

I'm sure you might be able to find a corner at the Boston Library. It's in Copley square.

Is there any way to distinguish a fake pass from a genuine one?

It'll be a little last minute, but they've announced that they'll have a booth in front of the BCEC where they'll tell you if a pass is fake or genuine. They're hoping that if people do buy passes from scalpers in front they'll get them checked first.

In nj at the moment. Will be driving back home in MA tonight. We've only got passes for Saturday and Sunday, so robertM and My votes are for Saturday. Trying to figure out parking at the moment, probably getting to Boston super early Saturday to secure an overpriced parking spot, so we will probably chill and have breakfast somewhere in Boston, if anyone wants to meet up for early breakfast or something, let me know.

I assume for the meetup, it would be good to have someone's number? I know NYC gaf does that.

Mahonay

Banned
Still haven't slept. I hate all of youuuuuuu

Me neither :-/ Sitting at this Starbucks near the Omni Hotel because I arrived way before check in. Hopefully they're able to get me in early or I'm sitting here for 3 more hours. I guess I could wait in the lobby if I wanted to. At least my bag got checked in.

-PXG-

My train leaves at 6:30. I can't fucking wait.
this weekend is gonna be great.

So meetup tomorrow night. Who else wants to get white girl wasted with me?

-PXG-

I look forward to seeing you again Markman. Winter Brawl 2011 was a long time ago.

Oh and Friday or Saturday for the meetup is, fine. And fuck breakfast. Night time. GAF plus booze is bound to be s blasy. We know how to have fun for our NYC meet ups.

I look forward to seeing you again Markman. Winter Brawl 2011 was a long time ago.

Oh and Friday or Saturday for the meetup is, fine. And fuck breakfast. Night time. GAF plus booze is bound to be s blasy. We know how to have fun for our NYC meet ups.

I was just talking about breakfast if anyone wanted to join, I definitely didn't mean the meetup should be a breakfast thing or even during the day. Perhaps you misunderstood me.

Top Bottom