• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2016 - Boston, MA

Jhoan

Is there anything else we should know for first time PAX Visitors?

Thanks in advance

El
Lines for panels don't queue up unti everyone has been let inside so feel free to linger around until you're given the okay. Twitter is your best friend for knowing if panels have been capped via @PAXlines.

Expo Hall: play all the small Indies and avoid big game booths. You’ll accrue swag just from walking around for half an hour. If you need a break from the chaos, the Take This Lounge is yout BFF. Cosplayers will be everywhere. Line Entertainment gives away all kinds of cool stuff so it's worth playing their games. Ground animal panels 1st floor, flying second, underwater C level.

No alcohol allowed anywhere outside the small designated area. I'll be in Arachnid Theatre at 2pm if you need any additional help. Info booth has everything you need though.

Nintendo booth has Kirby, Federation Force, and Monster Hunter Generations playable. And Star Fox, and but that's already out.

Like the previous PAX events, you get a free t-shirt for trading 3 tickets, one for each demo played.

For Sony Playstation VR, you need to download the Experience Playstation app and schedule an appointment. I didn't know this (and I should have because I did the same thing for Vive and Oculus during Prime) and now I reserved a 4pm spot instead of a morning one as I intended. It's all booked for today, so be ready for tomorrow if interested.

Going to look around the rest of the hall after.

Bummer, wish I knew about that PS VR reservation earlier

It took 20 minutes for a square Enix lanyard lol, iPad was slow as fuck so I guess that's why

ohkay

For Sony Playstation VR, you need to download the Playstation Experience app and schedule an appointment. I didn't know this (and I should have because I did the same thing for Vive and Oculus during Prime) and now I reserved a 4pm spot instead of a morning one as I intended. It's all booked for today, so be ready for tomorrow if interested.
Are the sign ups only for the day of?

Nintendo booth has Kirby, Federation Force, and Monster Hunter Generations playable. And Star Fox, and but that's already out.

Like the previous PAX events, you get a free t-shirt for trading 3 tickets, one for each demo played.

For Sony Playstation VR, you need to download the Playstation Experience app and schedule an appointment. I didn't know this (and I should have because I did the same thing for Vive and Oculus during Prime) and now I reserved a 4pm spot instead of a morning one as I intended. It's all booked for today, so be ready for tomorrow if interested.

Going to look around the rest of the hall after.

What time do reservations become available for the day?

For Sony Playstation VR, you need to download the Playstation Experience app and schedule an appointment. I didn't know this (and I should have because I did the same thing for Vive and Oculus during Prime) and now I reserved a 4pm spot instead of a morning one as I intended. It's all booked for today, so be ready for tomorrow if interested..

How can I get this PS app needed for VR reservations?

nvm: its called Experience Playstation in the Google Play store

EDIT: At this point, I'm not sure. Might as well download the app and check just to make sure.

So I downloaded the app and all the reservations for today are full but reservations for tomorrow and Sunday are wide open but unable to be booked.

They must open the reservations up in the morning. Looks like there's around 150-200 per day for each demo group.

The BCEC is packed.

goOFD6A.jpg

Jhoan

I'll be appearing at Arachnid Theatre shortly for my shift. Getting ready to rock em like a hurricane. Wearing a yellow bandana over my neck.

I have a friend that needs a ticket for Friday. But specifically just for the Friday night concert. If any one can hook a fellow gaffer it would be appreciated.

NM. The issue has been resolved.

ohkay

So I downloaded the app and all the reservations for today are full but reservations for tomorrow and Sunday are wide open but unable to be booked.

They must open the reservations up in the morning. Looks like there's around 150-200 per day for each demo group.
I can't reserve anything for sat/sun but I see the numbers going down

Gearbox panel is starting soon, so heading there instead of my PSVR demo time.

I asked the booth rep about tomorrow, and he said the slots will open up at 9am. I probably should have asked why there are lesser numbers from what I've been hearing. I honestly don't know what's going on.

Mully

RIP Mully.

IM A STANDUP CITIZEN NOW.

I DO MY DRINKING IN SOCCER STADIUM PARKING LOTS AND DANCE IN DESIGNATED DRUNK AREAS OF THE STADIUM.

Just got off work here in NY. Happy to see the regular crew is up there having fun. You guys always make the new people feel welcome and comfortable with themselves (including me). You guys were the reason I kept coming back year in, year out. I'm on vacation.

How did last night go guys?

Heading to the whiskey priest. I got in the Battleborn line before they capped it. Waited an hour and a half, just to get near the end for them to say sorry. No more games for the night. WTF.

My wife and I are here, at the Priest. We have a table, bar side, all the way at the end.

Look for the guy with the best Castlevania shirt in existence.

so I downloaded the psvr app and made an account and see some Saturday spots already full but can't schedule anything 0_o

are those Saturday ones full for the press/blogs

Jhoan

I want to catch the Giant Bomb panel but still in Arachnid. It's my yearly tradition to meet them and sign my badge. I need the Bomb.

pantsmith

Pro tip:

1 - the Totinos pizza roll lounge is actually incredible. Please seek it out and feed yourself free pizza rolls

Also be sure to get yourself turned into a Gwent card!

2 - there is a wealth of great games on the floor this year. If there's a crazy long line to play something, remember you could just go play three or four of the smaller games a little further out and make the devs there happy

3 - based on one day's experience, it is physically impossible to see or do everything you want to. Do a little bit of planning if there's something you'd really like to get to.

For instance I stopped by the Adult Swim booth to play Ghost Song and it turns out it's only available in the morning. Good to know!

ohkay

so I downloaded the psvr app and made an account and see some Saturday spots already full but can't schedule anything 0_o

are those Saturday ones full for the press/blogs
I talked to a guy at the psvr booth and he said the slots open up at 9 am the day of(not sure about the ones being filled already)

My wife and I are here, at the Priest. We have a table, bar side, all the way at the end.

Look for the guy with the best Castlevania shirt in existence.

Two of us are here. Where are you folks? You can't miss us, because the poster I'm with is a 6 ft+ kilo Kylo Ren.

Kovet

Played rain world, deaths gambit, monsters and monocles, and a few other indie games like brawlhala. Nice experience but i just wish the event was a week long with less ppl admitted per day so the lines were shorter

Top Bottom