• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

Lombax

Banned
Beer people. Is Gahndi Bot easy to find around the convention center, I was told its amazing and wanted to pick some up while I'm there.

Close to the convention center try these stores:

Bee's Knees There is also a connivence store with a good selection next to the Trillium brewery (EDIT: Fort Point Market) but for reference Trillium is here

m@cross

You guys get hit again last night. I'm near Albany NY and we got snow and ice last night. Warmer today though

Not in a meaningful way in Boston. Warmer today, lot of melt going on, but giant snow piles only go away so fast. Expect mostly clean pavement with gigantic mounds of snow ready to fall over and kill you....

PAX is shaping up nicely enough though, 27, 37, 38 with sun, sun, clouds, no rain/snow.

Hero

Have a Saturday badge available for sale from a friend who can't make it suddenly. 60 dollars, PM if interested.

NateDrake

I hate that they schedule PAX the same weekend as daylight savings. Not going to get anywhere near enough sleep that night. Didn't they do that last year too?

They always seem to schedule it either on daylight savings or Palm Sunday weekend.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They always seem to schedule it either on daylight savings or Palm Sunday weekend.
It was Easter weekend a few years ago

Picture of BCEC today:

NsCaHYb.jpg

Frostburn

Flight from Richmond to Boston was canceled by JetBlue not even a 24 hour notice, The best they can do is get us there Friday afternoon or refund us the money. Decided to drive since the next flight we could take would up the cost of flying by over $300.

Sober

Going to be flying in tomorrow morning. Probably gonna see some sights before I pick up my passes in the afternoon.

How many of you guys are gonna be in by Thursday evening? We should all hang out!

NateDrake

Flight from Richmond to Boston was canceled by JetBlue not even a 24 hour notice, The best they can do is get us there Friday afternoon or refund us the money. Decided to drive since the next flight we could take would up the cost of flying by over $300.

Hopefully you don't get impacted by any of the snow in the more southern states that get slammed tomorrow.

Frostburn

Hopefully you don't get impacted by any of the snow in the more southern states that get slammed tomorrow.

Yeah going to leave very early morning to try to avoid most of it (and traffic) but there are really no other options with them canceling so close to our flight leaving. Trains are booked and more expensive then flights, buses are also booked and on-par with our flight ticket prices so driving is really our only option if we still want to go.

Going to be flying in tomorrow morning. Probably gonna see some sights before I pick up my passes in the afternoon.

How many of you guys are gonna be in by Thursday evening? We should all hang out!

I'm not actually working Friday so I can go out Thursday

NateDrake

Source? I am so fucking there!

Square sent out an email. If you play the demo of Type-0 you get a poster. A Tomb Raider cosplayer will be walking around and if you take a pic with her and Tweet it you will get a poster. Some other stuff too.

Jhoan

My ETA is 6PM/6:30PM because of icy road conditions so my friend is gonna drive slower (we were hitting 80/90 MPH at a few points last year!). I might check out the hotel gym with my friends. Otherwise, I'll be free and down to head out and some places.

Lombax

Banned
Question:
CAPCOM:
I'm currently addicted to Monster Hunter 4, and I was wondering if there is either A. Any reason to street pass in / near the booth or B. If Capcom will be selling any kind of MH gear? I know they tend to have a store at some shows just never been to the booth at PAX.

Edit: Follow up question. I have a friend who wants to go to the Blizzard Panel at 10:30 tomorrow. Does he have to wait in the mega line? Or could he just head straight to Albatross?

ScribbleD

Anyone with an extra 3-day or full set of Fri/Sat/Sun badges for sale? I'll be outside the BCEC Friday, or the Holiday Inn in Brookline today if anyone wants to make arrangements.

Looking to buy them at cost + maybe a little more. Thanks so much ^_^

Tom_Cody

Question:
CAPCOM:
I'm currently addicted to Monster Hunter 4, and I was wondering if there is either A. Any reason to street pass in / near the booth or B. If Capcom will be selling any kind of MH gear? I know they tend to have a store at some shows just never been to the booth at PAX.
I'm not sure if I understand your question but I will try to answer.

I have never been to PAX, but I go to NYCC every year and it is my understanding that they are similar in terms of streetpass. Expect to get tons of streetpasses everywhere around the show, though the Capcom booth, Nintendo Booth, and the Handheld Lounge will likely be the hot spots. For the main street pass plaza, you will get more street passes than you could ever want to clear while you're there. Regarding Monster Hunter 4U specifically, you might not get as many, but you should still get dozens while you're at the show (estimate based off my experience with titles like K:IU and Animal Crossing).

Regarding merch, the had a bunch of stuff at NYCC last fall. To get a taste, you can look at their online web store:
http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/list/categoryID.53786900/monster-hunter.html

There was also a vendor immediately next to their booth focused mostly on Monster Hunter merch, with tons of trading figures and statues.

Capcom's booth is going to be fairly large, but they have seemed to be mostly silent on their social media channels regarding the show. I have no idea what to expect from them at the show.

Have plans been made for tomorrow night? I remember last year was a little hectic mostly due Giant Bomb grabbing the Whiskey Priest, but we might want to look into some more organization this year.

Happy to help coordinate.

evilalien

Anyone with an extra 3-day or full set of Fri/Sat/Sun badges for sale? I'll be outside the BCEC Friday, or the Holiday Inn in Brookline today if anyone wants to make arrangements.

Looking to buy them at cost + maybe a little more. Thanks so much ^_^

I have 2 extra 3-day passes now because my friends from MD decided not to make the drive up with the storm down there. Let me know if you want one soon (and the other is up for grabs to anybody else too), otherwise I'm going to dump them somewhere else. I'm looking for $135.

I expect to be there early on Friday somewhere around 8:30am so we have a window to meet up before I get into line for the keynote.

Anyone up for grabbing dinner tonight for pre-PAX? Sober wanted to do something and I'll see if we can organize something

Have plans been made for tomorrow night? I remember last year was a little hectic mostly due Giant Bomb grabbing the Whiskey Priest, but we might want to look into some more organization this year.

Happy to help coordinate.

Friday night plans are still up in the air so if you want to plan something out feel free.

Lombax

Banned
Depending on what the line is looking like for the Bombcast tomorrow night I might bail early if you guys want to meet up that would be cool.

I can't believe it but I may actually have found tickets! Whoooo! It'll be my first PAX too!

PAX Veterans, what should I expect?

Clearos

going Lucky's Lounge around 9pm on Friday for anyone not staying right at the convention center. After Tennolive that is where the group is migrating and only half a mile from my hotel.

Clearos

Just PAX in general. What time should I expect to be at the convention center in the morning? Should I bring cash or do merchants all take cards?

Safer to bring cash, I think a lot of vendors have credit cards but depending what you are buying there can be big lines and people surrounding the tables so having the extra change can get you back on the move.

5amshift

Banned
Just PAX in general. What time should I expect to be at the convention center in the morning? Should I bring cash or do merchants all take cards?

Get there around 8am. Not kidding. For the people that wait in line, the line is like forever from what I hear to get in. Get there early as possible before 9am to get somewhat in at a good time to the show floor. Bring both. Tons of booths will take either, but just take some cash to be safe.

Get there around 8am. Not kidding. For the people that wait in line, the line is like forever from what I hear to get in. Get there early as possible before 9am to get somewhat in at a good time to the show floor. Bring both. Tons of booths will take either, but just take some cash to be safe.

The queue line gets stupid long and takes a while, so I don't bother anymore and show up a little later and can just stroll right into the expo hall after it opens. I usually show up around 10:15-10:30 or so?

I mean, there's nothing on the show floor you absolutely need to rush to I think.

5amshift

Banned
The queue line gets stupid long and takes a while, so I don't bother anymore and show up a little later and can just stroll right into the expo hall after it opens. I usually show up around 10:15-10:30 or so?

I mean, there's nothing on the show floor you absolutely need to rush to I think.

Not this year, but I guess Splatoon really for most people..

Sigfodr

First PAX, too.

How bad is it to low-key job/internship hunt? Nothing obnoxious, but I feel like there will be so many PR teams to connect with, I didn't want to give up the opportunity.

5amshift

Banned
I really want to play Splatoon, but that line is going to clear out a decent clip where I won't have to rush I'd think. At least 8 people every 5 minutes or so probably?

If it's the same setup like E3 it should be even shorter than that. I can confirm the setup later today when I'm on the floor.

First PAX, too.

How bad is it to low-key job/internship hunt? Nothing obnoxious, but I feel like there will be so many PR teams to connect with, I didn't want to give up the opportunity.

Hope you have business cards ready.

Hey guys! It'll be the first pax in a while that I won't be attending, but I'll definitely be up for a meetup. I'm free Friday night, so Mully RobertM and I are going to go out if anyone wants to join. I have a few people's phone numbers from last year, but pm me and I'll give you mine!

I know it's last minute, I've been super busy with life and thesis, pax totally crept up on me. Anyways I was thinking harpoon or maybe hotpot or something?

Definitely pm me for details! I'm pretty good about organizing things, so I'll keep yall informed.

Patryn

First PAX, too.

I hope you just realize that, at least for the larger companies, many of the people on the floor are actually just promo people, with no permanent ties to the companies involved.

I know because my sister does promo tours and she was working in the Ubisoft booth one year.

5amshift

Banned
I hope you just realize that, at least for the larger companies, many of the people on the floor are actually just promo people, with no permanent ties to the companies involved.

I know because my sister does promo tours and she was working in the Ubisoft booth one year.

True, but not entirely. You'll see PR reps and community managers around for studios and publishers. You just have to know faces.

Top Bottom